/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Serph Saturday & Sunday Edition

New 3DS game is called "Strange Journey Redux/Deep Strange Journey" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

DDS love thread?
DDS love thread.

The divine girl fell.

more of this
MORE OF THIS

>look at her panties
>>dance on her

I can respect this. The edition, that is.

Amane is nopan.

Chaos hero is fuckin' nuts

Digital Devil Ludo

Is getting the ''will of'' skills in apoc worth it?

Estoma though

>nigga done fused with my Lilim

Fuck that guy.

Haha I got revenge on the guy that bullied me 30 years ago by the way Hero I'm leaving your ass cuz you can't handle my STR.
Fucking nerd.

What Persona 5 costumes should I get?

Yeah I pretty much went Law because the Law hero was much more of a bro and I didn't know how to game the alignment system into Neutral

>people shit on him on this site
>he's pretty cool even if he goes alignment retarded and ditches the team first

>going with your bro who got brainwashed by lawfaggots
>same guys who nuked and flodded tokyo
>your bro isn't even himself at this point

Raidou, Catherine and SMTIV look best imo. Although the Raidou one is really only good for Joker.

He had a sick ass theme though

>fused with my nekomata in 2 separate runs
gay

If...'s is the only one you need to be honest. The costumes and theme are the best, too bad the battles don't take long enough to hear all of it even on Hard.
Fuck no, Law Hero became a horrible asshole the moment he accepted to get mindfucked by whatever archangel offered him the choice. Chaos bro broke you out of prison and still considered you a friend even when you kill him in the Law/Neutral routes.

I think it's better to have Trisagion/Ice Age/Thunder Gods/Deadly Wind instead because smirking

Why call them both dicks when they're both Ok people in the end?

>more of this
I fuckin wish there was more.

Yeah, i asked beacuse i'm about to fuse Amaterasu and since she already has trisagion will of flame won't really be worth it right

>Fuck no, Law Hero became a horrible asshole the moment he accepted to get mindfucked by whatever archangel offered him the choice.
You're probably right but since I was always Law aligned I never experienced his asshole side. Either way I need to play the game again, it was actually really good all things considered and I never got the other endings

GODDAMIT WHY

*goes chaos route*

I mean Trisagion is the only fire spell worth to use

>brainwashed
>he played the inferior version and hasn't watched the visionary Items

Give me a rundown on the visionary items.

*look at her panties*

>Be chaosfags playing nocturne
>Mantra headquarters fighting tournament was cool
>Chiaki is a likeable character. A weak girls coming to terms with the world going to shit and trying to find the means to thrive in a world of STR
>Transformation is cool
>muh beauty, muh genocide
>Literally uses angels
>Ends up being law disguised as chaos

Hoy in hell, Lucifag

HEE

just like said
truly a ded series

This

Jesus christ that underboob.

Playing through Raidou right now and I have some questions:
Why did Raidou resort to murdering his little sister over such a petty argument? It seemed like such an out of character decision, and even more weird is that the plot point is abandoned as quickly as it came up in the first place.
Also, when is it established that he can talk with cats? The quest to locate Johnnie Walker, the cat killer who plans to make a flute out of cats' souls, in Nakano Ward was similarly out of the blue.

im too old to understand this, because in the context of megaten itself its dumb as dirt

What level should my party be for Belial in DeSu ?
With so many dialogues options and not many mandatory battles I cant get the grasp of what level I should be for an upcoming boss.

You can never be too old or young to call out bad quality memes.

and then she lost to the cock

idiot here, what's the meter in the top left corner in nocturne? it says [number]/8

also, is it normal to have to hold r2 to move around while emulating it?

That's moonphase meter. You'll get to give critical hit to enemies during full moon and basically grant you an extra turn.

camera controls are bad in nocturne, you have to use triggers to move it around or press circle to re center the camera. the number is the kagutsuchi phase which affects alot of stuff, on full kagutsuchi phase you can perform sacrifice fusion, the special chests give you good stuff and some demons can only be recruited during full phase

oh okay, thanks.

yeah i can control the camera okay but i can't move the MC unless i constantly hold R2 which is getting tiresome. maybe i screwed up something in the pad config.

hoy there

hoy

I'm not yet ready to kill tayama

"If you don't want to get your hands dirty, you're a pussy", said Tayama

Me in the middle.

