/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/thank-you-for-13264987
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/6083947/Demons_Souls_(2010)_[Ps3][EUR][MULTi5]
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy/Game_Boy_Color_emulators
dayintechhistory.com/dith/march-19-1997-consumer-dvd-player-released-u-s/
hastebin.com/raw/obalumopen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck nintendo

SP must pay for his crimes

Only after you have published your 500 times compiled fork will he start to pay for them.

Some shitty ISPs have been known to block archive, try pinging the download address and see if it returns 127.0.0.1 or try a traceroute on the download address and see if there's any node fucking your shit.

Just so it stays relevant, maybe someone sees it.

If you happen to have a Wii, try if the wireless nunchuck isn't defunct.

>breaking news
22:56 and BTW - after 7+ years of being exploited
22:56 we will no longer deny ourselves money
22:56 I’ve had enough
00:11 and I am running this on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP
>$1000 monthly patreon, Titan XP and SP feels exploited.

Does ^ count as shitposting? I feel like this should count as shitposting.

slowpoke.jpg

How did you get that nice and subtle pixel grid? I like it, it adds some kind of charm to the entire thing.

heuy guize. i want to play retro games on my android phone but it seems the libbertro thing is tldr complicated. isn't there a gui with minimal controls and cover art? I will gladly pay for such an app.

IDK, grabbed it from the last thread and user never said what it was.
It's not just a grid though, there's some slight gradient going on.

I don't. I only have my notebook, a DolphinBar, the Wiimote that came with Zelda, a borrowed nunchuk and the Wireless one. No Wiis here. Might visit someone to test it tho.

> we will no longer deny ourselves money
Remember when he openly shamed devs for taking monetary donations?
And then he turns around and pockets donation money for personal shit.

Emulation is dead, and SP just made it worse.

It wouldn't be problem if he donated some of that money back to the actual developers but I doubt he even does that.

Starting a repository on github named 'ps2 emulator' is not writing a ps2 emulator.

Yes, it does count as shitposting. He literally stalks SP on IRC and posts something from there every thread, and tries to push the meme that he is "stealing" money. But he's just jelly that he isn't the one getting money.

Stupid question but is there a memory card file with tons of save Psycho Mantis can react to floating around somewhere?

>counts as shitposting
I don't know.
I'll allow it.

Shut up and get back to work, SP.
People are paying you, so where's the shit you promised? The PPSSPP core has been outdated for close to a year, SGB support is still broken, and countless other bugs go unfixed.

You're a "professional" now, in the loosest of senses.

Works just fine for me, no login required even. user's problem lies with his ISP/government.

Uhhh SGB support works from the command line.

No (You) for thinking I'm SP

patreon.com/posts/thank-you-for-13264987

>secret $3000 goal revealed

>"Support for high resolution rendering and better anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering"

Sounds good to me, it barely puts a dent on my GPU as it stands now.
I could do with 4K and AF x16

Problem somewhat solved. Works with Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Link's Crossbow Training and Epic Mickey. Does not work with Skyward Sword. I'm guessing the problem is related to the motion plus requirement.

Emulating RE4, might finally finish it for the first time edition.

What's worth upgrading? I have over 100 bullets for the pistol already, I think I can get the broken butterfly if I get all the medallions right? But I don't remember liking that gun.

game is flawless so far, except that when reloading a quicksave from a reboot of the program the controls were messed up and I had to "drag" myself to a save.

Why can't I boot up Demon's Souls on RPCS3? I just get this error when I select the game folder.
I got it from pirateproxy.cc/torrent/6083947/Demons_Souls_(2010)_[Ps3][EUR][MULTi5]

Why? It has an HD PC port.

For a moment there I thought that was a DF combat log.

Read the thread on the forum, you've to rename a file because you've pirated the game and a single file has the wrong extention

1) Quicksave/Load 2) The Dolphin texture pack was easier to download/install 3) I want to try the Wiimote aim, which I am enjoying much more than what the PS2/Gamecube had.

I disagree.

The PC port is trash, it's just the PS2 version which is missing many of the graphical effects from the GameCube/Wii releases

ah got it, thanks

So, is RetroArch the only thing that has dynamic frame control and black frame insertion?

That's the old port, you little fagget.

