Can anyone explain why this car bloating is happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5710652/how-cars-are-getting-fatter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>biggest cabin in class

Arms race

Will trend down again in 15 years

You enlarged the images with your epic ms paint skillz

Combination of safety regulating a large flat frontal area for pedestrian safety and and a high beltline for rollover protection and cars becoming more bloated, overstyled and ridiculous looking with the creases and lines for the sake of it and big wheels to appear more premium.

>tfw your shitty shop became an actual car

lmao, they just simply can't make a 2 door anymore.
it ALWAYS has to be a 4 door now.

I mean to be fair the lancer evolution has always been a 4 door

The real problem is nobody buying 2 doors. Cadillac and BMW are both selling and now producing less in favor of memeovers

If you can't make them better, simply make em bigger.
BMW pig nose is best example for that.

See what happened to bulldog race in the last century?
BREEDERS ARE INSANE

People with money often have families. 2DR cars are nearly as useless as motorcycles.

If this is news for you, where have you been the last couple decades?

Because cars are boring enough as is, a coupe and a sedan sit at the same redlight as is.

What I'm trying to say is, motorcycle master rice why get a porsche when you can get a yamaha and make traffic your bitch?

Then you just use a boring ass corolla or something for your shitty as store commutes and driving the kids to school.

Because in a 2 dr coupe or a 4 door sedan has 2-4 comfortable seats, boot space and air conditioning.

Bikes have 1 seat, sometimes space for a pillion passenger (Which is not a comfortable experience.) and as far as storage go, you might be able to strap like 4 litre storage box onto your bike.

Also no airconditioning and 90% of traffic instantly hates you now just because you ride a motorcycle.

Simple its an odd and even numbers thing.

As you can see the r32 and r34 are not bloat.

The r33 and r35 are a bit curvy.

..so if we extrapolate, the r36 will be the nissan gtr the fanboys have waited for.

>the r36 will be the nissan gtr the fanboys have waited for.
haha, in your dreams.

There was a very long period of time in America when a 2 door hardtop/coupe with opera windows was the go-to family car. This lasted until the 80s and started in the 30s when people were afraid that the rear doors would fly open while driving. So 2 door cars may be useless, but they were still wildly popular for a long time.

Photoshop is guilty!

The problem with modern coupes is that the designers are so retarded that they make the doors sixty million miles long, which makes them absolute hell to get in and out of in a tight parking space.

t. G5 owner.

Stereotypes.

South Africa needs trucks easily modified into Guerrilla technicals.

USA needs trucks to carry big, bloated, fat burger eating illiterates.

Basically this

Safety ratings + desired cabin space

it just keeps happening

posting this here in case some haven’t read it, actual comparison of bloating over the years

jalopnik.com/5710652/how-cars-are-getting-fatter

Older Skylines were a evolution of Hakosuka
R35 was a evolution of Kenmeri

The R35 honestly doesn't drive like a big car at all. I was very surprised.

Still would probably rather have an R33 though, but I also really like my 98 Impreza.. so..

Fender flares to cover the massive wheels and tires.
Sound insulation.
Speakers.
Airbags.

i mean whenever someone posts a picture of a bloated car it's photoshopped like yours OP. So that's probably why it's happening..

wind tunnels & computer software ruining our a e s t h e t i c

Yea but you also like trees

Every time i see this pic i just cant believe its real

The whole point of a nice coupe is the long door, faggit.

because you faggots have been spamming thicc memes for too long