/utg/ - Undertale General

Sex Saxophone Shyren Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita August 15th!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13534096
strawpoll.me/13534117
undertale-smolfrisk.tumblr.com/post/136358078503/livster-the-schmuck-original-comic-by-coulsart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Flowey

Post a pic with your claim!

Such amazing art could only have been born on the best general on Veeky Forums, /utg/.

Fifth for Ice-E

I filter posts that have "First for X" or "Last for X".

Didn't see that coming.

Reminder that Undertale had blood in the esrb until it was changed

cute lizard and hot robot

I STAKE MY CLAIM

Goat

Children

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

No!

But would the spider be able to take care of three bone puppies?

But can the spider answer the question posed by the phrase, followed by a colon, its own quotation, a question mark, and an exclamation mark: "But can the spider answer the question posed by the phrase, followed by a colon, its own quotation, a question mark, and an exclamation mark"?!

>Someone is reading through the entire last thread and replying to people
>They keep replying to me
Help

That dog is looking underweight. And pointy.

I hate being such a salty sailor.

But can the Spider explain why someone else asked a meta question!?

You can change. We all can.

He should probably eat more.

Close the tab and run.

I can't. I have a compulsive need to read every post replying to me and see the end of any thread I post in. It's very inconvenient.

Except Chara. And Flwoeu.

>Flwoeu
Don't you dare delete your mistake. We need to preserve this.

That's a lot of tags.

best: the CourierNew trilogy i guess, though the Asgore one's my favorite instead of One by One

worst: i try to avoid most of the worse fics but i read enough of Strange Places to form an opinion of it, and that opinion is that i deeply regret reading Strange Places

It sure is.
Why are you replying to my post from over two weeks ago though

What would you even feed that thing?

Does anyone have Frick or Crybleats tumblrs? Looking for the old Asrielfags and they both seem deleted.

Unleash your hatred. Tell us: why did you not like Strange Places?

Frick renamed himself, and Cry's still a browser of /utg/. Occasionally takes requests too.

There's probably a monster equivalent of dog food (made from magic) somewhere in the Underground. The skelebros don't have any trouble eating the monster version of people food, after all.

>that filename
I actually didn't have it, thanks for sharing!

feralphoenix-tier chara apologia, standard rambling bullshit plot that does nothing and goes nowhere, sloppy prose with nothing distinguishable or noteworthy about it except the errors

what pushes it over the top was making the player of the game into the a) the primary villain, and b) a literal author self-insert who uses tumblr-speak and dies tragically

Not him, but Strange Places was the first Undertale fic I read. If I hadn't read One by One right after it I might just have given up on fanfiction altogether.
I've purged most of it from my memory, but I remember it had thousands of instances of the word "kiddo", really weird Flowey/Asriel/Frisk/Chara shipping, and a poorly done player-as-a-character.

Pupyrus would be the kind of dog that would go crazy for walkies.
Or when someone visits, he would lose his mind and wag his tail so fast it would vibrate.

BOTWOT (complete), Spectrum (still ongoing), and Trust (still ongoing) are all pretty neat.
I really like the creative explanations of the skeleton brothers' past in them.
The former two are tense and action-packed, and Trust is cute, but also has angst.
I think Trust is also the first of the Adoptive Dad Grillby fics.

I don't understand how people can look at stories and think the best way to expand them is to add self-inserts or OC non-characters to it.

What would your favorite's seasonal job be?

I finished 12 panels of the comic today, so now there are only 13 left to finish.
I made 2 more polls about the comic:

Poll about whether or not to color the panels that are after Frisk exits the underground:
strawpoll.me/13534096

Poll about the shading in the flashbacks:
strawpoll.me/13534117

Sansta!
>undertale-smolfrisk.tumblr.com/post/136358078503/livster-the-schmuck-original-comic-by-coulsart

Definitely! I also read this adorable one-shot the other day where Papyrus signed himself up as a therapy dog. Do you think he would make a good one?

The spider is adorable and you know it! Stop trying to hide your feelings!
Certainly! They would definitely behave when near someone as cute as the spider! Besides, she also has hundreds of spiders to help out as well!
Yes she can! The solution is so simple!
It's a bit tricky, but possible! By going backwards and studying all the previous questions asked by that user, and by adding cuteness to the mix, the exact reasoning becomes clear!

