/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. -A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432
[Jun 27] The SDK was leaked.

>Wii U
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint. Setting your DNS to 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020 blocks the update.
-It also features a currently unused message about Miiverse being shut down.

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/i-have-a-question-to-5-5-2-update.477983/#post-7457785
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

Why does the Wii link keep getting removed?

So I'm on 5.5.1

How do I install haxchi?

read the op

>full translation got done on DQMTW
>a inferrior piece of OLD shit
>instead of doing work on Joker 3/Professional
Fucking mad about this

I was mad hype for that game when it was coming out and playing the patch made my realize the game sucks. Really boring world design. Random floors worked on gbc but not on 3ds.

But doesn't the system say "ready to update" or some shit like that once you check your version?
I think it pre-loads the update the moment you go online.

It won't let me into the eshop using that method

Exaclty my issue. Its a whole waste of translation time on a old piece of shit. Joker 3 Professional is better than that shit and is not even being touched. Same happened to joker 2 Professional. Fuck damn it.
And i dont have the patience to learn a 3rd language

new wii u exploit fucking when

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

use nnupatcher

>not returning the pizza to costco for their lifetime warranty policy

Should I update my Switch to play Splatoon 2 or should I keep waiting. I'm on v2.0 btw

Depends, you wont get cfw and free games until 2020 or so but you'll most likely need an old firmware for that so it's your call.
>splatoon 2
Oh nevermind, do not update, it's not worth it.

Is it safe to update my 3ds to the latest firmware? It's hacked with freeshop and luma I think. Just wanna be sure the newest update doesn't fuck anything.

Psst.
Hey kid.
Yeah you.
Come closer...
Let me show you something. Cool game, right? Show me what you're playing, /hbg/.

>should I update my console to play the only game it has

what a difficult decision

if you have a9lh or b9s you can update

is this nds-bootstrap?

>2006
okay, grandpa

Ahahahaha no. R4
Tell grandpa what games you playing you little shit

Just guessing, I heard ZX is one of the few games to work well.

hidden 3ds gem that /hbg/ wouldn't know about

Still baffles me how i can do the naked savage deviljho dlc quest in 3u but i can't beat a fucking mario game.

What mario is that? haven't played one since Sunshine

Just recently brought a hacked PSTV from somebody, is it possible for me to sign into PSN without updating it? I assume I can't update it.

3d land, it's pretty good and imo has one of the best ost in the series, the level i can't beat is the one you get by unlocking absolutely everything in the game, not dying more than five times on any level, not using p wings nor special leaves, beating all the levels with both mario and luigi and then beating last bowser like 6 times, thus unlocking the 5 glowing stars on your profile and with it the bullshit 8-crown level.

Because it's not even last gen and there is so little use for it day to day. Obviously we could cram multiple links in there if it's some kind of contest to see how many rare use cases we can cover. Let's add a Wii news section too, why not? Because realistically there's nothing to support that. Let's keep it a bit focused on actively developing scenes.

>tfw brother updates Switch to play Splatoon 2

I don't know, I'm new here and I see it keeps getting removed I was worried there was something wrong with it. DSi is also last gen and it's there too and I don't see anything wrong with any of this...

I'm cleaning this dirty as shit Xbox hueg controller I got in a bundle.

already TSOP'd it. not sure what to play on it, maybe some OutRun or Voodoo Vince.

all in all it was a fun little project. bridging the points scared me shitless, though.

We did have a Wii section in the news when something happened, indeed. It doesn't have a section in safe firmwares because you can mod any of them really. PS3 is the same gen and we have it, because it's useful info. If anything, I think we need a PS3 guide along with the Wii one.

it's called common sense. the DSi news is huge and worthy of a spot in the news section.

if Letterbomb was released today for example, it'd probably be up there. but you can easily find any and all information regarding the Wii with a Google search.

what ended up happening to it

>the DSi news is huge
hahhaha

It's still being developed and almost never runs well

/everyone/ needs a PS3 guide. most of the info on it is outdated and scattered around, not to mention all the dead links- something as simple as QA-enabled 9.99 firmware for downgrade to 3.55 can be a pain to find.

plus all the chips, revisions, etc.

>It's still being developed and almost never runs well
Ah that's unfortunate. I just want to play legend of kage on my 3ds. I guess I should get a flash cart

Well, you could try and see how it runs first since it's free, just don't count on it too much.

I want to play MHG online but it says it needs to update the console. Is there a fix for this ?

Yes, you can.
Launch HENkaku and you can sign in.

it kinda is. we just don't know if it's ever going anywhere.

it probably won't because of flashcarts, though. kinda like the bootstrap.

you probably should. there are lots of DS games you might wanna play in the future, and a flashcart trivializes the process.

>implying spla2oon isn't worth being updated for

There are wii questions in every thread, just put it in the OP. Why are people so autistic about this?

DSi continues to see some reverse compatibility. The relevance persists. Moreover, it surprisingly got some real news.

In whole, we've had as many or more Xbox and PS3 questions. And yet. We had a pastebin for varied retro consoles, but it was so shit someone else cobwebbed it. Honestly, add it to the wiki if it you really think Google isn't enough for systems with long finalized hacking situations.

Hope someone can help me with this.

I have a wiiu with a region set to be other than usa and my brother made a nnid account with that setting. Now I'd like to install haxchi but for it I need to enter the eshop and I got my hands on a prepaid usa card, which says it can only be used with usa nnid accounts.
Because of the above, I went to change the region of my wiiu but in doing so it warned me something like not being able to access online gaming and eshop if I did so. I'm assuming it meant for the nnid, am I correct? If so, then I will be able to access the eshop, create an account and buy the game using the prepaid card. But then, after I install haxchi, would that make that nnid account unusable? If possible I'd like to save it because of the progress my brother has on it in online gaming, since he seem to care about it, but we are willing to sacrifice it if there is no way to recover it if it means we can install haxchi.

