/scg/edg/ Star Citizen + Elite Dangerous General#183: Milking The Goyim Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 will probably release around the time of Gamescom (Late August 2017).

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eddp.co/u/JoUNA7gp
youtube.com/watch?v=Ia8ZPfAlfOw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for scam citizen

*delays content for over a year*

>grabs your wallet
>lies into your face
>tickles sandy

also ded "game" ded thread

>has done more in alpha than eve in 15 years

SC doesn't have mining yet.

>walk on stations
>cockpits

>15 years

lol? I thought there was a first person flight mode

planet landings yet?

Its just point and click. eve is a 80's game. SC is modern. They even removed a small "captain's quarters" component where you could see the avatar. Even that was atrocious!

Come back in month.

i love and support this game but damn, ive been hearing that one month response for a while

To be fair, when they released the schedule, things did seem like they were coming along quicker until various things got predictable delayed.
Evocati was supposed to start 3-4 weeks ago originally, but the delays were communicated in the schedule.

Yeah so you can guess what I'm gonna tell you when you come back next month.

Botting in SC will be hell! Even with static roids I think it will be problematic.

Depends on how many people the ship can have, the npc's and how orders are issued.

If your toon can sit your ass in the captains chair of a orion and control everything by issuing orders then you can bot since most micro is done by the game AI itself.

The prospector will be a different matter though. I think it only carries one. Depends if roids are static and if theres a way to return to the same place for mining.

Ah yes. Botting cargo missions might work too.

FYI crysis has working multiplayer, with multiple enterable vehicles, working FPS mechanics etc etc.

obviously its been out for nearly 10 years and not in early access, it's functional and available for a reasonable price but don't let that put you off, you can still imagine what SC could be like when you play it.

Or I can just play 2.6.3 since SC has most of that shit already.

>he wants to live in space with his friends

I got the black skin presale version and upgraded it to the Recon variant? Did I fuck up?

I did exactly that. You are good my friend.

When a ship changes in price, does CIG exchange your goods/asks for the difference or does it maintain?

For example, will the people that got a cutlass see their package increase in value?

Yes, your ship is always worth the store value.

Depends on your definition of value. The CCU value goes up obviously, but you're not suddenly gonna get more store credits for melting it.

Is SC ded yet?

Never, and only will it die upon release. How will they maintain servers?

a e s t h e t i c

Anyone got invited to evo yet?

>hurr durr Elite is unplayable
>meanwhile I'm having fun
>meanwhile SC gets eternally delayed

Me :)

But user. No trial/free flight weekends/plex/token item.

It doesnt even exist!

ED is the most playable space sim to date

It's just not fun

So I've read in several different places that marked slaves can be turned into a li yong-rui control system if you're pledged to him for 5 merits each. But I'm finding that this isn't the case. I can't even turn them in at lembava.

Did this get removed and I can't find any information on it or what because I'm getting butthurt over here with a cargo hold full of slaves I spent too long acquiring.

Will 3.0 have different stats for combat suits?

>because theres literally nothing else since Freelancer

lel

It's the Indian, not Chinaman.

I guess I just have to accept that I'm going to have to jettison all these fuckers.

I don't know why there's two guides for getting li yong rui merits that list marked slaves as a piracy commodity and and no one ever fixed it or called bullshit. I guess it's just a ded gaem

Where do I go for PvP in E:D (besides Eravate or Sothis & Ceos)?

*refactors your ship*

CGs or look up the Galactic Combat Initiative

Wait, is it still possible to get in black or was that a pre-sale thing only? I haven't been following the project much these past few weeks but I saw this images and have been thinking of getting one...

*keeps the thread alive*

I suck at E:D I got a hotas,and it is hard.... any tips? Also What is the best vulture build without dlc,or is trading/passengers better than bounty hunting?

Pre-sale only. Also, don't bother unless you really want a land vehicle you can barely transport. It doesn't really have good value for its price point.

Passenger runs are good money makers. I mainly do massacre and bounty hunting missions though. Vulture's two main weaknesses are a very low boost speed (makes escaping difficult) and poor power management. There isn't really a best vulture build but I'd recommend a gimbled multicannon and gimbled beam if you can manage the power for it. If not a burst. The multi will be good for power plant sniping. Leaves ships dead in the water and shoot it enough the ship will blow up. Make sure you have A rated thrusters, distributor and power plant. You might be able to get away with B rated thrusters in the vulture.

General flight tips are to find an asteroid and practice using thrusters to maneuver around it. Thrust up and down to circle and use your main engines to maintain distance with FA off. Though with the vulture fighting larger ships you can often just fly around them so long as you stay in the blue zone of your speed.

Passengers are max comfy
eddp.co/u/JoUNA7gp
That's a good Vulture

what ship do I use for passenger?

Get a courier instead my man

ya I don't have a ship to transport it anyways, but I don't really care, it looks sweet and I don't have a ground vehicle.

