/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

Please don't die Edition

>FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Latest Patch (2.02) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-2-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Other urls found in this thread:

secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/
secretworldlegends.com/news/deepdiveweapons/
gamegeek-denter.de/secret-world-legends-speedfarm-route-verbrannte-wueste/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Server's on.

I'm close to summoning Resurrection Joe (only part I lack is the arm in Blue Mountain). Is he soloable? I'm level 40.
Also if anyone want to tag along to get the exclusive Lore (zombie #13), you're welcome. I'll post when I'll get it.

secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>daily sale limit removed
>listing fee and commission doubled for free players
Welcome to patron controlled market manipulation.

We need your shekels edition.

PATCH NOTES: secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

Are you ready for item value to drop so hard you might as well sell them for shards and save yourself some time and trouble.

> Is he soloable? I'm level 40.
TOP KEK MATE, no! you need like 5 people at least with great gear.

Nice.
>listing fee and commission doubled for free player
Ouch. Ass move.

Oh, alright. Didn't thought it was that kind of secret boss.
BTW is the Right Arm really in the Lair? Near the bins? Or is he just close?

steam when ?

New goy caches in game.

How long will they keep this shit up?

Probably a new cache every month. Makes impulsive people more likely to open more caches to get the stuff they want before it's off the table.

They should really have a chance of getting a cache key instead of looting a cache when looting a drop for a mob. At least a 1% drop chance or something.

WTF am I looking at?

At least they're not accumulating faster than you can sell them any more with the daily auction limit removed. Still, one of the most boring loot systems I've ever seen.

4chaners organizing a protest to funcom about their shitty business practices.

When will manlets ever learn?

don't die when i just found the thread, fuck

What do you need this thread for anyway?

*Dashes behind the thread*
*sheathes katana and puts a bullet in the back*
Heh, nothing personnel thread

Will Donald Trump build to contain the the filth?

Those surgical gloves trigger me everytime.

i like talking about games i'm playing when i'm playing them. but it's dead anyway i guess.

Why? Give me a better alternative that is close to the templar gloves.

Sure but, you need something to talk about.
People should be posting webms, pictures, discussing their build and what not.

For instance, post your inventories.

This game had one of the shortest lifespans I've ever seen. Hilarious.

I downloaded the game to play the story, finished what's available atm, and shelved the game until the rest is released. I'm not going to grind to spend hundreds of hours to grind better gear when level 25 blue is very likely more than enough to finish every bit of story this game will get before it's canned.

>TFW level 25 blue weapons, head, and neck
>other talismans are really fucking expensive to level and are still green

Only just reached Egypt though.

i finished Transylvania and my luck and wrist talismans weren't maxed. they just seem rarer from bags, or maybe i'm unlucky.

Well, to be fair most discussions were done back when TSW came out. All people who wanted to talk about the lore already did it.

The guys looking for clues and working together to finish investigation missions too. Now there is guides everywhere so no need for that.
So until some new content arise, these threads are bound to be slow. That's kinda sad, since games like Life is Strange and others have still their generals. TSW is a great, deep game. The Secret World franchise deserve it more i think, even with Funcom jewishness getting in the way.

>20% tax on auction sales

>games like Life is Strange and others have still their generals. TSW is a great, deep game
No waifus kills the RPG

it seems like Funcom wants it to die. they're going to pump every last cent they can out of it with what content they already have made and then they'll say there aren't enough players to justify new content.

Crashing this economy with no survivors

Goy, less xp for you, bigger tax on your items. Good deal yes?

i wonder what's going to happen to the already shitty economy when Steam launches.

>Caches aren't even worth putting up for auction any more
Bravo!

BUT GOOOOYS, the patrons only have 10% tax.
Isn't this a most generous deal?

Secret World isn't short on waifus tho, but guess it lacks the hipsterish comfy aura.

Speaking of waifus i feel bad for Marianne Chen. Poor girl seems more disappointed than scared atm, even though she's knees deep in the filth.
Hope the CDC costume will be enough to hold the volatile infection. Her colleagues were took over but they were exposed to physical Filth so... I don't know.
Guess she'll be on her own to go back too, so her chances are pretty low.

i thought everyone on Solomon Island was fucked unless they're a bee or wabanaki? since the filth is supposed to be airborne...

