/fng/ - Fortnite General

thicc penny edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

Had to do a double take.

>Playing with two friends
>Didn't notice group lead started a mission
>Roommate is opening one of those rare llamas with the tophat
>It turns gold
>Smashes it open right as the countdown finishes, get pulled into game
>Got no loot, llama is gone

Kind of glad it didn't happen to me, but jesus christ why. Don't open llamas while you're in a party, kids.

Heh I got her last night look forward to see her kicks of death.

With are we gunna need so.e bumps up in here?

I put my only rocket launcher and wall darts/wall lights schematics to my collection before thinking
Im never getting those again right?

Is this game fun? I hate to admit it but this is one of those games that's on my radar solely because of my dick (Penny). Another friend of mine was talking about it so I think I'd have someone to play it with.

Games really easy early on and has some.pregression issues involving rng
But the game get way harder.
And building forts is pretty fun. So yeah I think it's fun.

>Exploring
>See a spot I can drop down with some caves and BluGlo
>No way to get out with building stairs and fucking over the gold bonus for overbuilding

Why? This seems like a huge oversight

So what makes this game better than the other tower defense games available out right now?

Dungeon Defenders 2 is F2P, same with Orcs Must Die! Unchained. I have Orcs Must Die 2, Sanctum 1 and 2.

I get that there's the base building aspect, but is that all to it? Why should I pay $40 for early access and why shouldn't I wait until it inevitably goes F2P?

I'm not selling the game to ya user
Just wait until it f2p if you ain't interested in investing

You're better off just waiting to be honest. Game isn't that great and not worth the price tag. Major problems with it include a lack of content and variety in this content and a lot of rather poorly thought out design choices.
But right now you're going to be bored of the game in a day or two even though it's clear the developers expect people to put thousands of hours into it.

The build bonus only applies to around your objective. You can build in the world without affecting the limit as long as you're not withing N tiles of the objective

Honestly, if you need to be convinced, just wait. I like the game but it has a lot of stupid decisions. The start is slow and easy, and it's all about creating a grind and masking it, but then putting anything real essentially behind a pay wall.

The only way to get loot that matters is llamas. You do get some periodically and you get objective quests that give some funds, but eventually the only way to get bucks is by daily quests. Which means you're limited to 3 llamas a week, unless you pay. So fuck that and fuck them.

I was really far away stuck in a ditch and I know it was counting because I would build stairs and remove them and the counter would change

I really hope Epic implemnts some basic fucking shit soon.

>making walls diagonal to make based honeycomb designed forts
>ability to instantly delete built fort items like walls/floors/stairs instead of having to fucking chop them all down with your pickaxe

Correct, those specific blue prints are gone for good, you will find others though, don't sweat it.

>Game isn't even out a week
>14 posts in an hour

Dead on arrival, huh

>B-but it's cuz everyone is busy playing

Sure.

If you want to see something funny look at the official forums and leddit. They're full of people complaining about how shitty the P2W model in this game is. Literally pages and pages of people bitching about how shitty it is and threatening to quit.

If this game makes it to it's F2P release, I'd honestly be surprised.

I could see the deletion aspect being sped up, but I can understand them not doing instant deletes or one hit destructions of your own buildings because it would protect the player from accidentally deleting things or missing a swing on a husk and deleting the wall that was holding it back from your core.

I am busy playing, fuck you for depending on a Mongolian sheep story board to be the measurement of fun.

No one's playing either. Unless you pay for stuff, the game is heavily time gated and unlocking new stuff or making progress just isn't possible.

The game tries to reel you in by giving you lots of loot boxes on the first day, but on the second day you'll be lucky to get 3 and by day 3 you're down to 0.5 a day which you can earn in 20 minutes of playing.
These loot boxes are pretty much core to making progress and are also RNG as fuck.

Thanks for the bump m8.
Also games not arrived yet.

A PvE game can't be P2W. Why anyone would complain that someone else is progressing through missions faster than them is beyond me.

You can fail missions, and without help from other players certain missions are impossible to solo. A player who invests tons of money into the game will have massive advantages not only due to having access to more stuff, but also to more exp to make their stuff stronger.

While you're unable to progress due to missions being too difficult, the person who paid can solo those missions you find impossible.

This is P2W.

It's disappointing, really. I really wanted to give this game a chance, I like some aspects of it, but the pay shit is just insane. I have decent tolerance for grinding but it's just dumb.

I saw people on /v/ warning us about Epic Games before the game was released. We should have listened to them.

Also why is there only one environment? I know there's sub environments - forest, suburbs, industrial, and city, but it's all just one type. Really, no winter set, no different seasons at least?

I expected the new zone to have tons of different types of maps but.. nope.. it's just the same map types. Once you've played on all 4 maps you've seen it all, it seems

Really disappointing

fuck this game

Well paragon was not pay 2 win

Alpha

Lazy developers.

There is essentially 3 game modes despite having lots of different names for the modes. They are defend something, find survivors or kill encampments.

