/tfg/ - Titanfall General

FD Edition

>Lewds
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
FNN 17: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
Operation Frontier Shield patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ip5oj
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mL10oXxO3Us
youtu.be/kg8F-izC-Is
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Briggs a slow
SLOW
S L O W
L
O
W
streamable.com/ip5oj

First for auto titan bonding
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mL10oXxO3Us

FUCK
weird ass new capcha fucked me up

Where is the classic music option? I've won ten matches but don't see anything.

>use titan's shield to hold chokepoints
>battery nigging to keep the titans falling
>final wave, jump on nuke titan because thats all that is left besides arc titans
>friendly titans hold fire on nuke titan
>mfw seeing thunderbolts on the edge of my screen before hearing the nuke start up sound

Its karma for shooting ticks near allied pilots on easy.

Fun thing I just learned: ticks can triple jump.

>standing on one of the elevated spots on wargames
>ticks on the building to the right, but it's far away and I have Titans attacking the harvester
>boom
>kill cam shows the tick practically flowing through the air to me, jumping three times in a row

I swear FD ticks are really souped up compared to normal ticks which just suck

I was around G2.10 before the FD patch, never ever killed/assisted anybody with a charge rifle (it was level 1, zero exp).
That game mode gives crazy amounts of exp.

How many kills does it take to get a killing spree?
I've been farming for warpaints on titans but I haven't been able to dig up a definite answer.

She is indeed

New low-quality shitpost soon fellow pilots

it's rendering right now

Jack Wild Dog pls unblock me so we can play together.
we were actually friends bruh, I didn't do anything to deserve this

Four I think, but only pilots count and you can get only one spree per life. I also advise dying and spawning in a Titan since I think I had situation that I killed one person on foot, jumped into the Titan, killed more and the spree didn't register for the paints.

Agreed

>wanting to be friends with furfag

Nah, he's cool. We played Dark Souls and shit daily. And now I want to play Titanfall but I can't get in direct contact with him.

Check options, then audio, on the bottom

Briggs is Slow. We all know this. But how slow is she really? In this highly professional and academic review, Acting Pilot Theak examines past training data to determine just how Lethargic Sarah Briggs really is.

The results, as they say, speak for themselves. How will Briggsfags ever recover?

>youtu.be/kg8F-izC-Is

Seriously though, Briggs stopping dead in her tracks at the beginning and Lastimosa taking her as a credible threat sent me into fits of hysteria. This was just too perfect.

Jesus christ equalize your audio next time

>FD titans
>Quad rocket launcher that can become a mortar
>Damaging arc field around body
BRUTE
WHEN

They should make autotutans mimic their pilots when out of combat.
Also why can't I ride on top of my autotitan?

Is it just me, or did the higher difficulties actually enable enemy Titans to use abilities? I can't remember that Scorch's used flame shield on Easy, but on Normal they do.

So higher difficulties means cores as well?

>playing easy ever

Probably a strange question but does A-wall amplify everything shot through it or only primary fire? AT weapons and titans shooting through A-wall are not supposed to work?

Please, unblock him. Sky dindu nuffin m8.

It's supposed to, I guess if you went to make a private match and tested it you could know for certain. I recall amped at weapons being a thing, but they've had updates since I did that.

Are SMR rockets even visible or they are so small that they are not?

Has anyone been running into graphical issues since this update? Since it's dropped, sometimes during games, my framerate drops to ~4 and the actual resolution plummets.

I haven't played since a bit after the Angel City release, is there a summary of balance changes since that anywhere?

Volt was nerfed

All smgs were nerfed finally (still not enough)

Reposting exact patch notes.

After many months i finally returned to Titanfall 2 just to play FD and got a couple of questions:
>why did they change Gates?
>have they added any new achievements?
>aren't the skins a bit too overpriced?

>>why did they change Gates?
She uses her model from the campaign now. Before she was just palette-swapped Jack Cooper.
>>have they added any new achievements?
No.
>>aren't the skins a bit too overpriced?
Yes.

>She uses her model from the campaign now. Before she was just palette-swapped Jack Cooper.
Can you be a bit more clear? She already used her model from SP before the update as seen in the credits

So they lied the first time around then, Scorch's firewall received no buff whatsoever despite it clearly reading it got a width upgrade here: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

so should my legion kit change at all?
hidden compartment was nerfed but it doesn't really seem to be any less powerful, what about turbo engine? can that be switched out?

Look again. The one she uses now is the one she has in The Ark and in the credits. The one she had at launch was Jack.

Maybe it ain't visible but it's still wider in terms of much it burns?

Turbo Engine gives you 5 second cooldown on dash instead of a 10 second cooldown without it.

They are but they travel very fast, so it's hard to see them unless you're standing at a certain angle.

why is tf2 the best fps ever made ?

Well it's the striking character design, the nice art-style, the varied gameplay from the different classes, made by a prestigious studio who put a lot of time and effort into their game till they ruined it with ha--

Oh you meant the other tf|2.

It's like tribes but with mechs and wallrunning.

>further hemlock nerfs
Man, I just want to finish leveling it.

How do I play Legion effectively in FD? I just had to go support in FD since I suck at playing him.

Friendly reminder that if you drop your titan on top of a nuke legion they don't go nuclear

You are the last line of defense for the harvester. Park your ass in front of it and gun down any Titans, Reapers, drones and grunts that try to get close. You should rely on the rest of your team to roam out and find those mortar teams, assuming you don't leave your auto-Titan in guard mode and go launch Archers at the mortars yourself.

