Veeky Forums can't agree on much...

Veeky Forums can't agree on much, but we can at least agree that the death of the yellow turn signal was the worst thing to ever happen, right?

Amber turn signals are a legal requirement here mate.
No idea why anyone would want to get rid of them and make things harder to differentiate anyway.

Amber turn signals are required outside of the US.
Only domestic cars in the US has red turn signals, and have for decades and decades.

I think red rear blinker lights are only used in America (USA and adjacent countries, at least).
Amber has been the rule in Europe for decades (although I think some early turn lights were red).
Also, is it true that rear fog lights aren't required in USA? Most European countries require cars to be fitted with at least one rear fog light (either at the left side or the centre) from factory.

I didnt even know that rear fogs were a thing honestly. I would see euro cars with these bright ass taillights and i always thought that there was some electrical issue with the car. I only found their real purpose when i bought a volvo that had a rear fog.

Most cars in the US dont have a rear fog light, the only ones i see with them are european cars, and the drivers always have them on when they shouldnt.

Regular tail light brightness by European rules is lower than in North America, in return there's a seperate extra bright light for adverse conditions. American rules opt to have the tail lights a bit brighter all the time and instead do without an extra bright light. Many people know that Americans don't have rear fog lights, but very few people know that the tail light brightness differs in return.

I prefer amber bulb turn signals.

I think what user means is clear enclosures with amber bulbs, which is the norm on modern cars.
Although there is every likelihood he is a brainlet

I miss when Toyota used pink lenses in their lineup during the 2000's

So American bulbs have a higher wattage? Here in Europe, tail lights are 5 w, and brake, reverse, fog and blinkers 20/21 w.

IMO red and white looks nicer on the taillights. Orange in tail lights makes me think of unpainted bumpers and steelies.

audis have red turn signals

Very sad about this

altezzas are the worst thing to happen to tail lights

No.

Illegal immigration encouragement and support, leading to a HUGE surplus in uneducated drivers on the roads without any talent in negotiating spacial awareness, or the pedal on the right, with the added benefit of what could only be explained as a blatant rip-off of Polka music blasting out of every open window of a Tahoe, Suburban, Civic, and Metro was the worst thing to ever happen.

This was followed swiftly by the aging baby boomers in "muh classics" who didn't know that the cars they drive can, and should, go above 55 (while ironically listening to, "I can't drive, fifty fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive").

This was then followed closely by the liberal populous, the hipster populous, the pretend hipster populous that also looked like they were pretending to be in the "scene" scene, and the moped rider stopping at every crosswalk to talk to their push-cart buddies.

This was then quickly followed up by the cell phone generation, where pretty much everyone complains about getting their license, has no respect for self-reliability, mechanical know-how, and for some reason thinks starving themselves is somehow going to make a hamburger appear in a starving 4 year old African's hand, while single handedly supporting the contribution of oceanic polluting through copious plastic drink consumption.

Did I get everyone?

his is surprisingly accurate.

nigga amber AND red is gay af

get on my level pussy

>Those cars with one light that acts as a brake light and a turn signal so that way when the bulb burns out you can't see when they're turning AND when they're braking

European regulations can be pretty tight, but I will give them credit where its due. Blinkers should be conspicuous as fuck and easily seen. Enough with this red light horseshit.

Most cars/trucks with stop/tail/turn combo lights have multiple bulbs or LED clusters. Only stock semi tractors have a single light on each side.

Don't mind me, just posting the best looking turn signals of all time.

>Only domestic cars in the US has red turn signals, and have for decades and decades.
I did not know that. I grew up when econobox imports were a big thing due to the oil crisis, and I just assumed the yellow turn signals were something "new."

I miss the yellow. It made it easier to notice what the lights were indicating at a glance.

Not particularly fond of cars that put the tail lights, brake lights and blinkers in one location and the fog light and reverse light in a completely different location. I like to have it all in one visual cluster.

I live in a gulf state and all murrican cars are US-spec with red rear blinkers. They're such an annoyance to drive behind, especially in long lines of cars; orange blinkers are much more visible.

>What are Wranglers

This. Never liked reverse lights in the bottom of the bumper; they are less visible, and don't look that good, either.

Amber turn signals should be a requirement for all cars everywhere. Sometimes in traffic you can't see if someone wants to switch lanes or they are gas brake types.

I dont really care but i hate cars with one reverse light and one fog light like my panda has

No true, Civics have Red Turn signals on some trims.

Just off of the top of my head I can think of the Dodge Caravan, Ford Fusion, Chevy S10 that run on single filament bulbs. I guarantee there is a ton more but I have spent many hours behind those 3 vehicles playing the guessing game of blinkers.

**most**
There are a lot of single bub systems. If it goes out you still got the other side, the high mount brake light and the side blinkers which isn't a big deal.

It's always funny seeing brand new $80k Benz' and Audi's with entire LED clusters "burnt out".

it's the new norm so people don't mistake fog light and stop light

Most car models won't bother with two reverse lights and two fog lights because it's not legally required and costs money.