High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread >> →

Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892763102
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761596200
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873964498
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=808802871
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847785822
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=744844351
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700406231
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708051537
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690476829
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877551324
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083806981
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688554241
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952084679
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882760922
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone have any idea how the third Warhammer game is meant to work as a standalone thing?

Everyone's suggestions for it just make it sound like an add on for the Old World

second for reposting question from last thread.

I've got a question to those who meddle in mod db tables. I'm trying to make deck droppers(bats carrying zombies) and My plan to actually implement them would be to alter the raise dead spell to make it a unit ability with 1 charge and 0 range that each bat swarm could get.

No idea how to make make the spell not cost winds of magic though.
what I have managed is to give the bats the raise dead spell, which while entertaining. is hardly suitable.

How did he lose his eyeball?

AYO HOL UP
>tortures victim profusely
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>raids Nordland
SO U BE SAYIN
>sharpens sword
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>sharpens shield
AYYYOOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>dons man-skin cloak
U BE SAYIN
>whips dwarf slave
HOL UP HOL UP
>raids Tiranoc
AYYOO U BE SAYIN
>bathes in cold one slime
SO U BE SAYIN
>sharpens helmet
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>hires assassins
WE WUZ
>serves on black ark
FINNA WE WUZ
>gets murdered by shadow warrior
AYYYOOO HOL UP WE WUZ
>loads crossbow
SO WE WUZ
>instinctively looks around for witch elves
SO U SAYIN WE WUZ
>freezes to death
SOM FINNA
>breaks before the Griffon Gate
SO WE WUZ
>tames manticore
SOM FINNA
>is violated by kharibdyss
AYYOOO SOM FINNA
>worships Slaanesh
HOL UP
>violates kharibdyss
WE WUZ
>slips poison into your food
SOM FINNA
>plots to overthrow Malekith
WE WUZ
>consorts with greenskins
SOM FINNA
>raids Karak Eight Peaks
HOL UP MUH DRUCHII
>drinks maple syrup
U SAYIN WE WUZ
>casts doombolt
SOM FINNA
>sleeps with mother
FEENIX KANGZ N SHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?
>is sacrificed upon the altar of Khaine

>pic

Neat

I think you'd need to make it an ability rather than a spell.

Who's the best Beastmen LL? After failing my latest Chaos campaign, I decided I'd like to start my first Beastmen campaign instead.

Why doesn't TWW have any formations apart from Melee front / back? Rome 2 had loads.

Waifu spotted

I want to put my dick in a Skaven.

Will Warhammer: Total War ever include naval warfare? Man' O War: Corsair is fun, but I want to smash ships on a strategical level.

That's a transwoman you bigot.

If only they looked like that

yeah I did try referencing it as an ability but it still costs winds of magics, I'm sure I'm not doing it right. just gotta figure out how to implement properly and what 12 tables I need to make it work which is the problem.

zombie pirates of the vampire coast my man
I've since given these guys kustom textures but, it's a good implementation which is what matters.

maybe in wh3, but unlikely. people hated naval of previous total wars for some reason.(probably all the bugs and janky boarding animations)

While hunting he encountered a mighty hawk, for three days and nights they battled, until finally he struck a mortal blow, though the hawk raked his eye even as it lay dying. Now he wears the beast's wings as a trophy.

How does Very hard differ from Normal outside of enemies getting more money? I'm playing as beastmen if it makes a difference.

Umm sweetie are you implying transwomen cant be waifus?

How do I make Rome 2 fun to play

Yes, I already have DeI installed

They really, REALLY don't like you

>letting pesky things like facts and canon stop you

>zombie trips and falls as they leave the siege tower
>BOOM

I loved naval stuff in Empire and Shogun 2. Rome 2 shat the bed, though.

Depends. You have a fat cock? If so, Khazrak.

I thought they already really really didn't like me.

um yes broflake, waifu implies heteronormativitiy which is a white supremacist construct that transwomen refuse to partake in.

My fat cock is going straight into Boris' remaining eye then, thanks for the suggestion

This is one of the most Reddit conversations I've seen in a while.

And how many of those formations were useful? Seriously asking. Never played Rome 2 because the melee combat looked like utter shit but in Shogun 2 I never once used any of the formations available. The way I deployed my units myself always worked just fine.

Uh. so yeah. No, pissboy.

Transwomen of color are constantly marginalized by the internalized white supremacy of white trans folks. Just because you're trans doesn't mean you're not a white supremacist.

Man sized reddits? A giant underground empire of redditmen? Please, this is absurd

No prob friendo. Malagor gets some pretty fucking sick magic, and he starts out fighting the Greenskin. He also gets a giant which is cool.

Khazrak has much better infantry, getting 2 Gor Herds and a Minotaur which is also pretty cool, and he's a monster in combat.

