Be honest

Be honest
Do you let your car warm up before you drive it?

Yes... I like my seals intact, thankyouverymuch

10 secs before I drive, then I wait until the oil's warm before I floor it.

I figure it's warm enough after idling it out of the garage and stepping out to close the garage doors.

diesel yea
gasoline no

With modern cars, the best way to warm it up is to start driving it (not hard).

This.

about 3-5 minutes

I'm with this guy. No need to waste more than you have to

During winter I let it warm up for as long as it takes for me to clean the snow/ice.

I need to drive the car out of the barn, get out out the car and walk back to the gate to close it, then reenter. That takes at least 30 seconds.

After that, stay under 3k rpm until the oil is at normal operating temperature.

Like 2 or so minutes while im getting my ass situated and fiddling with my phone then wait til its warmish before giving it any beans

Bout 30 seconds until i get my seatbelt on and the radio running. The drive like a granny until everything is warm and toasty.

No but I don't abuse it while it's cold
I try not to go above 2.5k until it's at temperature

Yes, but only because my car shifts like dick if the transmission is cold.

It will idle at around 900 RPM for 5 minutes, then settle to 650 once its warm.

A E I O U AND SOMETIMES Y - 1119

>inb4 people think their car is warm because their coolant is at operating temperature

Oil temperature gauge master race.

Warm for 15-30 seconds. Drive calmly until temp rises to correct level then whatever. No other reply is better than mine. End the thread.

i take the train to my job since ze autobahn commute takes longer and traffic around stuttgart is a bitch

every day i leave the house and walk to the train station, i see this fat ass 2017 VW touareg creeping down the street at like 5-7 km/h, and for some reason it pisses me the fuck off.

This, letting it idle for a few minutes is completely unnecessary (unless it's really cold)

Letting your car idle to warm up when it is col is literally a shit idea. This goes for all the "geniuses" who think, golly its like -10ºF outside, let me just let the car "warm up" by idling it for 15 minutes.
The problem is that doing this results in excessive wear to the engine. When idling cold, an engine runs rich, and it is this running rich that causes problems. Since gasoline is a good solvent, and colder temperatures mean the condensation of liquid, the rich mixture of air and gasoline literally wicks the oil off the cylinder wall, causing increased wear in the cylinder. The best option is to start the car, let it idle for a couple seconds to get the oil flowing, then start driving lightly. This ensures that the engine is warming up as quickly as possible to prevent excessive wear.

I let it warm up until the coolant gauge starts to move, then don't go over 4 until it's at normal on the coolant temp and stay under 5-6 until everything is totally warm. (Oil, trans, diff) If I have to drive before the coolant temp moves I don't go over 3, and I never drive it before the air injection pump kicks off.

I’ll let it run while I clean the snow off of it and scrape ice off the glass

Otherwise I give it 20 seconds then drive it gingery until the oil pressure is normal and the shift boot isn’t cold with a slight squeeze

wow gay

Yes and no. When I'm at my apartment and my car is under the car port I just wait for the engine room to drop then I just dinner carefully until my car warms up.

If I'm at work and there's snow on my car I start it and let it run while I clear off all the snow

>I just wait for the engine room to drop then I just dinner carefully

accidentally rifling the place