I am curious, if you have the original game can RPCS3 read the disk from a standard dvd player or I guess you need a bluray one eh?
ah yes, that too I forgot.

>can a DVD player read BR discs
What do you think, user?

Nope, new one is just as bad

There's a sort of lousy laptop in my house that can read bluray, can I put the disk and make a copy of it from that or I might as well download them?

Doesn't have missing effects and main game cutscene are in engine, also has 60fps and mouseaim. which the old one didn't have.

>inb4 retarded complaints about how you're a casual nigger who can't handle 60fps

Blu-Ray is actually a really shitty format, kinda glad it's not getting much traction.

It is only losing traction because of the expantion of downloaded games and streaming.
Not because of any flaw.

It has plenty of flaws, dude. HD-DVD should have won. Perfectly logical continuation of the DVD (and CD) optical legacy.

so i've bought a new pc and went to emu paradise to download some nintendo games and theres none
can you guys explain me what happened?

Such as?
HD-DVD shit the bed with that shitty add on for x360. When a format has to leach on to a console instead of being baked in it sucks and will fail. Sega learned that with the 32x.
There is a reason why xbox never mentioned it again after that blunder.

...Seriously?

Best core/emulator for GBC?

My intention is to play them oracles again.

R E A D T H E W I K I R E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K IR E A D T H E W I K I
Got it? now fuck off.

I want you to think really hard. What do you think happened?

yeah I read the wiki.

There's no mention of sameboy, so it's outdated. How am I supposed to rely on an outdated wiki?

So use fucking sameboy then.

nintendo sued the owner or something or hes a pussy and deleted everything on his own?

Go get a cookie champ, you earned it.

yes, you little kike.

>hes a pussy and deleted everything on his own?
>12 y/o living in the delusion that a DMCA isn't something you should be taking seriously unless you live in a country where no one can get to you and same goes for your servers

>There's no mention of sameboy, so it's outdated.
It's not meaningful enough to warrant adding it, there's better things to do than add a niche meme emulator that won't get recommended.

>There's no mention of sameboy

wut?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy/Game_Boy_Color_emulators

>sameboy
Heh.

>niche meme emulator
Not that user, but why do you describe it as such?

It doesn't do anything special like say TGB Dual, and it doesn't fit any of the following
>most accurate
>most balanced
>most complete
Aka only reason to use it is being used to it which is fine or being a hipster that refuses to just use Gambatte or BGB.

Could be worse though you could be that oen fagget that insist on using VBA/VBA-M/mGBA to emulate GB/GBC.*

I see. Haven't followed any GB/GBC developments since settling with Gambatte long ago. Was just confused as I came across some post elsewhere weeks ago claiming it's an "up-and-comer" or something similar.

1. Format locked down to shit and back.

2. Specification keeps getting "amended" by Jewllywood et al to lock it down even tighter (to the point of damaging their own product, in the case of Cinavia).

3. Discs are even more expensive than dual-layer blank DVDs.

4. Data layer sits RIGHT ON TOP of the underside of the disc (more on that in a minute), forcing spec to mandate advanced hardcoating such as Durabis to ensure data integrity.

5. Players need expensive as all hell (at the time) blue-ultraviolet lasers and optics, causing all sorts of price hikes and design compromises across the board (this is the reason they couldn't put the data layer under the label, as they do with CDs; the optics literally could not support a reliable read/write at the time).

6. Nightmare player implementation in the form of BD-J and all its phone-home-to-mamma garbage.

7. Shit authoring tools that require knowing Java.

8. Already being superseded by a standards revision that will require YET ANOTHER expensive player purchase.

>Already being superseded by a standards revision
Which would be?

Blu-Ray 4K is not compatible with normal Blu-Ray players, user.

Not the guy you were taklking to as just wondering since I hadn't heard about it
>Blu-Ray 4K
So original, probably gonna bomb too.

