The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BuzVyctY_tM
youtube.com/watch?v=2Mg6jfOlULw
youtube.com/watch?v=CTOrnMdFTQE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CTOrnMdFTQE
strawpoll.me/13529008/
xcom.com/xcom-2-stats/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is now a Jake thread

Daily reminder that LW2 is garbage and is only propped up by a bunch of shills

When War of the Chosen drops, it'll be out for a good month, maybe more. Good riddance to that

Did you think you Miscreants would be free because it's Hunter's day? FOOLISH HUMANS! You shan't be allowed to forget that i am THE ELDER'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION! Any who sides with Hunter can only expect ANGUISH in what little remains of their pathetic miserable lives.

Sure hope the Elders don't kill you when the Hunter wins, buddy :^)

Have they showed anything about the new avenger defense missions with the chosen?

I just need to say the Captcha alien ruler boss required to make a new thread was hard as fuck to beat it kept dodging my hits and it had a really high defense and I haven't researched the Veeky Forums pass tech yet and it's already July

Passes are very convenient to research.

>there are people that research to shitpost

Looks like you only grazed the boss too :^)

>if this primate doesn't shut the fuck up...

this image is so fucking good

>Soon

>My face
>My soul

pistols are useful

Just use classic captcha instead

Does anybody know how to turn a twitch clip into webm?

All vipers must fucking hang

Birds kill and eat snakes
Pigeons are fucking everywhere
Coincidence I think not

webm related

how do you use classic captcha

I don't know about just using the site
as is, but 4chanX has it in it's options
menu.

Have you never looked in the settings?

Post your S T E A L T H B O I S.

Is LW2 really that bad? I haven't played it and I only hear bad things, aside from the fact that it has official support.

A fuckton of RNG on the strategic layer making it very possible for the aliens win without you even being able to do anything.

In my deeply flawed casual opinion, on the Tactical side of things, LW2 is really really good. On the strategy side of things, it's flawed and covered in unnecessarily obscure and confusing mechanics.

I think overall i have 3 big complaints about the strategy side of things, 1 is that getting missions is RNG, second is that there are way too many mechanics involved in mission generation, Advent Strength, Vigilance, force level and maybe more(that not even taking into consideration how many things can modify these things), and third, they don't tell you dick about how any of it works. Oh and Dark Events spawning in countries that you haven't contacted so you can't stop them.

>Oh and Dark Events spawning in countries that you haven't contacted so you can't stop them.
Do you think it would be better if they were more frequent (Enough that countering all of them would extremely hard) but only in territories you have contacted?

I don't think they need to be more frequent, but even if they were it would still be an improvement.

>counter dark event missions can only spawn in contacted territories, but you can only counter a few
>viper rounds, mk3 advent, shredder, greater faceless, scopes and veteran spawn
>have to choose 1 or 2 to counter and let the rest activate
Nope.

No, I meant that they spawn individually but you're capacity to do them is limited by your troops rather than some arbitrary game play mechanic. If you have a strong and large enough roster you would be able to attempt to counter All of them

Not to mention the shear douchebaggary that is trap missions, another unexplained mechanic that is only there to be annoying since it's so obvious once you know they exist. I preferred the LW1 giant landed supply barge in the early months that you weren't expected to be able to take, but if you were good and prepared you could.

Instead, everything in the early game of LW2 is just too geared in favor of the computer, it's play near perfect, or lose. Even on Rookie it feels like the game doesn't pull any punches.

Technically all landed alien ships could be traps, 30+ enemies on a small scout anybody?

When the mission pops up, you just gotta take it no matter what

But what you said (besides rng) is a good thing.
It requires you to be good at strategical layer too, you can't win game anymore by just being god in tactical layer.
XCOM is a tactical/strategy game, not just tactical.

That'd be fine if they told you anything on how to actually do that.
Or if the game was designed to play like that.
Or if RNG didn't screw you out of your campaign.
Or if managing squads, guns, and items among 30 characters wasn't so numbingly tedious.

Or if LW2 was actually good.

You'd be right if the mechanics they added to the strategy layer were actually good, alternatively, if they told you what they are and how they work, you know, like a good strategy game.

But that's not the case, so it's shit.

>XCOM is a tactical/strategy game, not just tactical.
Not as it stands, WotC is going to be a big step in that direction, but the strat layer is barely there. LW2 strat layer "mechanics" are mostly hidden and the only way to really interact with them is hidden behind several layers of rng.

>when lw2 auto assigns soldiers to your squads
Who the fuck are these people in my infiltration squad? Get out.

I just hate the managing part. You juggled like two squads with a few extras in long war 1 and they don't spam you with as many missions

>regret you have red mist enabled
>console doesn't work, since only this green top of comand line appear

Fuck, what can i do? Someone know other way to diable it or a way to fix console?

>You juggled like two squads with a few extras in long war 1
What? You're kidding right?

That's all your troops, you had extras but they hung around in the hanger until you needed them for a specific mission, and you were only ever equipping and managing one squad, then swapping out a few people depending on the map/mission

Long war2 has three missions constantly going

I was told that completing missions in LW2 would promote your troops without needing to kill people, is that true? Missions are usually too difficult for these scrub troops to directly confront the enemy, and my dudes aren't leveling up much.

Yes, that's how it works. But did you believe it would be easy or fast to level up your troops? Fool! You are a fool! FOOL OF A TOOK!

