/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.
-It also features a currently unused message about Miiverse being shut down.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked.
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/
twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
twitter.com/endrift/status/887762371875225600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

If anything your posts actually remind me that it's a thing and make me check on its progress. I wasn't even actually expecting them to get some of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl to load.

Whats the proper way to load 3ds code.bin in ida?

I've been converting them to .elf using the code.bin and exheader.bin and loading them as arm little endian but i can't help but think this is wrong somewhow.

I'm aware some people are using decompilers but I ain't paying for that shit.

Same, it's neat to see how much it's actually progressing. GBARunner2.

Ok juggle user was right, i was just being stupid.

That's the correct way to do it as far as I know.

ah, good to know then thanks.
I'm used to having my ass wiped from the old days when we loaded in xbox360 .xex we had custom loaders do it for us.
I'm really shit at reverse engineering anyway but i like to dabble.

>I'm aware some people are using decompilers but I ain't paying for that shit.
I'm not. Tell me more.
Isn't IDA a decompiler? Isn't IDA paid software for anything that isn't ARM, which happens to be used by the 3DS?

Well I was actually interested in using CFW on my DSi but it has firmware 1.3U and the only way to "update" to 1.4U is to hardmod, or update normally to 1.4.5U and then hardmod to downgrade lol

I heard that there's a new hack coming out for DSi using preloaded software. Using that you should be able to edit NAND to downgrade to 1.4

>making two threads early just to remove DNS information

XD

Setting your DNS to 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020 blocks the update.

I forget what the actual parts called but it's another part of ida you can buy, perhaps the ray product.
I believe the scene devs use it to easily get at the symbols and such whenever they've been left in and have a much cleaner view of the decompiled code than you would letting ida go at it normally, a premium upgrade of sorts.
You can see chatter about it on their twitter feeds sometimes, these days it's mostly switch bantz.

I wish soundhax could be ported to the DSi

They're probably completely different code bases, something like that isn't usually ported. That's not to say there aren't vulnerabilities that can't be exploited though.

real thread

>using dns to block updates
>not deleting the update folder to begin with

new wii u exploit wh- oh shit

was the lfcs in OP banned?

cuz my 3ds is banned again

pretty sure there's a new zippyshare floating around

Changing the DNS didn't work for me, and I was using one of the "safe" ones.

I'm using those two and they definitely work. Straight out of the guide.

Did you actually leave your second DNS as 0.0.0.0? Because if you fill both fields, the only way it should fail is if they weren't created right. Because if they both go offline, your internet simply wouldn't load. But if you had 0.0.0.0 then you actually allowed it to pass through.

Maybe it's because I still had the quick play menu thing still on, some people have been saying that allows for updates even if with the DNS set up.

>The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
what now

Is it possible to reinstall 5.5.1 on a updated Wii U?
Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm just considering the possibilities.

If you have the means to do so, you don't need to.
I suppose you could revert the browser which would be even better than a complete downgrade, unless it's enforcing the versions i haven't looked.

So... CECH-2501B serial PS3's still can't be homebrewed?

Been a month, vita slim froze while using adrenaline, decided to reboot, instead getting a black screen after ps logo, pressing power button turns the screen off and on though.
recovery mode doesn't start at all, gets stuck on ps logo.
Has anyone encountered this problem?

depends on the minimum downgrade version silly

>have the entire 3DS / DS library available to play
>the most fun I had with the system besides the first days of ACNL update was hacking it
>3DS scene looks kinda complete by now, nothing has been left unhacked, no new discoveries

i'm only hoping the DSi scene blows up with something cool to do.

RocketLauncher will be out soon but I doubt it will be useful without another exploit that lets you downgrade

>have entire Nintendo-fucking-everything and PS Vita libraries available
>play PS4 instead

The pirate's curse is fucking real

any info on the possibility of putting CFW on the new 2dsxl? I'd like to get one to replace my old 3dsxl, but it definitely needs to be hackable before I pick it up.

btfo

alright so i did that minvercheck thing, and both of my ps3's say they can be downgraded to 3.40
SO IT'S GOOD? I CAN ACTUALLY DO IT?!?!?!