Likewise, the developers claim the game has over 100 heroes, but in reality there is 4. They all have the same base with the only major differences being the order the unlock new abilities.
If you count their looks, there is 8 heroes, a male and female version for each of the classes, and then lots and lots of reskins.

I have no idea how this game took 6 years to make. There is barely anything to it.

Development started 6 years ago.
They did not spend 6 years working on it.

I don't really get this complaint, I'm playing just fine and having fun without paying real money for anything other than the initial standard edition price.

I'm having fun too but rng progression sucks. I'm half way though plankerton and still only have rare hero's when I'm at the point where I need some epics or legendaries

The game has problems with how it distributes loot and how you can obtain it.

You obtain some stuff from one time only quests, which you will obviously run out of eventually. Outside of this the only way to obtain new stuff is loot llamas. Without loot llamas you literally cannot unlock new heroes, weapons, traps, survivors or defenders.
The problem with loot llamas is again, you get some one time quests to unlock a bunch of them, then you pretty much stop getting them. You get 1 quest a day to give 50 vbucks which means a single loot llama every 2 days.

On top of this, loot llamas are RNG. You can open it and get trash (and usually will).

You can still make some progress without these loot llamas, but it's stupidly slow. I hit level 16 on day one and now on the 4th day I'm level 17. This is largely due to lack of loot llamas meaning I cannot get better stuff.

If you need an example, I got insanely lucky and got a mythical survivor and several other orange/purple ones with matching personalities. These worked very well together and allowed me to pump my offensive stat to 200 (and I could increase it more if I had the exp/rain drops).
My other squads however are all pretty shitty and at around 50 bonus stats.

This is the difference between someone who pays lots and someone who doesn't. Paying person can get 400% of the stats of the person who does not pay despite both being at the same stage in the game.

That I understand, it's not fun getting the short end of the stick in RNG, however I don't feel that forces you to buy V-Bucks. Sure, I wish the real-money transactions were not there, but no one is forcing me (or anyone) to buy it.

This I can agree with, the fact that you cannot simply unlock certain characters / survivors is pretty shitty. Perhaps I am not far enough into the game yet (just did Shield Defense 5) and I have not run into the issue yet.

Not having survivors will kill your progress. As I said, you can still make minor progress by levelling up survivors, but it's inefficient. Bad or poorly matched survivors just don't get as much out the same investment as good and well matched survivors do.

Person who pays will naturally have access to a wider variety of survivors to build better squads with (and lots of trashy ones to convert into exp to further boost their good survivors).

>He book'd all his schematics because he thought it was just putting weapons in
>Now he can't progress because he has no traps or weapons to choose from

Time to shekel out, goys

I need a wall spike schematic so fucking bad

>1 coin for every chest you get at the end of the mission
>1 coin for every chest your team finds during a mission

Is the game saved?

It would help a lot

So this is another one of those games where everyone buys in immediately because it has massive potential, then the devs completely shit the bed, kill the golden goose and run?

So if I want to do good, later on, I just pick 2 heroes, and 2 weapons and dump points into them?

Since it's alpha we can only hope they listen to Thier feed back section. And work on it Cuz I am having lot of fun playing it.

Don't forget to be lucky and get rng epic and legendaries.

With good bonuses

You know what would be cool. If they make it so that you can choose your own bonuses. Or reroll them with some resources.

Wouldn't that just cause everyone to roll Outlanders?

Can I start a mission simply to farm mats and then quit? Or do I need to finish it successfully to have them carry out.

>Outlanders being useful

What's the problem?

I want to impregnate Penny

Just do rescue missions. 3 randoms can handle saving 6 without your help. You can even go solo it and be done with at least ten minutes on the timer to farm some resources.

I literally cannot decide how I want my homebase to look. Every time I try to build something I get new ideas and need to tear it down.

Honestly? All the girls are cute as Fuck.

I spent $75 american funbux on llamas, I have zero advantage over any other player ive come accross. My girlfriend, who is also playing this game, hasnt spent any money, and is progressing at the same rate i am.

There is literally no pay to win. It's pay for shit you'd unlock anyways, but gives no advantage whatsoever.

at the very least people that spend money might help you progress, but there is no leaderboards or any such thing that would make your pay to win theory viable.

No its pay for a "chance" to get something better. More money for them lamas more chances you get. Rng is still stupid for progression.

Outlanders are one of the best if you want to build a lot of shit.

This, generally I think the game has a pretty pleasing visual look. Penny, Eagle-Eye(I think that's her name?) and Ramirez are all great.

>get a nice purple penny in my first founder pack
>half of her quotes make her sound like the-not-good kind of dyke
>sarah reminds me of a younger mercy
>crave
>manage to get a purple sarah out of an upgrade llama i got from the book that went gold
>she sounds like a omigawd-stacey-is-such-a-bitch valley chick

Well shit.....

You mean a good constructor, right?

She dose not look like a dike to me.

No. She SOUNDS like the bad kind of dyke. She looks like a trucker momma which is aces but her voice kills it for me.

Do you get a homebase for each map area, or just the one the game starts you with? I'm trying to decide if it's worth dumping all my resources into the first base or if I should save.

