I'm ready to buy a car!

>I'm ready to buy a car!
But you really should get it checked out by a mechanic to make sure it's not a lemon
>I guess. I'm no expert so it's best to be safe. Great, now I've done that, everything's ok so I've bought it. Yay now I can go places
>Wait first you need to pay for it to be registered
yeesh that's like 1/4 of my car's value
>and don't forget insurance
Ok well it can't be too expensive can it?
>you're a male under 25 we're going to charge you $1k a year lmao
I reckon I'll be ok without it I'm a safe driver despite what my demographic suggests
>Ok but if an idiot in a brand new bimmer hits you and you can't prove it wasn't your fault you're screwed
Ah shit I guess I better get it to be safe. Ok time to drive!
But what if your car brakes down on the side of the road? Towing can cost hundreds of dollars. You better get roadside assistance to be safe
>... ok well now I have peace of mind at least
Well you're battery is almost dead and your brake pads are pretty thin so you might want to set aside some for when they need replacing
>I already spent all my cash on buying the car and getting it on the road! I guess I need to start saving...
Also it's due for a service pretty soon.
>well surely it's not so urgent I can't put it off until I have money
but what if your engine blows up because you didn't change the oil soon enough
>I guess it's instant noodles for the next month
Plus it is a shitbox with 150k miles on it... there's always a risk it will decide it's had enough and just clap out one day leaving you with nothing
>Is there a patron saint of motor vehicles?
Now be careful with the keys if you get a bit wet it's going to cost you a few hundred to replace. wait you only have one key lol nevermind that will cost you at least 1k. Also be careful parking in car parks people dint cars all the time. Oh your driveway is full guess you're going to have to park on the street.
>Aaaand the tank is empty already

I mean I like cars but next time I'm buying a motorcycle

why do you make it sound like owning a car is 24/7 maintenance and nothing ever goes right for anybody?

Maybe don't be poor next time. Car ownership is not this difficult

Maybe get a second job OP, 15 hours a week at McDonald's isn't going to buy you a car

It does, but you have to be a teenager living with your parents, and be really motivated to save money for nothing but a car. If you look around, you can find functional or repairable shitboxes for $500. Not for the kind of pleb who takes their car to a mechanic for an inspection, obviously.

>his mechanic doesn't spot the worn brakes or dying battery
>his (((mechanic))) doesn't tell him it's almost due for a service and he'll give you a """"discount"""" if you take it to him since he's the one that inspected the car
>he has to save for a month to afford to do an oil change
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>he thinks a motorcycle will have cheaper maintenance

Motorcycles are cheaper and easier to work on tbqh senpai

This

I’m poor and i own and insure 2 cars. Its not difficult

You can prevent all of those things except the insurance by having the slightest clue about how to work on a car

When car insurance where you live starts at $300 a month for a shitty civic and $1,000 a month for any kind of motorcycle then simply working two minimum wage jobs isn't gonna cut it

you fucked up and mixed up who was speaking in which text

You switch the "recent car owner" with the "advice giving experienced car owner"

But its pretty much impossible to acquire these things unless you have someone teach you

if you have NOTHING then you would have to even buy your own tools which is just another added cost.

>now for part where he says if you cant afford tools you cant afford a car

Lol where the fuck do you live and what insurance do you use? I’m 19 and i only pay 250 for both of my cars combined

>pretty much impossible
Nigger i taught myself everything about cars, tools, mechanics and how to work on my car from the internet. Stop bitching and moaning and put some fucking effort in. I started not knowing how to change my oil or what a spark plug was or the difference between a socket and a wrench. Now i have every tool id need, i can fix anything on my car short of internals, and i know how all this shit works. I dont have a garage, i didnt have ANYONE to guide me along - i did my homework and put in the effort and learned as a result. If you say its "impossible" then yeah, it is, because youre too fucking lazy to help yourself to easy and readily available information.

>if you cant afford tools you can afford a car
For $100 you can get just about every tool youll ever need. The specialty shit can be rented from autozone (for FREE mind you). Theres no excuse. If you dont have $100, you literally cannot afford a car. You apparently are a worthless bum ass NEET who prefers to cry how life isnt fair and how 100 bucks is a lot of money rather than actually work for his keep.

Imagine being so fucking low IQ that you don't know how to look up things on the internet.

OP, listen to this guy, stop being autistic

This is actually strangely very motivating

>mess up once
>cant drive
>lose job

Cool.

How about fuck off you spoiled brat. Not everyone has the resources to blow on this shit

>Ok well it can't be too expensive can it?
>>you're a male under 25 we're going to charge you $1k a year lmao

As if.
I'm paying 250 a month on a fiesta in CT.

