Fighting Games General - /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SamuraiFGC/status/890104148980617216
fantasystrike.com/blog/2017/play-fantasy-strike-pre-alpha-free-weekend-july-28-30th-on-pc-and-mac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

honk

>making the thread 30 posts early so you can phone post your shitty pasta

c'mon guy

What are you guys thinking of Abigail so far?

Play games that value your time and not Tekken 7 or SFV online

Flat.

How can a sprite game load slower than goober?

vroom vroom

Should I get MvC:I on PC?

again

top players hate sfv

twitter.com/SamuraiFGC/status/890104148980617216

this is a legit reason

sorry capcuks you cant defend this

fantasystrike.com/blog/2017/play-fantasy-strike-pre-alpha-free-weekend-july-28-30th-on-pc-and-mac

Are you even going to give it a chance?

Just so you can say "I played it and it sucks!" without lying to yourself.

GET READY FOR THE NEXT
BATTLE
BATTLE
BATTLE
BATTLE
BATTLE
BATTLE

>Console

there's your problem

goober and proud

shame uniel and goobers are autistic combo boar simulators and sfv is just shit

fix tekken already harada

samurai was the best or 2nd best ryu in the u.s. for you 16ers out there

The literal round that SFV clip is from Du whiff punished to take a game with raw super. Try again.

Post aokos. You know the one.

it looks like ass but sure

Now do one with the amount of time it takes to find matches in dead games.

sfv is so bad omfg

why would he fix it when everybody praised him for his unfinished turd

Why are the re games with grounded footsies and games with air footsies, but there are no games with liquid footsies?

Do any melee players play on stick? All fighting games except Jive and Tekken are dead in my country and I'm sick of begging for Xrd matches so I'm trying it.

What layout do I use?

SFV is shit, SHIT!!!!!

...b-but uhh...does anyone wanna run some matches in my game? please? I can't find anyone online...

You could make one of those touhou style games except make the downward jump an underwater thing if you wanted liquid footsies.

>people play sfv just because they think it's the only alive game
truly the most retarded people out of all

I think it'd actually be faster, it wastes way too much time on cinematic holds instead of meaningful gameplay.

Tekken and SFV are slow as shit on PC still.

Virtua fighter 2 dural stage.

I think it's faster if they let you skip all the fancy rematch screens

>league is the best game because it's the easiest to find online matches in

>tfw shark girl isn't going to happen
I've lost the will to live.

Can't wait for goober responses about people who swear other games are better, but never play them after hitting 20 hours and post lewd pictures here instead.

Winning animations in jive should be skippable.

Sf would probably come in last to be desu

Just wanted to say thanks to that drawanon for giving me this gem, you make /fgg/ a better place dude

What settings are you using for SFV?
All post processing looks like garbage for me and for some reason the model quality isnt as good as on lower settings?

who cares? I refunded my donation.

I really like UNIEL, but I play on PC so I'm mostly just trying to justify SFV being one of my only options.

>tfw you want that reset

That didn't stop jive

Reminder that Tekken and Injustice just demonstrated that the genre doesn't depend on SF and that irrelevant american tournament.

It seems we are entering a new era without mainstream Capcom fighters, again. Just like the early 00', those years that delusional Capcom fanboys errouneously call "the dark age".

Cant' wait to see Soul Calibur and other legendary series coming back.

meant to be a response to

that's literally just because it has the sf name, characters and daddy capcom's wallet

How's Abigail?

you really should've got the sony fighting game station 4

>I'm mostly just trying to justify SFV being one of my only options.
sad!

Would have given them 1k for playable milfdred. Oh well, their loss.

tekken 7 is on sale on psn for 20% off ($47). what should I do?

>Reminder that Tekken and Injustice just demonstrated that the genre doesn't depend on SF

When?

buyken!

