Fugg. It happened. I rear-ended someone. So Veeky Forums, what's your accident strategy...

Fugg. It happened. I rear-ended someone. So Veeky Forums, what's your accident strategy? Offer to pay off the other driver to keep quiet? Insurance, no police? Just drive off? Or be a faggot and go through standard procedure?

assess damage
insurance if anything of damage other than a paint scratch

This damage is gonna be expensive. I'm broke, should I just kill myself while there's still time?

first of all chill.

ive had my vehicles hit many times by other people, all of them i said give me a few hundred in cash and i will fix it myself and do no insurance. nobody obviously declined that. one time someone took the entire front end off my truck, write off and that obviously was insurance

if their damage is minimal see if theyll take cash, otherwise just go through insurance. you can fix your damage yourself if the airbags didnt go off

don't you have insurance ?
and i'm pretty sure your family will have to settle your debts so you might as well just stay alive

Just be happy that it looks like a new Civic now.

Do not try to settle it under the table. Go through the official means with insurance, a police report, and all the paperwork. If you try to slip the other person a few hundred there is no proof that you actually did that. Don't rely on a gentleman's agreement when dealing with this type of shit. Don't be a nigger, own your fuckup.

>If you try to slip the other person a few hundred there is no proof that you actually did that. Don't rely on a gentleman's agreement when dealing with this type of shit.
Literally just write a 1 page agreement, make two copies to sign, and use a certified check.

Going through insurance is not worth the hassle in many cases. If you're not dealing with a nigger, it's fine to write your own contract and settle without insurance or cops. Especially if your are the one at fault. There's no benefit to calling cops if you caused the accident.

about the same fucking size too lel

Fucking kek. Thanks user.

Regardless, the other driver called the cops before I even got out of the car. Can't wait to have my day in court, fellas.

Yeah, probably just Kys lol

>I rear ended someone
Just hand your license in senpai

>Just drive off
Oddly enough, this does in fact work.

>Be highschool me
>Racing highschool girlfriend to her house in the winter time
>Coming up to a 4 way stop and someone pulled out of their driveway and towards the stop sign
>Girlfriend piled on the brakes and rear ended the car at the stop sign
>He clicked his 4 ways on and pulled over to the shoulder
>She just sat there for a second before hauling ass off
>Pulled up and talked to the guy
>He was irate the jackass drove off
>I just played along and said I couldn't believe it
>He asked me to stay for a police report, agreed
>Girlfriend called just a crying, said her car shutoff and the gauge with a thermometer is in the red
>Said she's scared and don't know what to do
>Called a buddy of mine to tow her home
>Told police someone hit him, lied and gave the wrong description of the car
>She never got in trouble, no word
>Junkyard bumper, radiator, and lights
>That Impala kept going after the accident and all those that followed

I was driving to work at 12 am in a thunderstorm and this nigger in an old buick slams on his breaks 100ft before the red light so I slam on mine, they lock up and I skid right into him with just enough force to bump him, he had a scratch. This was my first accident and I didn't know w hat to do, the guy gets out of the car and he's wearing a fucking angel costume and tells me don't worry about it and gets in his car and drives off so I do the same. Guess niggas aint all bad??

insurance can be a hassle though. last year someone did a hit and run on one of my JDM cars, a witness got their plate and when they got caught by the cops i settled on a large sum of cash and no insurance with me fixing it but the police still charged for hit and run and no insurance for the other guy. i didnt want my car written off and insurance would have basically guaranteed that

ive done that i think 4 times now with people that hit me, just have 2 written forms we both sign saying i absolve them of me pursing any more via insurance or otherwise they paid me and were good

I was working two jobs and had to drive to get someone's car started so we could get it back to the shop. I was about a block away from their house and i dozed off for a few seconds and heard a loud smack. I hit a 90s mazda truck My passenger mirror was destroyed and I took some time deciding whether I should just leave or not, but there was someone outside that saw it happen so I pulled over. Bot cars were white, but I left a different color white streak all the way along the body of the truck and the tail light was busted. He wasn't mad, it was his wife's truck, he offered to do something off the table. Paid $50 for a taillight and gave him $200 and we were all good.

>rear ending someone
kys faggot. should've stayed off your phone.

I wish I was on my phone. At least then I'd have an excuse.

There should be a law forcing insurance companies to get involved in any accident. The collision shop should be legally required to report any repair they have to perform. This way, shitty drivers who get into accidents would be removed.

What does this accomplish? There would still be innumerable collision shops selling services to those people regardless. Plus, you can buy parts and fix it yourself. You’d have to outlaw the sale of all car body parts in order to even begin to try to enforce this.

This is what you get for tailgating.

My wife just rear ended someone. Entire front of our 17' CX-5 is fucked. I haven't gotten an estimate yet, but it's well above $5000, so I'll pay the deductible and get cucked for a few years.

The guy's 03' Caravan looked like someone just kicked the back hatch. Damn things are made real tough.

The numbers and money don't mean anything. Your lives and your loved one's lives are priceless.

teach your wife not to tailgate people.
how the fuck do you run into the arse of someone towing a caravan?
they are doing 40km/h under the speed limit to begin with and when they brake its slow as fuck so the tea cosy doesn't fall off....

>your loved one's
what does he mean by this?

>going to court over an accident
Wut? Were you uninsured?
I totaled 2 cars in one retarded swoop and I didn't go to court

No, Dodge Caravan.

Maybe the body, but surely not the transmission. When I worked at a transmission shop we had a lot of these come in. Usually installed with a class 3 hitch, which may be an indicator it was abused.

It has to be a normie thing.

They really are.
>Be me in friends car circa 2004
>his dad is driving us home
>Makes a right turn at the light
>slant eyed in a f150 booking it
>catches our rear bumper at prob 50mph
>small dent on the minivan, and the ferds whole front end us pushed in and absolutely fucked.
Twas the day i found out ford built tough was a meme.

You can thank modern safety for that. The Ford absorbed the impact the way it was supposed to.

What the hell is with this board and people wrecking Accords.
Sorry for your loss, OP

Do the normal procedure, you fucked up you pay the consequence of an at-fault accident. I 100% guarantee the driver you hit will go "oh yeah sure OP let's do it under the table, no police" and a week later your insurance is gonna call you pissed off at you cause that other driver reported the accident.

Probably because 7th gen Accords are a dime a dozen. I don’t really give half a shit about it because it’s the least unique car in the U.S. of A. If I had a car I cared about I’d probably have been more careful.

I remember one time some nigger sheboon re ended me she goes "hur it didn't even do nun" fucking nigger women are the worst drivers

Try again and T Bone them at 60mph in the rain but get away scott free because she didn't have a license and ends up paying the 35k in property damage she caused when you hit her.

You can thank modern safety for that. The Ford absorbed the impact and guaranteed Ford more profit from huge amounts of unnecessary replacement parts the way it was supposed to.