Or stayed in a closed off suit all this time.

but they didn't get in the suits until after the fog rolled in, right?

so prices are definitely going to go up after steam launch, right? because i just got an intricate accuracy glyph i don't need...

It's your money, it's your call on what you think is right.

Im selling my stash of green weapons for 250 a pop after my my scorched desert run. They are nearly flying off the auction quicker than i can open the boxes.

Starting a new character

I want to make a long ranged DPS because melee is icky and the melee sound effects suck.

What weapons should I bet investing in?

Did you even look at the options?

Pistols, elementalism for the most part

i'm not that blood memer but blood is an option too.

I played TSW for a while back and I'm completely clueless on the weapon changes in SWL now. Blood and AR have some weird mechanics.There are even class choices? No bully plz.

AR has a meme grenades mechanic

the classes are just which weapon combo you start out with, they're not actually classes. all the weapons have some mechanic you'll have to get used to though.

>No bully plz.
Fine if thats the way you want it.

secretworldlegends.com/news/deepdiveweapons/

Here, take a look at this first.

>Blood
>can't be healed the more you use blood skills

>AR
>Grenade that blows you up if you miss the timer

Umm.. I'm guessing these weapons should be avoided now?

Do you play this build? How is it?

There's also an AR passive that stops you taking damage from the grenade.

blood has ways of managing its' mechanic with active abilities or passives so if it builds up too high you can dump it back to lower levels. you can't turn off grenade procs though.

>Blood
>can't be healed the more you use blood skills
Not an issue.

>AR
>Grenade that blows you up if you miss the timer
15% of your max hp, buhuuu, really hard huh?
Trust me you don't care.

>Not an issue.
How? That sounds really shitty. I also remember Blood eats up your HP to fuel attacks

>15% of your max hp, buhuuu, really hard huh?
Trust me you don't care.
I don't want to get knocked down/stunned in Fusang or something and end up killing myself retardedly

who this? I can't fucking remember

>How? That sounds really shitty. I also remember Blood eats up your HP to fuel attacks
Give me one scenario where it becomes a problem.

>I don't want to get knocked down/stunned in Fusang or something and end up killing myself retardedly
Unless you are super retarded you shouldnt have a problem.
Also if you don't level a single granade skill then the nades wont load, ever.

please be in london

Callie James, she hangs out on stage in Ealdwic Park.

>getting one shotted because your healer can't heal you
>you have no fallback if you get swarmed

>the mechanic is so bad you have to gimp your AR skills

come on now

The fuck are you doing, I already gave him a hint, you should get with the program and send anons on investigation missions to find their waifu.

No idea. They were supposed to investigate the bog so they probably got in their suit early. But as I say, nothing say those suit were enough.
TF's gasmask was not enough to hold it, but he was in the center of it. So really, no idea.

Isn't she part of a Templar only mission anyway?

yep.

Assault rifles are cheap ;)))

>getting one shotted because your healer can't heal you
I wasn't aware you are planing to play tank with blood with max corruption. Hmm. Well if you put it that way, blood with max corruption is bad FOR A TANK.

>you have no fallback if you get swarmed
Swarmed by fucking what? You either kill shit or you avoid shit. You don't play dps to outsustain shit.

>the mechanic is so bad you have to gimp your AR skills
No you don't if you want to use primary AR then you should be using nades. Just if you want to use it as a side weapons and for some reason don't want to use nades, then you have the option of avoiding it. The mechanic is not bad and the ONLY bad part about it is that you can't turn off nade loading by simply not having active nade abilities equipped.

She's pretty fucking cute indeed.
Kek. Nice clue.

>you can't turn off nade loading by simply not having active nade abilities equipped
This is really shitty. Guess they want to force player to play with the mecanic but still, something's off.

it also forces you to have a grenade ability on your bar, either active or passive, to not get fucked. AR is the only weapon that actively damages you with its gimmick if you don't use a slot to deal with it.

Just keep the healing grenade on your bar. Don't need to aim it or anything, just push the button when the grenade goes red and woosh, heals you and your group.

Also gives you a leech buff.

Again, if you plan to use ar as primary you should be using nades.
If you plan to use it as a seconday with no nades, don't level the nade abilties.