Who knows, maybe with the Redeemer rework sometime in the next [decade] pic related will happen and I can ferry it along with me. If not, oh well.

We can keep it going!

but why

I made the last two threads and I don't see the point in limping this along if we can't get past 100 posts. if it's true 3.0 is going to evocati we'll bounce back then.

>old thread
>links a goon shitpost

I like talking about ED here because the official forums are full of drones and I fucking hate Reddit's stupid goddamn alien logo mascot

youtube.com/watch?v=Ia8ZPfAlfOw
>3.0 trailer
>half of it isn't even in 3.0

Where the 6 pack bangbus variant though?

dude, upboated.

the trailer wasn't even made by CIG so I hear, PCgamer made it to hype their next issue about 3.0

I am not going to reinstall the heaping trash pile that is E:D but I'm curious:

If I have an anaconda + 100m or so, is there still RNG bullshit to get weapons worth a damn?

Have they even added other meaningless things to do besides the BH, trading, and exploration?

Are there any exploits?

Exploration is the new meme and its not even an explot

You can get 600k from ONE detailed surface scan now

How soon till they patch it? I heard that they nerfed the fuck out of trading a few months back and instantly uninstalled.

This is an intentional change that they implemented only about a month ago
It's not like Sothis/Ceos where an edge case in the algorithms creates an unintentionally high payout

It's not going away any time soon

But I thought FDev was obsessed with eliminating all profits entirely and any sort of bump in revenue was quickly nerfed? Huh.

>obsessed with eliminating all profits entirely
They tried. You are only supposed to take 3 at a time, but there are plenty of ways around that. The higher payout was a consolation for the poor griefers who were being kept from their Corvettes.

Whatever your price range is. Usually passenger cabins size 4 and up are preferable. Type series, ASPX, and up make decent travelers. Good jump range is important.

What ever happened to that SC referral contest? I remember when it was announced some user was using google ads to btfo streamers. Did he win?

1mil - Cobra III
5 mil - Type-6 or Dolphin
20 mil - Asp X

"Leaked" screenshot from reddit. Not sure if its real or not.

Which $55 variant of the buggy is the best choice? Turret, radar or racing?

Radar or turret.

The turret would probably be useless. The radar model could be good for team play.

When does the LTI/concept sale end? I was thinking of picking one up after 3.0 releases

August 2nd.

Nevermind it was some rping faggot.

>pump out a $500 ship concept but it's limited time offer and you gotta act now

5 million bucks on a whim

also you know that part where servers are owned by the company who owns the game's engine, and theyre probably not gonna be so quick to shut down the only real game that will ever be made in lumberyard

can the ursa and greycat be melted down from the $110 package?

i dont need useless vehicles but i do have alot of ships that are useless

just want the turretted cyclone
>only a single size 1 gun
>literally worse than a bike in every way other than firing upward possibly
>still want it

Get the radar one fag.

You can't melt individual items in a package

>only a single size 1 gun

For perspective, 25mm auto cannons fit in that category, and it's iffy on if the bikes will have a spot for an ammo box

ok, good, my herald is safe

for now

ok, well for perspective in SC, 2 size 1 guns on a $35 bike that goes faster with a smaller silohuete is more useful than a slower jeep with a single size 1. energy weapons or otherwise. besides nobody is going to be able to effectively do anything with guns that arent badgers anyway

if they add some new mechanic for it that lets it carry like 3x more ammo if you mount a ballistic, maybe but they wont do that

When can we expect the real 3.0?

I mean when will all the things that were originally stated for 3.0 be in the game, instead of this gutted 3.0 thing they're pulling?

Next week

try next year

Yes

February 2018

Not until 3.2 (if they include MicroTech), which will probably come next year.

>giving a serious response
all you're going to get in return is a shitpost about how you're blindly optimistic to the point of denial and it's never happening, or something similar.

Literally this. Never respond to anyone who talks about how mad they are that 3.0 is gutted. They're probably just fishing for replies so they can shitpost.

Is there any penalty for being a dick to NPCs in Alliance space, as long as I don't die there?

It's not like having a bounty in the Alliance will affect me when I'm in Empire territory, right?

spess legs?

Wow, talk about insecure. I never claimed its not going to happen, I just want some fucking accountability. That and the game I paid for, that they said I would get.

It's not about insecurity, it's about experience. I've seen it happen a dozen times.

The fact is, if someone has invested in SC, there's a 99% chance they know about the schedule report. If they do, then they know it outlines when CIG expects to get things done. And if someone's been following this project for more than a week, they know what those dates really mean.

There's a very small possibility that the person asking is an idiot, but the most likely outcome by an overwhelming majority is that they're shitposting. Deal with it.

Just play 3.0 if it ever comes out

No, triangles.

What if the missiles were filled with bees though?