/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #837 - Monday Commute Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

>General Interest Links

Sonic is not fast.

oh shit it's fucking grounder
what do

ProJared brought up fair and valid points in his SA2 review and gave a very reasonable explanation as to why it garners so much praise. Does he anti-fanboy like Arin on Twitter or something?

Cutie pie Amy

Laugh

OBTAIN ITEM

Let' not talk about game grumps for the whole thread ok

*blocks your path*

>Comic staff will never get in special thanks
>Even though over half the memes these fags use were created by the comics or comicsfags

Fuck that memeing fuck Aaron.

S T O P

how do you know that pic is real

hey guys! sonic mania looks really good! mind if I advertise my Etsy shop in the game somewhere? just a little picture that says my name or something somewhere that'd be great. did you know my husband is EGORAPTOR, the creator of GAME GRUMPS?

Sega doesn't like the comic staff from Archie. Watch as the new staff for the IDW comic get more recognition than them.

Fuck off FAS baby.

Not that I know of. The most I've heard him say about the franchise, aside from the SA2 review, is that he's just not very fond of the games. Now, Projared has done some stupid things, like give Bioshock Infinite a very high score, so user may just be upset over something like that.

i always enjoy seeing someone use this art. best thing that ended up coming out of that particular venture.

Has she always looked like a toe?

Can you elaborate? Because I've been confused about where this picture came from for a while, I'm doubting if what I remember is correct.

>Arin "Grump" Hanson
>Suzy Berhow
>Matt
>Ryan
>Barry Kramer

So I'm a newfag to the comics, did the ken penders lawsuit actually negatively affect the plot and characters outside the reboot? Were any actually good or interesting characters removed?

Amy X Honey is the best ship and I will fight you

it was art done by layeyes when he and i were throwing around ideas for a sonic webcomic that didn't get off the ground. it's a pleasant time to look back on.

While I was sketching this, the Tweet from Sega ending the Archie relationship was posted. Its been a while since something made me stop drawing for more than a day. /blog

I hope IDW keeps the post reboot universe. There was too much good in it.

Anyways, here are some tits.

I swear, if I see ANYTHING Grump in Sonic Forces: I'm going to go the next convention, inject myself with sugar to increase my autism, and attack Aaron Webber on stage screaming like a retard.

Whether I have this General written on my shirt in blue marker when I do it is up in the air.

For what, ants?

Just don't buy the product, user.

Hershey "died". Thrash threw most of the echidnas (and Saffron) into the phantom zone. I think there's more, but I can't recall.

From /ink/ with love.

>Were any actually good or interesting characters removed?
Ian was starting to make the pile of shit Penders left behind interesting, which I guess was sort of disappointing after everything got wiped.

don't drag us into this. just wear something sonic related

I think that was pretty much it.

Wrong cat dork

Is it possible that he posted it here when it was made? Because I can't shake the idea that I remember the artist posting it here or something like that.

If dubs, Arin doing his Sonic impression will be a selectable voice for Buddy

Nice!

The one and only OTP.

>Were any actually good or interesting characters removed?
Here are some I liked and missed.
Scourge
Dr. Finitevus
Mammoth Mogul
Shard
Sonic's Parents
Matilda
Mina
Fiona
Uncle Beau
Geoffrey

Wrong cat again.

Cute

Well Geoffory got axed just around when he was starting to become something resembling a real character.
It was a bit of a dissapointment since it looked like they were actually going to do something with him.

i liked to post art from it here to hear what people thought about it or story ideas sometimes, but i don't know if layeyes himself actually visited this general ever.

i would mess with redesigns during my breaks at work back then and would field them here sometimes for feedback.

I think a reboot is inevitable, but what content gets to stay is still up in the air.

>toes
Eww.

oh shut up those are hardly offensive

I don't think that is very likely. It seems like a new publisher with a new team would want to start their own continuity, especially considering how much legal stuff is tied to the old one even though Archie purged all of Pender's stuff. But I would also really rather it just be a continuation of the same universe with the same characters and stories if that is a possibility. And thanks for the tits.

Oh, maybe that's what I remember. It was so long ago. If there's more art like OP's pic please point me to where I can find it because it's beautiful.

Does /sthg/ have any ROM hacks that they like?
I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog: The Lost Worlds lately and I really like the idea of compiling cut content, finishing them up, and releasing them as their own game.

If you really wanted to make a statement, you'd pretend to be a hardcore Game Grumps fan and scream "THERE IS ONLY ONE ARRAN" while attacking Aaron, preferably wearing a picture of Arin

You are all incorrect

I agree with what you said, but I think Penders of all people also had a good point: the Archie stuff (characters, lore, etc) is a resource. It's the reason people bought the product and it's worth money. If there's a chance for them to use it, maybe they would. I don't really know shit about comics but taking that and using it sounds like an easier way to make a succesful product than starting something from scratch and trying out new things that people may or may not be interested in.

Of course Penders was talking about his stuff, but the point is valid when put like this.

not really but his twitter is @Layeyez

all we really put together for sonic stuff was a pile of basic character (re)designs and sketchy boards, we were kind of stretching ourselves thin at the time and didn't make a ton of serious progress.

I didn't think of it like that. Thanks, I needed that bit of hope.

These are all good, tbqh. I also find the idea that Blaze secretly likes Amy to be really cute

Alright, /egg/ how do we stop Sonic?

I've never bothered with rom hacks.

Release Forces

This isn't the best but I prefer these two.

Why did suzy keep her last name

Hire Game Grumps.

Just break his leg.

Shoot him with a gun

not everyone changes their last name when they get married

Thanks, will take a look tomorrow. Really wish there would be more, though, it's one of my favorite Sonic pics.

You're welcome, man. Though don't forget we don't actually know anything for sure...

Anyway, goodnight /sthg/.

Hey, bored. So doing some Sonic sfw and nsfw requests. Will be streaming it as well. Maybe some Bump stuff too!

Wrong thread Egg head.

What do your models look like? And do you have a link?

Arin's a limp-wristed beta orbiter

Who are you?

I'm that one artist that some 4channers hate with a passion. So it's better that I don't directly post my art here.

Cassia as Cassia from Diablo.

Arin is pussy whipped as fuck.

>artist that 4channers hate with a passion
You're gonna have to be way more specific than that.

are you chauvel or something

Okay.

Black artist.

Is that you Shadman?

That tells me literally nothing.

Yoto?

Fuck you Kayla-na

A) Kayla's black? B) When did Kayla do 3D art?

I forgot to mention, SFW please.

You could do something with Bump and Buddy

What does this character make you feel?

Pour him a drink and fire up a smoke.

pain

Nothing

I'm revisiting Sonic for the first time in around a decade to prep for Mania. Marble Garden is kicking my ass.

Oh you are Kayla-na? Shit, I don't hate your art.

>Kayla
>also black
More reasons to not give a shit.

Simple. Convince the public that he's a menace.

I always forget just how small Sonic and co. really are. I can't be the only one, right?

I don't know if I should feel more weird than I already do for wanting to dick Amy, since she's 2'11".

archie!Breezie and Amy clothes swap.

Marble Zone, not Marble Garden.
Time for bed.

That's comforting to hear.

Ok soooo, I got Bump and Buddy (Is that SFW or NSFW).

Anything else?

We need pictures. Get Porker in here and tell him to get pictures of that rat.

That just means she can't fight back very well.

Generic saturday morning cartoon stuff.
He's the modern Wes Weasley.