/vn/ - Fun Edition

Visual Novel General #1556

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/17/mcdonalds-japans-new-avocado-beef-chicken-and-shrimp-burgers-look-surprisingly-good/
google.com/search?q=vanilla on a pizza&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV37fHxabVAhUCwxQKHd2LAWUQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638
twitter.com/jastusa/status/889308527541596162
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I LIKE LOLIS!

DELAYED DELAYED DELAYED

I really wanna read Tamie's route in PE

Pat pat

Kei best girl

>hey, I have a great idea for a route
>we'll have the protagonist make zero decisions and just repeat variations of "I don't know what to say" and "I don't know what to do"
>oh, and we'll have the main heroine constantly trying to NTR herself with the other childhood friend character so that everyone spends the entire route in listless misery
>also all of the other heroines drop massive inadvertent red-pills, making it impossible to go through their routes
I've never played a VN wherein a single route managed to wreck the entire game so hard. Even the retarded Kirari route in KiraKira wasn't this bad.

douzo

I love you

subahibi releases august. good thing frontwing dragged it away from herkz before he inserted a million memes

Through determination, the dream became true.

gross

That western VN isn't even that bad, desu, I'm kinda surprised. The only thing I dislike is that there is no voice acting and the horribly boring and repetitive music. It just makes me sleepy and angry at the same time. But other than that, the character art and writing is pretty good and it has a lot of choices.

What western vn?

おやすみ

>no voice acting
Would you really want to hear amateur English voice actors? The Gabeworks Opala games are partially voiced, and it's awful.

Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

It's called Crimson Gray. Came out a couple of days ago or something like that. If you check like four or five threads back there should be a mega link.

I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to that, VA adds a lot to a VN. I wouldn't mind amateur English voice actors if they're not horrible and you could turn voices off if you don't like them. I know it's only one dude (?) that made this VN, but it is really short, the cast is not more than a handful of people and he makes 4400$ through Patreon alone, so it should not be completely impossible. I don't want to sound like I'm bitching though, I'm having a lot of fun playing it, it doesn't ruin the game or anything. It's alright.

nadenade

What the fuck, Steam quality control is really dead.

lotta shilling for this particular evn and not anything else, I wunder why...

Not shilling anything, I just share VN experiences. I couldn't care less about the developer, desu and it's really stupid to shit on EVN's just for being EVN's, when there are only like 2 or 3 good ones out there.

Why is Jap fast food so awful, goddamn.

There is no good EVN. Please read the OP and talk about your trash on Reddit or the EVN general.

I let my guard down because it's been awhile since I have read an evn and I like Yandere. I think I'll wait another few years before trying them again.

en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/17/mcdonalds-japans-new-avocado-beef-chicken-and-shrimp-burgers-look-surprisingly-good/
Actually a real thing. I would even eat it if it didn't had disgusting avocados, but I feel like McDonalds has to come up with crap like that to pull in the crowd, the Japanese have a very distinctive cuisine, so western piggus are struggling.

>There is one good evn

Not a VN

>There is no good EVN
Try again, sweetie

Not a VN

Anyone want to guess what the excuse will be for the next delay?

Japanese pizzas upset me greatly, but that might have more to do with the fact that I only like vanilla pizza variants.

HOW IS DIES IRAE +18 STILL NOT RELEASED?

The damage control answer
>"We had to delay it, to fix bugs and REALLY polish the game! We just want to give you the best version possible, remember that Japanese guy saying: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” That's basically what this is"
What I'm expecting to read on Twitter
>"Wow, so we bring you games and you still complain? We work our asses of and read Ramen Cup 6 times a week and for what? So you can shit on us! Why are VN fans such ungrateful, little pricks? Instead of bitching how about you buy the fucking special edition next time, maybe I would be able to afford rent this month!"

"We've decided EOPs don't deserve another VN with a blood-related imouto"

Why would someone put vanilla on a pizza?

Followed up by Dovac crying about how bad his farts smell and wondering why no one retweets

google.com/search?q=vanilla on a pizza&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV37fHxabVAhUCwxQKHd2LAWUQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638

>Japanese pizza

^_^

Of course it only hurts them to delay it at this point, considering the Princess Evangile fandisc is going to be the higher profile title on Steam.

