freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerevolution.com/features/13384-stardew-valleys-single-developer-has-made-over-30-million
twitter.com/DwarfDev
forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=27.0
store.steampowered.com/app/427730/Whos_Your_Daddy/
sgtadman.itch.io/untitled-bullet-hell-game
strawpoll.com/ewr8gh42
store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover__Revolt_Of_Gamers/
youtu.be/ugo6ASPVu9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Image dimensions have been increased to 416x234

-------- AGDG Weekly Recap --------
Fill out the form to be a part of the weekly progress recap. Be sure to check out the "read me" link for important information on scoring and formatting.
Submissions will be accepted for at least the next 36 hours.

-------- Format
----[ Recap ]----
Game:
Dev:
Tools:
Web:
Progress:
+ ...

-------- Links
Read me: pastebin.com/QA047M2e
Recap archive: dropbox.com/sh/icm5ng2zs8p24uh/AACC61OsXzCgl6-9Vdwb4sRAa
Scores archive: pastebin.com/AmFmLeAy

Did anything come of the conversation about having a text/html recap? Great work btw

Please do not post in this thread unless you wear panties and stockings. Everyone who does not do so is a nodev and probably also smells!

How do I make millions of dollars like the Stardew Valley dev?

gamerevolution.com/features/13384-stardew-valleys-single-developer-has-made-over-30-million

Just realized it really took me a week just to draw one complete level background. I'm slow, sigh.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Petite Witches
Dev: Dwarfdev
Tools: Godot, Krita
Web: twitter.com/DwarfDev
Progress:
+ New level bg drawn.
+ Small additions to battle effects.

I do smell terribly. There wasn't hot water in my apartment for a week now.

if you want to pull off that same trick, here are some beloved games from 10-15 years ago in need of pc spiritual squeakquels. do your own reearch to find deeper cuts.
jsrf
oblivion
spore (the good parts)

did he marry his gf beforehand?

Blatantly copy a popular game, hope you don't get sued, and pretend you're adding multiplayer for 10 years.

Jet Set Radio already has Hover, if you're going to do that sort of think THPS is probably the way to go.

Yo check out my new game

Will I really become a better gamedev if I become a yurifag and a trap?

How does purity affect my cognitive ability?

I saw a bit of that discussion and it did pique my interest. I think it would be neat to have a recap site where you can search for specific games, progress, and devs. Might be a bit far out and in the end not even come to fruition, but I've already started experimenting with the HTML recap generation at least

Remove every trace of waifus and faggotry from stardew, improve the mining and add some solid dungeon bashing. I pay you $20 for it at least.

true. stardew boy started in like 2011 or 2012. the landscape is so different now, and it'll be even worse by the time you finish a game in 2020 or so. the "clone a popular game" trick has been known since 2012ish so any game worth cloning will have several attempts by now.

that said, you don't need to worry about all of them, only the 2-3 highest quality ones.

honestly, if you want to make millions and you have 2-4 years to work with, you might as well not try to make one good game but 8-12 meme games and hope one sticks, plus dozens of prototypes along the way.

And don't forget to suck sjw dicks when you are doing it.

I'd give it 3 days before some prick bricks the system.

hope you have an LLC

Yeah it would be pretty awesome to be able to see the evolution of a project, that's imo a huge draw to sharing and sticking around /agdg/. Even when I'm not working on something, I really love catching games that keep improving.

I think it would also encourage devs to keep participating and not just appear out of thin air or disappear too much. They'd be able to call up a big stack of progress and a neat record of history to look at or show anyone interested.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Spaceship Crew Self-Defense Simulator
Dev: chaikaDev
Tools: GMS 1.4
Web:
Progress:
+ added some juice to the c4
+ added deployable cameras
- I'll work harder this week I swear

forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=27.0

You forgot where you bring that popular game to a popular platform that has never had an entry in that genre.

What is it? Scissors Paper Rock Racing?

Hmm, very different than what I was imagining. Comments interspersed with progress, confusing main view. I have no interest in browsing any of these at random, you know? But I can glance over the recap pic and there's quite a few I'd click on to browse a history of their recaps.

Still not dead, for the maybe one person who cares. Progress is slow, I'm at one of those "oh god there's so much that needs to be done" points where you just end up not doing much. I'm getting the party UI sorted though, it's not going to be a game about anime girls, I was just thought I'd have some fun with the sprite import feature. Also implemented a system for making rooms unique, which will be very important later.

How do I make Streamerbait like Who's your daddy? That game sold 800 000 copies at 5 dollars a piece. The guy who made it is probably a multimillionaire now

store.steampowered.com/app/427730/Whos_Your_Daddy/

Should I use particle effects sparingly? They seem to really stand out.

When did Steam become filled with faggots? Seriously

also
>Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 293
yeah no. Yet if these were laid out something like the recap pic, yeah I could get bored and scroll through a good half of that 293*25 or whatever games, flip through the history of a couple that interest me.

We Half-Life 2 now.

