Things that will be completely dead in 10 years time:

>the manual transmission
>cars weighing under 1750KG
>petrol and diesel engines

Any questions?

What are you smoking?

You're saying this wont happen?

M cars are dropping weight every time a new gen is released

How do you suppose they are going to drop weight when they are mandated to carry about 1500lbs of batteries?

there wont be 1000 lbs of crankcase?

Sage

well the new M5 got all wheel drive, an overweight autotragic gearbox and more safety and luxuries than ever yet it's still ~100lbs lighter than the previous gen rwd M5
how do they do it idk.

I can't see ICE dying just yet. Maybe it will be almost dead but not completely. Especially in countries where the infrastructure doesn't exist to support the charge points required for long distance travel.

>the manual transmission
I could agree with the manual if you are strictly talking about first world markets, but even there, manual gearbox is still the go-to choice for many cars in Europe and I don't see it disappear completely in such a short time frame, especially when it's still the cheaper option to buy and it's not like people stopped buying base model cars.
Maybe in 30 years?
However, you are not considering developing and 3rd world markets where they are still recycling old tech and using cheap and reliable stuff, they will probably keep using manual for the best part of this century, if not more.

Maybe in burgerland where cars are generally bigger, 1750KG is a lot for Europe standard, considering that your average C-segment Hatchback has been hovering around the 1500 mark for quite some time and city cars are all slightly above one ton.
There is no way A and B segment cars will ever weigh that much.

Ok you are clearly daydreaming here

>the manual transmission
maybe in murrica but in the civilised world no
2000kg compacts will definetely be a thing dumbass
maybe in green obsessed hellholes like scandinavia but normal countries dont give a fuck about climate change and sell normal cars, build coal power plants etc

tldr you're a 15 year old ameritard moron with zero knowledge about the real world
consider suicide

>thinks electric cars aren't going to kill ICE
>thinks you'll even be legally allowed to drive your own car on public roads in the future when autonomous vehicles take off

Delusional. Cars are dead, just accept it. Manufacturers make nothing but pigfat automatic technology-loaded boats with hairdryers for engines these days, soon they'll all be electric too.

You're the delusional one if you think any of this will happen in 10 years when right now in most of EU people drive 10 year old shitboxes.

Nobody said it won't happen ever, just that it won't happen in 10 years.
Maybe you are really young so 10 years seem a lot to you, but for cars 10 years is nothing.
Think of the average life cycle of a car and how often it gets a face lift, some cars don't even get a proper new model in 10 years, not to mention the fact that many, many people drive cars older than that and will keep on driving them.

You are assuming that in 10 years everyone will buy new cars and that somehow all the infrastructure to support electric vehicles (which is basically non existent now) will magically appear everywhere as if it was nothing.

You have missed your deadline by at least 50 years if not more

kid, there's a difference between the top-of-the-line flagship cars/lines of manufacturers and volume-models.
Think of VAG, for their Audi/VW/Skoda big cars: you might be right. For their small econoboxes? Nope.
Also: if the 10 mayor car companies of the world all decide the market is too small for manual light petrol cars, any company can salvage the 10 small market leftovers and produce this car.
So as to your delusional end-of-car-enthusiasm idea:
You are not unique. You are not a snowflake. You are a consumer and your demand will be met by the market. The question is at what price.

>Things that will be completely dead in 10 years time
HEMI.

I keep hearing rumors that Chrysler will be going all in with their v6 Pentastar. It's going to be weird to see a Hellcat v6 twin turbo.

>everywhere has straight, flat highways with 90 degree turns like America
Autonomous cars would literally not work in the slightest where I live.

Who here will worship the glorious burbling god of V8 with me in the dark times to come?

Witness me!

I will.
Six speed V8 master race forever!

(You) You

Lad even my cast iron V8 designed in the 40s doesn’t weigh 1000lb fully dressed

>people have been saying manual transmissions will be gone in 10 years since the 1950's

>first world markets
>europe

>Things that will be completely dead in 10 years time:
Kek no. ICEs still have a good 20 years, and even then half of the population will still have their stick shift putt putt machines.

>Being able to ban driving cars in America
They've tried that with guns, and it's still possible to buy just about any firearm out there, albeit with enough paperwork. Plus, that'd require literally every single driver in the country to go out and buy a new car or become a bus rider. There's not a snowball's chance of that happening anywhere in the world, other than maybe some proper dictatorships.

>Plus, that'd require literally every single driver in the country to go out and buy a new car or become a bus rider. There's not a snowball's chance of that happening anywhere in the world, other than maybe some proper dictatorships.
You're retarded. In the shithole I live in all they'd need to do is increase the tax on fuel to a stupid amount.

More plastic

but user electric vehicles need an ICE to create electricity, it's just outside the car

>>petrol and diesel engines

Not with our current shitty battery tech.

>what are nuclear plants
>what are dams
>what are wind turbines
>what are solar panels

So the people who can't afford to pay the shitty tax will suddenly have enough money to buy a brand new e car?

Not immediately no. I live in the UK, if fuel were suddenly 3x more expensive you can bet that in 2-5 years absolutely everyone would be in an electric car. People are stupidly hung up with fuel costs over here, it's why everyone drives a 1.5L cuckbox.

Nigger please. Average age of cars in Finland is 13 years and god knows what it is in the US. So car bought today are not even average age in 10 years.
Battery technology has a way to go still. It´s good that it is developing, but there is a lot of work.
Other thing is that gasoline cars can be converted easily to ethanol and indirect diesels run on bio-diesel as is.

No cars under 1750kg,,, yeah right, dream on.
No manual transmission, well maybe not for you, but everyone else will be having them.

>>what are nuclear plants
>>what are dams
>>what are wind turbines
>>what are solar panels
nice memes exept for dams

>I don't like them so they don't count hah tough luck kiddo

>being an electrocuck and not filling up your 12 valve cummins with vegtable oil to roll coll on envirofags

Wid no more HEMI aint gonna be no more Hellcats muufugga