No torque

>no torque
>massive weight

Who's idea was this?

Other urls found in this thread:

trackhq.com/forums/f2/nurburgring-suzuki-track-car-2-years-2800-laps-later-maintenance-4248/
activeautowerkeblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/16/if-you-own-an-e60-m5-heres-how-to-save-yourself-10k-dollars/
caranddriver.com/features/we-drive-a-250000-mile-lamborghini-murcielago-feature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It gets all its power by being able to rev to 8.25k. Also it weighs 12 lb less than the e39 M5.

The V10 has a metric fuck ton of torque what are you on about?

>e39 is heavier
>therefore better traction
E39 confirmed for best M5

>380lbs ft
>a metric fuck tonne

Maybe if you're a fucking woman. A 3.0 diesel Audi makes more than that.

The fact that something else makes the same changes the value how?

And how much horsepower?

>heavier
>therefore better traction
You are like a little baby, watch this

why are some people incapable of revving an engine over 3krpm?
it even happens when you morons buy a bike that revs over 12,000rpm

Yes let me destroy the life of my engine and resale value fro some boy racer street cred.

amerifats are fat and dumb

>using a motor within it's specified running parameters destroys it
geeze, american cars must be fun.

The ///M5 is a luxury car that CAN go fast but is much more at home being babied.It's by no means supposed to be driven hard.

A velvet glove if you will. It's the kind of car you drive to your private jet but isn't afraid to eat 911's for breakfast when you really need it to.

t. e39 owner

And your point is?

There's no reason you can't take this thing up to 6-7k when you merge onto the freeway once or twice a day and once in a blue moon when you really want to blow someones pants off you can take it to redline. How is that going to destroy your engine?

t. E28 M535i owner

You won't be an e28 owner for long if that's how you treat your car.

BMW's must be pretty shitty cars if going above idle kills your engine. I've revved the fuck out of my Lexus and Honda sports bike all the time for nearly a decade and nothing bad has happened.

Seriously? My 33 year old 4AGE could rev to redline all day. Sounds like BMW needs to gitgud.

>////M5
>don't ever take your BMW above 3k RPM or you'll kill the engine
You should stop posting.

Running at high revs constantly and bouncing off the limiter won't help your car, but running it at high RPM at temperature with oil pressure occasionally won't hurt anything. If anything you'll clear out carbon buildup. Careful revving an m30 to 7k+. They like to break lifters when revved carelessly
t. E28 535is owner

My 45 year old FIAT twincam does rev to redline every time it's operated, given that it's a track car and other user is talking out his arse, any M series car is happy to be worked hard.

Yeah nah bmw engines love to rev.
E60 M5 did have rod bearing issues but if you install aftermarket bearings you can rev it all day long.
T. E39 540i and e34 525i owner

trackhq.com/forums/f2/nurburgring-suzuki-track-car-2-years-2800-laps-later-maintenance-4248/

>59,000 race km
>8,761 peak rpm in a car with a 7,500 rpm limiter
>Dyno's 133hp when it made 134hp 59,000 track km's ago

It goes to show that maintenance is much more important than "babying" it yet skipping oil changes. Which I am sure that you are overdue

You're an idiot.

They use M5s as Nurburgring demo cars for fuck's sake.

>design hated by everyone when it was released
>still looks fresh and hasn't aged a bit 12 years later
bangle was a genius

I agree, way ahead of his time. The M6 especially is pure sex.

buy a auto mercedes if you're going to baby it

t. e39 m5 owner

>eat 911's for breakfast
kek, can't even beat base model 997/991

>revs insanely high
>can use aggressive gearing because it revs high
>more torque to the wheels because gearing is aggressive

Yeah nah the e60 m5 is faster than the 2011 Carrera S 991 on a straight line.

>straight line

gay

ye i wouldnt be surprised
given the 991 came about 10 years after the S85 V10's release
not to mention one is a big ass car with a formula 1 derived engine
when the other is a pure sports car that rides and sounds better than anything else that isnt a v12 ferrari with a manual

>H6
>sounding good
B8

They're pretty much identical in the 0-60, the BMW only barely starts pulling away from a Carrera S over 120. That's really not what I would call 'eating for breaktfast'.

>Porsche
>sounds good

I compared the 2011 991 generation porsche with the 2005 e60 m5.
During e60 m5 gen porsche had the 997 and the M5 did eat the 997 for breakfast.
2011 was the year when the F10 M5 was released

>t.

