/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Still could not PvP properly almost a full year after getting their asses kicked
>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13530081
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Souls 2 and it's fans are cringe

Why don't people use spears in DaS3? Every screen or webm I haven't seen one person using a spear.

Souls series and it's fans are cringe

Fucking Black Knights are so useless

literally the OP of last thread

Videogames and their fans are cringe

Excellent.
How's my weaponfu after the buff?

And actually how's the Moonlight and Farron Flashsword? Haven't actually kept up with the new Regs since I heard about Funsword's buff.

Shulva is pretty cool.

strawpoll.me/13530081
Don't forget to vote

Farron Memesword got a damage buff, but it's till shit.

Sorceries are more or less the same as they've always been, not getting anything meaningful from TRC kind of sucked.

Eleum Loyce is the coolest.

>Anything about das2
>cool

Does plow count?

Farron GS is pretty good now after the buffs, the AR increase makes it very strong on hits. What's more important were the stamina consumption decreases which gives the Farron practically Straight Sword-tier stamina usage on all its attacks. It's still hard countered by things like crossbows or blocking but you can be effective with it now.

Flashsword is still just an inefficient straight sword you cast and Old Moonlight is nice with Heysel R1 combos but meh on its own due to having the same problem as the MLGS beams where they have shit aiming especially locked on. Soul Greatsword I prefer over both.

my facorite area in DaS2

>and Old Moonlight is nice with Heysel R1 combos
Does the Heysel `Soul GS combo still work? I might pick that build back up.

>talk in the last thread about DaS2
I fucking hated that game, but its Infusion system was so close to being great.
The fact that I can't make my weaponfu Funsword scale off Int and use it on a build with Flashsword and HMLS is just a crime.

>dark fantasy
As much as I like Dark Souls, I wouldn't really mind a lighter-toned game

you can meme the damage up really high and you have lots of mobility for ugs poise/poise damage
it's not high tier though, just a cunt to fight

How do you deal with bowfags in Arena? There is literally no way they're going to get hit deliberately, they've actually gotta try to be hit. Am I supposed to wait it out for 3 minutes or something?

Yes, it works with both Soul Greatsword and Old Moonlight so long as you have maxed cast speed with Sage +2 or something. Old Moonlight does more damage in the full combo but I prefer to keep Soul Greatsword attuned instead because it's more useful on its own.

ds2 haters are out and flaming tonight boys

Man, I hate dark souls multiplayer. I got invaded and died after a single riposte

why are pyros always the worst players ever

Miyazaki said "dark fantasy game that won't disappoint souls fans", so nope enjoy your ugly world
Actually das2 being a high fantasy with curse starting not long time ago was neat, same as a bright fucking coast keep in the forest of fallen giants

Nice. Thanks for fielding my questions.

Posts like these are so cute.

SLIDERS
L
I
D
E
R
S

>After eight years DeS is still the best Souls game

At this point I think the guy Miyazaki was brought in to replace might deserve just as much credit.

because pyromancy is the stat class with the most stuff against it.

>ENB is just running past everything in the DLC now

How the FUCK did he make a nice face in DaS3??

I've played Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 3, and I'm currently playing Bloodborne, is Dark Souls 2 even worth playing at this point? I've heard the best thing about it was just the PvP

Looks like shite

>is Dark Souls 2 even worth playing at this point?
Only if you want to laugh at how comically bad it is.

It's worth at least one playthrough if you can find it cheap.

Play it and form your own opinions

The PvP being good is a meme. DaS2 combat is the worst there is in this series. It's a fine game for customisation and PvE though.

DaS2 is a fun experience, sure. I would recommend everyone to play through it at least one, even though it's the weakest game in the series. Play it and find out whether you like it or not.

MIRACLE
I
R
A
C
L
E

>not just using some of those sweet sliders in the pastebin

Why is the one on the left so good compared to the right ?

Which Souls game is best for STR builds?

Did we ever find out what happened to her?

Demon's

What did you like the most about the other games?

DS2 is a slower game that puts quantity and variety over quality. It's better if you are the type of player that likes really breaking the games and figuring out niche things. It puts mechanical balance and gameplay variety overtop of all else.

If you liked the customization, being able to choose where you wanted to go, and how your character was built, and using lots of different items/weapons/spells over the course of a single playthrough, exploring and item collecting, then DS2 is going to be very rewarding.

The PvP was good because DS2's slow pacing meant that players had to -commit- to every action, and the variety meant that most/all builds or stat distributions were pvp viable.

Das2 and bloodborne are the only souls games I can play now
I also replay des once in year/half, but others just can't compete
>weakest game in the series
Das and das3 exist

>Das and das3 exist
As if I'd ever forgive FROM for their Soul Memery and ADP bullshit.

>DS2 is a slower game that puts quantity and variety over quality
>quality
I disagree
Everything in das2 very well designed mechanic wise. For example actually not shit tier way to farm rank in the bell keepers offline

>Das2 [...] the only souls games I can play now
2/10

>tfw we will never go to Astora where 9/10 people are willing to help
>tfw we never got foreshadowed bloodborne by going to Carim
>tfw we will never go to the Medieval New Orleans that is Catarina
sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who feels this feel

What's wrong with souls memory?
It allowed second biggest summon range in the series, right after bloodborne's 40+/- base levels
It's funny how all games in the series since des expanded summon range in different ways, except das3 which had poorly implimented das version without sunbros bonus. In the game that fucking uses bloodborne level bonus system
Just shows that developers never truly cared about it

I found BB's CC much more intuitive.

