What the fuck is this shit? When did window sills become so tall?

What the fuck is this shit? When did window sills become so tall?

>safety regulations tightening
>car manufacturers dress up regulations as "aerodynamic", "modern", or "sleek" designs
>shit out concept designs&cars exaggerating motion (AKA smaller windows)

When safety trumped practicality

Imagine buying a premium car and not being able to see the road as a rear passenger.

That's why I want one of these, the greenhouse is rediculous

/Thread

You can shit on the Multipla for being ugly all you want, at least it allows you to fucking see everything around you.

>lucked out and bought the last year model of car this year, before rear cameras became mandatory

phew

>You can shit on the Multipla for being ugly

>Multipla
>Ugly

pick one

Fair enough, it is Italian after all and everyone knows the Italians don't make mistakes when it comes to aesthetics.

driving a car with high visibility is super comfy

It truly was a better time.

>hating on rear view cameras
Confirmed for never driven a car with them before.

How come German brands have been able to keep the traditional sedan body lines for so long? Is it because they use superior grade steel

I think it's because TÜV regs are more difficult than DOT, so they have to be a bit more creative

What's wrong? are you a manlet?

It's all a well crafted illusion. This car has a D pillar.

Pretty sure beltlines have inched up ever so slightly anyway, but maybe they didn't cut the rooflines down as drastically or something.

I'm just gonna say Kraut space magic.

Holden did a good job too.

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of ALL THIS GLASS HAHAHAA

>laughs in goldfish

>being a manlet

As a carbureted and crank windows luddite, I admit that rear view cameras is by far the MOST useful addition for cars in the last two decades. Period.

>german brands

Uses a fake brand from a fucking rebranded VW as an example.

lel

Since the car is produced by fucking koreans...

>implying VW isn't the most German brand of all

you call that visibility?

That's nothing compared to this.

>that clothe and plastic prison

gross.

Who's going to sit there? Midgets? It doesn't look like there's head room for anyone over 4'9"

kek'd

I have driven more cars than I can count on my pubic follicles and I would take good all round visibility and real people sized mirrors over cameras, hands down.

Jesus Christ. Look at the front head rests. Why do they have to tilt your head in at 45°?

Why not both?

Then why allude to a rebranded VW for retards instead of using a proper VW photo?

>it's FWD too

This, rear view cameras are a convenience but if you can actually see out the back they're fairly useless.

My car's visibility is fine but my rear window tint is so dark I can't see out of it, so the camera is a useful feature.

Is MATV/MRAP design being pushed into consumer cars?
V-hulls when?

>SVX
Great visibility for seeing out of your garage as you're fixing it for the 900th time.

the birth of windowlets

This should be the minimum size

isn't it safer to be able to see out the fucking windows in the first place though

>implying safety isn't practical
>implying it's practical for passengers to need to see outside the vehicle
Lmao

Because who the hell cares what badge it's wearing when it's a relevant design example?

What are you implying? That everyone wants a car with turrets for windows?

Just saying he's talking about practicality but then he acts like passengers need to be able to see out the window... For what reason?

This shit doesn't just affect the passengers, user.

To enjoy the fucking scenery? Sorry not everyone wants to bury their face in a phone Everytime they're in a passenger seat

I'm not arguing against that. I'm saying that the guys post was "safety over practicality." In what situation is it more practical to see out the window and be safe?

When you can see an incident coming and take preventative action you moron, we'd be driving bumper cars with blinders on by your logic

>What the fuck is this shit?
Side impact safety standards take into account the high number of SUV, crossovers, and trucks on the road. As a result, the height of hoods and trunks rose up to accommodate higher impacts not just from higher bumpers, but from heavier vehicles.

Your door sill height is one symptom of that safety change. If you want to revert, then outlaw all the tall vehicles out there that might hit you on the side.

Can you imagine your new sill height if the majority of vehicles on the road were as tall as the one in this picture? The NHTSA with the DOT would turn your windows into slits in order to get enough steel in place to reduce crash test dummy deaths from side impacts.

>It doesn't look like there's head room for anyone over 4'9"
Open up the sunroof then.

Did i leave the stove on?

C-HR is such an abomination, I hope it's a total sales flop

So it's literally just
>American problems
Maybe the Europeans and Japanese were right in taxing high displacement engines. Bigger engine, more power, more power, bigger car.

reverse cameras are mostly used to remedy the blindspot created by the ass of the car. It helps you not run over cats, dogs, ducks, toys, catterpillars, etc when reversing.

Even with an estate, with a flat back, you'll still ha ve a massive blindspot.

