/bbg/- Bloodborne General

got shot at the zoo >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSSzgZkKH5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember the old rhyme:
If you go for pure skill
Then yourself you'll want to kill

SHIT Why is pure skill so bad in a game about being a dodging little turd?

>no edition

Wow I need sliders. Literally the best looking female I've seen in bloodborne.

PETA edition

>luci_faces.jpg

>pure SKL
>bad

Excuse me? You're even using a fucking Saw Spear, it's like playing the game on easy mode.

huh, there's a layer 4. interesting

Thanks.

Talking of Runes, this is a character from over a year ago so I can't remember my thought processes, but I have Great Lake (4% all DMG reduction), Clawmark (Visc attacks up 20%), Clockwise (HP+10%), and Hunter (Stamina speed recovery up).

How good or bad is that? The damage reduction stands out to me as an obvious weakpoint.

SRRC picked me up almost instantly this time, what wizardry is this

youtube.com/watch?v=iSSzgZkKH5M

>find illusory wall
>treasure room is completely empty, including no decorations or statues at all
>except for pthutato at the end of the room

Pthutato why have you forsaken us

If I take my Saw Cleaver and make it do all fire damage is that just directly better against beasts than its physical, normal form? As fire it would do 144+38 (182), as physical 144+109 (253).

I fucking SWEAR there is something to OoS drops and high insight

I just got to mensis with 80 something insight, the first brainbitch dropped me a triangle, and then 2 farms later I got a radial.

Okay, that's weird as fuck luck (actually worse than droplets in this instance but whatever)

So then I go back into ailing loran dungeon right after equipping them, kill one of the madmen at the lever and he drops me a fucking triangle

I even got offshape kinhunter in the maingame in yarhar from a casket just before all this

best rune setup in general is 2x clockwise (15% + 10%) and an anti-clockwise (20%).

Right now I only have the 10% clockwise and 15% anti.

Depends on your stats and how effective your gems are. Fire gems are for Arcane builds, so if you aren't building that up and leveling Str and/or Skl instead then use Physical gems.

you get tier 3 runes in chalices

Is it random?

these are the glyphs:
h3up6y2d - anti-clock in the bonus area before the lamp
upe5fkqt - clockwise in the bonus area before the lamp

a lot of slugs some red jelly and a lost kirkhammer on layer 1. and a fair amount of hunters. thanks Hibiki and Yuria, had a blast with you two

I don't meet the requirements. Oh well, I've have to do it later.

Thanks a lot pretty lad

I want to agree with you since I've done /a lot/ of farming with both high and low amounts of insight, but it's really hard to say. I try to keep my insight high when farming just in case though, but I wouldn't bet my life on it making a difference.

No problem! That was a fun chalice

Bloodletter or Wheel?

Guys, I need help with defiled hotdog. Pass is hotdog, I'll ring at the lamp.

I'll SRRC in now.

there's also a theory when farming for adept gems that if you're using a mainly thrust weapon you'll end up getting adept blunts and vise versa. actually happened to me one time, was using the amy arm during farming session and kept getting thrusts, so I switched to the church pick and got two decent blunts with shit curses.

Ringing at the lamp

I keep seeing this thinking appear many many times since the game released and I've seen too much smoke from supposed fires to consider it a coincidence anymore.
I genuinely do believe high insight buffs the drop rate for off shape gem drops, even if slightly but who can prove it. I always make sure I'm 99 at all times while farming just because why not.

I've even seen people speculating that holding the Yharnam Stone on your character might influence a minor item find/offshape buff too. I can't say, no one can. These games are famous for hidden math shenanigans.

I wouldn't be surprised years from now when people crack open the PS4 and dig around in BB they find really really strange random shit, like:
>after using an umbilical chord, a hidden global item buff is active for 60 minutes after use
>sprinting while having two cannons equipped (????) causes you to take very slightly more instability damage
>being parried by a headshot adds a hidden 10% bonus to the followup critical
>wearing the "crumpled yarnham hat" decreases your aggro range only by yharnamites by .5 feet
>wearing the madman set buffs item find by .000001%

Just weird hidden stuff all over the place attached to random pieces of armour sets and things like that.

How much better is the Saw Spear than Cleaver?

Did I get cucked?

Cleaver has better AR but Spear has a better moveset and both forms are serrated. It's situational.

Thanks, bros

Just how much of a difference does serrated make? Isn't it just +20%?

My Saw Cleaver's at 171+210, my Ludwig's is at 200+462 (the latter is +10, the cleaver is +9).

I see someone is trying to get in again, but I can't stop dying. Sorry.

Oh I stopped ringing because I thought I got cucked. Do you have 2?

