Is there a more offroad worthy and reliable vehicle than the 3 door pajero?

is there a more offroad worthy and reliable vehicle than the 3 door pajero?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rCXcKkUqAAU
youtube.com/watch?v=SvPdEHD8qvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rav 3, suzuki in general except the vitara diesel, hilux

i'm being totally serious

Yes, pajero is far down on the list

Mitsubishi shogun or montero are better

I recall this user saying pajero means wanker in spanish, top fucking kek

Hi

Not really no, they're solid as fuck.

A V8 cruiser? Give me a break

aren't they different names for the same car?

something you can get new m8....

why not? only ever driven 4 cylinders...

>something you can get new m8....

Suzuki Sidekick...

pants oficially totaled

Completely and 100% unironically this. These motherfuckers are like mountain goats, i've seen them go places a defender got stuck

what the hell
didn't expect lada to still exist

Yes

Square Body.

>fatass barge with terrible breakover angle

Ahhh found the soyboy who can't handle the big girls.

Suzuki Jimny, Lada Niva

>Only ever driven 4 cylinders?

The problem with the V8 70 is that the front and rear track is different. Ain't nothing wrong with the rest of the vehicle but that design flaw is noticeable when you actually hit the trails

>Rav-4
>Good offroad.

It practically started the cuckUV generation. It was the one offroader that was better on the road than it was off.

Why do you think the general population purchased them? Because they looked offroad capable but we're better suited for what they did, drive on roads. Even today the current generation is no better than a Kia Sportage.

>Have ram on new A/T's
>Have tracker with used road tires worn below the wear markers
>Use ram for work because bed.
>One day can't use ram but luckily I only need to transport 30 gallons of fuel today
>Use tracker to make the run
>Didn't sink down to the diff
>Didn't have to GOAL
>Didn't even need 4wd

It was also easier to see where I was going. Using a lumbering barge just to go "offroading" is really just making life difficult. I use my barge because I normally have to move a lot of stuff.

There's plenty wrong with the rest, the 1VD is a dog of a motor and the track change wasn't the only negative effect it had on the 70 chassis, the weight over the front wheels is insane.

If he'd posted a 1HD of any form I'd be more inclined to agree but the 1VD has been a shitshow from the start. I'd still personally pick the Paj op posted, the 4M41 is one of the best diesels I've worked on.

Yes everything else ever made.

>t. guy who's never touched a Pajero

Well a Suburban isn't designed to go off road hence the name. It still does a respectable job for something it's size though. Any "on road" vehicle isn't going to make life easy on the trails. That's what side by sides and dirt bikes are for.

RAV-3 LMFAO

WTF is a tracker?

Suburbans are designed to go on or off road. They are also named yukons and Tahoe s which by your logic make them exceptional off road vehicles

>mitsubishi
>reliable

See

I own a gen 3 and working on it is a complete chore. The engine is behind the front axle and directly under the manifold.
To change the rubber seals and pipes I had to take off half the engine to get access.
I had head gaskets leaking oil and it was a major repair. Currently the rear suspension needs to have bolts changed and is again a major and costly repair.

I work on Japanese diesels for a living, if you think a Paj is hard to work on or expensive to maintain I've got bad news for you...

pajero is trash for actual off road.

1st gen RAV4s were very good little offroaders, but they progressively got softer and now you're right - they're basically no good for anything beyond a gravel road

you are like little baby

>Posts a retarded Prado for argument
>tfw

>light industrial diesel
>5 speed auto shared with the Toyota Tundra
>8"/9.5" diffs and 28/33 spline axles
Standard tru-trak with optional hybrid switch able locker/LSD
It's a damn competent little wagon.
Only downside with working on the 3.2 diesel is having to remove the upper manifold to access a lot of the stuff like glow plugs, common rail, fuel pump etc. It's real simple once you've done it once, my only drama was figuring out what needed to be removed the first time. One thing that annoys me with the 4th gen diesel is needing to remove the injector lines to access the cam cover.
The camber bolts on the back just take a lot of penetrating lube, a hammer drill, a lot of patience and a few swear words.

I think you and me have quite different opinions on what offroad means....

here a land rover

Landcruiser

>10 spline axles
>gearbox removal (which is inevitable) requires removal via the cab
Fuck that.
pic related

you don't know what you're talking about

i've heard everything in that is made out of paper

>1st gen RAV4s were very good little offroaders

If you consider primarily smooth dirt tracks (like your rally picture) offroading then you are right. They are probably better because they are very car like.

On anything more aggressive they start to fall behind similarly sized competition of the same years. They were well known for being a soft roader in my country.

>>gearbox removal (which is inevitable) requires removal via the cab

I thought that was just if you couldn't suspend it. Like an alternative. I was looking to get a series 3 but I am not sure anymore now.

The correct answer is, always has been and always will be a diesel 80 series.