>mess up once

Another reason we keep memeing the $3K civic. Jap shit is infamous for having high tolerance for lazy or shoddy workmanship and maintenance. Infact, some parts are literally idiot proof: designed such that you cant put it on the wrong way- wont fit at all.

>blowing it
>learning
autist came here to cry not to look for alternatives

Ontario. I own both of these things and what I mentioned was the cheapest I could get at 22 with a clean record. I'm the only one I know my age who insures their bikes because no one else can afford it. They just don't plate them and run from cops because of our no chase policy.

The only reason I'm still here is because I have an established business. Otherwise I'd have left years ago

your post kept switching between the buyer being green and the downsides being white, then reversing it, then switching back again. made it hard to read

>Ontario

KEK

Seriously bro, what else were you expecting? Do you not know anything about where you live?

I'm well aware. Once I'm in a better position I'm getting the fuck out of here. There's no hope for this place now

This is boomer tier money saving logic. They complain about how everything is more money than they want to pay yet can't put a price on it themselves, they just want it cheaper. A car is a tool. The real value is what you use it for and the enjoyment you get out of it. You can't put a price on that.

that's why it's cheaper and less problematic buying new: pay and forget for a whole year until maintenance date.

>spend $40 a week on a shitbox lease
>fill it with gas twice a month
>?????

>have to learn how to fix my car and how to use hand tools all on my own off the internet because im broke as fuck and cant afford a mechanic
>spend a long weekend laboring under my car on a job that should only take a few hours because learning mechanical abilities on your own is difficult and of fucking course youll mess up
>succeed through hard work and determination rather than throwing my hands up in the air like little bitch ans giving up
>this makes me a "spoiled brat"

Fucking kill yourself you autistic fucking faggot. How the flying FUCK does any of that make me spoiled? Im spoiled because my inspection expired a year ago and my exhaust is leaking causing an O2 sensor code to be thrown so i have to fix it in february in my driveway? Im spoiled because i couldnt afford the mechanic and learning myself the hardway was literally my only choice besides getting pulled over again and again by dickhead cops for my inspection sticker? Thats "spoiled"?

No. Being a "spoiled brat" is when you dont have a car, dont work, and sit on your fucking computer in the home where your parents provide you food and shelter for free and crying how fucking hard life is and how its not fair. Being a "spoiled brat" is rather than taking steps and working hard to improve your life situation, you instead come here to bitch and moan - and when you are presented with options and alternatives and helpful advice - you simply choose to whine and bitch about problems you dont even fucking have so you can justify doing fuckall. Fuck you. You are fucking delusional and one day youll wake up to your own ways and realize what a pathetic fucking cunt you are.

GROW THE FUCK UP. GET A FUCKING JOB. BUY A FUCKING CAR. Get with the fucking program - boohoo lifes not fucking fair - FUCKING DEAL WITH IT FAGGOT. Guess what? ITS ONLY GOING TO GET HARDER, LOL! Either man up and put some effort into learning some real life skills for once, or dont - either way fuck off with this gay shit.

>Is there a patron saint of motor vehicles?
Yea, St. Jalopy

>21
>No accidents, tickets, claims, or anything in 4 years I've been driving
>Base model, 2wd 15 year old xterra with 5 speed manual
>0-60 in 3.6 fortnights
>Still paying $150/month

Fuck california

Wow, someone can't handle the pressure of Veeky Forums, and needs a nap.

I have two wrecks multiple tickets and pay that much for full coverage on a 2013
t. texas

>>Wait first you need to pay for it to be registered
>yeesh that's like 1/4 of my car's value
>1/4
It costs less than 100 bucks to register a car, you sir bought yourself one massive pile of shit. Good on ya.

>didn't change the oil soon enough
Nigger an oil change is like 35 bucks at the most, and thats if youre buying fancy pants oil that sucks your dick and cooks you steak. Every fucking hour autozone does 20-25 dollar oil change kits. And unless youre driving 500 miles a week, that one oil change will last a good 6-8 months.

Youre baiting or fucking retarded, quit doing that

just bought a 92 legend last month
>car was 1k
>repairs to get to a road ready state was like $300 (4 used tires along with a new coolant sensor to fix a cold start issue)
>registration was $150 sales tax was literally 10 dollars
>insurance is 95 a month for a v6 manual coupe (19, male)

stop being a retard OP

The inspection would have picked up the worn brake pads and dead battery, which could have been used to negotiate a lesser price.

1/10 I replied