Android car head units from eBay or amazon

hey guys just wondering if any of you have installed one of those Android head units from China that they sell on eBay and Amazon

Android 7.1.2 8 core 2GB ram

review here youtu.be/FLB5RuB9Lf8

they look pretty sweet do you know which are the good brands they cost between $250-300 for the latest model?

pros and cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmyPwYku1NQ
amazon.com/Sony-XAV-AX100-Android-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B01MF9W0GU$400
egauges.com/TR7412UB-OR-USB-Bluetooth-12-Volt-Orange-LED-p/tr7412ub-or.htm
a.co/5BKsSDv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>giving chinks access to your cars electronics
How about no

On that note, is there any reason why a car's entertainment system would be connected to any other part of the car's electronics? It seems to my like the sort of thing that should be a completely independent system, aside from drawing power from the car, yet I've read shit about cars' ECUs being hacked through their entertainment system, and it baffles me why such a connection would ever exist in the first place.

just keep the stock one. if it died buy a replacement oem one.

my stock radio is a POS CD/tape player combo

this would be a Christmas present

check out youtube.com/watch?v=pmyPwYku1NQ

I havr a jvc one and it works cash

definitely don't do that, until recently with android auto/apple car play most OEM touchscreen head units were pure trash and cost 3x more at least

so use a tape to aux adapter. carplay is a meme.

For like $200 more you can get a proper Android Auto head unit

name brand Android auto units with built in navigation start at $800 and they only have 480 res

They can't unless you're running an LATE connection to the unit you dunce

are there any retro styled USB/AUX head units? I hate the tumor-esque modern ones and a tablet looks too out of place in my shitbox

Newsflash fucko:
Even the think units have 480 resolution, other than that they suck
Get a Sony AX100 if you're worried about price

I want Bluetooth, I was using the tape adapter but the tape player stopped working

No you fucking hipster, no one has anything marketed specifically for your weirdo tastes

so buy an oem head unit to replace it. depending on the car you can buy a stock head unit that has had an aux jack added into it.

I just don't want a SONY XPLOD TASTELESS LED-O-MATIC EARTHSHAKER 9000 in my car, faggot

the new 8 cores are 1024x600

According to your fucking tastes, everything out fits that fucking bill
Why don't you do your own fucjing research and see if you can find something you like, other than that fuck off faggot
>the new 8 cores are 1024x600
And freezing unreliable chink garbage, get a known brand

I don't want oem, I already bought a 10" infinity sub to go with it, I'm trying to upgrade here

gee sorry for having an opinion about head units on an automotive board in a thread about head units

>adding a sub
underage b&. go ahead and hack up your wiring and fuck shit up.

amazon.com/Sony-XAV-AX100-Android-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B01MF9W0GU$400 and it uses Google Maps and Waze

>b-b-but muh resolution
You're driving a car, bitch

>gee sorry for having an opinion about head units on an automotive board in a thread about head units
Take your sorry and blow it out your ass faggot
But seriously, there a damn good Alpine single DIN unit for $250, can't remember the model number, also the Pioneer DEH-80PRS is good and the Kenwood KDC X998 single DIN units are good too and not too flashy

did you buy one or someone you know got one that froze up and was a piece of shit? if so tell me about it, what was the brand? all I see is praise for them on youtube

Porsche makes one. It costs like $1500

All you see is praise because the dipshits are probably being paid or they show you they're initial impressions
Go on Amazon and check some of the customer reviews and allot of them will say they lock up and need to be restarted constantly

know something that looks like an 80's-90's Blaupunkt off the top of your head?

of course they do, fucking niggers :(

Jesus Christ, really? You don't know about the meme Kienzle head unit? If you're a euro you can still get the Kienzle units, I think North Americans are stuck finding variants like the Continental model

never heard of the brand. not much of an audiophile, sorry. The Continental model looks nice, they sell it new even.

Yeah I only found it for Americans from this site
egauges.com/TR7412UB-OR-USB-Bluetooth-12-Volt-Orange-LED-p/tr7412ub-or.htm

sexy. thanks mate, might actually pick it up since I'm a yuro

Oh, check out eBay then you'll find it cheaper

>$1500
>for something that looks like it came off Alibaba

The difference is that it'll last a few decades instead of a few months

>be VAG
>use the same door handle model on shitboxes for 15 years
>decide to put it on a 944
>$200+ a pop, goy

got this last year for like $180 and a $10 bluetooth obd2 reader to plug into cars ecu, so i can use torque pro app to monitor stuff. This model is a little slow on maps but is ok for just doing monitoring and playing music and stuff.

a.co/5BKsSDv

There are HS-CAN and MS-CAN diagnostic circuits that you can wire from a head unit that talk to the vehicles OBD port, or even steering wheel controls. I put a new dash, stereo, and installed a backup camera in my 16 f150. Had the option to use those ports but did not

Nigga that thing is tiny.

You can get Bluetooth with just about any single din unit these days. Just plug the included Bluetooth mic into the back of the stereo and clip it somewhere in the cab. No wiring required

Can't exactly fit a 6 inch screen in a single DIN slot, at least not without a flip out abomination

Is there a reason for these ports to even exist? I can't see any possible benefits.

I think you can run it to video input or something and track your car like this guy
I've actually never used it

what brand did you buy?

does the ODBII need to be the same brand as the head unit?

Can I fit this on a 1996 Lexus LS400?

cassette adapters sound like fried ass, so do the cigarette light transmitters

you watched boostedboiz too huh