Gonna buy a 986 boxster or a c5 corvette, can't really decide between the two

Gonna buy a 986 boxster or a c5 corvette, can't really decide between the two

First time driving anything really, so it's technically my first car. The boxster is a bit more affordable for me, but the corvette just seems so much more fun.

Thoughts?

But neither is good for a first car, really.

Yeah but fuck it.

A boxster S can be had in my price range too, there's one in my area for about $8500 that seems pretty clean. Is it worth it?

The C5 competed, probably outperformed the 911. The C5 is a great value and much cheaper for a first car.

C5s I'm looking at are around 11-12k. Boxsters (non-s) are 6-7k and (S) 9k.

3k civic and use the rest for rice and mawds

>these cars seem fun but I've never driven anything

Retard alert

I've ridden fast bikes for a few years

good car if u wanna be in a boomer bukkake

kek lol ;)

boxsters are tacky. get an m3

Porsche is only cheaper because it's a project. Those Boxters are known to be massive turds by Porsche standards and the maintenance costs are insane. Really the Porsche game is for true moneybags who can drop 50-100k on the car and another 10-20k/year to maintain it.

As for the vette. LS V8 motor. Literally a pickup truck engine. Very well proven, easy to service and swap if necessary. Rest of the car is far simpler than the Porsche so less shit goes wrong and when it does replacement parts are cheap and labor to get at them isn't half as bad. Be sure to get a manual of course.

> First car ever.
Yeah you really shouldn't get either of these. You can afford a decent used car for 5k. There's tons of good options. If you want a sports car I'd upgrade to it after at least 2-3 years of driving. Shame if you dropped 11k on a vette and promptly wrecked it when merging on a busy expressway, instead of a 3-4k manual Honda that you wouldn't cry as much over. Everyone fucks up their first car, so it makes sense to start on something cheap and simple.

That's good but driving a car is still far different and you should get something cheaper and more disposable to learn on. For one thing visibility is far worse, so you're liable to scrape or hit a few things because you don't see them. Acceleration is also far worse due to the weight, so I can see you trying to jump from a stop into a gap in moving traffic that would be big enough for your bike and then getting clobbered.

I don't really want cheap and simple at this stage in my life. I'm in my mid 20s and I've been riding 180+ hp motorcycles for about 5 years

Subaru WRX good enough?
It's a pretty good compromise, fast enough to be fun but functionally it's built on a basic car that happens to be AWD. Biggest perk is that it has normal car visibility instead of tiny sports car windows.

But really between the Vette and Boxter definitely get the Vette. Don't even think about the Boxter. I assure you that you'd be happier with a shitbox than that overpriced maintenance nightmare.

>Subaru WRX
You guys mention this a lot, but dude its fucking ugly

I just need a fast car to pick up chicks and drift and shit

C5. You ain't gonna pull pussy in a boxster

Alright then

150k miles too much? I can only afford around 10-11k so not many 2001-2004 out there without high as fuck mileage.

Are you the Kent guy?

Yes fag

Buy dat 2003

You just made a thread yesterday about wanting to buy a C5, now you're trying to decide between two a C5 and a 986?

You're going to get the same fucking answers in every thread you make.

They both make shitty first cars.

>but I drove fast bikes

Then stop fucking asking us our opinion on a first car if you're not going to listen.

Think I will

Dude chicks don't know anything or care about cars. You can get an automatic v6 SN96 Mustang and they will think it's the same as a vette.

Also if 11k is your whole budget you should get something cheaper in nicer shape and save a bit to spend it on maintenance later.

Mainly was asking about how the boxster compares to the corvette, but thanks for sperging

Alright if you're considering a boxster. Look at the Honda S2K. Girls love that car because of 2F2F. But otherwise the answer is always corvette.

Corvette destroys the boxster. Even the modern base corvette destroys the modern Porsche Cayman.

C5 hands down. Better a boomer mobile than the Pontiac Solstice of Porsches.

I have a 2002 C5. It's easy to work on, parts are plentiful, and if you encounter an issue there is a fix for it and a step by step guide on how to perform it just a Google search away.

boxster is a girl's car

Yeah man Veeky Forums is slow but you were literally trying to decide which vette you were gonna look at and now you make another thread. C5 will be the better choice. Abundant parts, easy to work on, v8 noise and tq/pwr.
>t. C5z owner

Get the vette just because you don't want to only have a Roadster.

The vette makes more power and will be cheaper to maintain and you can join the vette club and get access to track days and repair advice.

The boxster is also fun to drive for different reasons but is aged and associated with Barbie and Legally Blonde so it's seen as a women's car which it never was but you won't want it to be your only car. You can also join the Porsche Club but you'll be the slowest there.
Also the engine in the base is the same as the S so you can do some easy mods to get it up to 230ish hp.

You'll probably be happy with both.

>Also the engine in the base is the same as the S so you can do some easy mods to get it up to 230ish hp.
It's not, they're from the same engine family but the S has a significant displacement advantage (3.2l vs 2.5l or 2.7l, depending on the year).