/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Waiting for Updates Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start Guide:i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer: youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July 18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July 18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July 18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July 19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July 21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwi7APW-2Sk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for BEST couple

and second for best boy

How is the quality for Play Arts figures?

nth for suits

larxene is cute!
cute!!
CUTE!!!

>mfw angsty middle schoolers still think Roxas and Xion will be relevant ever again

The game's written for angsty middle schoolers and stars 3 high schoolers (which are the target age group to place a protagonist's age when you want the angsty middle schooler audience), two of which are pretty damn angsty depending on the context.

Play Arts? Not... that good.

Play Arts Kai? Better, but sometimes the modeling on the faces can look a bit off, and with the KH figures, hands are not articulated which means pulling their fists apart to fit the Keyblade inside. It's awkward and doesn't feel like it's supposed to work.

Depending on the character, joints can look off. Knees seem to be the most common problem, which makes the Sora figures the best of the bunch thanks to his shorts obscuring the knee joint.

Reminder for JP players that the gem draw is being refunded so make sure to use them

He was mentioned by Xemnas so he's going to make a appearance in form or another

well i missed the fact that you don't get the trophies for sitting through the movie

time to play bbs i guess

>he only has one Sleeping Lion
Step it up sempaitachi.

>making me want to spend money
STOP IT user

>But by the end of the story we're supposed to believe it was all genuine, when it never feels like it is.
>Get real! Look at which one of us is winning!

>he's a bystander to "his own" story
You're not wrong, but the idea is that he's being resented by his friends, which is what drives him to form such a strong sense of identity at the end.

the camera seems really close to the ground in bbs

I think part of that is partly because Nomura doesn't really explain shit going on. I think the point is to show how Nobodies "fake" being people and having emotion, but as you said this is never really looked at properly, so it just makes it seem awkward and forced. Additionally, I feel like the development of a Heart on Axel's part made it seem like it was "supposed" to be genuine because to him, it WAS supposed to be genuine friendship.

In CoM, they do a lot of talking about how the Heart and Memories play on each other and trick each other. I think this is related. Axel, through his "fake" emulated friendship of Roxas, eventually developed a heart, and because his Memories said "this is a friendship. We're friends", his Heart bought into it and made it seem like it was a real friendship instead of the hollow emulation it was to begin with.

Fake it until you make it, I guess.

>Get real! Look at which one of us is winning!
I'm not sure what you mean to say with this quote. It's said to Riku, who isn't Roxas's friend, and is a reflexive response to his taunt that was meant to invoke Roxas's connection to Sora.

>strong sense of identity
I wouldn't call it that. "I am me! Nobody else!" doesn't really mean a whole lot when Roxas doesn't even know who he is.

It's not really that he's bolstering his own identity. Rather, he's rejecting the identity others place upon him.

That doesn't necessarily make him "Roxas," it just makes him "not Sora." If that makes sense.

It's true that, by forcing the concept of a friendship, they could form memories together which could establish the basis for a heart.
Not to mention Roxas DOES have a heart that could further facilitate the growth of one in himself and others.

Still, if the intention was to display this gradual shift from imitation to reality, it wasn't delivered. Even when things start blowing up after Day 300, they still do this "we're best friends!" thing like they're reading from a script.

And in general, the emotional state of the trio and the intensity of the drama seem to skyrocket without a real build-up.

It's possible that this is just Nomura having been an amateur dialogue writer, but his work was overseen by both Nojima and Kanemaki, so I can't exactly excuse it.

Will we see darklings in KH III?

>and is a reflexive response to his taunt that was meant to invoke Roxas's connection to Sora
There's way more to it than that. Riku is manipulating him to prove that Roxas' sense of self is an illusion. You said yourself we see Hayner, Pence, and Olette running around on a regular basis to contrast how uncanny the three nobodies are.

If you don't think Roxas isn't asserting himself as an individual, regardless of how other people treat it, maybe you should replay the KH2 prologue.

The problem with conjoining Days Roxas and KHII Roxas is that his memories are wiped when he's placed inside the virtual Twilight Town.

The difference being that this time he has fake memories of a life in Twilight Town, which is arguably more real than the "identity" he had in Days.
It's something he can hold onto much more tightly, and defend.
The Organization's routine doesn't establish a firm sense of identity (which is sort of the point), but KHII Roxas believes he's been a resident of Twilight Town all along, that he belongs there.

