Can someone explain why the si isn't automatic?

Whats so special about it? Most other automakers that have a sport oriented model of a compact make them with autos or dcts. What the fuck is hondas issue? Apparently its really a heritage thing for them being that they never offered a auto in the superior sporty si. Lol get real...even the old ones weren't that great

You can already get it in an automatic though.

yeah but acrua is meh

Doesn’t have the upgraded suspension or LSD that the Si has

muh 3/10 troll threads

Manual-only is the reason I didn't buy one.
I sit in stop-and-go traffic on pretty steep inclines every morning. It's exhausting.

because its for enthusiasts

This is what I don't get

They won't make manual high trim civics or accords but will only make a manual si

You're a bitch. Even without the hill start assist that comes with the civic, it's not that difficult or exhausting to drive manual in traffic.

The primary demographic that buys Civic Si's are people who want a manual transmission, i.e ricers and young car guys.

And what would an automatic bring of value for an economy sports car that barely breaks 200 horsepower? Absolutely nothing.

SI = twin cam. and manual only because hondas "sports" version of the civic sice been replaced with the designation RS

There's a rumor going around on a forum I'm in that they're ditching the ILX for an electric car. I could see it, new civic is better than the ILX.

Yeah driving manual in traffic once in a while isnt bad but when your sitting in it for like 1-2 hours a day it gets old real quick.

It's because hi trim civics and accords are bought by soccer moms and oven-dodging boomers. The Si is bought by people that actually enjoy driving so naturally it would have a manual because if you actually enjoy driving and are not just a badge-whore then you know how to drive stick.

if you are sitting in a car for 1-2 hours a day for a job that doesn't pay enough for you to have two care then you need to quit.

The issue with honda is that they hold on to the SI badge like its gold. Si's are mainly bought by boy racers and idiots who brandwhore the si name around. Hyundai is beating the shit out of honda with the es. Plus the jetta gli and the golf gti are bot better cars and offer dct

>DCT

Off urself k

>Hyundai

pussy af

E C O B O O S T

Then buy the trim level below it then flashpro to get si power
You dont need 0.25" lower "upgraded suspension" or LSD for commuting in traffic faggot

This

I’m not even arguing for the “can’t drive manual in traffic” meme. Just think it should be offered for people who are disabled or don’t want to drive stick period.

you mericans still can't get the Type R?

Disabled people use vans so along with handicap conversion make type R Odessey
Honda will NEVER make any sport model automatic. Thats the point of "sport".
Thats like having mazda make a automatic miata. Dct/auto takes that connection between driver &car away in cars with less than 200hp, not counting exotic/supercars with purpose buillt DCT's that cost more than that civic.
Find another car that suits your own driving personality

are you serious?

>type r odessey
>no sport autos from honda

dude shut the fuck up

Then why even get an Si if you're just going to be stuck in traffic? At that point it doesn't matter if you're in a camry or a porsche 918

I think he means they sold it in low volumes, it sold out quickly, and the dealer markup was ridiculous, not that it's not in this country yet.

Read nigger
I said make your own odessey since
said disabled person might want to drive sporty car and they usually get van/suv

Once again...shut the fuck up. If you think its a easy task to make a type r odyssey you are the disabled one. Go ahead use the bisimoto odyssey as an example. dumbass.