Hey guys, I just landed a job making some solid cash for the first time in my life...

Hey guys, I just landed a job making some solid cash for the first time in my life. I was thinking about keeping my BMW 335xi as a daily and buying an 08 gallardo for the weekends. Any thoughts?

And no I don't want a mercielago, they would be too hard to drive/park in the city near where I would be working without an idiot hitting it.

just get an mx-5 and swap an ls

Get an R8 instead, the competent German version of the flamboyant Italian.

I thought about that. It's not about the speed though. After I finish suping up my BMW it'll be faster than the lambo. I just want a car that I can drive on the weekends that is...idk, flashy? Or just an attention getter? but also fun to drive.

I thought about that as well, but lambos are just so iconic.

you sound like you're 12 desu

Nope. 25. Just grew up poor and worked my ass off for a job that pays well and again, my BMW will fufill my speed needs, until I decide to supercharge the gallardo.

>just landed a job making some solid cash for the first time in my life
>buying an 08 gallardo
retard

How so? Honestly that is why I posted, I am looking for advice and opinions. Like why shouldn't I?

i suggest you leave Veeky Forums and never come back

Thanks for the advice faggot. I've been visiting this board since '10, so maybe you should come back when you can afford a lambo.

> I only just got this job, should I put myself up to my eyeballs in debt to show how rich I am?
No.

sorry i actually have taste

First good advice all thread, thank you.

As in...? I'm open to suggestions, it just seems a lambo is the best way to go so far.

Do you seriously need some random internet person to tell you not to go deep into debt? That's good advice to you?

You can't even afford a 10 year old lambo senpai

It was literally the only actual advice I've gotten all thread. In reality I would only be going 80k in debt, so it's not "debt up to my eyeballs", I was just being appreciative of a non-faggot posting.

2008 lambo is 9 years old for another few weeks broooooo

If you need to finance 80k for a 10 year old car you can't afford it

I fail to see the logic there. Like I'm just supposed to shell out 100k for a car? I'd put 20 down and finance for 4 years.

enjoy your first 15k service bill dude

I've planned for that as well. I'll be good with maintenance less than 20k/yr, but I'll only be driving it on the weekends, so I doubt I would rack up that much.

OP I'm in a similar boat. I don't know why the fuck I come to Veeky Forums, it's a board exclusively populated by poorfags. The sticky is even tailored towards poorfag purchased.

Is that a bad thing? No, not at all.
Do we belong here? No, not at all.

Just buy the fucking car and live your life.
You could be dead tomorrow, or the day after. Don't go to deep into debt (your 08 gallardo is fine), but don't save on all the fun either and die witg pockets full of money.

I agree, but I was a poorfag for so long I thought maybe some other poorfag would have some good advice. Apparently not.

That is my exact thinking. I already have a retirement savings, like I would rather enjoy my 20's than pinch pennies and be a baller when I'm like 50. Fuck that.

Let me add something more. The money thing is just the tip of the iceberg.
Ultimately, it is all about doing and risking something in life. These guys up there are maybe poor, but they are also passive.
In 10 years you will be sitting with people around a table and you will tell stories about your life, e.g. how you bought that lambo at 25 and fucking drove it, maybe you crashed it, whatever.

But there will be these guys who don't have any stories, because they did nothing in their fucking life and just let the time passed. That is the ultimate misery.

Go for something, do something, risk something. Don't be fucking stone driving a 3k civic.

That is by far the best advice I've heard, thank you user. I don't believe I will live past 35 and I love being able to share my stories with my friends, and hearing theirs.

Thanks user. I'll probably throw a couple of g's at bitcoin and ether while I'm spending some cash monies.

>budgeting 20k a year for car maintenance

HOLY FUCK user. You could literally buy a whole other decent used car for that. Don't get a 10 year old Lambo; it's a fucking money pit. You'll quickly grow to hate it. Just sidestep the whole situation. Have you considered something new in roughly the same price range, like an SL 450? It has the same air, it lets you run in the same circles, gets you the same customer service at the dealership, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to keep running than a Lambo.
>but it's a Benz!
Yes. Think about what that means for a minute.