So in Days, he's trying to find his own identity.
In KHII, he's defending the one he's "always" had.
Pretty different scenarios.

And anyway, isn't it weird to have Xion die in Roxas's arms, a scene filled with (genuine?) emotion, then smash cut to Riku exposing Roxas for the fake he's always been?
It's weird man.

>smash cut
They show axel receiving the winner stick and xemnas and saix talk about xion's demise and giving the orders to find roxas before it goes to riku and roxas's final fight

That's fair enough, if not for their identical personalities. "I am me! Nobody else!" is no different from, "My heart belongs to me!" in context, so it follows that Roxas established an identity by the end of Days through Xion and Axel. I think that ending was pretty stong. It's very open ended and adds nuance to their existentialism, a question that can't be objectively answered in reality.

Roxas' personality hasn't changed the only thing has the memories that Roxas has in II and Days. In II he's more "complete" compared to the Roxas in Days.

Let's not forget that Roxas ends up slowly regaining his memory up until he rejoins with Sora.

"We're best friends, right?"

It really brings into question how much of Roxas's memory was recovered up until the end of his prologue in II

I always figured he recovered everything by the time he reached Sora. Makes his ending even more crushing that he remembers everything mere minutes before his "life" ends.

>"We're best friends, right?"
That was him faking it

according to what

Ehhh
Yes and no, Roxas could remember that he and Axel were friends and nothing beyond that. Such as who his boss was.

With the HPO medal event in multi, they drop from bosses and the pink eggs. Please do not snipe the eggs and preferably wait till you can get more people in the fight with the egg so more people can get the reward.

Thank you.

Cool if you have the "Ooh, rare!" and "Over here!" chat phrases to alert people in your party to the egg.

Bonus time is 7pm and 11pm PT
It goes for an hour, 30 minutes will be "Expert" missions where you have lvl500 bosses and a lot of pink eggs right in front of you, if you have a players from your party in a mission with no randoms, organize and attack the eggs left to right, one at a time with everyone in the fight with that egg so you're all likely to get the medal, you can sometimes get 2 medals at once, item drop perk apparently works. If you're playing with randoms, it's a lot more difficult as they just snipe.
The next 30 minutes will be normal stages, but the pink eggs rate is the same until bonus hour is up. If it says "quest no longer available' it's because the 30 minutes are up and they're changing stages.

(obvious tip)
The medals require 5 of the same medal to evolve, so don't evolve if you're rerolling traits since you'll be spending 5-6 medals for each roll. Extra Attack is the trait you want, you just need the trait on one of the medals to get it for the HPO medal. Make sure you use that medal as the base though.

How feasible is it for people that have decent levels but are low on other resources? My loadout is pretty okay right now, but I'm far from minmaxed and I feel like I'm too low-level to take on any of the content labelled "difficult".

Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth investing any effort into this if I can't really get anything out of it.

The game makes it obvious that he's faking it. He only knows he's axel's best friend because namine told him he was. He said that quote when axel was about to take him back. Axel wanted to make sure that he was serious and asked him what their bosses name was and he couldn't remember

The HPO medal is still really worth it. It's fine if you can't contribute much damage. Ever since 0.2 Kairi alot of other peoples damage output increased, so ideally you should play support instead. When in an actual boss don't use your medals for attacking and instead just tap on people when they're down.

If you have troubles taking down higher leveled mobs in the map then you should play during Bonus Hours since the maps are just the bosses and eggs.

I have iKairi but don't have 0.2 Kairi, and I generally have a poor track record with Union Cross battles to begin with. It also doesn't help that I'm on Ursus and my party is basically me and my best friend and two people that haven't played in a year at this point.

But if you say it should be fine as long as I run support, then I guess I'll give that a try.

Anything i should save my electrum orbs for?
Or just throw them all at fenrir?
It's already at 23 and i really only use the last 2 slots since the first 3 are buffers that don't usually match the slots

I'll probably never spend money on KHUX, but what's the best bang for your buck? Just the VIP deal every Monday?

>Step it up sempaitachi.
Your turn, famalam.

>tfw I had this a decade ago
>mysteriously disappeared

I'll never get why the chain is so goddamn long though.

Best bang is Weekly ViP Deals. Even then, the best deal is buying it when there's a ViP Medal set thrown in, like Illustrated Vivi or Key Art 9. The next one should be Key Art 10, which is basically a higher tier, 1 turn longer version of Jack and Sally.

