/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

BULLIES WHERE WE AT?

No vampires allowed edition

Here are some comparisons between Amidianborn textures and SkyRealism-Shiny textures. Sorry for the low picture quality but what does everyone think? Should I use Shiny over Amidianborn for these particular armors?

Use both, let amidan overwrite shiny. And get a friggin ENB.

I would not use the Glass or Elven shiny textures, everything else looks great and superior to amidian in my opinion.

Use whatever the hell strikes you fancy. Get your own opinion and tastes.

ENBs lag my game so no thanks haha

So about Vignar Graymane...

He's the oldest (living) member of the Companions, Vilkas claims he knows their history "almost as well as Vignar" which implies he knows lots, he'll side with you if you transform in the middle of town while he's around and the guards attack...

... is Vignar, potential Jarl of Whiterun in the event of Stormcloak takeover, a damned dirty werewolf?

use skyrealism meshes with amidianborn textures, same goes for the skyrealism patch for better shaped weapons with amidianborn or other hd weapon textures

Wolf - Amidianborn better
Steel - No preference
Glass - Skyrealism better
Elven - Amidianborn better (But get the 'dark' armor that looks almost black)
Dwarven - No preference
Blades - Skyrealism better

>haha

Are you roleplaying as someone who hasn't finished the companions questline? Or are you totally new to the game?

Or did you miss the part where EVERY member of the circle is a werewolf, where Vignar states he's one and looking for a cure, and the last mission which is all about curing him posthumously?

Yeah, Midian is too fucking dark sometimes.

Name the best waifu and husbando of each race
>nord
>imperial
>redguard
>breton
>altmer
>dunmer
>bosmer
>argonian
>khajiit
Orcs need not apply since they're always shit

You sure the meshes for skyrealism is what gives it the shine rather than the textures? It wont just overwrite Amidianborn completely?

Also this is a fresh install, textures come first before an ENB. Sorry for the vanilla lighting though.

Why would you post that?

>khajiit
Euka

Only one I give a shit about.

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

the meshes are edited to bring out the cubemaps more better while the skyrealism textures themselves are fairly flat so the detail in reflections can show, like how SPOA Silver Armor works. Amidianborn is still better quality for textures and they wont overwrite each other unless you use bodyslide for vanilla armors

Shiny look great on dwemer armor.

I thought i had solved the crash issue. But as i went further into Scourg Barrow it has only gotten worse. Now the game outright refuses to launch if my saves are in the game folder. The Save cleaner finds no fault in them, and the game refuses to create logs so that i could at least try to identify the problem. I am morally defeated.

How has your day been, /tesg/?

Vignar is not Kodlak.

Did you do a Windows update not that long ago? I had to roll back, Windows latest update is messing up with people's MO profiles for some reason.

So if I untick the boxes for the textures when installing through MO, the Amidianborn textures which I installed early on will work fine and still show some shine?
Since the cubemaps are textures too, will this method depend on how shiny Amidianborn cubemaps are to see how much shine comes through?

You're right, my bad. I got the two mixed up.

Honestly I forget the guy even exists most of the time, he's incredibly forgettable. Only Graymane worth remembering is Eorlund.

How do I install Unique Landscapes?

Kinda shit for Morganna. She refused to kill witches and got tricked.

I use a pirated version of Windows 7 Ultimate, neutered from any and all updates, and no software changes at all. It's some sort of gradual decay of the game itself.

Read the mod page.

Maybe you should post some lewds to make her feel better

Skyrim is too damn tiny.

When will some modder double the size of the world? It's so goddamn small and crowded. I'm OK with all the content there is but the world DESPERATELY needs to be bigger!

>using a torch and a lantern
Skooma not even once.

One should never talk down to people unless they're absolutely, positively 100% certain about what they're talking about. Alternatively, never talking down to people works too.

I thought about this and I wondered if it was even possible. I mean, they don't even need to expand on any particular landmark, just doubling every exterior cells in between cities would be nice.

don't tick off the textures, just let amidianborn overwrite skyrealism in MO. the power of the cubemaps shinyness is mostly through the edited meshes skyrealism has so they should be fairly shiny compared to vanilla, depends on enb as well

Or put the aMideanBorn textures below SkyRealism in the left window, since you're using MO. Either way.

It says to install with Wyre Bash so the install scripts make things work, but no install scripts are activating.

post night time shots!

Vignar is an entirely inconsequential nobody so forgetting he exists isn't a stretch.

those are mighty pretty.

>those are mighty pretty.
y-you too

Jarl of Whiterun for Stormcloaks. Besides, Kodlak never tries to be the Jarl and it would be hard to since he fucking dies.

Even just using context clues one could figure out they're not talking about Kodlak Whitemane, so it's a double problem of not knowing what's being discussed and not being able to read a post.

>Jarl of Whiterun for Stormcloaks
People side with the Stormcloaks? Why?

The Wolf strode upon great Jorrvaskr, to meet the sons of Ysgramor; They said what are you but a harbinger, to leave us hopeless and forlorn;
The Wolf bore its fangs and spread its claws, and tore at its own hide; Drink the blood, and become my sons, or by dawn you'll never survive;
And so the pack was born again as the Wolves of Jorrvaskr; To rule in life and serve in death, as the moonlight bound hunter.
And so the pack was born again as the Wolves of Jorrvaskr; To rule in life and serve in death, as moonlight's dark hunter.