Or get an M-series BMW. If you can afford a Lambo you can afford to special order a brand new M. Hell, you can probably afford a brand new Alpina.

You've just come into serious money for the first time. Don't be dumb with it, and you can still keep that serious money.

Don't buy that lambo, you will be in debt.
Don't buy that house, you will lose everything.
Don't launch a start-up, it will fail.
Don't marry at 25, this will never work.
Don't do that, because it will never work.
Please don't show me that I'm a failure in live, because I do nothing.
Just buy a civic and let time pass.

I have a BMW, so I am well versed in M series and Alpina. I was also considering getting 2013 E63 AMG before this, but. But. I could keep my current BMW which I love, and spend the savings on something truley fantastic. I don't think I could park my 2013 E63 at the front of a hotel or club, but a guarantee I could park a lambo there.

but dont't. Srs.

going 80k in debt just for looks and weekends when you're on your FIRST real Job doesn't make much sense tbqh.

Make something of that financial security.
Invest in something, property or even a classic that'll appreciate in value (and that you can pay with minimal loans).

If you were to fall on hard times with a half paid off, used, lambo in the garage, it won't be much fun, and the backlash will be much more long lasting.

Love it!

Just because buying an old Lamborghini is a bad financial decision doesn't mean you can't use the money it would cost to buy *other* fast cars that convey status while flaunting wealth.

I guess I didnt mention I am buying a house, and already have a roth IRA. The money left over would be going towards the lambo, with about 3k extra for other shit/month. (bills already included)

This has nothing to do with the lambo.
He ask for anything like "Should I spend 100k on and you guys would advice to do not because better save the money for when you old and dead.

Agreed. Dem trips though.

Because you guys live in you misery and drive your 3k civics. Why? Because you fear risk. You fear to risk even the tiniest bit of everything.

lambos are niggermobiles these days

I had a heartly lol to this.

Well that's what I mean. You might not be able to park a 4-year old Benz at a hotel and get the same kind of props, but you could park a *new* one there for that sort of thing. A new E63 or M series would convey status if you don't rice it, and by the time it's "old" you'd be known at your hangouts and you and your car would have a reputation.

Also, you have to keep in mind, a Lambo would be eyecatching, but not really to the megarich. They'd instantly pick up that it's an older model that someone is using to try and be flashier than their bank account would normally let them. In other words, the actual Lambo crowd would suss you out as being a tryhard.

Why not get a Ferrari instead?

>He ask for anything like "Should I spend 100k on and you guys would advice to do not because better save the money for when you old and dead.

It has everything to do with it being a Lambo. He's literally budgeting 20k a year on his first "good car purchase" for maintenance alone. It's straight-up a dumb financial decision to make for a car that has not finished depreciating yet. There are other cars that he could spend $100k on that would be much better financial decisions than a 10 year old Lambo.

Just because one choice at this budget level is dumb does not mean every one is dumb. I'd tell someone with a $40k budget to stay the fuck away from an off-lease Maserati, too.

Hmmm. I will consider it, so what car would be a good purchase for a 100k budget? That still has the appeal of a lambo?

Don't go full risk in live.
But risk something from time to time.
The lambo, ferrari or what ever is perfectly fine.
Don't be a 3k civic driver with no chance for anything happening ever.

Maybe it is a dumb financial decision, but it won't kill him and there is a high chance that it will work out just fine.
If he loses 30k in 2 years for driving the lambo, then what?
You drove your civic and are in the same spot than 2 years ago.

This, way better than a Gallardo. Although I'm pretty sure the prices of F355s have skyrocketed, a 360 would be a more sensible decision if he can live with the stigma of having a cheaper "worse" Ferrari

I really think even getting to park a 2018 E63 AMG would be impossible at the front of a hotel or club, not because they don't deserve it, but because most people don't know cars. At the same time not many people would be able to differentiate an older lambo from a brand new one, because again, most poeple don't know cars.