Just Be Creative. Come up with literally 1000 ideas. Get a friend to help. Cull those ideas down, refine the best ones, pick a few to prototype and polish just enough to release. Rinse and repeat until you make it.

You want to brainstorm together?

If they stand out then maybe you need to improve them, or just make them more subtle.

Post webm

Isn't that just the Sonic Advance Chao minigame?

You thought you were memeing me but I've got your back, that screenshot is from like 2013 from some random user

>jsrf
No one will ever make this. Too many factors and it's never attempted by a large & diverse (skill-wise) team. Sad but this is aiming too high
>oblivion
????
I sincerely doubt anyone gives a shit about LotR rip-off Bethesda style. Morrowind I would have agreed with you
>spore (the good parts)
This could be done

I'd add to the list
>Timesplitters
FPS aren't wacky anymore. Or Doom inspired.
>Kingdom Under Fire
Or equivalent gimmick genre-mash that turned out good
>F-Zero
Racing just isn't sci-fi anymore. Nintendo 64 Star Wars Pod racing would suffice too.
>Republic Commando
If you can write & world build something Halo-tier this idea could get a lot of cultists

Basically anything popular or praised which had a gimmick or unique angle that hasn't had a remake/sequel in years

Can I get some feedback bois?

the good part of spore is the cell stage, making a whole game out of that already exists

Try to look at the devlog golds, some are alright.

looks like shitty frogger with guns

that and the creature stage were unique, and it was the creature stage that could be cloned and get coverage for being a spore clone. and it's not the exact gameplay that matters, but the evolution and the creature creator.

How the fuck was I supposed to dodge those bullets!? Fuck this shit.
*deletes game*. Looks good though. Someone else will love it.

The amount the player can see is far too small. Back those side bars into individual widgets and give the player some distance to see

>jsrf
>No one will ever make this.
Someone is trying. I don't want to shit on the guy because I really want this game. But desu his "team" is going at a snail's pace.

I just don't see it being done either really

>mobile
dropped

or Jet Moto, Kinetica, Power Stone, ChuChu Rocket

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Dev: ADMAN
Tools: Unity
Web: sgtadman.itch.io/untitled-bullet-hell-game
Progress:
+ Made some designs for how I want the player model to look
+ Used a Lambda expression for the first time to fix a bug...
- ...But I have no idea what it does or how it works. I don't even really know if it works, but it compiles, so that's something.
- A new enemy type I'm working on is giving me more of a headache than it's worth, but I'm almost done with it.
- Need to learn to use Blender to make models.

Ah, another one? I took a week away from this place. What exactly is taking so long?

Anyway, JSRF is just too ambitious. Nothing indie scale has the resources. The music comparison alone will make or break your game's sales. Art style, game play, graffiti, boosts, voice acting, unique designs, unlockables, intricate level designs, all that god damn animation and even a multiplayer to live up to.

Making every character do a unique set of dance moves both in & out of skating would drive any animator mad. Graffiti & music is gonna an absolute nightmare since those are the first things you've got to live up to.

No one Indie scale will ever make it. Too many things to live up to

Apparently they've done "5 full days" of work but they've only got one incomplete model to show for it. No word on music, graffiti or animations.

>MFW I'll never get another JSRF game

Not surprising

Digimon World too

No PC version for the new ones, so there's a market

-------- Format
----[ Recap ]----
Game: Mech Game I need to find a name for
Dev: Dev name I need to find a name for
Tools: UE4, Blender, Gimp
Web:
Progress:
+ Object pooling is in for bullets, giving a good boost to the performance
+ Have an idea for how to do a melee system, prototyped it
+ Some camera shake
- Wasted a lot of time trying to design some mechs, failed
- Have an idea for a mechanic about "shifting" the mech's power, no idea how to implement its controls in a way that doesn't suck.

Digimon World is a big task too. Doable I guess, but it'll live or die on your art

>JSRF is just too ambitious. Nothing indie scale has the resources.
im not intimately familiar with this game but isnt the gameplay just crazy taxi on skates? (go to objective, repeat)

>Those pokemon rip-off games are totally justified since Nintendo doesn't make any pc pokemon games
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo/Hudsonsoft would understand.

*unsheathes beam katana*
*teleports behind you*

janky as fuck

strawpoll.com/ewr8gh42

well, Veeky Forums?

What does simple and addictive gameplay has to do with the large open world with lot of interactive objects and variety of player models with shitton of high quality animations that yhou have to implement?

Does this game not count or have yous just not heard of it?
store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover__Revolt_Of_Gamers/

>females aren't allowed to be gay
Retarded poll. Remake it with better answers this time.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Seasons Past
Dev: ambientdev
Tools: GM: S, Photoshop
Web: no one visits it anyway
Progress:
+ new art assets, new attack system
- need to figure out how to cycle through instances, make the dash into an actual dash rather than teleportation, need special effects
what's janky about it

genuinely curious

dont answer a question with a question.

Where is "I fuck anything that is cute enough" variant?

