/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-desktop-mini-pc-(energy-star)-p-y4e55ut-aba--1
github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/0e5c14662fff48c3e67c543679ce653d720fcde0
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/titan-xp/
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216535
libretro.com/index.php/cores-progress-report-catering-to-high-end-desktops-dolphin-libretro-core-and-others-now-supports-resolutions-of-8k-and-up/
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/ecm_tools/36839
twitter.com/endrift/status/887762371875225600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SP must pay for his crime

Would this PC be fast enough to emulate PS2 or GameCube games?
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-desktop-mini-pc-(energy-star)-p-y4e55ut-aba--1

he's a hard worker

github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/0e5c14662fff48c3e67c543679ce653d720fcde0

>AMD Radeon R7
Yeah but WHICH? It can be the difference between a gaming GPU and shit.
You are better off custom making a PC, this seems too much like a coin toss, especially given how wildly emulated games SPECS can differ, especially from PCSX2 and Dolphin, like say, right now I can play most high end games fine, but I had to underclock the PS2 to play Ape Escape 3. And it still has frequent dips.

>Meryl was originally going to be much younger. Her appearance was going to be based on Natalie Portman's Mathilda character from Léon: The Professional.
Funny.

I'm trying to emulate Saga Frontier 2 and it's going fine apart from the weird artifacting you can see on the fifth guy in the line. I'm not used to the customisation of Mednafen, so I was wondering if there are any options that could get rid of this?

Also I'm just testing the Widescreen hack, the artifacts were there in original aspect ratio too.

I had no artifacts in ePSXe. Try that one.

>breaking news
22:56 and BTW - after 7+ years of being exploited
22:56 we will no longer deny ourselves money
22:56 I’ve had enough

00:11 and I am running this on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP

>$1000 monthly patreon, Titan XP and SP feels exploited.

>XP
fuck off

Who's in charge of the wiki? I'd like to discuss the idea of implementing a mobile view.

>AMD PRO A12-9800E APU

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/titan-xp/
Fuck off, (You) retard.

What do you call it when every whippersnapper and his dog is reselling dozens of copies of RA for years when you get none?

And you have a bunch of NEET nerds in here flaunting this and pretending like it's a good thing?

You are one delusional fuck.

calm down, daniel

Is open source Model 2 emulation doomed?

hey I made a little comparison image

Calm down pajeet. And stop being salty.

Yes. And Nebula Model 2's frontend is garbage, so it could have benefited from source being available.

There's also still some rendering bugs in Nebula M2 which never got fixed. It's still slightly less broken than Viva Nonno is now but in time it will get there because it's unmaintained and abandoned. Shitty closed-source devs at it again.

It's not Daniel but some impostor. Daniel works in Fortune 500 company (and deleted his linkedin profile only to be humble) between 8 and 16 and would never post here 50 times a day, writing about himself in third person, like some retard.

Anyone knows a solution for choppy/crackling audio on PSX emulation? i've tried PCSX and EPSXE with Castlevania sotn and i can't get good audio for shit.

Talking about him should be a bannable offense. Take this bullshit back to IRC where it belongs.

Sage

use Mednafen

Did anyone else see a massive slowdown in the newest Citra bleeding edge build (a20ec73)? I went from 100% speed to less than 25% basically overnight in nearly every game.

Use Beetle PSX and RetroArch.

Use unofficial builds on the gbatemp thread, people have started making them again and there's a noticeable performance boost over BE.

Eternal SPU Plugin for PCSXR/epsxe, otherwise use Mednafen.

Check the source code, there is not a single line different from the Bleeding Edge builds, they're only compiled with other program. PS: the guy making unofficial builds is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC

emulating nocturne over here. is it normal to have to hold R2 to move around? otherwise the camera just zoomz in the MCs head and i can't move

>there is not a single line different from the Bleeding Edge builds
So BE has 3D, cheats, tick changed, cia loader, fernando's improvements?
>they're only compiled with other program
Which improves speed.
>the guy making unofficial builds
There's more than 1.
>is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC
Wow, there was a bug in a build once that was probably fixed within a day, the terror.