I personally prefer Khazrak but Malagor seems like a lot of fun. The chaos guy is a meme though, like all Chaos units.

I WISH THE SKAVEN WOULD BE ANNOUNCED ALREADY SO WE COULD DISCUSS THEM INSTEAD OF HOW MUCH WE ALL WANT TO GO ON A KILLING SPREE AGAINST PEOPLE WHO THINK THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO GENDERS

absolutely

But I don't want to talk about Skaven.

Thanquols all but guaranteed at least.

Screencap this.

Off hand one ability that comes to mind is the Regiments of Renown Arachnarok Queen, which can spawn spiderlings. Might be a good one to study.

I looked at that, I could get them to summon the spiders as a start then see if I can create a new entity, thats the hard part though.

FLC for norsca is metal and death wizards, right?

Also the panther knights were mentioned in the files

so were explosive squigs, which you can see implemented at despite not ending up in game.

some things just don't make the cut. would look nice to have panther lads though/.

The map opens up into the Realm of Chaos

Explosive squigs are in a wurrzag quest battle, aren't they?

They are joking...

It looks like the Forest of the Fallen Giants from Dark Souls II.

There's a whole lot of shit off to the right of the Old World that could be used, and as says, they could potentially expand into the Realm of Chaos, but that's quite unlikely

I'd expect some Chaos factions to actually get settlements, sorta like the gigantic settlements that Wood Elves get, citadels of immense power up above the world, while Archaon's Chaos might stay a horde faction

yeah but in the db they are partly referenced as a another unit in the roster but without some of the required information. What we can glean from that is that they were intended as a unique standalone but didn't make the roster. instead we got the partial implementation in that quest battle and that was that!.

I wonder if verminlords and/or stormfiends will get in
I know some people don't like them but versatile techno-monsters seem pretty fun to play with

No shit?

So i recently bought TW:Warhammer and have just finished a Vlad campaign.

I really dont enjoy the corruption/chaos/scripted Army and warherd shit.

Im still in the mood for some TW though whats objectively the best TW out of (inc. all DLC):

>Shogun 2
>Rome 2
>Attila
>Warhammer (dont have all dlc because it doesnt seem worth it and its overpriced AF)

I've personally have the most fun, and hours, in Shogun 2 but leaning towards Attila atm.

What say ye?

I like Total War: Vietnam

I like Shogun 2 a lot but I never tried Attila. I was never a fan of Rome 2.

I'd say Empire is the most like the other TW games though, so maybe give that a try. I'm not even sure if the DLC is completely worth it. Playing as Beastmen is pretty obnoxious and Chaos is trash, and you get everyone on your map even if you can't play them.

Well, I have the most hours in Warhammer, I'll have to say that. I've modded it a lot though.

What mods do you use?

>Thanquol had masterminded a string of near-victories that stretched even longer than his list of former rat ogre bodyguards.
>near-victories

KEK

Keep telling yourself that Thanquol.

Shogun 2 with FOTS and Attila with Age of Charlememe

Playing as Charlemagne in his campaign is especially great with the story events

the intent is in the tropical jungles/damp ships/bogs the zombies come from/go through they get all moulded up.

also mods already 130mb due to all the textures edited.
what is the max filesize for a wamham mod anyway

>foundry of rage
>island of endless gore

I love khorne

I want history fags to leave.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892763102

Boosts Greenskins and makes Empire states friendlier to each other, among other things.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761596200

Prevents shit like Surthas Chariot spam and Grimgor using nothing but Goblins. Also boosts Archaons armies.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873964498

Less fog on campaign map.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=808802871

Gets rid of the dumb Quest requirements.

After that, it's mostly cosmetic ones:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847785822 (Lore friendly version)

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=744844351

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700406231

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708051537

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690476829

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877551324

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083806981

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688554241

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952084679

Thanks brother.

>he doesn't solo the entirety of Templehof with Manfred and his Varghulf

I want Ghorgons for beasties.
Middenheim for Empire.
New, reworked Chaos campaign.
Is it so hard CA?

RIP squig

So is the von Carstein campaign harder than mannlet's? I'm thinking about starting a VC campaign but I really don't want to play as Manlet cause of how he is a pussy bitch that ruined warhammer.

no it is easier because Vlad and Isabella are op af in the campaign. Play on Very Hard or Legendary

He killed-murdered tenhuhihahuhehahuhehaiheuHeuinone the prophet of sotekh

It's a bit trickier at first than Mannlets but you can rush Drakenhof on turn 2. After that, dealing with Templehof is easy. It's just the starting that's a bit harder, after that it's as easy as any Vamp playthrough.

Teheheheaunine reincarnates though, so he shows up in the End Times.

Fug-fug :DDD

So that's what the horns are for...

