"""luxury""" car

>"""luxury""" car
>lcd gauge cluster

Reminder that lcd gauge clusters all look outdated and makes a car look cheap

????

Lookin like fuckin sim city

LCD gauge clusters are the best way to put screens in there which can do more than be gauges while still having them look like proper gauges. Lexus does them really well, you can hardly tell they're not actual gauges.

as long as i can see it in daylight, (ahem ducati) its all good

t. sour grapes poorfag

I would take nicely trimmed simple alumium gauges over screen any day

They are cheaper to manufacture too

>black on white
eh

I think as far as guages go, digital amoled ones would be easy on the eyes, a black background and colored secondary/whatever colors. burining shouldn't be a problem, or I don't think it would be too noticeable (just don't use it for slow or mostly stationary things)
>pic related

>check engine light is on
kek

>mfw
Yup, it's a VAG product alright

>2017
>white faced indiglo gauges

Because the car isn't on...

Any car will do that.

I wonder if people had these same conversations about digital ones in the 80s.

had to explain to the 23 year old girl who bought my toyota that nothing was wrong with it even though the battery and check engine light come on when you stick the key in. Some people just aren't mechanically adept

>I wonder if people had these same conversations about digital ones in the 80s.
almost definitely and its probably why they dont show up much anymore, if at all

a lot of 80s meme tech like you see in LE VAPURWAVE XD kiddie images was actually quite short lived either by being obsoleted very quickly or being exactly as chintzy then as it is now

I I feel that some of these will age much better than others, much like how the previous pic aged much better than some of the more over the top cocaine inspired graphics that came out during the era.

These things should be very minimalist, but none of them are.

Reminder that digital gauges are objectively trash and analog gauges will always be superior

>Watch stupid faggots try to argue with these objective facts

That is not an objective fact at all, user.
It's an objectively and subjectively correct opinion backed by research data and authorities on automotive philosophy, and any other opinion is invalid.

Yes they did.
The annoyance over having either "lag" in speed display that thus would never display your actual speed OR something impossible to read because of the speed was a pretty big thing. Heck the lag even survived in some digital displays in cheaper cars all the way to the 2000s.
The more unconventionnal ones were seen as the unpractical novelty they were.

You better get used to lcd clusters, they're not going anywhere this time.

That looks fucking awful. If I wanted my car to look like I was playing a video game I would stay home and play a video game.

>it's literally just the google maps interface
reminder that if you use navigation on your phone ever it means you play video games instead of driving and need to gtfo