>quantity and variety over quality
Well, you're half right.

this is pretty normal desu, what do you find so nice?
The glowing from IT weapon?

What sort of Build would Miyazaki enjoy playing in DS3?

I would say something with a medium shield and a spear/sword combo, or a pyro build.
It sure as fuck isn't anything magic or faith related

It took the fun out of spending a lot of time on one character, eventually you'd just bump into SL300+ dudes and all with the same builds. You're basically forced to spend souls leveling up or you're going to get swallowed by the competition. Either that or make new characters.

nice pasta

Fallen knight, shield of want, and dark sword

I know this feel. That's what I hoped the sequels would have been.

Question: which Dark Souls is the hardest one?
I don't know which one to get.

>shield of want
Miyazaki would never touch anything related to the garbage like das2

okay, turtling black knight shield then

Hey, that's what I use!

Yeah, I think he'd use Grass Crest.

Play DaS3 after DeS, DaS1, and DaS2
Playing DaS3 after BB will ruin DaS3 for you
Other than that play them in any order you want.

>commit- to every action

Sure when you could roll cancel every animation pretty much.

Patches is his in-universe build as the most cowardly weapon set possible.

Post better.

>watch ENB play Sunken King DLC
>he's fucking retarded and keeps missing shit left and right

So why the fuck do some people here shill him all the time? I don't fucking get it, he's garbage at playing the game, his mods are nazis and he talks for the first 30 minutes of every stream about random bullcrap he could be talking about while playing the damn game?

the first one you play is the hardest, excluding 2

They all piss easy

>went back to BB for two weeks after playing DS3 for over half a year
>absolutely loved it on my first two playthroughs
>absolutely hate it now
>combat feels way too floaty
>can't run around enemies when locked on
>roll distance feels off
>general bullshit moves on certain enemies
>even with the DLC, too few weapon variety, a lot of fun weapons locked after some of the hardest bosses in the game
>pvp is an abhorent clusterfuck with the PS4 netcode, let alone 40% of players having a subpar internet connection
>even co-oping is a pain as hosts are literally slide-showing through the level at times

In DS3 there is so much more variety, I can play a one-shot sorcerer invader build, a try hard dual strength-build or a pure faith medic-build for co-op. The fashion is also much better, fuck ten different variations of the same edgelord trench coat[/spoilers]

So I have to be pretty much half way through the game (DaS1) to get something (Leo Ring) that makes my weapon (Spear type) not shit? Does Miyazaki hate spears or something?

The dumbest thing was that he didn't read any messages while going through the first area, absolutely retarded

The first one you play is the hardest.

The last one you play is the easiest.

>I rely on reaction time and dodging a lot
DS3 is the easiest, DS2 is the hardest.

>I rely on customization and building a powerful character a lot
DeS/DS2 is the easiest, DS3 is the hardest.

Yo are the bloodshades really back? I dare say it's time I've assembled my humble servants.

>not shit
spears are already overpowered, leo ring just makes them extreme

>one-shot sorcerer invader build,

Fuck off with your autism faggot

anyone feel like helping me with dragonslayer armour on PS4
yes I am shit

but this says they're all shit except Demon Spear

Its okay user, where did the sorc-invader touch you?

Sure if you help me against Champion Gravetender.
Pass and place?

He's a god-tier YouTube content creator. Streaming, not so much.

>get summoned in inner whale for midir even though my mark is in the far right
>host just stand there and watch as I solo the boss
What the fuck
reminder if you're a host and you do nothing in the fight you deserve your summon to cristal back

...so did you bc or not?

No I'm a good girl

>not having Warmth on you and healing the boss once you notice the hosts is hiding in a corner

>All those spears in high tier
Try reading the chart you posted.

these tier lists are about abusing backstabs and lag. That's why the longest spears are the best.

I'll rush to gravetender now

Haven't gotten that far but is it the Scholar Candlestick good for melee? that damage buff seems nice but I also like to use my right hand weapons for rusing rolling fellas

Anyone here love long invasions where asshole mcgee and his shitter squad eventually give in and chase you into mobs as you tear them apart one by one? I have so much god damn patience it's great.

you can stagger people if they aren't in a HA-frame.
sure is better than a staff bash

I'm currently mainly playing a DEX build that uses LKLS offhand/2-handed, with a Claymore/AGS and a dagger on my right hand. I've found that having it not only improves my trading capabilities due to the inherent poise, but gives me a chasing weapon AND a spacing tool all in one. It's unfortunately an easy to parry weapon type of course, but being able to switch between three different weapons tends to help avoid that. If they rush me like you should do with a spear I bring out the claymore. If they switch to a long range UGS to out-trade or try to out-range me, I swap to the dagger and use the quickstep WA until they use something like a straight sword. Then it's back to outspacing with the spear or out-trading with the claymore. It's been working wonders 1v1 so far, had plenty of success when I've been randomly summoned into pontiff FCs

I could probably make some WEBMs if you like. How do people tend to get their footage on PS4, just save videoclips and hope for the best?

Yeah, his From the Dark series is absolutely great, his Demon's Sous stuff is mediocre but most of his DS1 videos are indeed very good.

His DS2 streams are kind of shaking my faith in his skills as a player not because he's playing mechanically badly but because he's totally oblivious and has no idea what he's doing.

Are those cutie pies still around who wanted to do a co-op run?

No voice chat though, I'm rather shy.

Had this happen once to me, so I did what every good summon should do, lured Midir to the host and started clapping.