>a fucking leaf

he's doin alright

Playkken

Remember to play a fighting game today /fgg/

Remember to practice tech that you have trouble with

Remember to view replays of both your wins and losses and learn from them

Remember to always practice good sportsmanship, whether online or in person

Remember to help newcomers learn by playing constructively without trying to frustrate them (i.e. keep doing one thing until they learn to counter it)

Remember that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best

Remember to watch some high-level play of the game or character you're learning

Remember to never discourage someone from playing a game they're interested in or having fun with

Remember that the lab can only teach you so much, real matches are the best way to learn

Remember to support and attend your locals and grassroots events, they're the backbone of the FGC

Remember to practice personal hygiene reguarly, especially if you're going to an event. How you look and smell isn't just a reflection on you, but on your game and the community as a whole

Remember to set realistic goals for yourself and keep working at them until they're realized

Remember to ask around to find sparring partners who play characters you're bad or inexperienced against

Remember that tier lists are generalized and tailored to the highest levels of play, so just play who you think is fun and don't blame your losses on your low-tier main or attribute your wins to your high-tier main

Remember to never dodge when you call someone out as being bad and they actually challenge you

Remember to seek out opponents who are of equal or higher skill

Remember that winning or losing isn't as important as improvement

Remember that no matter how bad you think you are, every single player you consider better than you was at your level at some point

And most of all, remember to have fun, /fgg/, because fighting games are something so great.

get it on pc
it's cheaper there too

im scared
tree?
i cant run it

upvoted, omg you're so kind

that was more anticpation than whiff punishing you dolt

what do you think whiff punishing is half the time you shitter

Play succ.

This is peak dankposting Jesus Christ.

lmao get 'em reno

Play Weiss

How do we solve the Capcom problem?

holy fuck dank is actually retarded guys

>high five
>2slow
its actually a 3d fighter now

I want to learn Guilty Gear but I'm having a character crisis. These are my mains in other games

Super Turbo - Ryu
Skullgirls - Parasoul solo (don't really play this anymore desu)
Blazblue - Es
Arcana Heart - Weiss
Smash 4 - Lucina
Melee - Marth
UNIEL - Orie

who's the Guilty Gear character for me, /fgg/?

thats why i said "more"

in sfv its more anticaption than actually whiff punishing

learn to read you sfshill monkey

what

>tfw you can't whiff punish with 6.5f delay in SFV, but you could with 6.5f in PS3 version of SFIV
omfg what happened doods

Friendly reminder not to reply to dank

I would say Ky.

Its not that hard

but then again I play all fighting games so I don't understand when people struggle with somethings

ky

Debuting on top of the charts everywhere? Well, Tekken debuted at #1 everywhere actually, Injustice still performed well in the NA and UK tho.

People here seriously believed the genre would've died after SFV.

I think the problem is the range of normals

Ky would satisfy your desire for simple well rounded characters and he's an honorary waifu too.

This happened all the time with Hugo in the past though.

IT'S-A ME, BRICK!!!

I'll take this over the shitty copypasta

Not to mention >Smash still is a massive seller. Fightan is one of the most popular genres on console, always will be.

>saleswarfag

No one was ever talking about sales when they talked about "the genre dying". Tekken and NRS has always gotten better sales then SF. Really, they are talking about the competitive scene dying, when SF still dominates, and SFV's poor state has had a clear effect on the community as a whole.

those are capshills

dont listen to them

have you played sfv? the normals are fucking stubby as shit

You mean with more entrants at Evo than any year of SFIV?

Stop bringing up off topic shit, we are trying to have a decent conversation.

Is it just me or is Wagner braindead? Seems like she can just mash and get in to open you up for free.

So you can't punish stubby normals with other stubby normals?

How do i play around Jack's ghosts?
half the time they ruin my combos the other they give me the game winning extensions

play her for yourself and find out

What? You mean SFV? We'll see what the real, stabilized entrant numbers will be in later years.

giantsword gllty

>Tekken time is even factoring in rematch function, which you don't have in private lobbies

I hate this so much.

I didn't realize it was in the title

What will be the most popular fighters in the next ten years? Will it continue to be SF or will some other game take the mantle? Will there be a SF6?

Is Abigail top tier

>Dank playing anything

Blazblue.

I've been playing as and against her. She seems braindead as fuck.

Private lobbies made me quit Tekken, no joke. Setting games to FT5 isn't an adequate solution, the ready up is fucking busted, the invite menu is retarded, not being able to invite unless you're party host is unheard of.