>tfw .4.1
Into the cupboard it returns.
Fuck knows why i even have one i don't recall buying it.

Hmm that makes sense. I haven't had that issue, but I disabled "Standby Functions" just to be safe.

go get yourself an e3 flasher

read the fucking OP

Doesn't make sense really, without reverting to hardcoded network addresses it's at the complete mercy of your local network to forward it's requests and then the rest of the world to ferry them about.
If it has hardcoded you'd think it would try them out when the dns fails quick play or not, like windows 10 does.

tb-h the more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems. dns blocking has worked perfectly for mii.

I did, nothing relevant

Is the GSM option in OPL just an upscaler or it changes the internal resolution of the game?

It's an upscaler. 90% of games would run out of VRAM if it upped the internal res

I read that I can install b9s on a N3ds XL with 11.5 OFW by way of hardmodding. Is this true? I don't have access to system transfer.

anyone have a working public LFCS_B? the one in OP is broke

OP MOTHERFUCKER DID YOU READ IT?

Dammit dragonball fusions seems to have gotten more qr codes, now i need to add them to the injector reeeeeeee

i used to do it using the first disc of final fantasy 9, and it worked for most things.

That doesn't surprise me.

So my Wii U is on 5.5.1 with the old Loadiine method on it (go to the website to enter homebrew launcher, etc). How do I get myself up to date with Mocha or Haxchi? Will I still be able to use Loadiine for modded games like #FE and XCX?

Ok I think it's finally time to update my DS after being behind for like a year, I'm still on Rxtools and want to update to all the newest shit, what's the correct procedure for it? I only see a shit load of guides on the link and I'm kinda confused, please help.

I forgot to mention I'm on 11.2.

Does anyone know a failproof way of reinstalling Streetpass Mii Plaza? I somehow corrupted it a few weeks ago, and I tried pretty much everything (Installing a new CIA, updating the console, etc.) short of reformating the DS.

Post your home screen faggots

Alright, dumbass question but are there any specific SD card brands I need to not buy for Wii U? I plan on hacking my Wii U from a guide I read that made it seem pretty simple

You still haven't fixed it? Reinstalling it should have taken care of it just what the fuck did you do to destroy it outright?!
Reformatting wouldn't work anyway that just reinitializes the ctrnand of which the streetpass is not stored in.

I used it yesterday worked just fine

the guide in the op is probably fine

how do I find a new unboxed DS lite or DSi in 2017 without spending a ridiculous amount of money?

Just buy a used DSi, they're dirt cheap at the moment. I bought one last year on ebay for $25 and it was mint condition with the box and everything.

I sadly don't remember. I tried something like backing up the save data with JKSM I think, nothing extravagant like cheating to get the games or anything.

I just did. Sorry man.

A question, when the guide say to launch 'x' app should I launch it from the SysNAND or EmuNAND?

Is there any repository for some gm9 scripts? I want to know what cool stuff can be done with it.

Yes, ELF conversion is the proper way.
Note that nedwill's ctr-elf is broken with built-in systme modules. Private tools exist that do this better.

IDA is a disassembler. The vendor, Hex-Rays, also sells decompilers, which attempt to generate pseudo-C from assembly functions. However, the results vary greatly. The decompilers are four digits a pop, per architecture.

I'm surprised to find someone actually trying to moralfag in this shit. I'm pretty sure the entire scene except maybe yellows8 pirates IDA and decompilers.

btw what are you REing? I get the feeling you're probably doing a duplicated effort

I recommend you to check if they are pirated SD cards, I bought one when I was going to pirate my 3DS and it gave me a lot of problems
I used an app called SD insight or something like that
If they are legit I don't think you will have a problem

I still can use Mocha right? Or the update doesnt let me use the navegator if I dont update

If I get a N2DS can I system transfer with my hacked O3DS, hack the N2DS, then system transfer back to the O3DS? I want to upgrade, but I also want to keep this account on the O3DS. Preventing you from back transferring seems like something Nintendo would do.

