How delicious will the car journalist tears be when gm announces the next front engined corvette?

How delicious will the car journalist tears be when gm announces the next front engined corvette?

>4-wheel drive mid-engine V8
How were they ever going to accomplish this? i could see them doing it now with a hybrid system as virtually any car could be AWD easily with electric motors these days but in the 90s? fuck what were they going to use? the 4x4 system from the GMC Typhoon? if i had originally saw that magazine cover when it first came out i would've had one of those 2-3 hour lasting erections.

They said the same thing in 1970

kek

Granted, Americans don't have much experience with mid-engine layouts, but they liked the Fiero, didn't they?
It kinda sucked, but still.

supposedly it sucked because gm cant let anything beat it's babbie corvette
they're fucking retards and shouldn't've gotten bailed out

It only sucked because Pontiac had to intentionally make it suck (parts-bin suspension, Iron Duke engine as the only option, etc) so they could slip it past GM's corporate looky-loos as a "small mid-engine economy car." They made it much better over the next couple years, and then as said, GM realized that by '88 Pontiac was making a serious competitor to the 'vette and so away i went.

Yeah, it would've been a ballsy decision to cannibalize one product's market share with another's.
They're no Apple, as has been amply demonstrated, and also deserved no bailout.

>Granted, Americans don't have much experience with mid-engine layouts
They made some of the best the few times they tried

Ford GT needs no introduction (the one with the right engine of course)

I can't wait, the butthurt would be delicious

the fact that the new zr1 isn't street legal is fantastic, this would be the cherry ontop

> (the one with the right engine of course)
so this one then

>in europe
they would've taxed it too much anyways

>mfw you learned something on Veeky Forums today
Holy shit automotive press with your decades of fake news.

Guess where the nurburgring is located

lol no

lol yes

nice class win aka not a win

The same way Audi/Lamborghini did it?

nice observation
the nurburgring isnt a street

There was a bunch of mid-engine AWD cars around that time. Multiple Group B homologation specials, EB110, Diablo VT

The Corvette Indy was an insane tech demonstrator that would have been ridiculously expensive to actually make. The thing had carbon fiber construction, active suspension, four wheel steering, fly by wire, a backup camera, all kinds of ridiculous shit.

>class win
the second gen couldn't even manage that

nice damage control, the zr1 isn't street legal, the record will be invalid

sperg more cuckold

>There was a bunch of mid-engine AWD cars around that time
I know but i just didn't picture GM having access to that stuff. the Diablo for example used an Audi AWD system and i don't know about the EB110 (was that made during the VAG buyout?). Still should've produced it even if it bankrupted them right then and there and no one bought it lol.

Nurburgring is a public toll road

do you get paid for this?

However, the track's general conditions state that any form of racing, including speed record attempts, is forbidden.

>We never got the Indy or CERV III

But yeah if it ends up that mid engineed mule is a Caddy or something or just doesn't happen I'll laugh my ass off.

Has no one noticed that they completely glossed over the release of the F40 in favor of some Corvette speculation?

They probably got a handy from Bob Lutz for it.

>Motor trend is paid domestic shill
WOW HOW NEW

F40 is highly overrated anyway

They had a full cover for it in July you dumb shit.

might as well post the cover, it was july of the next year

Given the MR vette was going to be capable of 200mph, have all-wheel-drive and 4-wheel-steering (some versions of this vette were going to have 600 HP LT5 equipped engines) it would've been one of the most advanced cars in the world at the time. Who cares about that poorly built stripped out piece of shit from Enzo Douchini which would've looked extremely dated by comparison. my dick (and even if you hate corvettes your dick) would be hard with anything by that description. also would've personally through a brick through GM's HQ window for not producing it.

Might as well post the next month's cover while we're at it

just so you know, the 959 was already released and had all of those, so it seems like motortrend was just spouting out stuff that had already been accomplished and making it sound like chevrolet was answering to porsche...........just like journalists still do yet chevrolet releases the same old FR Corvette with an OHV motor and a leafspring in the rear and a rear mounted transmission and yada yada yada we'll never see an MR corvette

yes, I also get paid for posting BLACKED.COM images on /int/ and /pol/

did the 959 also have back up cameras and active suspension/carbon construction? the corvette was going to be doing all of this for less than 150k and given how radical the C4 ZR1 was (literally no one was actually expecting GM to go through with a DOHC corvette as they had never done it in the past let alone one of the best DOHC V8s ever to be put in a production car at the time achieving unheard of technical feats even today) People might've had more reason to believe maybe this time GM were going to 1-up themselves and make something even more revolutionary for the corvette name than the C4 ZR1 was.