twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for HK206 makes this game unfun
first for Tripp makes this game unfun
first for playing melees that aren't Tripp makes this game unfun

60 fps lock makes this game unfun

Imani is the best

Fuck Tripp, she belongs in another game

>get game
>first character I buy is sven cause hes 5k and hes a motherfucking hilarious alchemist
>friend downloads game
>likes it
>buys 30$ pack
>gives me the starterpack code
>it comes with sven
>basically wasted 5k
fuckkkkk
>assassin with the best stealth in the game
>assassin with the fastest movespeed in the game
>assassin with the best stealth and 25% movespeed talent stealth
>assassin with the highest raw damage in the game
>cerberus doesnt reveal stealth

>yfw ur playing a squishy immobile character

General newfag guide is up.

pastebin.com/AUxrWXgu

Anything else I should mention in it?

Tripp isn't much of a problem if you have a Margrave, Knossos or someone with some relative form of lockdown or burst for her.

HK is pretty annoying though, not enough to make the game unfun however.

What do those dragons you can buy do? Should I buy them or obelisk?

>play tripp
>always most hero damage on team
>always most kill
>never fucking die
I just wish I had another assassin besides bird shitter, I just don't get how to play him since he's slower than tripp and more vulnerable

Just get an obelisk user.

How many rare cards have you came across /gigg/?

Where is the live blood of any general? memes?

how to mozu?

This game definitely suffers from the Talent trap of hots etc

So many bad talents, so many talent descriptions that don't elaborate on certain things

i.e if a talent applies BURNING there is missing tick information, (Looking at you margrave)
Some just say "increases damage" without actually telling you the %
its kind of irritating really

also not being able to view them without being in practice

So what are your thoughts on the game so far?

that sounds like something a shill would ask, do you work for gigantic?

who absolutely shits on HK206?
Tripp isn't able to burst him hard enough
Stunning him doesnt taken him out of fortify
He gets a fuckton of defense and has what iwant to say is the highest dps in the game

Doesn't seem right that there is no 1v1 counter to him, so there must be one

Needs to have an aiming penalty or something in fortify so that if someone gets behind you you get fucked for it, and have to leave fort

I was working on one myself. I'll use some of the info you provided and post it soon.

no, I'm just slightly interested in the game and I'm trying to nurture that interest so I can have something to fill the existential hole somewhere down the line

no one?

Memes for user.

mistforge.org/build_viewer?build_id=229

Mozu is fairly straight forward; medium-long range and can pepper down someone pretty quick. Play in practice mode a couple times and try his augments.

And yeah, the aug system certainly has its flaws. But you could inform yourself with mistforge, youtube stuff or just compiling your own info.

dead general

Alright, I've typed out another guide pastebin. Here it is:
pastebin.com/02vuvau3

I've been playing HK a lot, but Tripp and Knossos wreck my shit if they get close to me. If I'm able to completely focus on only them and they have to get close to me, I can usually win, but in teamfights and I get caught by one, it's usually the respawn point for me.
Also, Charnok's big aoe is pretty good at hitting me since HK's mobility isn't too high, he does crazy damage.

A reminder that only shitters think Tripp and HK are actually broken.

I like the art style but the game mode makes the game into a cluster fuck they should add a payload mode like Paladins and OW.

Cerberus shows invis heroes on mini map and your crosshair will turn red when targeting an invis hero

Any protips for a new player?

wtf man why talk shit on pakko he's top tier

Anyone wanna play some shitty low level matches? I accidentally picked a "play in crew" card.

Jiinx#7329

None at the moment since we're all a bit new, but these two seem like good starting points.

what the fuck does "for life" mean? if i get the regular starter pack, they can just take the heroes away?

>he didn't get free founders pack codes
lmao. I don't think I woul still be playing if I had to unlock all heroes. I'm struggling to get 7,5k for obelisk

No, no. The Ultimate Pack is "for life" in you'll get ALL heroes forever, meaning new ones that come out, you'll automatically have the moment they hit live.
The Starter pack is merely for 8 heroes, you'll keep them forever, but you won't get any hero after them without buying them with Crowns or Rubies.

I appreciate the information. Seems kinda pointless considering once you get the couple you want, you'll endlessly have loads of gold for new ones.

Maybe, but it depends on how frequent and how good new cosmetics are. HK's Heavy skins are super sexy.

>Play bot matches.
>Bored, camped by Margrave
>Win.