This was literally the quickest AND fastest production sedan in the world when it came out. Your expectations are simply unreasonable.

Still slow as shit though. 507BHP means nothing if you have no torque.

fuck your torque bitchass. i bet you cant even past 100 mph on roads.
this car is all about having eargasming in V10' high revs. fuck you if it doesnt have turbo torque.
go enjoy your fake speaker sound in your shitty sound shit v8

HP > Torque anyway the m5 is a sport sedan so if you dont like revs just buy a mercedes.

>HP > Torque

Top kek my man. HP just means you rev faster just to get to the speed in which torque gives you.

Who knows

Not that guy, but my M20 and M10 engines get taken to redline pretty often and they've been nothing but reliable. In any case, all M cars have engines designed for high RPM

HP has been proven throughout ICE to deliver better performance than torque. Delivering high torque requires heavy drivelines and tends to turn work into wheelspin.

It's literally faster than a Gallardo on a straight line.

The gearbox provides the leverage.

Holy fuck it's an X6.

But thanks to gearing the torque at the wheels (the only place it matters) will be less. Engine torque is a meme that needs to die.

>torque
Classic diesel babby excuse for having no power

Given that the Audi has an 8sp auto with a torque converter I'd say you're probably wrong there, at least until you're doing speeds which get you jailed in most countries.

>no torque
>massive weight
who's idea was this?

At any given speed the engine making more power (HP) will be putting more torque to the wheels.

Well, more correctly more linear force as the wheel size is the last determining reduction factor in the gear train.

How do you figure that, given that gearboxes alter torque delivered to the wheels on demand

Of all the highly questionable shit BMW has done, the X-cars, the MPV and the FWD, you decide to shit on maybe one of the greatest engines ever to go into a 4 door car

...what??

>greatest engines
Sound maybe, but everything else no.

activeautowerkeblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/16/if-you-own-an-e60-m5-heres-how-to-save-yourself-10k-dollars/

Well, yeah. Maintainance is never a pleasant thing on something that is essentially a racing engine. Does make me wonder thought, how long does other engine in this class last. Say, lambo/audi V10?

>every motor sport engine is shit because of the maintenance
guess one cylinder diesels are the epitome of engines now

Its just math dude you don't have to be ashamed.

>bimmer badge whore unironically think this
christ you're retarded pls leave faggot

there is a difference between high maintenance and design flaw. Oil starvation falls into the latter.

lamborghini V12 needs 3 top end rebuilds in 258 000 miles, but that was driven pretty hard on the track (and bottom end is mainly a 60's design).

It's not uncommon though, the much vaunted RB26 floods it's top end to the detriment of it's bottom end when worked hard, there are workarounds for it though and I'm sure the same applies to the Bimmer

>3 rebuilds in 258k miles
>1 rebuild per 86k miles

didn't the BMW go 114k? With the added benefit of being an engine that has had a almost 50 year development period

>tfw looking to buy an E60 M5
>tfw sort of scared of expensive shit breaking

I feel like even if I were to baby it and keep up with maintenance, something expensive will break on me.

You can't possibly be this stupid. Torque from the engine still matters as it's comparable between cars/gearboxes.. More torque on car A means it will create more torque than car B when travelling at the same land speed.

Are my odds of having to spend $$$$ on repairs for a used BMW mitigated somewhat if I do all the work myself, maintain it on a schedule, and avoid more complex models like anything with a twin turbo?

it will. just get an E39 instead, it's the best car BMW ever made

>*blocks your path*

Thoughts on the M47R and its mighty 112 bhp?

I'm searching for a car for me gf and every now and then a Freelander pops up, all being the TD4 BMW sourced engined.

I heard and read only mixed reactions towards the Freelander 1.

the engine will be fine but everything else will be falling apart on the Rover

Where is this?

hp is mostly torque * rpm. What you want is high hp at low rpm. So yes torque is important but a car with no power(hp) is going to be slower than a car with lot of power regardless of the torque.

Yeah of course, I’m a poor college student but mine’s in tip top shape because I do the necessary maintenancd

Show me where I implied it didn't? My point was extremely clear, I won't reiterate

They can be driven hard, in fact they LOVE being driven hard they're pretty nimble for being 2tons.

What they can't deal with is neglect, they're not Honda's in that respect.

t. E39 m-sport owner.