So given the amount of STUFF these past two weeks, what do you think this week has in store for us?

But this will be my second play through of the game, I don't think I can handle very hard

Concept art and one static model. Maybe Norsca gameplay. Maybe.

I have been thinking about this as well. I would start with game 2 that will have High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Skaven. Tomb Kings, Araby and Dogs of War seem likely as dlc.

Therefore with game 3, we only have 3 major factions left (Daemons of Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms) and the map is mostly done so we must go to the east. The Chaos Wastes, Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourn seem definite. More can be added though as each game is a standalone and Cathay could be added (also that the Great Maw that the Ogre Kingdoms worship is in the lands of Cathay and I doubt the Great Maw would be left out).

With the factions, I will go with the Daemons of Chaos being split into Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh. Each one will have their respective Daemons alongside Chaos aligned Warriors, Beastmen (Khorngor, Pestigor, etc) and some additional units like Cultists and the like.

The pre-order for the third game will be likely be Kislev as they are the first line of defense against Chaos and would add a human and good guy touch to the third game (Kislev is in the first game so maybe the pre-order will be used to give additional content to tide people over until it releases).

Talking of a human touch, I do believe that Cathay and other eastern kingdoms might have to be added as Daemons of Chaos love to destroy civilisation and collect souls but doing this with other Chaos factions or Chaos Dwarfs or Ogre Kingdoms would be strange.

As you say though, it's difficult to work it out compared to how easy it was with the first two games as we are going into possible unknown territory here.

Norsca and Dark Elf gameplay

Norsca gameplay this week, some other Dark Elf assets (we saw the armored cold one yesterday) and one more ritual wallspaper.

I reckon they will keep the skaven reveal until september in order to keep the hype fresh

Is there a point to building the resource buildings as Undead?

always build one in non-capital cities.

Presumably Norsca gameplay as that was already supposed to have been. Dark Elf static models likely.

Love how Archaon is like "Well...I sure hate monday. Like reaaaaaaaaaaally hate mondays"

We also shouldn't rule out there being some overlap between the WH1 and WH3 maps. Hell, they could even give us the entire Old World but with less fidelity in the WH1 areas (i.e. unified factions with fewer total provinces).

However I think we'll just see Kislev and maybe Norsca, and the end goal for Chaos will be overrunning Kislev and defeating a spawned Empire army.

And am I the only person who expects to see Kislev as one of the main 4 factions in WH3?

There are two general options

Daemons, Ogres and Chorfs are just three playable races (like they originally planned for TWW2) but CA claims the cost is justified because they'll also add a "Chaos Realm minicampaign" where you fight the servants of the other gods for control of the realms of chaos

Option B is that Daemons are split into four races sitting up in the Chaos Wastes ready to come down and fuck things up while fighting each other. Chorfs and Ogres are DLC in this case.

Both options seem kind of iffy so there will probably be a lot of whining.

>quite unlikely

WRONG

>Cathay will be added

There will never be a China total war

Why

there's no one to trade with

>And am I the only person who expects to see Kislev as one of the main 4 factions in WH3?

Yes, you are.

Faster battles submod, then run a zero armour front line.

>No Norsca stream today too
Fuck you CA and fuck your """"""technical difficulties""""""

Wew

Are there any decent mods that tone down or get rid of the filters in battles? I remember VC, WoC and Beastmen getting shit lighting in every battle.

>Da Bad Moon
Gobbos confirmed for Chaos worshippers!

No as each game is a standalone. The backlash if CA release game 3 with parts of game 1 would be insane.

Kislev land is in game 1 so can't be in game 3. However, as I stated, they can be a pre-order for the first game.

What is the reason for no Total War: China? Is there not enough units, too similar to Shogun or some other reason?

There's this, though some look noticeably worse:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882760922

Auto resolve is some shit

Skaven/High Elves > Dark Elves > Lizards

TK MIA

>Skaven/High Elves > Dark Elves > Lizards

>Love the idea of Bretonnia but their early game is lame as fuck and it feels like you have nothing to do
>Vampire Counts are awesome but the idea of slowly spreading corruption, while cool in theory, is boring as shit in practice
>Greenskin are cool but playing as them is just a pain in the ass
>retards raid your shit
>random tiny little greenskin army ganks one of your side armies
>rebellion starts
>Cue Benny Hill music as you chase around the enemy missing him by a hair every turn
>Beastmen gameplay is incredibly shallow and you just walk in a straight line steamrolling everything
>Dwarfs are Dwarfs

I really want to play but everything bores me. Maybe I'll try a Very Hard Empire playthrough.

Tomb Kings > Dark Elves > Skaven > High Elves > Lizardmen

Tk dont exist you silly milk drinker

Everything>Skaven>Archaon