>>In whole, we've had as many or more Xbox and PS3 questions.
lol no

Is there a compatibility list for Yabause Wii? Or is compatibility so low that there's no point ?

>In whole, we've had as many or more Xbox and PS3 questions.
No, we didn't.

>And yet.
Because nobody cares about non-Nintendo consoles anymore. Even the Vita struggled to get something, and most of the discussion about it was mostly calling TheFlow and Yifan names. Meanwhile the 3DS has actual discussion on top of the dev drama.

Where do I launch it, is it suppose to be on the home screen?

I did install the latest version of it I think

Someone suggested a way to get Haxchi on 5.5.2 without using the browser exploit.

gbatemp.net/threads/i-have-a-question-to-5-5-2-update.477983/#post-7457785

Thoughts? Until now, it can't be tested since the guy said we need a tool for progress.

>nobody cares about non-Nintendo consoles anymore

this isn't nintendogaf you fuck. the Vita wasn't part of /hbg/ until recently because, when advancements were being made, this was /gwg/ instead and /vitagen/ didn't care for it. plus, emulators and PSP games weren't big news.

In surprised every time I see them, but for all of the above it's perfectly possible to go a week or more with no mention.

just put it on the OP, we get Wii questions from time to time, doesn't matter if it is last gen

Wait nevermind, it's just on there automatically

the shitty wiki doesn't even link to that guide
just to some exploits, the guide linked on the OP had tons of information about homebrew and loading methods

Why are you ignoring the rest of the post? We did have some Vita stuff when it was relevant. But it was next to nothing from a discussion standpoint. Once the few games some people cared about got dumped it ended.

play Panzer Dragoon Orta, great game

it's a very low compability, don't even bother
saturn is too hard to emulate properly even on PC

yes, and now it's /vita tech support general/, same as with the 3DS.

this is how /hbg/ functions.

I know. The 3DS is still way more popular than the Vita, for obvious reasons: nobody cares.

Anyone has the invite to the obscure discord? Zel? Ginger?

getting this error when trying to update through luma updater. on a9lh

what am i doing wrong?

Odd question but how hard would it be to put Wild Arms's PS1 soundtrack into the PS2 remake, Alter Code F?

Open it up and check what format the audio files are in.

Stop posting.

>domino's is trash
>but little caesars isn't also trash
>and neither is costco pizza
shit tier tastes in this thread

a lot of people care about the Vita, user. we get more than just a couple questions a day.

I'd say nobody cares about the X360 but just yesterday I think somebody was asking about it.

so there, fuck you.

Yeah ok, keep ignoring what I say for no reason.

I'm not, and I just proved you wrong.

Yes it's a wiki so you can add it if you really want

kek

Little caesars is cheap. Dominoes is trash.
It's about cost to quality.
You know what you are getting into with a $5 pizza.

Little Caesars isn't even worth $5.

>what am i doing wrong?
you're being a dumb redditor

So I'm reading the PS3 page on the Homebrew General wiki and since it was a PS3 Slim I had to check the model number & etc. The model number was CECH-25XXX with a datecode of 1A so I had to use the one thing to check the lowest firmware version it can go to. My question is the wiki says if it says 3.50 it's good and if it doesn't that means it can't be downgraded, does that mean anything else in general is bad or anything above 3.50 is bad and ones below 3.50 are good? I ask since my PS3 said 3.40. Sorry if this is a very dumb question by the way.

anything about 3.55 is bad (except 3.56, which may work). Anything below 3.55, including 3.40, will work just fine.

Update to 3.55 and then install Rebug CFW

anything up to (and including) 3.55 is good to go. 3.40 for example is a hackable model.

do you have to downgrade to it? or are you sitting on 3.40? if it's the latter, then do what said.

It has to be downgraded.

I've been sitting on 11.2. Should I update to 11.5? Have CFW btw. asking cause I recall 11.4 fucking up GBA VC and other shit

>11.4 fucking up GBA VC
Literally news to me because I never experienced issues with it.

Overall 11.5 doesn't break anything. So if you want the convenience of going online without extra steps it's safe.

Luma 7.0 broke GBA and shit
7.05 fixed it

I have no idea how to downgrade by the way, is ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766 a good guide on it?

No.

that guide is good, yeah. just keep in mind that it's more involved than how most consoles are softmodded, and it does require disassembling your ps3 and buying extra hardware to flash it with.

>the final level
I spent a good three hours on that. Frustrating as hell, but super satisfying when you finally beat it.

Good luck.

Alright then, thank you all for all the help.

I updated to b9s a while ago, now some things that used to work for me aren't anymore with input redirection and NTR. How do I go back to a9lh/luma 7.1?

Stupid question, but I can't find any up to date information. Is there a 3DS utility I can install to bypass/spoof firmware checks for online games without updating? On 11.3.

>launch homebrew loader
>see this
Wat do

use 11.2 on a9lh

>2011
>trying to install cobra ODE on my PS3 with zero soldering experience
>become lennie from of mice and men and fucking melt everything in one fell swoop

haven't tried a hard mod since
any good intro to soldering guides out there?

I'm on a9lh

but I updated. Am I fucked?

Learning by doing.
Get some old PCBs that are already busted and remove the components and solder them on. Rinse and repeat until you're a God at soldering.

why would you use an ODE

just update, there's no need for any of that anymore. there should be a 3dsx one that supposedly works but nobody uses it and I forgot its name

ITS TIME TO STOP, you FUCKTARD!