The SL is a good choice. The Lexus LC 500 is another good one.

It's weird. The AMG might not get to, but an S-Class would. It's all about what looks fancy with the right badge.

The Alfa Romeo 4C might get the star treatment, funnily enough. It certainly looks the part, and most people go gaga for "Italian performance car".

Lamborghini tiers:

Man of culture tier: Countach, Miura, Diablo
Wannabe tier: Murcielago, Gallardo
Nouveau rich tier: Aventador, Huracan
Tropy wife tier: Urus
Hipster tier: Everything else

Well I don't have the money to drop on a "man of culture" car, so I guess I'll have to be wannabe tier. I only have 100k to drop on a car, so I must be a wannabe.

SL 550 is your best bet.

What am I DOING. I completely forgot about the Porsche 911!

Wow, only 7 years. I've been on this stupid fucking website for twice that time. I've spent my entire teenage life here. You don't know shit.

That’s for sandniggers and chinks, OP should get a porsche

That's my plan. Gallardos are getting plenty cheap to have one as a weekend car, and when you start looking are actually pretty fucking reliable. Pretty low cost of ownership.

All that money on a car that is almost 10 years old.... even if you have the money to fix it, it may end up always in the shoo anyway. Personally not a fan of this car, i feel it is starting to look dates but its your money op. If u have to have an old lambo for looks then spend it. Id buy plenty of different cars for the cash

Veeky Forums is much worse. Those people are literally broke ass people who only talk cryptocoins because they are too lazy to do any actual work.

I am here since 1905 and I have been browsing this site long before moot even knew what 2chan was. I have spent a century here. You dont know shit.

I suppose I should answer your question: I am not a supercar fan, but if you want something very flashy and worryingly fast, then a Ranger Rover SVR should fit the niche real great.

If you want 100% flash, then get a classic car.

Personally, I am fan of the utility based SUV, so a 3.0 D-4D J150 Land Cruiser is all the car I will never need.

the extra attention won't fill the gaping hole in your personality.

I made $135k this past year from crypto out of a 2k investment. Enjoy wagecucking for Mr. Goldberg

Just go ahead and get it fucktard. Enjoy it for the brief moments you get to use it.

>Ranger Rover
POO IN LOO indian

>And when you get up from the table, everyone will have a new story to tell.. How they literally met the dumbest nigger of all recorded history.

>but lambos are just so iconic.

Bear in mind you'll be driving the equivalent of Beats by Dre

Lambos are status symbols for rich kids. Not performance machines. Driving them around town will be a nightmare. And out on the twisties you'd wish you were in a car that handled better and didn't throw it all away to look "cool" when no fucker is around to care cos its the middle of nowhere on a windy road.

But if you just wanna go up and down the strip at 10mph and pull bitches then you do you.

Everyone ITT missing the point and getting mad at the "poor" haters, when in reality it's just that
>Lamborghini is fucking normie-tier taste. They're the ultimate in style over substance and
>"but brah it looks so COOL look at it! Anything that cool looking must be fast!"
>"Were you thinking of getting it wrapped?"
Lambos are so normie that the Lambo enthusiast's first question is not
>"what engine does it have?"
but
>"dude how big are the wheels? Are they chrome?"

Buying a new one is cool if you're loaded and want to show off to normies.
Buying a 10 year old one at your first sniff of real money is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

If you have any bit of class, just get a newer model 911. If you want an SUV, get a Land Cruiser, and your in the club.

t. Oldmoneyfag

Enjoy your (((Lamborghini))).
Youll like it until you pull up to a gas station or something where someone has a real Lamborghini, not the budget Porsche boxter version you have.

He will be there, his kid will think you have a cool car too, then youll start talking about your cars, he will be talking about his life, the companies he owns or some shit, how he just got back from paris with his kids and wife, and bought a second vacation home.

Then you will be like ya I just got off work 2 hours ago and now I'm going to do some other normie shit.

Then the kid will ding his mirror or body with a toy or some shit and you will freak out, but the guy wont care because he has 5 other cars and doesn't give a shit.

tldr: buying the poorestfag car in a companies lineup just makes you a badgewhore poorfag.

