Tell me about this car

augusta.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-toyota-celica-gt/6393691838.html
>other cars considered: wrx, e30, 190e
how does it stack up in terms of reliability, ease of maintenance, aftermarket etc..?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/rare-canadian-market-1989/6430481125.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will bump this thread until I get my answer

It is good

It is bad

No

Go for something third generation or older. They are rwd. Parts are getting harder to find. Pretty dirt nasty low but still comfy. Great handling. Gas isn't bad but it's nothing special.

are parts hard to find on 4th/5th gen?

A little bit. Celicas are used until they die and then lots of people scrap them

I have an 89 Celica ST automatic, non-convertible, base model, 230K miles, and I paid $750 for it in CA. It's not as fast as any modern car, but it's not ridiculously slow, either. I'd say that your Celly is a good deal, but I'd offer lower.
>dirt nasty low
Yeah, it is v. low-profile, which is dangerous & exciting when around big trucks and SUVs driven by mexican women snap chatting their sancho. You get the sense while driving that if you got t-boned, someone's bumper would decapitate you. But it's very comfy, the compact size is great for city parking, and it gets a lot of attention.

Where in Cali? I'm from socal

celica or prelude?

Los Angeles. You?

here's my shitbox. the paint's clear coat is completely faded, so it has this lipstick look to it and bird shit sticks to it like glue. I obviously didn't put the tires and rims on it, I would've invested that money into a new paint job, but it's cool. Just makes cops want to pull me over all of the time to arrest me for being poor.

Bro LA celica buddies. I'm out a bit from LA near Pasedena

>3rd gen celica
youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw

I actually went to test drive that. They were selling it here in socal. However. The transmission was shit and third gear wouldnt catch. It was on Craigslist

>buying a FWD Celica

its a convertible and most guys who like celicas is to touge race them.
The convertible doesnt have the same rigidity. Also the convertible top makes it even worst to rust. And the top is expensive to replace.
That said that one looks mint and the top has already been replaced, if its a 3SGE or a 4AGE engine its something worth having.
Maintenace is ok, parts are always available, some are just more expensive than you might think, but overall is a cheap car to maintain.

I literally live in Martinez and I'm also shopping for a car that I want to buy before the week is over! Thanks for the hookup lad.

I'm not actually going to buy that car. Everything else I said is true though lol.

Dammit lol, every time I post a link my worst fear is that someone will snub me. Scared me for a sec. Thanks user
Rust isn't an issue in this climate

Is this better? jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/rare-canadian-market-1989/6430481125.html

Same here, living in El Sereno at the moment! If you have experience working on your Celica, I could use some help with things. I put in a new starter last week, but I need to do an oil change soon, replace the brakes, and put on a new front axle (top priority, new grinding sound is bad). I've done the suspension on a classic car a long time ago, but I could use help with tools and a jack. Do you have an email address you can post here?

BMW 1 Series 2.0 120i Sport Hatchback
>£3000
>54 reg
>98,000 miles
>£1200 a year insurance
>38.2 MPG average

Would you?

Sadly I don't have much experience with cars. Barely got into the car scene. I used to have a motorcycle But switched over a few months ago. Do you have a discord?

Where you at? I actually live over by Grovetown. Pickings are real slim around here. I'm never going to buy an autotragic and there's like 20 manual cars in the area.

Thats an estate.

Well it's not.