>So BE has 3D, cheats, tick changed, cia loader, fernando's improvements?
No one uses 3D and is broken for a lot's of games, you can use cheats using Cheat Engine (it's even more useful now than the original code, as it's incomplete, but will be finished by the creator soon), you don't know what a tick is, cia loader is meaningless as you can convert ROMs and most people use .3DS anyway, the only meaningful code from Fernando that could improve the performance doesn't work.
>Which improves speed.
If you compile it yourself, can be even faster, but hey, keep on trusting code that you don't understand from people that don't know how to code, really wise
>There's more than 1
The only one that still think he knows shit is the one responsible for sharing the bad code
>Wow, there was a bug in a build once that was probably fixed within a day, the terror.
It's was not a bug, it was intentional, how new are you?

>>not a single line different
>Wrong
>>b-but

>you can use cheats using Cheat Engine
Yeah, that's convenient.
>you don't know what a tick is
And I guess you don't know that the change makes FMVs actually watchable. inb4: you can just watch those on youtube.
>cia loader is meaningless
It's not.
>Fernando that could improve the performance doesn't work
Yes it does, there's a small boost in GPU heavy games (KH3D).
>If you compile it yourself
Just stop.
>The only one that still think he knows shit
There's 2 people making builds.
>It's was not a bug, it was intentional
Sure. And has it happened in any recent builds?
>keep on trusting code that you don't understand from people that don't know how to code, really wise
And keep on trying to spread your FUD.

Any way to map more than one button to desmume? Like I want to use both the d-pad and analog sticks to the up,down,left, and right buttons.

Don't think you can in Desmume. Use an external program like Autohotkey.

Fact: the only one trusting those builds is too stupid to understand the code. But hey, keep on using them, you deserve it

>But hey, keep on using them, you deserve it
You right, I do deserve better speeds and more features, thanks.

I get what it's trying to do, and it works, but I prefer the clean dithering on the left.

SP must die for his crime. RA must be forked and given to the people. No longer will we suffer the abuse at the hands of the monster that is SP.
I ask brothers that we march and take his head for we are the only ones that can kill him.
For it is written that if one gets a ps4 and a tv from funds knowingly stolen from the hands of a hard working /emugen/ donator he must be punished. And punished he will be for our lord commands his head.

Stop complaining about SP.

Damn, RPCS3 is making good progress. I'm able to get 10-15 FPS in town and 20-28 in dungeons. Battles are almost full speed. This is on an old ass OC 2500k. If they keep this pace up, it could be full speed on the modern higher end CPUs by the end of the year.

He must pay for his crimes against us first.

Gliden64 is a badly programmed piece of shit. Go beyond 1080p and see unacceptable frame drops and performance happen.

When a game runs at 133fps at 1440p whereas Dolphin and/or a Dreamcast emu has nearly four times the performance, you know you are dealing with an unoptimized piece of shit codebase.

But then that's understandable since Gonetz didn't even make this, the GLN64 author did and he just added a bunch of hacks to it.

So much for this 'savior' of emulation, a poorly performing piece of crap that manages to have glitches Glide64 has, while it fixes some issues that Glide64 has. A mixed bag.

>Welcome to emulation, where copyright is fast and loose. So long as the issue is resolved after being raised, I see no issue.
Logan is already aware of what he did and just doesn't care. Typical scumbag if you ask me. Although I'm sure the other mupen64p people will do the right thing if brought to their attention. Still sad that they just accept Logan's pull requests without making sure..

This scene is just wonderful and will overlook what some individuals do, while attacking others for any small mistakes/flaws.

>non-integer nearest

FUCK YOU

I wish Xenia progress was this fast.

LOL this is unacceptable. 8K Gliden64 runs at 26fps in Mario 64.

A goddamn Dreamcast/Gamecube emulator renders at 8K at over 250 to 300fps. Gonetz/JamMan23, before you say even one more word in an effort to self-brag, please fix your own back yard Kthnx. This is an embarrassing shitshow performance-wise.

44 posts and he made only 6-7. Not even quarter.

Stop complaining about emulator performance.

You are just jealous because no other emulator in the world can do 10880x8160

Gonetz must pay for his crimes first. A fucking $650 random cashgrab and this fucking shit performs 2 to 4x slower than a Dreamcast/Gamecube emulator, fuck outta here with this amateur GL bullshit.

That's on top of the $2000 Indiegogo he already got. Whatever happened to 'best performing, most accurate' N64 renderer? This thing runs like dogshit, sure it renders some games better than Glide64, but there are also many others where it has glitches where Glide64 doesn't, and overall, it's a mixed bag.

