GT86/BRZ/FR-S need Veeky Forumspinions

What's /o's opinion on the Toyota GT86, Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S? Isn't it a perfect playground for people to tune the shit out of it without selling their house and organs for the parts? The price tag on those in almost new shape is extremely realistic for mortals and in general it looks like a fun car to drive with, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFO_gaR7ZYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a very fun car. It get s abad rep here because of benchracers. It's not the fastest car there is, not going to say that. But it is fun

slower than a minivan

overpriced

>what's Veeky Forums's opinion
please stop with this shit. if it's not a 3k meme civic Veeky Forums will proceed say stupid shit about any car and a discussion will not be formed

asking Veeky Forumss opinion on this car was a bad idea
they all hate it for very hypocrytical reasons

yes its slow but so is a miata and all the other slow shitboxes Veeky Forums loves.

low power also means cheap to insure and the engine isnt stressing itself so wont catastrophically explode,

also if you outgrow the power the aftermarket for this car is near infinite, you could buy a turbo kit and have it installed for basically nothing,

its good looking as hell in my opinion and can be easily customised with the infinite aftermarket,

can be basically turned into a car for any purpose,

if your a scrub when it comes to racing / drifting or whatever you want this for its super controllable and easy which is also helped by the low power,

it was designed to be able to drift from stock,

easy to work on,

real enthusiast car,

its safe in crashes,

idk what else to say, dont listen to Veeky Forums
also get one second hand you can find em breddy cheap.

It really isn't one of the faster cars out there, there are faster cars in this price range (here in GER brand new about 28-35k €uros). But for like 10k more for a new turbo and compressor it sure gets it's 500-700 hp without much wear n tear. Speed is nice, I get it but there's nothing like an acceleration from hell itself. And those cars weigh almost nothing.

>easy to work on
t. never worked on boxer engine.
>have a turbo installed for basically nothing
a turbo is 4k and install would be another 2k.
I also believe that this is a great car but these two points need fixing. Also not trying to be a meme but the torque dip and torque in general are pathetic.

hold it buddy what's wrong with civics?

well yeah changing spark plugs and shit sucks but i mean they are easy to modify and do stuff to, people have been modding and doing stuff to subies with versions of the same engine for forever so its not like every possible problem or job isnt well documented.

depends on the turbo
depends who installs it

i get where your coming from with these points though

it's become a meme. So much so that finding even a decent 3k civic that hasnt been thrashed is near impossible
very true if the vape fucks can figure it out I guess anyone can.
Yea it would depend on the turbo but if you want one that isn't going to erupt is 5k miles best to just get a brand name, and I understand your other point too if you have close relations with an actual good mechanic

Thank's user, thinking about getting one for about 20k.
Isn't quite the Supra I'd love to have, but still a car worth to put work in and having fun with.

what would ya buy in deutschland for that money?

It was designed for something retarded that no one does but says they do if they're 12 year old ricebois. Drifting.
This ruined the car from design up.
If you track or car or even want to have fun on the street, there are a million different cars you can get which are better.

The most direct superior car to this would be a hardtop miata.

Go to a Subaru or Toyota dealer and look at the cars in their employee lot. The modified ones usually belong to the mechanics. Cosmetic modifications are usually done by the sales staff. But this is a general reference to how easy it is and cheap it is to upgrade a car.

A few of the techs I know drive supped up WRXs with built motors, upgraded intercooler, bigger turbo, coilovers and completely new exhausts. A couple of others drive stock legacy wagons and not a single toyabura in sight.

should i avoid buying an automatic frs?

for the love of the car yes forget about it

yes

As an owner of a brz with buyers remorse, I'll tell you not to waste your time with these cars. If you want a good track rat or drift car, find a used 350z for ~5 grand. If you want a nice canyon carver that you can flog, get a Miata for 5k. If you want something for daily driving, literally anything is cheaper, more comfortable and more practical.

When I bought mine, I was a single guy living in an apartment with a single parking space so I needed something that could do it all, autoslalom, track days, daily driving, long road trips where I need to take lots of luggage. I also wasn't able to do any work on my own so I wanted something new with a warranty.

It made a lot of sense at the time but its so niche that it doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore. I'm now married, we bought a house and now shes pregnant. It will be fine while the kids are small but once they're big, it won't work anymore so I'm looking to sell the car now to replace with something more practical. I'm hoping I can get 10k for it so I can buy a toy and a daily outright.

interesting

way

you

type

m8

go back

the manual is faster than a minivan the auto isnt.

That doesn't sound like buyer's remorse at all.

Sounds like you got the car you wanted when you bought it but your needs changed and the BRZ couldn't fulfill those needs. That's not the car's fault. Your life just changed in a way that the car couldn't accommodate. That's not buyer's remorse. That's just a change in priorities.

Sounds like you need to simply buy your wife a family car.

Do what I did. Buy an 04 4runner v8.

Frs for pleasure. 4runner for everything else.

Oh yah. Also. If u sell for 10k. That's 20k you just lost.

This car should not depreciate much more from current price.

So keeping it would make more sense.

You'd get more than $10k.

All I can add to the discussion was that the BRZs I've see at the track hold their own and are often much faster than I expected.

Sounds like you just got fucking boring. DONT BUY A FUN CAR BECAUSE HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE AMIRITE

Lol just buy a camaro, a 370z, or a used Porsche
Or even the miata, it's even better at the lightweight car niche than these things

>buy a car that suits me
>I and my circumstances change and the car no longer suits me

I don't think you know what buyer's remorse is

>modding a low power well balanced car instead of getting a powerful car and balancing it

>I'm now married, we bought a house and now shes pregnant. It will be fine while the kids are small but once they're big, it won't work anymore so I'm looking to sell the car now to replace with something more practical.
So you're selling your car because you will need more space 6 years from now? I'm a Dad with a 3 year old son. My BRZ is fine for Dad duty.

>Or even the miata, it's even better at the lightweight car niche than these things
Some people don't want to spend 25k on a 2 seat convertible. The Miata is a great car, but a 2+2 fixed hardtop isn't really in the same category as a Miata.

>>modding a low power well balanced car instead of getting a powerful car and balancing it
What is the point in buying a high powered car that has been modified to handle even better if you will never be able to reach the capabilities of the car on public roads?

>Isn't it a perfect playground for people to tune the shit out of it without selling their house and organs for the parts?
No its not

Theres no room for fucking anything, sure the aftermarket is huge but the car is definitely not made any better for tuning than any other car on the market.

>extremely realistic
its extremely over priced for what it is

youtube.com/watch?v=YFO_gaR7ZYg

Watch this series of videos if you don't believe that this car is a huge pain in the ass to tune and mod

You can't actually fit 4 people in the brz.
You can only do 3 people and a baby (the other two adult passengers will be uncomfortable)

Besides, you can find tons of miatas for 15-20k.

20 years from now it will be the only RWD japanese sports car on the used market.

You will see them for a long time because there isn't going to be anything else.

Why are people suggesting the 370z when its a fuck boat to drive on the road.

Yes, an used older japanese car may be better value right now when they are still affordable and can be found.