>manlets complaining about technology leaving them behind
lmao, welcome to the real world
it's called natural selection

The celica was the first car I remember being in that was like this. I was just a little kid at the time and my dad asked me what I thought and I told him I couldn't see out the window so he didn't buy it.

>traditional sedan lines

I think most of them try to pander for the 4 door coope a bit too hard. Compare this to any modern MB.

When did you get so short?

Where did it all go so wrong?

I rode (backseat) in a coworkers 2010+ honda civic and couldn't even fit my whole arm on the window from the bottom to the top. Compared to the windows on my 2004 Toyota Matrix that I can barely touch the tops of with my elbow on the door. I'm not long armed by any means.

The various unfortunate sedan design changes will make consumers avoid buying sedans. They will all head towards SUV and crossovers at the least just to have visibility.

Less chance of ejection

JUST

It makes it harder for the driver to see out of those windows as well

Driving old cars is like driving a fucking viewing platform with all the visibility.

my wagoneer has a huge greenhouse

looks like something they would use in the army to transport troops

It's a great feel, isn't it?
>fuck mirrors
>fuck backup cameras
>just stick your arm on the other seat, crane your head around and see literally fucking everything behind and at both sides

It's a sign that 2 door coupes and 4 door sedans are becoming obsolete. More people buy SUV and crossovers than coupe/sedans. The market share of coupe/sedan has shrunk quite a bit.

With smaller market share, I bet that the R&D money and innovation will continue to flow into the SUV/crossover vehicles than the mature and dwindling sedan market.

fucking safetylets

Jesus Christ. Pic related is my modern cuckbox, and I thought that was poor.

Only if the mechanisms of inflation and unfair wealth inequality go away and most people can afford new, capable off road capable cars.

>unfair wealth inequality
commie pls go

lol

I'm talking about eliminating fractional reserve lending and fiat currency. Those are two huge things that inflate the money supply and keep most of it in the hands of the rich, which is why its unfair. When banks lend you some numbers they made up instead of cold hard cash they had to get from a mint, all the weath stays with the bankers.

How did Toyota go from making the mighty mr2 turbo to this absolute failed abortion?
Why are you libertarians such economic brainlets?

Up! amongst the Fiesta are reasonably good shitbox from what I've seen.

My 3 door 2011 Fiesta has awful rear visibility, the camera is a godsend
Comparing that to my old Mk6 Fiesta is like night and day, I could see fucking everything out of that

LESS REAR ROOM THAN 2G MATRIX

rip

the air traffic controller days are over

>the air traffic controller days are over
While more and more ATC tasks are handled by automation, none of those humans with their financial empires will allow purchasing of automation such that their jobs to be eliminated or for jobs to go away when they need them available to give to friends and family. The ability to have lots of government job positions to hand out is very valuable and many little empires are built up around that.

Do some reading. The "Luddite fallacy" is in fact no fallacy after all.

That's a complete non sequitur in any case, I am referring to the feeling of driving, say, an old Volvo wagon.

>Only if the mechanisms of inflation and unfair wealth inequality go away

No, only if lazy people who cleverly find excuses to not work go away.

Pictured is one model with low visibility.

>Why are you libertarians such economic brainlets?
There's other types of lending or asset shifting that occurs based upon the settling time for transactions. Only large institutions, banks, and some instruments can do things like that. It's very close to legalized counterfeiting but what it does in the end is result in the cream being shaved off to profit the insiders able to do this.

this desu
t. volvo 240

>How did Toyota go from making the mighty mr2 turbo to this absolute failed abortion?
Project Genesis

stop complaining about "muh unfair rich ppl". no one gives a fuck about your unfair inflation. the wealth stays with bankers cause they're bankers they can do what they want. the world isn't just gonna hand poor people money because it's "unfair for rich people to have some". just go make your own fucking money. people need to stop pretending that sitting around and fucking complaining will give them the money they so badly "deserve".

seconded

>why even have a window at all

so much thought and design went into this car only for it to be shit on by everyone

I get the feeling that nobody thought much about the design

Maybe they should have put some thought and design into making it look good.

Third party companies have made some parts to help drivers overcome the loss of visibility as windows get smaller and higher. You can find a bunch of sellers of blind spot mirrors if you google for " mini cooper countryman blind spot mirror ". Sure, there will be mini cooper items, but other car makes/models are available from sellers too once you find out some website links. These are mirrors that completely replace the existing side mirrors. They are not those little round shiny spots made in china.

I like it because I can sleep in the back and nobody looks.