>Play first real match
>Can't kill shit after 5 kills since people don't appear.
>Tripp EVERYWHERE I THINK I WANT TO GO even if I hump my own team's Margrave's demonic arm for support
>Camped by enemy Margrave
>Still win because faggot griefers chasing me around as Beckett

Oh god Beckett is fucking terrible but I love her. I know if I pick Sniper McWhorebag I'll just get camped by Tripp the entire fucking century.

Game ALREADY needs 2 bans a match

Becket seems really fun, her jetpack seems like the only less than steller ability in her kit from what I hear.

Man, playing Tripp is like being a fucking high speed virtual-on character versus some Armored Core 1 potatoes.

You just can't be stopped, and no matter what it seems you can outrun anybody BEFORE you hit the stamina. That ain't right. FUN BUT NOT RIGHT.

Bonus points for almost being in 100% of matches. The one time there wasn't a Tripp the game actually lasted a few back and forths in the clash..

>Does 0 damage
>Jetpack sucks
>Dies in 3 hits to Tripp, Margrave, Imani,Trevor Belmont: Street Douche

She's nothing but UNPLAYABLE FUN mediocrity. I wish HK was worse

I think I might buy her to try out. Her and HK, save up for Aisling or someone else later on.

Got 13k. Who would you recommed? I like HK, and I'm definitely getting, but I want to branch out a bit.

This is most defs better than mine.

Good job user.

>lost 6 games in a row

i like this game but it sucks losing all the time

Yeah, losing is always sour, but the games go by pretty fast for me not to get too bummed out at them.

>Only leaver penalty is getting no xp/card awards

Since you're losing, there's no gains anyway

> Snipe as HK
> 500+ Dmg

>Getting the upgrade that gives max damage at all ranges
>Getting the Charge up on the Rail-Gun

>numbering them

stop

Drakes suck shit, since they nerfed creatures a while back they provide nothing. Before they at least had a ton of health, they wouldn't do much but they could take a hit and it took a few enemies to take one out, now they have nothing going for them over any of the other actual useful creatures.

Obelisks require hardcore coordination to get any use of, and even then they're useful in very specific situations. If you're solo Q and you insist on carrying an Obelisk, putting them on the middle point is a good way to bait enemies into attacking it and letting your team sweep up some free kills in the center as well as the inevitable ranged enemies that are sitting on the top of the ramps going to the C/enemy equivalent points.

He's one of the more enjoyable characters.

People say he's a bastion clone but I'm pretty sure bastion just sits in turret form while on HK position is extremely important.

> that 400 shield pop

>Snipe as Imani
>200 damage and the "HEY I'M IMANI" card being lit the fuck up.

Also, why is it that half the time, Tripp's Lightning Slide of instakill does nothing even on contact? Bad hitbox?

Oh yeah, I play Overwatch, and Bastion isn't anywhere nearly as satisfying to play as HK. His Sentry Mode, which is when he's walking around, is basically just a shittier Soldier 76 with a massive hitbox that makes him melt in 2 seconds to anything.
His Turret Mode also sucks shit since so many meta heroes have no problems with it and it makes you a sitting duck most of the time instead of an actual death machine.

Simply sprinting around as HK is fun as shit.

So why isn't this game more popular?

Just came out with little advertising, had an assload of development hell, was originally a WIn10 exclusive, which pissed people off, before Microsoft dropped the company, a company came back and started working on the game for free and it became a passion project, and now Perfect World funded them and it's out on Steam and Xbone.
This game has gone through a lot of shit.

how do you remove the numbers after your name? i see people with just their name

Those were older arc users, they added the number system at some point.

Mozu is my waifu

Is gigantic worth trying for a night?

been looking at it since beta and had a key but didnt have windows 10.

it looks like that kind of moba/whatever where all the actual fun heroes are extremely underpowered and everyone just picks the fast imba unkillable assassin type chars without any real consideration for team comp

I would unironically shill for free desu, because it's a fun game and former GW devs were working it.

Mozu is for hugs, not fugs.

I wouldn't say the fun heroes are underpowered, Tyto, Ramsay, Voden, and Wu are the "fun" heroes and they're pretty damn good, Wu especially is apparently really hard to play correctly but is on the top of the leaderboards.
Tripp probably fills that "Unkillable assassin" type you're talking about judging from how everyone always complains about her, but I don't think any hero, in particular, is unfair.