Poor Chara.

most of them aren't actually interested in the writing aspect, fanworks are just a way for them to socialize with people who have similar interests. that explains why most of them keep going and never end

there's maybe one fic writer in a hundred who actually gives a shit about their work, and the number of people who don't just use it as an outlet for their fetishes is even lower

I don't think OCs are bad per se. They often end up being bad because you get incompetent character design with incompetent writing, which is worse than competent character design (done by someone else) with incompetent writing.
But if the character has a real place in the story it can be made to work. I think the player character in Strange Places had a proper place in the story, it just happened to be a really terrible character. With a good author it could have worked out ok.
Not to mention that pretty much any characterization of certain characters (definitely Gaster, arguably Frisk and Chara) has a lot of OCness.

the Player in SP was a fucked concept right from the start because they were formless, omni-present, and basically omnipotent

if i remember right they (actually "she" because lmao author insert) lost because they decided to

you can't get any conflict out of an antagonist like that

>you can't get any conflict out of an antagonist like that
Exactly.
It's important that the villain establishes a threat, but if they're completely invincible and the story's guaranteed to end in tragedy, I lose interest instantly.

>because they were formless, omni-present, and basically omnipotent
The only way that works is if the story focuses less on the player and more on the characters dealing with the nature of said entity. That's where the drama and tension come from.

I mean, one good example of how to do that is OFF, where the player exists but can only interact with The Batter who serves as your avatar in the world. So if you're going to acknowledge the existence of the player, it should only be through Frisk. Frisk should be the one relaying their intentions to the other characters.

even then there's really no "tension," because an antagonist like that has the entire story existing at their whim - the protagonists will run around with their hands in their pants until the antagonist goes "right, that's enough of that," independent of whatever the protagonists do

the Book of Job this ain't

Oh, I thought CB quit. That's cool

Do you know Fricks new name?

I want post core Gaster to experiment on me sexually .
We need a fic about this.
Also some post-core Gaster fic with tentacles
I'm disgusting.

No, I don't. It was posted in thread many months ago, he's been visiting again though, so if you get a chance I'm sure he can supply it.

>because an antagonist like that has the entire story existing at their whim
Then don't make them an antagonist. As fun as genocide is for the player, it doesn't make for a very compelling story. Or you can just go full Call of Cthulhu and make it about the desperate futile struggle to hold back an unknowable cosmic entity. That can at least be somewhat entertaining. Or if you are going to do genocide, focus on the parts that we don't get to see. The stuff that goes on behind the scenes, like Alphys evacuating everyone or Papyrus preparing to face this unstoppable threat.

But that's too hard for fanfic writers who just want to self-insert themselves into the story.

Anyone know the comic this one is from?

I got you babe

Is that fucking Applebeans in my thread?

a what

I dont use tumblr anymore also fricks new name is jyunaiper/doublestep iirc

The artist. A person who makes ugly shitpost art into a higher echelons of powerplay.

Sex saxophone you say

Best ship.

Canon post TP.

A new page of They Say He Shattered.

I have your order of spider from Pixiv.
I think I already posted this one but I'm too sleepy to be sure.

>tfw you realize you'll never actually be the biggest asrielfag here because you can't art

>tfw you are probably the smallest asrielfag here because all you do is lurk

>visual representation of me right now

>Someone saved that image made aeons ago

PIXEL BOYE

I've saved a lot of stuff. I've even saved some random guy's art window.

What did you guys eat last? Which character would enjoy it the most?
I made some maki for dinner, Alphys would probably like it most.

Had some Swensons. Sans would probably eat it.
What else do you have saved?

Absolutely. He would care for his owners so much and stay by their side no matter what.

I saved this man's shame.

Bacon and Pepperoni Totinos.

Seems like a Sans or Asriel food to me.

Ha! I remember when that was posted. It was hilarious.

learn to art then

But what if I get good at doing art so I decide to apply for art school and get rejected and wind up becoming Adolf Hitler?

When does summer end?
I hate the heat.
I want it to be Christmas.

do that and start next world war

Some lemon/raspberry ice cream! I need something sweet to end the day

Christmas in July!

Can't relate, I love the sunshine, long evenings, and hanging by the pool.

Wake me up
when the summer ends

THAT DOES IT.
POST CHRISTMAS THINGS!

I don't like the sunshine, I like it better cloudy and breezy.
I don't really ever get cold, so late fall is my favorite time of year. I love the fall colors and holidays that come with it.

Cribmaz!

my heart :3

What does Flowey want for Christmas?

Setting her house on fire once wasn't enough?

Plutonium

Something here is wrong but I can't quite put my finger on it

Is Undyne's eyepatch on the right eye?

Socks.

But wait, there's more!