>entirely inconsequential
Well he's not Ulfric Stormcloak or Tullius but come on user.

Because they aren't the Empire.

So in Oblivion, at what level should I start running out to get some of the leveled items and artifacts?

because they dont feel like lubing up for the thalmor

Get a mod that unlevels that shit.

Yeah but they're led by a racist nord supremacist. I can understand (and agree with) some of their ideals but the prick leading them isn't worth following. I can't, in good conscience, assist him in his mad bid for power.

Any time. Use proper mods that level quest reward items or always give you the highest leveled versions. Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul is a good one.

thats the Empire

People keep saying Ulfric is racist but there's no substance to it at all. Sure he's a power hungry fool, but his cause is true and Skyrim would be way better off independent. Oh, and Titus Mede II makes him look like a genius, so there's that.
>thats the Empire
...who abandoned him. That's what you meant to say, right? Besides, Talos himself tells you in Morrowind that the Empire's going to shit. It's even worse when Skyrim rolls around.

the empire abandoned its people in signing that treaty

POST YER NEWEST SCREENSHOT

Talos' Empire died with the Septim bloodline, there's nothing left but vultures and parasites.

>wahhh hes so racist ;(((((((

yeah hes so racist he took in all those Dunmer refugees when he could've let them die out in the cold

hes so racist he allows any race to join the Stormcloaks and even become his thane

as good a time as any

is there a mod that mirrors this part of the forsworn armor onto the other arm?

this part looks so gnarly

uninspiring as always

>People keep saying Ulfric is racist but there's no substance to it at all
Segregation of a populace and forcing certain racists into living in slums is hardly 'no substance', user.

The thalmor are a minimal threat that's mostly self-defeating. They're already building up too much resentment with their pogroms in Valenwood, they're being held fast by the redguards, the next Mane has more than enough cause to rebel against them, and they can barely manage to hold any influence at all in Skyrim (Not even enough to get Ulfric pardoned or released when about to be executed; it was pure luck that Alduin showed up when he did).

If the people of Tamriel want to actively oppose the Thalmor and not just hold out on their own, then reunification of the empire is the best way to proceed. Skyrim may be in no danger now when they could hold off Summerset's armies, but at the same token they lack the strength to actively oppose their elven adversaries.

Eyy that worked like a charm, thanks a bunch.

No, that's turnabout user. Ulfric was forcing the racist dark elves to experience what their racism had done to immigrants for years, by doing it to them.

>download that order of the virtuous blood mod
>start playing
>literally run into 5 fucking vampires one after another in the imperial city
>go to sleep in battlehorn castle surrounded by my men-at-arms
>every hour I'm interrupted with dreams and when I wake up l'm suddenly a vampire
GOLLY GEE GREAT MOD

>Segregation of a populace and forcing certain racists into living in slums is hardly 'no substance', user.
How is it segregation? He didn't force them to live outside like the lizards. He let the Dunmer in the same city as the rest of the humans. What, did you expect he would kick people out of their homes so that the Shatter-Shields could have Dunmer neighbors like a modern SJW utopia?

I've always wanted to try it but that sounds bad.

>The thalmor are a minimal threat that's mostly self-defeating.
And the Empire STILL couldn't deal with them, when an independent Hammerfell could all by themselves. It's fucking sad.

>Segregation of a populace

What was he supposed to do? Kick out his own citizens so refugees could move in?

Putting them in the slums was literally the only choice besides leaving them to rot outside the walls.

>Thalmor are a minimal threat

Oh so you're just a retard

At first I thought someone in the city was infecting me while I slept. But then I saw it was just retardation. According to the mod creator you'll catch a cure disease resistant strain of it and become a carrier, and it won't go away until a certain point in the questline. Which is fucking retarded.

To be fair keeping the Argonians outside the walls was a smart choice. If he had let the Dunmer and Argonians live in cramped quarters together in the slums, it would've turned into a bloodbath

Actually that sounds pretty cool.
Lemme know if there are any super powerful bosses in the mod, that'll sell it to me.

>alice posting futa monsters in a /v/ skyrim thread again

It's not even really Ulfric's decision either. That's a Skyrim-wide practice that was there while under Torygg's rule. The only place you really see it broken is Riften, which coincidentally is a Stormcloak hold.

why dont you just stay on /v/ forever

I just find it safe to assume anyone who thinks Ulfric is a racist is from reddit

Why did I mod skyrim into a degenerate dog-fucking paradise?

I never realized that /tesg/ was so full of stormcloak apologists

Because it's fun.

Feel free to cry about it in reddit any time, I'm sure you'll get lots of upboats.

I aim to please you, random user

Probably, I cleared out a cave with a special vampire boss and he had a note that seemed to imply some organization.

CHIM

>1280x960
>in 2017
Why are you still playing games on your prebuilt from 2001?

Because i'd rather buy food than change a monitor that still works. Pleasing strangers on the internet is not a priority.

It fascinates me how people can play skyrim for so long.

What niche does the game fill for you guys?

character creation and adventure

spend hours creating a character

Exploration, photo simulator autism, DIY fun, interesting community, and it's a good way to exericse my imagination.

Making cute characters and going on/making adventures while taking screenshots

Screenshotter tips? What's the best angle for a butt?

Do you go to every "dead game" general and ask this question?

Angled shots are best for butts

oh dear god, he can smile. sorta.