Is my 07 Ranger Sport worth saving after catastrophic engine failure. I have 120,000km otherwise in good condition...

Is my 07 Ranger Sport worth saving after catastrophic engine failure. I have 120,000km otherwise in good condition. I was quoted $7200 Canuck bucks with tax (5588.64 USD) for the replacement (Im sure I could get it down somewhat.)
But I was thinking of just buying a new car at this point? Budget is like $10k CAD if I do. I love my truck to death but I dont really NEED 1 anymore so was thinking of getting a dodge dart or someshit. Can get a low mileage one for cheap. Open to other suggestions.
>tl;dr
Ranger is kill, save it or buy a normal car?

>pic related google image result of the greatest vehicle ever made.

What's condition of body/paint? Any other stuff that might need replacing soon?

could probably use new tires. Paint has a minor scratch but nothing I cant live with and not remotely rusted or anything.
I have a huge dent in one of the wheel wells (inside bed) I've been meaning to bang out myself. Other than that no. No rust, not damage to the body. Just got new brakes. No mechanical issues(aside from no fucking engine)

Maybe you can lurk kijji,Craigslist or ebay for an engine supplier with decent warranty? Where did you find the one you mention on OP?

>$6k
Jesus you can find a used engine much cheaper than that

>where did you find the one you mention on OP?
Ford dealership.
Probably Im looking. But I dont want a hatchet job rebuild and that was with tax and labour. desu doing a whole engine transplant myself seems above my paygrade.

Find a rebuilt engine on ebay with minimal 2 yr warranty and have a reputable shop install

They sell car engines on Ebay?
I assume I need to search local....

You can do all of that for less than half what you were quoted. You don't even have to rebuild it, just throw it in and keep the vehicle as a spare for cheap.

>Ford dealership.
No wonder it's so expensive. What engine, SOHC 4.0L?

spend $500 on swapping in a junkyard engine.

Yeah that's just where I first got it towed cause its all I knew in the area.
And it's the 3.0l iirc but I dont have vehicle here.
Id rather not do that on a car I have to drive long distances everyday.

ayyy nigga my friend who doesnt know anything about cars did that when the motor blew on his chevy sonic. his fiance's dad helped him pull the motor and do the swap. It's been his DD for over a year now and he's an amazon delivery driver in the car.

NO, they ship on a pallet

Sell it after you swap then. What you have now is worth its weight at a scrapyard. Or keep it as a spare.

Oh shit. that's neat. definitely a good resource then.
Im not insuring two cars.
If I do sell I'd probably do something like that to maximize value. Plus I can trade in for tax reasons.

Out of curiosity. How do you have a catastrophic engine failure at 120K km?
Also, keep the truck, because truck and Ford.

>catastrophic engine failure. I have 120,000km

What the fuck did you do to it, those 3.0's are pretty bulletproof.....

Just sell it or donate it to charity. It's obvious that you will find any reason not to fix up your old ride.

Give it to me (Ontario) for an OM617 diesel swap or some guy in Orangeville for a TDI 1.9 swap.

You'll get something like 35 highway MPG on the TDI and 30 highway MPG on the OM617.

Abandon this thread, she just wants validation to go buy a new vehicle.

Swap in a $500 junkyard 302 and turn a turd into something cool. Otherwise part out.

Ran it dry of oil.

wait if HE doesn't want it, I sure do

2007 ranger for an engine swap or even a frame swap

though, i want a metal access bed for my ranger so it might be pretty pointless

why are (((theyre))) a female

erm don't know full details of diagnosis but I believe it. I had a knock then checked oil it was a bit low so I filled it. Knock remained the next day. So I was gonna get it checked out but it went insanely loud after flooring it up a steep hill and then BANG on my way home. I am aware I am retarded. But shit was fine like 3 days earlier.
>ranger
>turd
KYS my dude
>if you dont want a junk yard engine or two insure two cars you just want to buy a new car.
no.

BC.
No.

Why no? TDI and OM617 swaps are incredibly common.
If you lift it around 4 inches, you could even do the coveted 4BT swap but I personally find that amount of displacement kinda mundane for a Ranger.

You don't even need a junkyard engine. Old ALH running motors with attached VWs are like $500 (I bought three of them for my swap) and OM617 TDIs are pretty cheap ($1200 or so) as well.
4BT is also never a junkyard since it's a C U M M I E S

I understand that they rape you in Canada for ins, but it would be like $30 or 40 for el cheapo here in the states.

I dont pay to insure drivers. I pay to insure cars. It would almost double it. Only money I would save would be because it would be "recreational use only" No.

sell it to me for $3k and i'll engine swap it then

Im still probably gonna fix it.

Just not with a shitty junkyard engine so I can buy a second card I dont need and cant afford to insure.

What the absolute heck dude. If you're going to drive long distances, the fuel you save by doing a diesel swap (with a non junkyard engine) will be super worth it for the Ranger. There is no raisin for you not to do a diesel swap.

Otherwise, get the 2.3 lima.

>managed to kill a Ranger in like 100k miles
Literally how.