I have none, I died three times in like 5 minutes.

This but it also depends which tricked moveset you prefer. They're pretty much identical untricked, but SSpear's tricked mode has Thrusts which is useful for Physical builds against Kin. I'd say they're pretty equal.

You rused me by posting a thanks. I'll come back to the lamp.

Yeah 20% bonus against Beasts. LHB untricked has garbage modifiers so Saws will most likely be better for dps.

You can do that, yeah. You could start the DLC anytime but it's meant for endgame

Are you waiting at the lamp? Is your BMH greying out?

Already killed Amy with Alba and Cheese. Thanks anyway.

>LHB untricked has garbage modifiers
What do you mean? The only modifier I can see is the Righteous one which is apparently +50% in both forms.

Good summon area for 84? Just got a Paarl summon straight away but no luck since then.

Moveset modifiers, the untricked sword has attack modifiers around 0.70 for r1s while almost everything else is around 1

If you've done chalices SRRC is always pretty reliable if you can stomach walking people through story chalices. You could try the DLC or just other lategame areas at that level.

DLC

Not him but modifiers refer to moveset multipliera that cause each type of attack do different damage. For example Blades of Mercy have great multipliers on its running and dash R1, axe has crap multipliers on the dash and trick attack.

>Decide to give random SRRC co-op a shot
>Host explores every nook and cranny of the story chalice
>That's fine, it's clear he just started doing this
>20 minutes later we finally get to the boss fog
>Summons NPC Madman Waller
>T-This is fine, I can melt the boss with pizza-cutter if shit goes wrong
>He gets one-shotted the second he exits the fog

SRRC coop is the greatest test of patience there is

shit dudes what's a good wep until i get moonlight bois

Cane

where am i putting stats for this godly weapon

Like every other build in the game just use Saws until you get the weapon you want to use.

Just use the saw spear until you get the hmls. I suppose you're going for an ARC build? Converted Cane is pretty good with 50 ARC, but it's shit early on.

Is there a worse weapon than Threaded Cane?

kos parasite

kirkhammer

What time is it now in the US? Why is the thread so dead?

Like 1 AM over here.

Ye, and morning in yurop.

4:07pm here in the land of Emu's and madcunts mate

It's 2.15 in SEA here.

Anyone in the mood for a Ludwig?
Hit me with a (you) if you wanna

Ok

Yes

Alright, password is bbg
Ringing before Ludwig boss fog, will wait for a second

Coming!

anyone want to come with me to cainhurst?
pass is fruit
im at the first lantern

omw

This is taking a while, I will restart and then rering, give me a minute

You still there?

Alright, ringing again at Ludwig, password is still bbg
Before boss fog

Still ringing res, user.

Not sure why this isn't working then...

Maybe ringing at the lamp would work? If not I'll restart.

Ok, ringing by lamp just before the fight then

It worked!

Cheese cake is here, ringing by bell, need one more for Ludwig!

wh-what happened

Oh dear, ringing at the Ludwig lamp again
Bad luck :^)

What level are you?

Thanks Hibiki and Cheesecake
Love you!

Pleasure as always!

51, whys that?

Just wondering what level people were trying Ludwig at.

Guys, I need help with lower loran AB and camera beast. Pass is shock. I'll be at the lamp.

omw

Coming

>camerabeast

Oh that reminds me

>Boss is physically huge so it fucks your camera

>It's limbs are incredibly thin and hard to hit even when the fucking things are somehow still for .2 seconds

>The boss itself can somehow instantly backpeddle across the room the moment you seem able to land a hit

>spend minutes at a time slashing empty air thinking you're hitting the fucker

>everytime you try to do anything IMMA FIRIN MAH -90% HEALTH LOSS-

>framerate is out of control so the dodging of said blast is really hard to fucking time because time will literally slow down because the engine has tied framerate to literal gamespeed

He can go fuck himself, I have PTSD from that cunt, no fucking thanks

Thanks Yuria and Hibi. Sorry for goofing around too much, didn't remember where the lever were. Are you guys up for Isz now? I just need to farm some ritual blood first.

I am looking at a spreadsheet and it shows the best arcane gem is +%24.8 with a random secondary effect
But it also lists a gem that can be of a random damage type and +%27.2
If I was going full virgin for the best gems, which would be better?
The first because it could have a bonus arcane damage by chance?

No worries, I didn't mind at all. Also sure thing, same pass? I'll just SRRC while I wait since I'm not doing anything.

Yes, same password.

good build for blades of mercy? on my first playthrough and using ludwig's right now but am bored of it

50 VIT and 50 SKL. The rest of the points can go wherever you like.

It's your first playthrough, you shouldn't be worrying about builds desu.