I can't think of anything cringier than a 20 year old buying a 10 year old Memeborghini because he he thinks he's making "solid cash" (i.e. 60-100k/yr).

Didnt that fag from vehicle virgins have the same lambo in the beginning? He had nothing but problems with it especially the shit transmission. If u get a stick one op then that is not only a better choice but one that will save you money in repairs and appreciate rather than depreciate

Buy a Ferrari 360. You can actually get those in manual, rather than the piece of shit auto transmission in the Gallardo that blows up in 10k miles.

It's odd, we go from 1 of these threads a day to 5 during winter break. All these posters must be tenured professors, and not dreaming 16 years old. Wait let me guess
>jealous hater poorfag mad

Hoiw about buying an actually nice car that wont make you look like an utter cock?

OP you should just buy a couple of CRXes and take responsibility for once.

if I were a richfag I'd still tinker with shitboxes, just mod them better and with more taste

kys

*kysses you back*
Mwwaaah

just buy porsche and pay 9ff or ruf to tune it

You haven't made anything unless you cash out.

I was arguing with a friend about financing a vehicle. It just doesn’t make sense to me to pay out 75k for a vehicle instead of financing. It’s like putting your money in a savings account that depreciates by 5 to 10% every year. Why not rent and swap out every couple years when your have no negative equity. What’s your guys opinion.

Congratulations. You have successfully found the reasoning behind people leasing expensive cars instead of buying them.

Yes I get leasing, I lease my wife a new suv every 2 years. I purchase my trucks because superdutys have shit leases. I am usually at a break even point after two years for trade in. I am just trying to figure out why people have such a boner for the I just bought my vehicle, it doesn’t make any sense to me financially

If leasing was so much better than owning, manufacturers wouldn't offer it.

lol

It makes sense for both manufacturers and a certain sector of the market. If you want to replace your car every few years, it makes sense to lease because you'll pay less than financing in the time period while having no maintenance costs. The tradeoff is, of course, you don't own the car and have mileage limits imposed on you, but if you want an easy way to replace your car regularly it's better than constantly rolling negative equity onto loan after loan after loan. Furthermore, it makes sense to lease your business vehicle because lease payments are deductible based on the percentage of business use.

Manufacturers like leasing because they essentially get to sell the same car twice. The leasee pays them for years to drive the car, and then when the lease is up the manufacturer gets to sell the car again to someone else. Considering people always go over mileage limits they get to recoup tons of fees while providing maintenance services they'd largely have to provide anyways under warranty.

Because they want to own it outright, and have no payments or liens on the vehicle.

this nigga knows his shit

The only cool thing about this car is the v10, they handle like shit, also expensive as fuck to fix

Make sure you fit. They’re super cramped. I don’t fit.

It makes sense because you're using the vehicle in the meantime, and get to keep it afterwards.
If you don't let the dealer pressure you into a 5 year finance deal and keep the vehicle after it's paid off, it makes sense.

However, the USA is a haven of poor financial choices, as shown by and others,

>boy, i sure am bored! I guess i'll make a bait thread on Veeky Forums about how i'm gonna buy a lambo!
>haha,yes!! They're falling for it, i guess i'll continue baitin em xdd
Good one. You most definitely can't afford a 08' Gallardo.
And even if you could somehow afford it, you'd be forever in debt and the thing will bankrupt you because it's a 2008 Lamborghini.
Only actual millionaires can afford to take care and fuck around with these cars, OP. You're not fooling anyone.

Poorfags usually stay poorfags for a reason, buying a used lambo instead of investing is one of them.

Buy bitcoin instead

what planet do you live on where you think a bank is going to give you 80k for a 10 year old car

please don't go on a shooting spree, women are people too

You sound like a faggot

Gallardos are the perfect look at me im not that rich but still rich enough to buy a basically economy supercar with a shitty e gear auto tranny that lurches and jumps and automatically drops into neutral if i idle too long

They are literal cringe tier pieces of shit