I'm gonna update to Luma right now, I was just downloading everything I need when I came across
>The otherapp payload (for your version and region)
What version should I download? The one from my SysNAND(9.2.0-20U) or my EmuNAND(11.2.0-35U)?

Alright, I'll aim for trusted sellers even if it costs a little more. Will a Sandisk 32GB work?

Not so much moralfagging as unsure of difficulties with newer versions, plus theres always the off chance the cracks full of malware.
99% of my shit is pirated though.

Currently I wanted to stop streetpass plaza from deducting playcoins since i'm getting annoyed having to keep topping them up with other programs.
Primary purpose is to analyse unusual savegame checksum algorithms which i'm enthusiastic about but dogshit at. My old group of friends had computer forensic guys in it, they were great at it. 2 of them are 3ds trainer devs at the moment.

so can i go online with this shit once i do everything on 3ds-guide.b4k.co/ or should i avoid it?

Dont know, never tried one
I use toshiba for wii u and kingston for 3ds but I think you will be okay

Disable spotpass and sending of system info in the settings just because it's none of their business.
Then you can do whatever you want, theres no proof it helps but it certainly won't make it worse.

>Currently I wanted to stop streetpass plaza from deducting playcoins since i'm getting annoyed having to keep topping them up with other programs.
You'd probably have a better time with patches for:
a. fs (disallowing write to playcoin archive from streetpass plaza),
b. streetpass plaza itself (skip past the code).
The problem with (b) is that Luma only lets you drop full code.bins, whereas (a) can be dynamic patches in patcher.c in a Luma fork.
>analyse unusual savegame checksum algorithms
That one's probably going to be a lot, but most certainly not fun. Good luck.

You probably ought to be in #cakey.

Anyone? please? I don't want to fuck up.

I just bought one for my Wii U and it works fine.

holy shit

twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600

SciresM must be seething

Good to know, but no matter how far they get, we probably won't see any kind of release in the next 2 years. Just like with the Wii U.

I'm setup for compiling luma so thats no problem, I suppose I could even make a ntr plugin to overwrite the calls to deduct in memory.
I did ask here about write protection of the gamecoin.dat yesterday but apparently thats 'dumb', maybe i asked the wrong thing.

As for the gamesaves I used to make lots of save editors for the xbox360 so it's an old hobby of mine to do this. The lads often just replicated the register movements observed into whatever language we used at the time, efficiency be damned.

Thanks for the input you've given me stuff to think about.

Bumping for interest, I'm on the same situation.

You're welcome. Godspeed to you.
This is the moralfag team. The only release you even have a hope of seeing is a walled-garden homebrew launcher like with the 3DS.

that was fast

Probably the same shit they used to dump the 3DS bootroms: hardware glitching. Nothing impressive to see here, move along.

Most of the people publicly working on switch hacks are obviously doing it for attention and will never actually release anything useful
We just have to hope that someone who isn't a dumb redditor actually releases something eventually

>who is SciresM

Someone who admitted to only be working on it for the sake of pokemon datamining and save editing
Do I need to remind you of the shit he retweets? twitter.com/endrift/status/887762371875225600
If you think you're getting anything from him you're retarded

could you re-up it somewhere else please?

>If you think you're getting anything from him you're retarded

So...nobody knows? My personal guess would be the SysNAND one, since one of the guides mentions it deals only with SysNAND, I just want to be sure, before doing anything I could regret.

Which one is better, DSi or DS lite?

For Mocha/Haxchi: Refer to the guide.
For Haxchi in particular, you'll need to use nnupatcher to access the eShop without updating.
Loadiine will work, but it will also still suck ass compared to CFW alternatives. There may be some modded versions of XCX/#FE encrypted for installation, but they might brick your Wii U. Just do what you need to do.

Are you doing the guide on sysnand or emunand?
There's your answer

a dsi on 1.4.0. Otherwise the ds lite wins every single time.

Wait to see how the DSi hacks shape up.