Should I get a mazda 3 Veeky Forums? i know they're FWD but I can't find any other ""fun"" 4 door cars under $20k...

should I get a mazda 3 Veeky Forums? i know they're FWD but I can't find any other ""fun"" 4 door cars under $20k. i'll stretch to $25k if someone shows me a really good option

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V.

Rwd, 400hp, manual

Can be had from $12-18k

i dont want a cadillac, they're got a bad "image" imo, most people that drive them are financially irresponsible

they aren't bad cars though

Evo or wrx.

Mazda 3's are boring commuter cars. t. i own one.

is it even worth getting a WRX if i can't afford an STI?

no, within a year they'll be a new model

How hard did you honestly look? An ad on the TV?

List of sportier cars under 25k new, and I'm just going to half ass it because fuck if I should put in any more effort than you have:

- Focus ST
- Fiesta ST
- Subaru BRZ/Toyota gt86
- Golf GTI
- Civic SI

I'm sure this is all a troll and you'll find reasons to hate on all them so enjoy your econo car.

>Cant find a fun 4 door under 20k
>20k
What the fuck is wrong with people today?

i want 4 doors so that rules out the 86 family

civic si looks like a hot wheels car with all the rice it has out of the factory so that rules out that

focus st is kind of old at this point isn't it? fiesta is too small

i guess that leaves the GTI

Yes. What is the purpose of this car?

Even then, Buy the previous gen sti.

is it a new body or just a new engine?

Surely you jest as the GTI's current generation is a whole two years older than the Focus.

brz only choice unless you want to be a fwd c u c k

body and probably upgraded engine tech

Both. 2019 models are getting skyactiv-x and new chassis design to quieten down nvh and make the chassis stiffer for better handling.

>spending 20k on a new shitbox that'll be worth 5k in 7 years
>financially responsible
pick one.

just get a civic for 3k. in 7 years it'll be worth 2500 if you kept it in good shape.

>Spending 25k on an econoshitbox that will be worth half that when it leaves the lot
Ok

lol yeah let me show up to work in a 3k civic from 2003 with 150k miles

are you a poorfag or something?

do you have any better suggestions or just more gay reaction images?

>let me show up to work in a 2003 civic
there's literally nothing wrong with that. Normies do not give a shit what you drive.

> Normies do not give a shit what you drive

they say that but they secretly judge you

they might judge you but you have a fat bank account for not wasting money on a new shitbox

Buy a 3k civic daily and spend the rest on a faster, weekend car. you could also ride the bus and spend 25k on a weekend car.

having a nice car = showing off a fat bank account

money does nothing for you sitting in a bank

obviously im not saying you should be irresponsible, but if you have enough money to get a decent car you should get one, we only have one chance to live anyway

not to be a dick but i made $60k i think i can afford more than a $3k civic

I got a used Mazda 3 a few years ago, it's responsive and handles well but isn't all that special otherwise.
If you're looking for a ""fun"" car in the 20k range you could probably go better but I got it for less than half of that and I enjoy it.
>lol yeah let me show up to work in a 3k civic from 2003 with 150k miles
Nobody cares what you drive as long as you keep it reasonably clean, especially if you're in your 20s. Besides, you're not going to find a "fun" car in the 20k range that isn't from 10+ years ago.
If anything people might judge you for driving something too nice because they'll assume mommy and daddy bought it for you.

>he won't invest the money he saved by buying a $3k civic
lol what are you doing lmao

i love all these vague comments lol

> you could probably go better

with what cars?

> invest the money

into what?

should've bought some bitcoin.

dude do you not invest in anything
do you just let your money sit idly in the bank or spend it

Sti baby

i should have bought some apple stock 10 years ago but i dont have a time machine do i?

i have $1k in alternative crypto currencies that were really cheap, im hoping in 5 years one of them will blow up like bitcoin and earn me a chunk of cash

i have a 401k with a few thousand (im 23 so i just started) that's basically completely invested in the S&P 500

that's it. should i invest MORE?

what do you have invested hot shot?

you don't need to invest more. you need to save money for a down payment on a house.

I bought a 2016 manual 2.0l and I definitely don’t regret it. It’s got a great interior and despite the body roll and low power it’s decently fun to drive, a million times better than the Chevy Cruz I test drove. At the time, it was by far the best compact available but now the new Civic and Golf are close competitors. I paid 18k for mine—if you’re willing to pay 25k for something sporty then you should go for a GTI, FOST, WRX, or accord V6.

Alternatively for that money you could make your own mazdaspeed3. Buy a 2.5l manual for $20k then throw on lowering springs, front and rear sway bar, strut tower brace, exhaust, intake, and an ECU tune. Corksport has a ton of mazda parts.

Wrx has a newer motor design and is actually faster off the line than the sti.

Buy 2-3 year-old used lease return or something (i.e. Mustango GT, Lexacunt ISIS Tree-Fiddy, Toybaru 68, Gay37/TreeFiddyZ, Accord v6, etc.)

I'm saying this as someone who spent a similar amount of money on a new econo car (Camry SE) and regret it. Nothing new in teh $20k range is gonna satisfy, but cars depreciadore so fast (40% off MSRP in 2-3 years, tat's nearly half price) so buy used and save a lotta money or get a lot more car for your money

If you HAVE to buy new (i.e. very busy demanding profession that doesn't allow free time to service/work on car i.e. investment banking, doctor, etc.) then get like a Civic Hatch Spurt/Si, Elantra Spurt.

Dude are you kidding? GTI, WRX, Civic Si, Focus ST, Fiesta ST. Hell if we really wanted to get into it the Elantra Sport is actually a might fine sporty sedan these days as well. All of those are in the $20-25k range. Are you just not trying or what?

Uh, yes? The current generation WRX matches or beats the previous generation STI in almost every metric.

It just sounds like you're being a whiny bitch right now - like since no car is a Ferrari or 911 Turbo at $25,000 then you'll just choose the least fun/worst option to punish yourself or something.

I like Mazda and I think the Mazda 3 with a stick is pretty damn awesome - but I feel like Mazda is really missing out by not having an accessible "hot" car. I feel like Mazda is more of a fun car for normies that care a little bit more about cars than the Honda or Toyota buyer, but it's not quite enough for people that are more into the hobby.

It's just anecdotal evidence, but a friend of mine's girlfriend recently bought a WRX after he bought a Mazda CX-3. He really liked the CX-3.... until he had a chance to drive his gf's WRX more often. It's not like the CX-3 was that much cheaper anyway - he got the Touring with a few more options and it came out to be like $23 or $24k. Now he's thinking about trading it in for an STI hatch from last generation.

If there was a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Mazdaspeed CX-3, the GTI, Focus ST and the Civic Si would be fucked.

Just get a civic si. Two doors, but who gives a fuck? Having more than one person in the car seeiously affects performance anyway

Well... There actually is a Speed3, I daily one, they come in first and second gen models, you can get one as new as 2012

Any new mazda 3 is a very slightly sporty normie car. It prioritizes fuel economy, comfort and other normie shit over anything but they handle pretty gud for a FWD car.
They have no power, the engine is optimized for normie stuff like driving to the shops.
Basically any mazda 3 or 6 tries to trick you into thinking you're driving a sports car but it isn't

You can get a 4 door si

where do you live?

This, I've dailyed a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 since 2010.