>1. Format locked down to shit and back.
>5. Players need expensive as all hell (at the time) blue-ultraviolet lasers and optics, causing all sorts of price hikes and design compromises across the board (this is the reason they couldn't put the data layer under the label, as they do with CDs; the optics literally could not support a reliable read/write at the time).
So what was that costly as fuck addon for the xbox for HD-DVD then? That was a locked down system.
>4. Data layer sits RIGHT ON TOP of the underside of the disc (more on that in a minute), forcing spec to mandate advanced hardcoating such as Durabis to ensure data integrity.
So? Durabis was proven to take steal wool and still be read from.
>7. Shit authoring tools that require knowing Java.
That is not a BD issue, this is a lazy fucker issue.
Boohoo i don't want to use java.
>
3. Discs are even more expensive than dual-layer blank DVDs.
As with all new formats. Do you know how much floppy disks cost back in the day?
>8. Already being superseded by a standards revision that will require YET ANOTHER expensive player purchase.
lol wut? Like said the only thing to stop BD is downloaded and streaming data.
>2. Specification keeps getting "amended" by Jewllywood et al to lock it down even tighter (to the point of damaging their own product, in the case of Cinavia).
So? Get a 3.55 PS3 put CFW on it and disable the cinavia. Problem soved.
The 4K BDs wont sell much because of streaming not because of a flaw in the format.

You wanna learn how to logically respond to a post, friend? Instead of jumping all over the place?

You want to learn how to back up your arguments instead of trying to duck out like a bitch?

>So what was that costly as fuck addon for the xbox for HD-DVD then?
Not to mention that comparatively DVD and regular BluRay players back when they were new were way more expensive.

Nope, not that interested in arguing with the retarded. Enjoy your Sunk Cost fallacy.

I'd like to see a source on that, if I may. CDs, sure, but DVDs?

Not my fault you can't argue for shit. Even has to try to use a fallacy word to get out of the argument. That's called a fallacy fallacy btw.
HD-DVD was shit, microsoft backed the wrong horse. It failed. and was not fit for the market else it would still be a thing today.

>he doesn't believe in monopolies subverting the free market

Libertardian spotted.

i sent mail with some request to pc98.org guy, he did not reply

>Tries again to wiggle out of the argument using of topic political bashing
Ha weakling.

>cannot even spell "off" correctly

Why are phoneposters allowed?

Hmm, was way more expensive than that in my country (about 900 bucks equivalent) but I guess USA got lucky and only paid 600 bucks for that
dayintechhistory.com/dith/march-19-1997-consumer-dvd-player-released-u-s/

iirc the first cheap bluray player was the PS3 and that also was $599.

There's a UHD bluray player that was only 400 bucks at release 'Samsung UBD-K8500) .

>now resorts to grammar nazi to try to save face.
I win by defalt it seems

>i sent mail with some request to pc98.org guy, he did not reply
Look for the NeoKobe beta set, if you're lcuky it'll have what you want.

Keep chugging that dick, user.

So, similar costs, it looks like.

>599 is similar to 400
>599 1997 dollars is similar to 400 2017 dollars
No

Who the hell is Squarepusher again? I see him on a bunch of threads but I never hear the exact story.

You're right, I forgot about inflation. That actually knocks the cost of Blu-Ray down quite a bit...Pity about the other bullshit, though.

I've corrupted a ROM and I want to share my corruption without the original ROM (so people can apply to their games and I can host the file without problems), what program can copy the difference between my corrupted ROM and the original to a new file that would be applied to other ROM?

He is the devil.
/emugens/ enemy for life.
He used our money we gave him as donations to get a ps4 and a tv. We don't have proof of this, but he must have done it how else could you explain it. He stole from us and we are owed reparations for the insult and wound we have been given from his assult on our wallets.
He wont do as we say when it comes to updating
the PPSSPP core and we always get what we want. We wont stop till we kill him and remove his family line from history. He has crossed us and will pay the ultimate price.

Xdelta is a general purpose tool for that but I'm guessing there are better tools for that.

Thx for the suggestion, this program have some limitation (file size,file formats...)?

Nope it'll generate the difference between two file without any real limitations you would care about as a normal user, might be slow if the file sare big.

I'll use for SNES, Master System, Genesis, GBA ROMs, so size will not be a drama for now. Thx again

Play Japanese video games.

It's really bad at making patches for mode2 CD images; they come out huge.

The delta file isn't only the difference? Or this program copy more than that?

It looks for patterns to match (sort of like diff would) in case data just moved around or whatever. Mode2 breaks that somehow.

It's gba-color and retro-v2

hastebin.com/raw/obalumopen

it looks just like i never remembered it because pokemon is for girls and guys who want to be girls