Should have written a new renderer completely from scratch instead of basing it on an old and obsolete GL codebase like GLN64. This is like duct-taping an old Mini Cooper and pretending it runs like a Ferrari.

Stop complaining about devs making money.

Well there was the arbitrary IR builds of Dolphin that went all the way up to 99x iirc

>This is like duct-taping an old Mini Cooper
You don't know the horrors some people are capable of, someone could perfectly duct tape a stupid engine in a mini cooper an have it destroy ferraris.

>That's on top of the $2000 Indiegogo he already got.
Didn't he get $8000 for his first campaign?

>Should have written a new renderer completely from scratch instead of basing it on an old and obsolete GL codebase like GLN64.
The problem is that this scene has a hive-mind mentality and think writing from scratch is never the right way to go. There's also the fact that a lot of devs in general (not just emudevs), like to write as little code as possible.

>fuck outta here with this amateur GL bullshit.
The irony is that they are blaming the performance on either drivers or "muh accuracy" LOL. They don't realise that glN64 was slower and less accurate than Glide64. top kek.

At this point, these shills will justify anything Gonetz does because he's the alleged savior of N64 emulation and they have no clue about anything anyway..

When they run a campaign based on claims to the tune of 'most accurate, fastest N64 renderer ever!', and then this shit runs 4 times worse than a Gamecube emulator, nobody is allowed to say shit, and we should let a couple of Gonetz cheerleaders continue this 'meme' this is some great achievement for mankind? Nah, it's a shitty hodgepodge of GLN64 where they have overburdened it with hacks to the point where it now runs far worse than any other GL renderer to it.

I'm sorry but these bottlenecks tell the full story. If your fucking shit can't run at 8K over 25fps on a Titan XP, your programming is shit, and you need to go back to the drawing board, end of story. You can dress that up however you want, but all i see are pathetic excuses.

This is the single worst renderer so far with the single worst framerate so far. Nothing, not even Parallel RDP, not Dolphin, not Reicast, not Beetle PSX, nothing had as low framerates as this so far.

nintendo and sony are gunna crack down on the seen when switch emulators get made to play ps4 stuff. you think its so great to piracy but how do they make money then? You are all bad and all that illegal information will make the software illegal and after you go to jail we'll see how much fun you have when all you can play is hide the salamis with your precious tranny devs.

Actually I don't even disagree with you, I think for that reason Switch and PS4 emulation should really not be touched until at least 5/6 years later.

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216535

you're almost as retarded as I'm pretending to be. you should castrate yourself you fucking coward.

Yeah it was $8K, sorry. There you go. Nearly $2K or more has been dropped on these guys, and these are the results.

25fps at 8K.

libretro.com/index.php/cores-progress-report-catering-to-high-end-desktops-dolphin-libretro-core-and-others-now-supports-resolutions-of-8k-and-up/

See how that shit stacks up compared to any other emulator, emulating GPUs that are like 5 to 10x as advanced as the N64's.

And this didn't even include the Reicast benchmarks BTW.

This is shitty GL programming, plain and simple.

How are you managing to speak around the corporate dicks you're gargling?

That's quite a feat, Anons.

You will be singing a very different tune when the same thing happens to this 'scene' as what happened with that recent 'PS4 SDK leak'. This is one battle you don't want to wage.

Haha, very good imitation
I give you 8/10 because it lacks some conspiracy theories

Sorry, but it is true, Gliden64 sucks ass and is the single worst performing emulator renderer out there right now.

It's 25fps at 8K. That is beyond pathetic. That makes it up to 7x as slow as Dolphin, and up to 12x as slow as Reicast.

You go ahead and rationalize that shit, go on, I'll wait. We are not talking Parallel RDP-like compute emulation here, we are talking a bogstandard HLE renderer. The whole point of HLE is to make shit run fast, not SLOW.

The Corporate must be fought on every front and by any means necessary. Even extra-legally.

can i emulate dreamcast to play giga wing 2?

I believe this was playable on most emulators for some time

Please continue, that's very good, really.

'rationalize that shit ' haha, awesome!

You can even emulate the better dreamcast shooters like Border Down!

>switch emulators get made to play ps4 stuff
I hope this is a typo. If not, kill yourself.

>The whole point of HLE is to make shit run fast, not SLOW.
It's refreshing to know I'm not the only one who thinks this. The HLE renderer still has bugs derived from improper implementation of HLE, yet the performance is still slower than z64gl in some cases.