My damn slow-ass sandraker landwalker "friends" get mad whenever I abbreviate Titanfall as TF2 because "That acronym is taken".

Spent all last week pestering them to be free for FD last night and then they play PUBG all night long in a string of "We'll come join you as soon as we win one" promises.

The time to kill is now.

Just tried FD and man it is intense.

> final wave on rise
> holding down a lane single hand with Ion
> fucking wall of nuke legions
> slowly backpedal launching tripmines
> can almost smell the over heated guns
> soon as one nukes another walks up
> get pushed back almost to the harvester
> Put the last one down when doomed

Really helps to have a good team. Speaking of I just requested into the PSN community page:
LoneManzlayer

>SMG nerf
>CAR: No long range changes
>Alternator: 1 less damage at long range
>Volt: 2 Less damage at long range
>R97: No long range changes

I called it. I fucking called it. Literally nothing was done at the ranges the SMGs are causing the most problems. All the medium range changes are literally just a one bullet difference in TTK.

>we'll never see how Gates actually looks like

That was indeed the average change back during the HTTK tests: Pilot fights lasted longer because guns needed an average of one more bullet than usual to score a kill. That said, I'm not seeing nearly as many countersnipes by SMGs nowadays, not least because of the shoddy accuracy and minimal damge. SMGs are short/mid-range weapons anyway, and those ranges are what got slapped around by the nerf bat.

>so should my legion kit change at all?
No
>hidden compartment was nerfed but it doesn't really seem to be any less powerful
Because it was retard strong before and it's still too strong now
>what about turbo engine? can that be switched out?
Maybe for overcore but half the cooldown on dash is more useful than 20% core, specially with legion's fat slow ass

daily reminder that scorch was OP and should have been nerfed

Those ranges weren't where the problems were though.

I can tolerate an SMG beating my EPG in CQB, but ADS fags on roofs with the R97 are still fucking shit up.

And the ones that read a nerf happened without crunching numbers are all just using the CAR now.

Best boi was always a best.

Now he's just bester.

Not opting for AGGRESSIVE SUSTAINED COUNTERFIRE

Push, power shot shit back, smart core those annoying flying drones. Don't forget about your gun shield.

Ok pilots whats the best pilot loadout for FD?

>looking for a match for 8 minutes now
>8k online

So uhmm...what the fuck

>opting for memes when legion is all about farting powershots
>smart core those annoying flying drones
What for if they get deleted by powershots and generic fire

A-wall, SMR, Thunderbolt, satchel

Remove homestead. Homestead is the worst map in both FD and regular multiplayer.

>homestead
>bad in FD
Nice bait

Don't call it a comeback

Shits so unbalanced, putting g10s against new players.

>tfw you were too intelligent to wait for this patch to main Scorch

Crash site and complex are the fucking worst maps, then homestead and exoplanet, thankfully each new non vanilla map has gotten better and better

Don't turrets pick off drones aswell? I might be wrong

t. colony citizen

U dissing colony?
U insane

>hating exoplanet
What a fag

Could it be because a new PvE mode came out.

>He thinks any map that isn't Glitch is the worst

ps4fag here, haven't played the FD update yet.
how are the G2/r201/101 nerfs? did they finally remove the cancer or just """""""nerf"""""" them and completely fucking butcher my P2016 for no reason yet again?

>pve

lol

>/tfg/ calls others slow
>uses crutch weapons like Cold War and epg

Best maps
Relic
Warzone
Collony
Forward base kodai
Rise

delet this

>PUBG
This fucking turbocancer. I have at least 3 mates that already own Arma 3, its the same basic gameplay but they bought into the shill-mind and dropped money on it. For basically the same price they could have this game.

Still so mad fug

>not using legacy captcha

I know right? They're like quakefags who only use explosive weapons and think they're skilled.

They're small and fast, they can run the corner around the tower on homestead before your power shot charges up, plus it's a waste of a power shot which is better spent on titans or clumps of reapers.

Smart core is in my opinion better spent on hordes of enemies like reapers because it can kill them quickly while against Titans it just cuts out a reload or two during a firefight.

Question: Do Aegis ranks reset if you regen?

What about Acolytes of the STIFF?

that droppod always explodes. Bravo Respawn.
on the same side of the map there are some stacked crates that enemy titans like to walk through

You still need to hit people directly with it. And it's not hitscan.

>The pod itself is a giant tick

So it's NOT a crutch weapon?

define "crutch"

I was starting to wonder that, but why would it be omitted from exact patch notes?

Scorch Main reporting. It's visibly bigger.

REMOVE HITSCAN

I've played scorch for a few gens and I still can't see the difference.

I still don't understand how they managed to make UE4 feel as crappy to play and move around in as the ArmA engine. That had to take some serious work.

Plus the game has literally nothing going for it outside the gamemode and accessibility. The weapons are boring, the map is boring, the movement mechanics are nonexistant. The instant someone tacks the gamemode onto a better game it'll be dead in the water. And it WILL happen. I'd be shocked if the next battlefield game shipped without a battle royale mode, or if the Insurgency team doesn't add it to Sandstorm.

The difference might be there.

Whatever definition this guy used

It used to be just one straight simple thin line. Now it's more like two of them.

t. g15 scorch'n'torch

define "crutch"