>Even the retarded Kirari route in KiraKira wasn't this bad.

what the FUCK did you just say

I'd give my life for Maya

I fully expect to see a complaint about it under performing. As bad as Kickstarters are, they do give an individual title a lot of publicity and allows them to sell a bunch of overpriced crap. It may have an anime, but that anime won't actually accomplish anything seeing that it was a forgettable show that few watched more than a year ago, and it will be releasing up against a another moege (PE fandisc) from a franchise that got a fair amount of publicity back during the Steam craze.

I dare you to name a better VN artist than Hamashima Shigeo. Nobody surpasses him. He fucking did it again, boys.

I hate this guy, when does he get replaced?

Does DSP work for Sekai or something?

idk user but the steam version is pretty gud

Speaking of which still not sure whether i even want to start Reas route after how great of a ride and conclusion Maries was

Kys pedo

me and my cats

>fullscreen

kill yourself immediately

>He doesn't play full screen
I bet you watch your movies and play your other games windowed too, in fear of mommy or daddy catching you.

It's almost time.

I guess I will give it a try since my game got delayed

You're done in about half a dozen hours anyway, it's a decent, snack-sized VN. Pretty good after I finished that 60hour behemoth.

>not having 2 screens
lmao what a nerd

Alright.

>newfaggotry
>in my /vn/

Will the chivalrous and loyal best friend ever get his own happiness?

Will he ever get his own route?

Will we ever get anything else from Empress than Starless? I want femdom in space, for fucks sacke!

>your post could easily mean 2 things
>newfaggotry

>not posting Michiko from Closed Game
She did unimaginable things to my dick. They have literally perfected the art of drawing nukige.
Literally never now that JAST dropped nukige

いつか夢は終わるだろう

The OST in this game really gets to me. I'm not even that far in yet.

>JAST

It's not fair

I love you, /vn/.

It's a damn shame JAST dropped nukige and a bigger one, that no one else wants to pick them up. I'm really fucking excited for Machine Child, though

>he likes his art outstretched

Wait, someone opens full size images instead of hovering?

twitter.com/jastusa/status/889308527541596162
Which one of you faggots posted this?

>translating shit art ancient nukige
I will never understand it.

Stop talking shit about my waifu

probably because old shit is cheaper to license

Delaying it again would actually completely lead to it being a bomb. W Happiness would come out first and get all the attention.

>W Happiness would come out first and get all the attention
Oh my god please let this happen. My dick would be so hard.

Did I miss another piece of drama, what delay?

SP delayed their newest title 1 hour before it was supposed to release citing a "memory leak" as the reason for the delay. Which we all know is a lie considering how they release unfinished shit.

Thanks, just checked it out on Twitter. Although I'm not interested in the title, last minute delays always suck, especially since they said they needed "a few days" to fix them up.

Back to the origins
They used to be the one that appropriating fan translations but now that Sekai Project is doing that better than they ever could, they're back to nukige
Still impressed they acquired Majikoi though

Well 'a few days' is apparently 19 hours from now according to steam.
But who knows, Sekai project has a habit of finding new and interesting ways to disappoint me.

>Maggot Baits announced over a year ago
>"Translation: 45%"
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY WORKING ON A DOZEN TITLES AT THE SAME TIME

R U R I K O
U
R
I
K
O

Stop reminding me that we won't get the fandisc.

To prevent other people from working on them, they've got like 40 titles sitting in storage waiting to see the light of day.

There is but one way out from underneath Sekai's heel user, If you have the strength of will.

Kouryuu was busy with DC3 until like 6 months ago, MG doesn't consist of one translation team taking 1 title at the time you sperg.

MangaGamer has 22 titles they're working on if I'm not mistaken. SP has 44 titles.

I can read this, Die Irae here I co..oh right its Muramasa now.

Already lost my motivation once after a few months. I can't do it.

Maggot Baits is actually really long.

>Length Medium (10 - 30 hours)

me and my cats

Please understand.

The point is Sekai picks up licenses and leaves them the languish in translation hell.
Does anyone have that vndb screencap of all the titles Sekai still hasn't released?

>your cats
>not even taking the screenshot yourself
These are stolen cats, user.

Maggot Baits is done by MangaGamer. But you're still right. Like says. SP has 2x more VNs than MangaGamer.

This is a fox girl. Look at that puffy tail, whomst not belongs to a catgirl (scientific term: neko). And you call yourself a connoiseur? You're racist.

50 unreleased titles.