>Funcom remvoes limit on AH items per day
>WAAAHHH! The fee is now 10% I lose ALL my MoF on putting items on sale!
Puppetman levels of complaining, just fuck off Reddit.

>Level up as shotgun/elemental all the way up to Transylvania
>Feel like dropping shotgun for AR
I hate being indecisive. Is the following link the most efficient way for upgrade fodder?
gamegeek-denter.de/secret-world-legends-speedfarm-route-verbrannte-wueste/

>tfw you realize the music in Scorching Desert incorporates the melody that the sentinels in City of the Sun God sing

It's the little details

probably. SD is definitely the best map to run for upgrade fodder if you're 50 because the mobs ignore you. the more you run it the faster you get, too, since you memorize the quickest way to do stuff. i usually just do the combat missions because i hated the sabotage missions in SD.

>free
Source?

lmao delete this im fucking retarded they just unbolded it for some godforsaken reason

it's the third line, dumbass, it's just not in huge letters.

at least you realized you're retarded

Are any of the infernal cache weapons worth considering? Seems at least the new blood book is BiS for heals

so how does everyone feel about the caches having new extraordinary weapons each month?

>Orochi Tactical Carbine [Assault Rifle]
>When you have a grenade loaded, your Assault Rifle healing is increased by 7,5%.
>Misery & Malice [Pistols]
>Whenever you land on a matching set of chambers, your Pistol Abilities deal 6% more damage for 3 seconds.
>Prototype-M402 [Shotgun]
>Whenever you load Anima-Infused Shells, your Protection is increased by 1225 for 3 seconds.
>Flanged Mallet [Hammer]
>Hammer abilities which consume Rage deal increased damage. This damage bonus increases based on your maximum health, up to a maximum of 20%.
>Surgical Steel [Fist]
>The amount of healing done by your 'Revitalise', 'Invigorate', 'Revivify, and 'Serenity' abilities is increased by 21% while 'Invigorating Wrath' is active.
>Rhythmic Blade [Blade]
>When reforging your Spirit Blade, each point of Chi adds 15% more time. In addition, the maximum possible duration of your Spirit Blade is increased to 20 seconds.
>Compendium of Wards [Blood]
>Increases the power of your Blood Magic barriers by 15%. Also, whenever you cast a Blood Magic barrier your Martyrdom level is increased by an additional 4.
>Voltaic Shunt [Elementalism]
>After naturally dissipating heat for 10 seconds, your next Elemental attack will deal an additional (3Combat Power) magical damage.
>Sov-Tech Paradox Generator [Chaos]
>Whenever you hit with a Chaos ability, you have a 5,5% chance to trigger Chaotic Effects as if you had reached 8 Paradoxes.

the fist weapon seems really good for healing too...

haha fuck
nothing basic is gonna be worth shit and anything worth anything is gonna be manipulated to fuck

Nothing good for dps. Maybe that blade but blade sucks anyway

technically blood does, since high corruption/martyrdom does %damage to you
blood as secondary won't build high enough for it to be a threat, though

>nigger can't even do math
>thinks 10+10 is 10
Look up dunning kruger effect, you are living it.

Why are people freaking out about the listing fee increase? It's still just 10%, so unless you are going to sell an item for retardedly high prices, it's not going to bankrupt you to list something.

You'd have to list an item for 200k to be billed 20k in listing fees, for example. And that's something you can get in a day by doing all the challenges.

Hey since we are on the topic of retards who don't know diddly squat but like to open their mouth anyway, pic related.

>It's still just 10%
>10%
Holy shit, is this legal? Can funcom exploit toddlers who can't do elementary math?!
This must be illegal, there must be a law protecting these retards somewhere.

What are you >implying? That 10% is too much?

Okay, I am getting baited. Well played, you had me convinced you are mentally handicapped.

Maybe you should articulate your point instead of being a snarky passive aggressive cuckold?

isn't it just 10%? it's 10% to place an item. if it sells, then you're supposed to get the 10% listing fee back, but they take 10% as a fee for selling it. if it doesn't sell, you just lose the listing fee. so it's still 10%?

>if it sells, then you're supposed to get the 10% listing fee back

Are you lumping the auction house cut together with the listing fee or something?

The listing fee itself is 10%, there's no way around this fact.

>get
>the
>fee
>back

user... you're such a fucking faggot holy shit.