I'm in Januray lmao

>expansion focuses even more on individual OP soldiers rather than large balanced squads
>taking out what made xcom fun losing massive numbers of soldiers but having a few core elites who stayed through your campaign
>now everyone is an elite
Xeno 2 when, xcom is kill

What are they celebrating?

Warlock won, earth now belongs to him.

>Take 10 turns moving around the very edge of the map so I don't encounter enemies
>Finally get where I need to go
>The big pod at the start has moved to the other spot

fuck it

Maybe if i just edit .ini file for red mist... Can somebody tell me where i can find proper .ini file?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THIN MANS WAS WORST ENEMY IN FIRST GAME AND SNAKES IS WORST ENEMY IN XCOM 2
WHY THE FUCK THIS FAGGOTS IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN MUTONS OR EVEN SECTOPODS
First true FAILED mission in this campaign, lost 4/5 guys because of 3 hits through full cover in a row, and i missed 3 flank shots on them, only fuckng assault is able to kill this snakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=BuzVyctY_tM
This music is so depressing, makes me want to drop this campaign.
Any advices on how to level my soldiers fast?
long dong btw

>failing a mission

Yeah, i know
but every time i see snakes i think that THIS TIME THEY WON'T FUCK EVERYTHING UP

Well, they techniclay ARE still thimints

My god the Lost Towers is a completely different beast if you don't have bluescreen/emp when you go in, I almost took damage on multiple occasions

Birds are cute

Is the hunter's lodge missing chryssalids or am I going blind?

>almost took damage
>MULTIPLE times
Holy shit user how are you able to cope?

Hello, fellow citizens.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Mg6jfOlULw
This is rather amusing.

>It's not really hacking if you ARE the system
Heh

Does Damage control work on Shield damage or is it just health damage?

challenge mode showcase when, it sounds interesting on paper

>new vegas riot gear + pathfinder hood helmet

who needs reapers when you can go cheeki breeki already

Reminder that you're a pussy bitch

Well, it would probably be a stream. Since we're getting Hunter info in less than an hour, that leaves 4 weeks~ until the expac comes out, and coincidentally we are also getting 4 new enemies(Priest, Purifier, Lost and Spectre), so we'll probably get info on one every week until release. So challenge mode info will probably be a weekend stream.

>shitters STILL whining about long war
No it's not muh RNG that made you lose honey bunch.

>launch xcom 2
>Preparing to install XCOM2
>game uninstalled for no fucking reason

it was him wasn't it

oh honey sweetie

Hunter is up

youtube.com/watch?v=CTOrnMdFTQE&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=CTOrnMdFTQE

Well, i can safely say i was thoroughly bored through the whole thing.

>That's right Commander, i am a hunter! Did you hear that i'm a hunter? I hunt things commander, because i'm a hunter, i've hunted humans but they ain't good prey commander so now i'm going to hunt you, because i'm a hunter
>btw my special ability is shooting at stuff

Looks like he gets the ability to shoot multiple times if he kills on his turn, which could be horrific.

Also grapples and a sweet pistol.

As expected, Warlock remains as the undisputed best Chosen. No wonder he is the ELDER'S MOST LOYAL MEM- CHAMPION

He's the most threatening Chosen of them all, the normal one. Everyone else has crazy gimmicks everyone can easily play around. This guy has the power of plain shooting your head off.

Warlock > Assassin > Hunter

I see why the Warlock is embarrassed about his brother

he said hunt once

strawpoll.me/13529008/

Pls vote

>hah, my brother might have the power of summoning exploding ghosts, mindfucking you into submission and even becoming invulnerable, while my sister can cloak and stab you from behind before you even know it, but me? I have a gun lmao

Yeah i'm real scared. Never fought a guy with high aim and high damage in xcom.

Yeah, so? What, someone on 4chins can't use a little hyperbole to in an attempt to start a meme now?

Why do you hate fun?

YOU DARE DEFILE THIS GENERAL WITH YOUR WRETCHED VIDEO?

Woah calm down there memelord, someone might get hurt.

I'm expecting this guy to get RNG'd hard in people's playthroughs
Unless he has some guaranteed hit abilities, in which case fug

Check the video where he shoots through several LOS blockers. He's getting some sure hit skills

I predict that at release everyone is going to be complaining about the Hunter the most.

>he one shot my waifu from across the map and through full cover
>no fair

Reminder that this fucks are statistically the most deadly enemy we face.

Between captive soldiers, the fatigue system, and all the bullshit ways Chosen can kill you in the early months, is the game gonna increase the number of soldiers you have on average to compensate?

I think more important than their abilities is going to be the randomized strengths/weaknesses. It could be very easy to get a super OP Chosen with the right RNG.

Eh, I think more squaddies have been lost to sneks and thinmints

Only because gatecrasher is ass

why do I have feeling he will have faceoff but with his rifle

I bet that ability only looks scary, it probably doesn't deal as much damage as his normal attack. Or at worst, it ensures the soldier ends up bleeding out instead of dying outright. So basically like a shit version of the Archon King's devastate.

Or more likely it takes a turn to fire so you can cancel it out by punching him in the face

xcom.com/xcom-2-stats/
sneks don't even break the top 5

>Or at worst, it ensures the soldier ends up bleeding out instead of dying outright.

You realize that's actually worse, right?

YOU'RE GOING BACK INTO THE TANK, COMMANDER