Mozu and HK are two characters I've been playing an I have a blast on both. I say it's worth a try for a night at least.

I really hope this game lasts and succeeds. Paladins and Battleborn I thought were boring as hell and couldn't get into, but this is pretty damn fun with how fast and bouncy everything is.

long as theres a reason to pick more than half the roster i'll try it out

definitely not looking forward to the free hero rotation but i supose i'll just support the devs if i want less f2p features

The rotation isn't so bad, it's different for every player, and it gives you a character of one of the classes each and a wildcard.

holy shit its takes long to get gold this is as bad as hots

>One shit map Maybe two? Only got the desert canyon in a few games
>Tripp cancer.
>Curbstomps so fast you can barely learn the game
>Leavers
>In one month, this game will have shit matchmaking.
>Some characters have gimmick traps in builds that'll ruin your effectiveness, while others have straightforward builds!

I want to believe in Gigantic, but I'm on that fence of faith and faithlessness. Then again, hard to git gud when outclassed by mm already.

Dude no, she's good if when played right.
Her damage is still reasonable, you just need to learn how to work with it.

Upgrade the jetpack to the sprint jetpack (or w/e) it's called, use this to get away from all those stinky assassins.

There are three maps as far as I know.

None of the maps are particularly bad imo, but that's just me. Tripp isn't much of a problem for me either, but I tend to stay with my team and if I get caught out, it's on me.
It's actually impressive how common comebacks are in this game, the wound and Guardian mechanics mean it's almost always possible for the enemy team to take back ground if they start acting competently.
Getting leavers fucking sucks, 100% since it makes actually winning a match almost impossible if the enemy team isn't playing like shit, but leavers aren't a problem exclusive to this game, sadly.

Mozu is CUTE!

Play some bot games to get used to how a couple heroes control and their builds

Anyone wanna try a few games together?

i sure love getting matched against premades and getting raped

this game still has the same shit matchmaking it did 2 years ago from the closed test

>tfw you play on Xbone and have yet to run into a single premade
One of the benefits I guess.

I think we should hold off on the generals for the moment. Let the game stand on it's on two feet for a bit, see if it lasts, and let the threads on /v/ be enough for discussion for right now

Normally I'd assume so, but I'm not sure how competent these devs are so I figure I should ask
If I buy the starter pack and already own 2 of the heroes in it, will I get the crowns I spent on them refunded?

Also is it correct that Griselma is currently the weakest hero?

She's not as good as she used to be, her hands used to melt through heroes and creatures. There was a point in time where she could have up to three as well, it was insane.

>If I buy the starter pack and already own 2 of the heroes in it, will I get the crowns I spent on them refunded?
Nope
it's one of the suggestions on ribbit so might happen at some boint
I'd just go the full mile for ultimate pack but I dunno how willing you are to spend money on f2p
Griselma is weak but perfectly usable
really annoying to play against

Fuck off retard it isn't a hero shooter. Go back to grinding loot boxes and tapping to D.va

I'm really not sure this game is worth $30 yet

$10 I'd be okay with if it meant I could buy a 10k hero with the refund, but if it doesn't refund it's pretty stupid.

>no oce servers

lol

No one ever lives there pablo.

Is there anyone more pathetic than Knossos mains?

At least Tripp mains know they are pondscum but bullfags are completely oblivious to their cancerous existence

Did you make this?

nope

Beckett a best, no exceptions

Beckett is an annoying dyke

Take it back

Annoying. Dyke.

feelsgoodman wu edit when?

Reminder never to make a Discord for this general. Discord always splitsgenerals, turs them into inside joke cireclejerks, and then leads to the geenrals dying. If you're hungry for Gigantic discussion outside of Veeky Forums just join the official Gigantic Discord server.

Should probably ask for when in the /v/ threads, how that Smug Wu happened.

How is Pakko? I just want to play him because of his looks

What do you have against playing with others from here?

He's gud just learn to land snowball. Big lovable utility tank

Pakko best tank cause he too cute to attack
He smile and enemy fall over
I certainly not Pakko so you can big trust me

Pretty good. Lots of CC and tankiness if you stick close to enemies, just be sure to land your snowball.

Anyone encounter the "Gigantic needs an update" bug/error when trying to join lobbies with friends?

I dont have any friends to play with so I wouldnt know

hey i made that on /v/
t-thanks for saving it

>Tripp insta locker feeds all game.
JUST

It was pretty good, I liked the ones that came from it, too.