How much off MSRP were you guys able to get off your new cars?

How much off MSRP were you guys able to get off your new cars?

inb4 everyone on Veeky Forums has super hook ups and gets crazy amounts off MSRP

>Buy used
>Get 50% off MSRP or more

Jesus that was hard negotiation...

Don't buy a fucking new car.
1.) Huge depreciation
2.) Other people will be the ones to wreck your car

Save yourself the money and hassle, buy a used car that has already depreciated, and already has a little nick or scratch here and there so that you won't feel bad when you see another one show up.

Voice of reason

Bought a Jeep Wrangler brand new back in 2014
>Holds value better then 90% of vehicles being sold
>Got it at employee pricing plus 3x what my trade in value was worth cause sales manager knew my dad well before he passed
>win

I mean, I've never owned a new car. I got my Challenger from a used lot after it was sold by the first owner for 14k off the brand new price, though. It had less than 8k miles on it, 5.7 Hemi, and it's an auto (which actually increases the cost).

However, my wife bought her RAM brand new. She worked for a company that got black book pricing and walked away with a very well optioned truck for 11k lower than their price. Thing was a showroom model with all the fancy shit.

>Jeep
>Holds value
I mean sure but when you spend half the amount you paid in repairs that added value won't mean shit...

>holds value
More like "In a jeep-owner's mind it holds value".
Retarded fucks like you try and sell your 2001 Jeep Wrangler with a rusted out chassis and missing fender at 2018 dealer-price on craigslist.
Eat the shit out of asshole, you fag.

Doesn't that apply to a lot of cars though,
>buy this piece of shit skyrine for $30,000 goy! you are getting a piece of godzirra~!

There are vehicles which are notorious for that mindset. The list is by no means complete:
>Jeep Wranglers
>Subaru WRX STIs
>Mitsubishi Lancer Evos
>BMW M3s
>...

>Holds value better then 90% of vehicles being sold
So you just loose lot a money instead of loose a huge fucking lot of money.

Nice !

After looking around at new vs used prices, 99% of people should buy a car that's at least a year old. The first year of depreciation is the worst ripoff ever, and you should only buy a new car if you are drowning in money. If you need to drive the newest model as soon as possible, just get a 3 year lease. For most people it's not worth it to own the car and lose 30% of the car's value within a year.

>I just payed 30k for a new car that will do the same job as a 3k civic
>I really stuck it to that car salesman didn't I Veeky Forums?
>I really baked his noodle with my negotiating skills!

Some people actually like cars and have money for them. The difference is not getting totally ripped off for the amount of enjoyment you get out of it. Will an 80K car bring you twice as much entertainment as a 40K car? What about a 10K car vs a 7K car? Can you afford the difference and will it really matter to you over the years of ownership? Not everything is valued the same by everyone.

tbf you wouldn't post in a thread like this if you just made a normal purchase.

20%

>buying new cars
>buying new cars and still caring about price

time for (you) to leave

Man these things are so rare to see out in the streets
The first one I ever saw was at a supermarket parking lot a couple days ago and I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a Malibu or Cruze

I never bought a new car but my parents got 7k€ off a new Jeep Renegade and 5k€ off a new Hyundai i20

>buy new

I buy all my cars used, as they just come off their lease.

I get a 2 to 3 year old car that has been well cared for and moderate miles. That has had someone else eat all the depreciation. I pay in cash too, so i don't pay interest.

There's just under 13000 of them across all 4 model years, they're pretty rare.

I think the one I saw was driven by an older asian dude. I'm guessing he wanted a fast car but his wife wouldn't let him get a 2 door sports car

Retard.

I wanted a 4runner. MSRP new is around 40k, can be had for 36k. They hold their value such that 2-3 year old examples with 30k miles still costs $30k+. The cost to "buy used" and finance, even at 1.5%, is $519/month.

Meanwhile i can lease a brand new 2018 4runner for $349/month. In 3 years when it has 36k miles on it, i can buy it for 26k - which is way less than i could ever buy a 3 year old 4runner for today. So basically i get to drive a brand new car with a monthly payment about what you pay for your shitbox, and in 3 years i get a deal on a used car i know i treated right.