>It's 25fps at 8K.
To be fair, I wonder if the performance issue has to do with VRAM -> copying. By default, it uses Async for copying the framebuffer. Emulators like dolphin use framebuffer notification instead, if I understand correctly. I'm not really excusing the piss poor performance, but I wonder what the performance is like on Titan XP at 8k, when you turn off async and put it on none.

>This is shitty GL programming, plain and simple.
I agree. Sometimes I find it embarrassing when comparing other emulators to N64 emulators. I'm not one of those Dolphin worshipers either, cause they have their own fair share of flaws.

Anyway, I think SP should team up with those who are unsatisfied with GLideN64 and make N64 emulation great again. Do you think SP would be interested in working on a new hardware renderer? I'm not kidding, I think there's a good chance of something good happening if SP, mudlord, and other unsatisfied devs team up and work on a new renderer.

>SP, mudlord and vgturtle

The Dream Team

>they're only compiled with other program
No, they're compiled for different instruction sets.

>is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC
That's fucking JayFoxRox's "fault".
He wanted to give a lesson to people like drwhojan who kept compiling stuff back then without even checking and removed the code that was causing it once he got a good laugh.
After that, it never happened again.

How do I open and play this ps1 game? I have 3 files .ccd .img.ecm and .sub
I'm using xebra and it reads none of them

Download unecm and use it on the .ecm file. Then mount the .img file with virtual clonedrive.

Download ecm_tools, then drag the .img.ecm file and drop it inside "unecm".
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/ecm_tools/36839

Also, use redump instead of emuparashite.

It seems MSAA makes it dogslow. Whether it's set at 2x or 4x, it turns it into 25fps. If you set it to off, you get 100fps. Still pathetically low compared to any other renderer out there, Reicast easily pushes 280/300fps at that resolution while Dolphin does 193fps, but not as earth-shatteringly bad as before.

Anyway, what's the point of that MSAA setting if setting it even at 2x brings a Titan XP to its knees? Still pisspoor programming. You can bump MSAA in Dolphin all the way up and not get these crippling speeds.

dude, just stfu. you're clearly in need of meds.

BTW, the original RDP had 8x MSAA (according to TinyTiger who studied the RDP rasterizer).

Can someone please explain the intracacies of emulating MAME on RetroPie? I get that I have to use different emulators for different versions, but how do I know what is what?

Anyone here can give me Arm7.bin Arm9.bin and firmware.bin for MelonDS v0.4?
I want to try Local Multiplayer

>dude, just stfu. you're clearly in need of meds.
he's not wrong

>It seems MSAA makes it dogslow.
I see. So it's not just framebuffer emulation that's awfully slow..

>Still pathetically low compared to any other renderer out there
Yup. When an LLE renderer like z64gl is beating it in performance, something's very wrong...

Not even zilmar is willing to touch that codebase. Despite donating $500 to the first campaign. It goes to show that it did not live up to the hype.

What performance is Glide64 getting at 8k res?

They're in the retroarch bios pack on the wiki.

twitter.com/endrift/status/887762371875225600

The GBA was emulated very early in it's lifecycle and still sold like hotcakes

>he actually cares about nintendo
top kek

that MAN is going to have many years of shame to look back upon if HE doesn't kill himself.
I suppose it's better than not having mgba though.

I remember playing metroid days before its official release on a gba emu. The Wii U was a failure long before piracy became easy. People need to shut the hell up about piracy killing systems.

how well does the desmume retroarch core run on android?
i'm too jewish to spend money on drastic and likely too dumb to figure out how to root my phone without losing stuff

He will never know any shame. He's basically byuu 2.0. At least we're getting mgba and (maybe) DS emulation out of it all.

Further proof "piracy" is an executive scapegoat.

GL renderer will be added in the near future. For now it's software renderer only.

so it's probably gonna run like ass right now, i take it
i assume something like the gen 2 remakes won't run too well eh

i meant the gen 2 pokeyman remakes whoops

Better off just building a HTPC with an intel cpu

Why would you need to root your phone?

Where is the save folder in Melon DS v0.4?

there's a "free" version of drastic floating around which requires a rooted phone to work
as my phone isn't rooted i unfortunately can't make use of it and have to make do with retroarch cores

What's the difference between the Windows and Windows msvc2010 builds of RetroArch?

the regular one is built with mingw instead of visual studio