I managed to find the uncensored ver. of that
Maya lewd posted last thread

where all my chaosbros at?

too stronk, they killed each other

such a shame he always dies, i felt real impact when he gets really nervous and tries to stop you in chaos path when you are about to press the button

HEY! YOU WITH THE PONYTAIL

THESE ARE DEMONS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE

H-H-HEY!! DON'T BLOW ME OFF KID

COME ON!! I'M BEGGING YOU

DON'T DO THIS!!!

so this place is deadass dead because someone pressed the remote

BOTHER ME AND YOU'LL BE ALL-I-CAN-BEAT!

What does /smtg/ think of Simplydad?

Any hopes of a pc port of smt v?

We don't even know if it's coming out on the PS4 yet.

Im on the DeSu mission where you have to stop the soldiers with comps from escaping but this one guy is so slippery, he just darted 8 squares past my Yuzu and Atsuro blockade, also everything having ENDURE doesnt help much.

Any advice ?

he always fuses with that particular demon every time i play this game

>based on her new design
into the trash it goes

Who?

you should ask peegee that instead

Ok I figured out how to take care of the soldiers but I got petri-locked by Abbadons that spawned afterwards and just kept attacking me from 3 spaces away.
What am I supposed to do with the portals ? Stand on top of them and kill the reimaining demons ? Because apparently you cant destroy them ...

How are the novels ?
I only saw that 2/3 books were uploaded, do you need to read all 3 books to get the story or can you only pass with the first 2 ?

I'm getting real tempted to just cheat all my characters to 99 with max stats in Eternal Punishment just so I can actually finish it and be done with it.

This has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played in my life, how do people play this game? At least Innocent Sin on the PSP was so pitifully easy that I could powerhouse through with the starting Personas while shitposting on /smtg/ or watching anime, in EP I actually have to play the game and it's so painfully slow and awful.

I'm still convinced P2fags are just being contrarian.

What or who the hell is that?

P2's gameplay is really garbage. On paper, it's just a regular turn based RPG but the gameplay itself is so repetitive and slow that it just comes out as complete garbage, Granted, people don't play P2 IS/EP for the gameplay anyway except for, of course, contrarians. Story, characters, music and atmosphere are the strong points of P2 IS/EP.

Why is Lucifer reading a letter addressed to Satan?

I don't know anything about the 3rd novel but the first 2 are great occult fiction schlock. They're very short so there is really no reason not to read them, but the first novel is especially worth it for how classic Megami Tensei it is.

SECONDARY SCUM made the comic probably.

Satan is just showing the letter to Lucifer I'd think. That or what said.

What was exactly the point of this quest?

Hassou Tobi or Kanuki Throw

stupid SMT IV question:

i've beaten ares, david, and the fugitive monkey. mido told me that they were unlocked for fusion, but i can't find them under special fusions nor in the whole compendium.

how is babby formed

Help me /smtg/ I'm getting kind of burned out of DeSu's combat, and am currently on day 3 on DeSu 2, should I just finish it or drop it and go play SMT I and II which i've felt like I should have ignored the starter guide since the beginning and just gone for?

ÿou need to get atleast one of the demons required for its fusion before it shows up on the list, just look it up online what demons you need

Finish what you start.

The combat is the only thing that should keep you going in DeSu 2. If you're really not enjoying it, just drop it, go play SMT I/II and then go back to DeSu 2.

Well, it's mostly because I just finished DeSu1 and am playing DeSu2 back to back.

Then you shouldn't have done that. Take a break from DeSu 2, go play SMT I and then try to get back to DeSu 2 at a later date. No point in forcing yourself to play something you're not enjoying.

okay, take david for instance:
>chagrin
>apsaras
>naga
i had both chagrin and apsaras once before. do i need to get all three, or do i need to have at least one with me?

I know that feel, also if you're gonna play SMT 1 and 2, don't do them back to back either, I made that mistake also, and I feel like it ruined alot of my enjoyment of SMT2.

Don't fucking die on me /smtg/.

post your best hoys to revive the thread