>Come back after not playing since Zootopia fiasco
>Start catching up, get some decent new medals, start building up some old medals to hold me over using my stock.
>Run low on Munny and start looking for a good source, remember that there was a Munny daily on the weekdays
>Go look for it.
>Munny Missions moved to VIP Only
What faggot said this was okay?

Bump

Will Aqua's spats be official merchandise?

Sure, why not.

then i can wear them and feel the pleasure of being cummed inside

Uh, I was thinking about just cumming on them but that might work too.

The regular munny mission still pops up randomly, but there's also a VIP one now.

Ohhh shenanigans drop the medals? I had no idea

They're really the only thing that's different about the non-Challenge Boss portion of Bonus time, they have a higher chance of appearing. Makes sense that those fuckers have some medals on them. I was able to get 3 Pences in one quest thanks to them.

Alright so it's late and I'm drunk so I figured it's time to start KH2FM on critical. Is there anything I need to keep in my mind for 100% or can I just blaze through Rucksack's prologue?

I just play the regular levels on my own, that way I can take all the eggs myself.

Assuming by 100% you mean trophies, I don't think anything needs to be done for Roxas' prologue since minigames can be played later

Level summons and drives every chance you get, it will make the grind less tedious later

I can't think of anything else at the moment

You can get the trophy for "win a struggle battle with 200 points" in the prologue but that's about it.
There's a +2 AP boost as well.

While I did grind drives when I got them on my first run, on my second I just wait until the best farming spot was open, and then only did so.

Also the best way to farm summon level is this. youtube.com/watch?v=wwi7APW-2Sk
The guy's voice is kind of annoying but he made a good handful of videos.

also guessing you're not a femanon

you'd guess correctly bucko

Thinking of you, wherever you are

>girls
>on the internet

>on my own

how the fuck do you manage that?

>play with party
>lock and begin
If you get a boss it sucks ass but otherwise the quests are all super easy. Don't expect to win many of the timed missions though.

Thanks anons. Sorry, but I have one last question as I'm looking over the trophies. Should I do Standard/Proud or go straight for Critical? If I can get everything in one run, that'd be great, but I don't -need- to do everything then. I already have to go through KHFM and Re:COM on Proud (since I wanted to get Speedster/Unchanging and just Re:CoM in general out of the way), but if I have to do another run of KH2FM, that's fine. Honestly, Lingering Will and the Gummi Ship missions worry me the most about this run. I have no idea what kind of damage I'll be doing or difficulty I'll be facing. BBS, on the other hand, I'm definitely doing two/six runs on different difficulties.

>freeze the bubble
wat.
can I finally get this chest?

So does 0.2 Kairi allow the Story Mode to be cheesed? I burned 9K jewels on it and still haven't gotten it. I'm thinking of working my way towards another pull, and now seems like a good time.

>Grinding Sora to lvl 99
>Already a pain
>Riku will not have the gift that is Mega Flare
I'm going to be sick of Kingdom Hearts before I even hit KH2.

So Utada's doing the new theme, right? When do you think we'll hear it first? My money's on D23 Japan.

you can do it in one run on critical

My strategy is do critical for the "beat it on critical" trophy and then do another run on easy for everything else.

Gummi ship missions are a piece of cake, even if you don't build the meme doughnut. except for Approach of the Dreadnaught Mission #3 everyone uses meme doughnut for that

I wouldn't bother trying against Lingering Will on critical unless you're a masochist, he was even a bit hard on easy because he can lock off all healing for a while.

That's why I skipped CoM. I have memories of hating it as a kid and people here apparently hate it too, so good riddance. KH2 was about as good as I remembered, though.

Critical is tough at first, but very balanced, as while enemies do lots of damage, so do you. Go for that

As for KHFM, I'd suggest two playthroughs, one on proud and one on beginner for the Speedster/Unchanging

Her dad's confirmed and backtracked twice. There's a good chance though, especially since she's been releasing new music recently

For KH1FM you can get speedster/unchanging/undefeated all incredibly easily in a single run. I got to the final boss in 6 hours and he was relatively easy at that point.

Honestly KH1 starts off hard and gets easier as a general trend, though it sure does fucking love its bosses with sharply homing fireballs and their hurtboxes being in midair. Thank fuck KH2 has a lot less of that.