It's more like
>Outlander
Get a bunch of shit
>constuctor
Build strong shit
>soldier
kill strong shit
>Assassin
Look pretty and contemplate switching classes to something more useful.

all 4. But you'll need to defend them all even when you change zones. So it's worth upgrading it.

Are quotes exclusive to skins or something? I have an Uncommon Penny with brown hair, she doesn't really say anything that jumps out at me as weird.

Ninjas can get 75% extra melee damage and put in real work.
I do like 780 melee damage a hit with my legendary ninja and legendary Kahana that has boosted critical chance and critical bonus damage.

Or just have a constructor with a nice pick and some constructor buddies in the squad to reduce costs by 15% plus your constructive engineering reduction of another 10% while being 10% faster. Now you're shits better faster and on the cheap and you use less materials than the outlander would have given in the same gathering phase.

So what happens if you fail a stormshield defense? Do they literally destroy EVERYTHING or just carve a path of destruction through any obstacles?

Bought the Super Deluxe edition because I wanted to get my friend a copy to co-op with, and it's the only way I could weakly justify the purchase to myself.
Anyone else bought that package?
How the fuck do you give the extra copy to your friend? I would assume an email code, but I bought it over an hour ago and haven't gotten piss. Am I missing something obvious?

Go in game, open esc menu

Dunno but its the way her voice sounded when she said them not the quotes itself. I'd almost say it's a different voice actor but its too similar to the others.
Ninja's are OP as fuck with assassin and then you can get ones that boost asssasin by something like 75% plus you have 2 slots for more ninja's in your squad to boost crit damage for swords. You just need shield bonuses from your suvivor squads to tank shit.

Carv a path

They usually just break a path to the shield. They don't destroy at will. I only lost 1 tile of walls on the path to mine when I lost.

Outlander is MASSIVELY underpowered except maybe Deadshot.

Outlander exists to see chests through walls. If you just want to play you switch to commando or builder.

Deadshot is like a soldier but for pistols. And pistols are really ammo efficient if you get one that hits like a buss.

This. give him a good high damage pistol or a fucking cyclone and watch him go.

Thats great, but their offensive abilities are trash. Teddy is meh and Shock tower is gone by the time you blink. And you can only hold 2 charges.
Honestly just give their abilities cooldowns, none of this charges shit.

>Honestly just give their abilities cooldowns, none of this charges shit.
That's what I've been wanting but outlanders aren't really an offensive type class is what he is saying. And hes right you would want to use something better for that kind of thing like a soldier.
I think the orbs should do something that enhances their abilities (for the duration of the mission) and also having the cooldown effect to not rely on those damn orbs.

or just let charges stack endlessly but also have a 10 sec cd on them or something that way you can't have 4 things up at once but you could maybe get 2 if you really need it

I preordered the Super Deluxe edition, I did not receive my extra inventory slots. Anyone else have this problem?
Also, what did it mean by Daily Loot pinata packs?
I havent received any of those.

we're not tech support go to the forums

>play with others
>playing outlander
>pick up a fragment and try to drop a teddy bear
>Require permissions to use my ability that already tied to having to find something on the map
how do you fuck this up, it lasts 15 seconds. why is it blocked yet supply crate isn't?
Is base also blocked if you play with randos

Try reloging.
>what did it mean by Daily Loot pinata packs?
That you get loot pinatas as a daily login. I mean like its in the words.

>That you get loot pinatas as a daily login. I mean like its in the words.
Yes, its in the words, it hasn't been received.

wow 750 base damage, that is like 0.75 shots from my Shredder, which I can do from a mile away.

Ninjas are only there for double jump, if you want to kill shit you pick soldier, if you want to build shit you go constructer, and if you want to find shit, break shit, or upgrade shit you go outlander.

Do a mission then check again? Sometimes the servers hiccup on giving you rewards.
For example I didnt get a collection book reward, so I did a mission and got it when i finished it.

In my opinion, Ninjas shine best on rescue the survivor missions.

click start/esc, click daily rewards, click your reward.
It'll even tell you how many you got queued up.

how? You are not faster, you are not stronger.

My Outlander would run you into the ground with my 38% move speed boost plus Blink.

750 is without the critical dumbass I reach 1650 when criting witch is also an auto assassinate Cuz that will always bring them below 30%

What class is best for getting items and why?

pinata purchaser class

Outlander Cuz reasons

Double jump and fast run speed > in the zone speed bost

And I hit 3K crits with my Shredder, at huge range.

Ninjas are for double jump, they have nothing else unique that someone else with good weapon can't do.

Outlander soul reason is to get items.

Blink + blink run speed buff

Ninjas won't take damage anyway there are invisible.

>not stronger
>highest achievable dps

>not faster
>triple jump plus 40% movement speed boost rolling with a ninja squad plus a dragon slash thats moves further than blink even if its slightly slower
we don't have to build to get places you would and we run the same speed with a technically better blink with less of a cooldown. outlanders are just shit right now unless you go with a deadshot and an obscene pistol.