Gentle reminder that doing any planning whatsoever or taking down any kind of notes is a waste of valuable time you could have spent actually MAKING your game and if you do, you're not gonna make it.

the swing animation is really unnatural, and just going up and spamming attack for a while until someone dies is runescape tier combat

>polls have to be geared towards everyone
this one is about male sexuality you moron

you have 3 options for variants of bisexuality, pick the one that best fits you

ok so animations for when they take damage and special effects for the blade swing

do the sprites themselves look good tho?

@183677438
Don't reply to me ever again, cumstain.

Apparently that's what nodevs really believe.

no

How far do I have to lean before I'm "straight leaning bi?" Like what if I prefer women 50.01% over men 49.99%? 60/40? Do I check "bisexual" or am I closer to heteroflexible?

do the sprites look better than this

>/egg/ put /agdg/ in a list of undesirables
What happened?

>pick the one that best fits you
There is no one. I'm completely hetero and just fuck cute girls but rarely sometimes it is just happens that cute girl have a male body. But that's not a reason not to fuck her since she is cute? But you normies with your stupid normie black/white gradations for sexuality would definitely tell me that fucking a cute girl is gay.

probably a false flag from discord

Can anyone give me a quick rundown about what AGDG is exactly? I'm a budding game designer, and am interested in participating.

lurk more faggolio

just bi

It's about shitposting mainly. You can join anytime, this will change nothing anyway.

/agdg/ stands for Amateur Game Development General and is a general filled with amateur game developers.

Decent art, animations suck, and the shading/disappearing building thing in the third post makes me wanna barf for some reason.

Are you sure you wanna go for click based attacking in a non-turn based game?
If so, going with larger sprites might be smarter, otherwise it's gonna be a tad frustrating for the player. Look into diablo's combat for inspiration. (Ie. lotsa aoe based attacks)

what does cute girl with a male body mean? a shemale? or do you mean a muscular female?

Gameplay isn't the problem. The problem is image & cult following.

Gameplay & coding will be the easiest part. But you've got an instantly recogisable, distinct, meme-able and above all else absolute earworm filled soundtrack that is the number one thing that comes to mind. So you need a talented sound guy. Second is art. While not complex it's distinct, vibrant and varied. So you need a skilled artist who can churn out a ton of really solid assets. But then EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER DANCES, So your animator better know his shit too. Oh and Graffiti. Let alone the fact it had it's own paint editor to make your own it came with hundreds of talented artwork. Many of which several city councils would love to boast about. So that alone is a nightmare to live up to. Good art with a choice.

JSRF isn't a complex game to play. But it'd be a very difficult game to make. You'd be held to a standard most spiritual successor wouldn't be. Since instead of just gameplay you've got to live up to a feeling. A feeling that was made from several different factors. You can't just make 2D Harvest moon or Dark Souls and get a solid comparison. Skimping in any one area would make the "game" feel disappointing. Skimping in more than one just makes it far worse.

It's a too resource intensive dream for indie devs. Only a big studio could manage it. But alas the rights are in limbo

youtu.be/ugo6ASPVu9g

>this one is about male sexuality you moron
There is zero indication that the poll is about male sexuality until you read the answers. And then you just have to assume it's a question for males only.
Why even add the "I'm a female" option at all? Why not put (male) in the question title or something?
Why not make two polls, one for females, one for males?

you don't have to click things to target them anymore, you just left click to dash at your target and attack
>the shading/disappearing building thing in the third post makes me wanna barf for some reason.
ok i'm going to look into changing that because people keep bringing it up

Gamedevs and others come to talk about making games, related topics and post progress they've made.

These "walking" animations piss me off.
how does one move by doing a little jig on the spot?

why the room was still lit even when you already left it? you didn't solve LOS yet?

why get so butthurt about a shitty spam poll?

post your ideas you filthy ideaguy

Nothing happened. Just some retard who copied every general's tag and put it in their OP.
/kspg/ did this last year. Several times just putting every general's tag in the OP. Eventually they started getting deleted for doing that shit.

Soundtrack didn't live up. Gameplay diverged too much. No Graffiti.

It's good but it's not JSRF

Not the dev, but it's prolly filler animations, since he keeps asking about the sprites whenever someone brings em up.

>The problem is image & cult following.
no point trying to compete on marketing... especially when you're competing with a past game who's userbase is fine with just reliving the past.
wait until its another 20 years old and if no hits based on it have been made you can make the undertale equivalent (a cheaper easier to make version of earthbound) for JSRF.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Ironmash!
Dev: Norby
Tools: Unity, Paint.net, Inkscape
Web:
Progress:
+More adjustments for balance
+Redrawn some sprites
-Not much else, really

>Why not put (male) in the question title or something?
because when you follow the link to a poll you have the impulse to answer. if the poll doesnt apply to you it's likely youll just check an answer for the hell of it anyway so it's best they have an appropriate checkbox to avoid troll results.

>Why not make two polls, one for females, one for males?
not enough wiminz. no one cares

Those are only not fine because they're literally pokemon

They can't copyright gameplay. The idea of Nintendo or someone suing the creator of Stardew Valley is absurd.

hahaha yeah filler animations...

i need to figure out what someone walking looks like