What's the best place to buy gold online? I am a US resident

What's the best place to buy gold online? I am a US resident.

I'm in a manic state and I've bought some bitcoin and ethereum and I'm also opening up a Roth IRA to invest in some stocks with. I have about 17-18k and wanna invest about 5k in BTC/ETH/GOLD and i'm going to max my ROTH IRA for the fiscal year w/ 5500.

I'm thinking 3k gold, $500 ETH, 1.5k in BTC. Then when it comes to buying stocks I'm lost. I don't know how to buy stocks with the Roth money but my friend says he does it. I have to wait until tomorrow for my bank to verify to open it up anyways.

Tldr; Suggestions for buying gold online and stocks to invest in

Buy the COIN etf on 13 March.

also what do you guys think about Silver?

So thats the Bitcoin stock that will be available if the thing passes?

I was also curious if that will be a good investment. It will be fresh so I don't see why not? Or is it smarter to wait a little while?

It's smarter to buy 28 gram breakable pieces instead of 1 solid ounce right?

Why don't you buy the gold etf and call it a day?

i honestly dont know what an ETF is

I'm new, I've done like 3 days of research mostly into bitcoin and ethereum

>5k
it's not worth the effort, invest 18k

I could but I like to keep some emergency money when my car breaks or some other shit

thoughts?

its a little more expensive to buy it with combibar but it's more convenient if the time comes to sell since it can be broken into 1g pieces

It's not smart to keep all your cash in one place

if that thing passes the apparent supply of bitcoin will multiple as people will be able to own future bitcoins without ever having them in their wallet for a second. obviously all coins will be sold multiple times.

if the prices go up or down nobody can tell for sure but it could prove catastrophic.

JMBullion is the best. I've bought from them many times. They are an excellent business.

I've bought from Verdtgold too. They're okay but those faggots forgot to put my $1200+ order in for over a week until I bitched at them. They're a fine company but after that experience, I can't really recommend them.

I know in the UK you can get 1 ounce Britania coins that aren't taxable as they are classed as legal currency.

There are probably US gold coins too.

most coins with a face value are except from gains tax

the US backs its bullion coins
Canada offers high purity
Brit have a long history
Aus/nuie/africa generally attract collectors but have premiums
I wouldnt touch Chinese memes like pandas but thats just me

Your risk to reward ratio increases with prolonged time.

Your /g/ autism is showing.

BUY AT YOUR LOCAL COIN SHOP IT WILL BE MUCH CHEAPER AND YOU GET TO CHECK OUT YOUR PURCHASE BEFORE YOU BUY!!!

Search for a local small scale refiner. You'll be able to get your bar(s) for spot price.

I cant sadly, i live in Germany right now for work even tho im Murrican

I mean I guess I could buy it but im not sure if theyd take a VAT form to reduce the price

Maybe when i take leave back to the states for a week in a couple months i will

Can u even take gold on a plane?

What's the consensus on gold? Is it a good way to counter inflation?

>Is it a good way to counter inflation?
no it's not really.
official inflation, somewhat.shadow inflation? nowhere near.
it's insurance that is how you look at it you can mitigate your losses in a financial shitstorm by holding gold but you pay for it like you pay for all insurance if nothing happens you lose money.

Thanks for the answer.
What about a mutual fund? Are those a good idea or am I asking to be scammed?

German retail bank fag here: In germany you dont pay VAT if you buy physical gold.

So they will match me the USD price or do you mothafuckas pay more here?

Everything is expensive here.

funds are fun and games if everything goes all right. you will not be able to retrieve your gold or the cash equivalent if something bad happens. makes no sense to hold an asset that only shines in shit times in a form that is unreliable in shit times.

etfs are not really yours, dont trust that meme

use goldmoney for gold, its a great fintech
comfiest and cheapest way to own PMs
its a really bad moment to jump on stocks, we're on the border of the next recession and the nightmare is going to be worse than a decade ago

You can buy fractional gold bullion coins (U.S. Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, South African Krugerrands, U.K. Britannias), which usually come in 1/10, 1/4, and 1/2 troy oz.

Holy shit you fucking spergs, just buy GLD

If the economy goes to the dogs and you're trying to hold your wealth after a (near)post-apocalyptic scenario, you're better off hoarding bullets than physical gold.

No shit. Walk up to a trading post in post-Apocalypse USA and whip out a gold bar to shave off a few specks to buy some sex slaves and they'll shoot you dead on sight and take all your gold.