>Pic related

I have seen more Toyota 8" diffs fail than anything else. And there are more Nissan's on the road.

Not to mention people keep stealing Hilux diffs all the time.

I wasn't to dislike them, but they are the least meme'd SFA Toyota out there so they have a price advantage over all the rest.

Nah, it's just impossible to remove underneath the chassis. Honestly, the older LRs ain't too bad. Their glass drivetrain is offset by comparatively weak motors. Spend a bit of coin on Ashcroft gear for the Salisbury diffs, and they become near on indestructible.
Only if it's an 1HD-T/FT powered Cruiser. If that's the case they're pretty unbeatable. If it isn't an overpriced HDJ80 though, I'd prefer a 4M4x Pajero.
Biggest flaw with cruiser axles that I've seen is a reverse cut high pinion centres in the front 8". They seem to have a nasty habit of walking off the crown-wheel under load in reverse. Earlier J60s that still had the 9.5" front didn't seem to do this.
Also, the J75s had a tendency to sheer off axle locating studs in the rear floating axle... later J105s and J78/79 rectified that with larger studs and dowels.

Thats when they went from 6 to 5 isn't it? Had a friends farm ute drop an axle, didn't even know it was fucked because it never left dirt roads.
Personally I like 4Ms so much I bought one, least seen engine in the workshop I work in. 1HD-FTs and FTEs are pretty epic though.

Opel frontera with UAZ patriot springs is rad

>Thats when they went from 6 to 5 isn't it?
Yup, bang on. Which was a little irritating, as a whole load of second hand wheel/tyre combos for a whole manner of other 4x4s disappeared overnight :/
>Personally I like 4Ms so much I bought one
Heh, I bought two... Both an early 2.8 NL for my work hack and a 3.2 NT as the Mrs' kiddy hauler/family offroader. NT clocked 300,000km last month and still like new. Makes self servicing simple as having common oil filters between the two means I can buy them in bulk :D
Only a couple drawbacks I've ever seen with 4M4x engines, one being the early 2.8, if you let it overheat a fucked cylinder head was guaranteed. The other with the early 3rd gen 3.2 that had an electronically timed rotary fuel pump, is the fact a fuel pump rebuild on these costs near on half the price of the whole car! Once rebuilt though, it's happy motoring for another 300k+ kilometres. Other than that they're a damn stout engine.

Make no mistake, I'm a Cruiser man first and foremost, and I'd swap my NL for a 12H-T 60 series or 1HD-T/FT 80 series in a heartbeat, but the overinflated Landcruiser tax keeps me from doing so.

>double post
Fuck you captcha

AHEM

If only you you could get these with the indestructible 4BJx diesel.

You probably heard that from an ignorant cunt who buys Chrysler products.

>your country

What is your country.

Don't think that poster has to be from any specific country to call a softroader a softroader. The first generation has a centre difflock, and that's it. It's more or less a lifted Corolla with a Camry drivetrain.
Reliable, definitely. Offroader, about as much as an Impreza.

STEP
ASIDE
SOYBOYS

Post 2002 Nissan Patrol GU, Zd30 engine reliability was grenade waiting to go off but from2003 onwards the engine issues were fixed, and shit loads cheaper than comparable Cruisers of same age. Interior not as nice as Cruiser, but shouldnt be buying it for interior, its for mudding, innawoods, mountains deserts and shit

The engine is still a hunk of shit user, they didn't fix the problem they simply laid a bandaid over it, fuckers still overboost, still eat turbos, still blow out EGR gaskets and manifold gaskets every time you look at them and never had any grunt. No idea how many ZD30 Manifolds I've had to machine but that one engine outnumbers the rest by a fair margin. They've also got a weaker driveline than the 42 which was it's saving grace and part of the reason it was such a suitable modding platform.
The 4M41 has ~150nm more than the ZD30TI in a vehicle that weighs ~150kg less.

>from2003 onwards the engine issues were fixed
Nah, they were just better documented by that point and were looked after a little more accordingly. The post 2007 ZD30 CRDi wasn't a grenade though, I'm just convinced the majority of CRDi failures are more to do with the typical retarded shithead that drives a Patrol.

Only reason I'd be looking at a GU is for a competent platform to put a better engine in. Otherwise I'd sooner bank my money on a diesel 4th gen Pajero. Hardier engine, heavier duty gearbox, diffs and axles on par with the Patrol's H233B, better interior (not that I think the GU's interior is that bad), way better fuel economy and drives a lot nicer. Although you have to live with the idea your truck will flex marginally more than a shopping trolley.
Swap out the Patrol engine and glorified Skyline gearbox, then chuck a Mitsubishi 4M41 engine and V5M31 gearbox and you'd have a great truck.

youtu.be/rCXcKkUqAAU

youtube.com/watch?v=SvPdEHD8qvg

Speaking of flex, I know 3 guys who've bent Y61 chassis and or front diff housings.