Alright, so i found a ps4 for sale for about 180$, is it worth it to get 2.8 for it? I'm not getting 1.5+2.5 because i already have both for my ps3

how do I unlock Nova in JP version? forgot how and can't guilt my medals, wasted doubles already before I noticed guilt doesn't unlock...

yeah

>someone asks him if anything's changed
>he confirms her involvement again.

third time's the charm?

Power move

You need to complete story quests until you're given the bangle or whatever they call it in JP. It's somewhere in the 30s, so much earlier than it used to be (200 for Global).

I haven't heard good things about DDD but if you want.

Depends on what medals you have really.

bbs so far is...interesting to say the least
it's not really bad, but I do piss poor damage to everything, even the basic notHeartless

am I supposed to be playing the monopoly game? it doesn't seem to cost anything and leveling up skills seems like a decent thing to do

Do we know if Item Drop perk has an effect on whether we get more medals per quest? I know it's not the easiest thing to test and YMMV because of RNG, but I've gotten more Pence doubles (x2) w/ 12+ perk than Hayners yesterday when I didn't.

1.5+2.5 is the definitive version now that it's been patched up, so I think it's worth it even if you have the PS3 versions.

2.8 is worth it
>better version of DDD
>0.2
>Back Cover
It's a solid package and if you haven't played DDD yet it's pretty essential to catching up for KHIII

Guilt is unlocked at quest 34 now

Command Board is useful for leveling commands, but it isn't necessary.

The poor Keyblade damage is basically just trying to force you into using commands. It's shitty and should have been readjusted for 2.5 honestly.

Only anecdotal evidence so far.

>The poor Keyblade damage is basically just trying to force you into using commands
Yea I kind of figured that. Gameplay seems to be "Mash triangle" now instead of "Mash X".

Do they still have "quick use" stuff or are you just stuck with the one (and then maybe 3 if you position the other two by it)?

You don't have to unless you're going for 100%. It *is* free and you can get some good shit early if you're good at it. Knowing how to fuck the opponent A.I. over is a skill worth mastering. Some of the boards can go on forever, though... good thing you can suspend and come back to it at any time.

Current setup
kh2 ikairi, 0.2 kairi, dragon maleficent (trades off with illustrated sora or maui), saix b, meowjesty

Yes.

>You don't have to unless you're going for 100%.
Is there a trophy for winning at every goal mark or something?

There is a shortcut, it's the orange tab in your deck.

I think the shortcut button is left on the D-pad.

You need to win to fill up the mini games section of the report and level up mirage arena

>good thing you can suspend and come back to it at any time.
WHAT!!!

If you or someone else wants to try, I say do it.

Yea that's what I was talking about, there's a single shortcut, down from 4 in KH2.
Oh well.

>good thing you can suspend and come back to it at any time.
it's literally one of the first things it tells you

yeah I get the feeling a lot of people dont' realize you can do that

just remember, if you do and there's commands placed on the board you can still use them in the game, but you can't meld them or do anything else with them until you get them back. They're highlighted differently in the menus to show that you're basically just borrowing them.

I'm not nearly autistic enough to try. I'll wait for official confirmation. why spoil the magic?

also should i fiddle around with the skill synthesis or just look up a guide

There is also a trophy for winning on every board I believe.
Looking it up is way easier. Go for the good shit instead of random trash.

At first fooling around is fine, get a feel for how it works. Eventually however, you'll start getting nothing but copies of abilities you already filled out and some of the high-tier abilites require specific combinations of commands and materials. You'll especially want to get Once More and Second Chance as soon as possible, especially on higher difficulties.

I've won both of the games I've played.
I didn't even notice how the first time, but then I saw you get an amount of points (going off of the amount of tiles you own?) when you pass start.

>want to get Once More and Second Chance as soon as possible, especially on higher difficulties.
Yea even the first boss was a bit of a bitch with no once/second. Worlds seem KH1 length too, if the first two are anything to go by.

The basic objective is to touch the four colored panels, which fill on your player tab. With all four filled, go back to start for a BP bonus.

You win the game by reaching the goal BP which you can see on the stat screen or when beginning the game.

You can also get BP when players land on your panels or buy them off of you, opening the prize boxes on the map or collecting from your enemies' panels with BP Magnet.
The special panels can also give you BP bonuses depending on the map.

Has there been any news about a final mix version of KH3?
I fucking hope not

No yea I understood most of the mechanics, I just didn't understand what contributed to the "pass go" bonus a first.

Aqua must enjoy the beach.

At this point I would hope Square Enix just makes it DLC.