Be honest. which car would you rather be the driver of

Be honest. which car would you rather be the driver of.

you are the same status in life as you are now but you get one of these. you can't sell for profit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h46wlM_A2X4?t=10m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=TAAvTplSzJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not the Supra, maybe if the Supra wasn't fucked with.

A 9-sec Supra? Hell yes I’d take that over the Ferrari. Faggota don’t know how much the insurance on that Ferrari will cost. And the Supra will get more attention from enthusiasts. Even though it’s Torretto’d the fuck out. I’d still drive the shit out of it on the weekends.

This, even today people in million dollar supercars get excited when they see a supra on the highway.

Yeah other than not giving a flying fuck what someone else thinks, Supras are commonplace where I live, always have been and I'm not interested in some niggered car, doesn't matter what it is.

>being this out of touch with reality
yeah the twin turboed completely custom supra will be muuch more reliable than the stock ferrari top fucking kek
the money you "save" with the supra insurance is almost equal to what the yearly rebuild of the engine will cost
i bet none of you fucking1k hp supra faggots havent even sat -let alone drove a ferrari

the fucking ferrari, how is this even a question? I wouldn't even want to be seen next to such an awfully riced supra, and besides, selling one seat from the ferrari would net you one

Can I mod the Supra back into something not so ugly?

Well technically behind the filmings it was a stock engined Supra (NA sadly if memory serves me right). Replacing the body panels shouldn't be too hard.
Besides, while I've seen a few Ferraris already, I can legitimately say I've ONLY ever watched 2 Supras in my life: one MK2 (absolutely gorgeous in white) and a MK3.

the supra is still a japanese shitbox in comparison and always will be

By all means, keep sperging

Yeah in Aus they're pretty commonplace and I'd own a stock Mk4 no problem but I don't tend to touch sloppy seconds, people are too fucking dodgy.

it is, and I'm a gran turismo babby who jerked it to one as well.

And? You don't seem to understand how little of a fuck people give about it.

they're just worlds apart. Anyone with their right mind would choose a ferrari, then it's just the choice whether or not you'd sell one and get a dream-modded supra for the money plus a kidney or something with the change

This is quite literally the dumbest shit I’ve heard all week. I don’t think you understand cars what so ever. The 2JZ is an almost indestructible engine. It can hold however much hp you want to throw at it and still be reliable. Shit, there are people who toss on bigger turbos and upgrade the fuel setup and push 900 rwhp on the stock internals. They are beastly engines. And who the fuck cares about a 1997 Ferrari? It’s not going to be any better than a fucking 2012 Accord interior. And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t care about Honda at all. Don’t act like a 90’s Ferrari is anything special with today’s quality of cars. And the funny thing, even with the Supra being modded the fuck out, it’ll continue to increase in value faster than that 90’s Ferrari.

You can’t profit from the car, Faggot.

Gated shifter, Ferrari soundtrack and handling would be much nicer than a riced out pigfat Supra. I'm not into driving in a straight line for 400m and I don't care for being popular among jdm/fnf meme kids.

Nah cars which are fucked out like that one never increase in value, people who try to recover mod costs are fucking kidding themselves.

Where do you live?

Perth Aus

You don’t know the MkIV Supra market then. Even riced out ones keep going up in price.

how does this relate to my previous post?

The 1995 F355 Spider (the one in the movie) goes for around the same price as the turbo Supra does today. The F355 won’t hold its value and will keep going down since it’s a V8 Ferrari known for a lot of problems. The Supra will only continue to go up in price. And the moment you have to replace anything on the F355, you’re fucked. Not so much on the Supra. Then you have insurance. Which majority of anons can’t afford for the F355.

The nissan is less likely to break down, so I'd take that one.

which has nothing to do with:
>Gated shifter, Ferrari soundtrack and handling would be much nicer than a riced out pigfat Supra. I'm not into driving in a straight line for 400m and I don't care for being popular among jdm/fnf meme kids.
not to mention that the supras are common where i am, so no, they aren't holding value or going up in price

Then start buying them up and importing them to the States. You’ll make a killing.

You'd have to be fucked in the head to live in Perth though so take this opinion with a grain of salt.

Love you too, even though you're prictorian

>The F355 won’t hold its value and will keep going down since it’s a V8 Ferrari known for a lot of problems. The Supra will only continue to go up in price.
BULLSHIT
The F355, SPECIALLY manual ones are already rebounding. They bottomed out at around 50k. Now are already going to go past 100k.

A Supra with those mods, targa, manual 6-spd and LEFT WHEEL DRIVE is already going for 50k.
And obviously the Supra is way cheaper to maintain.

If you know the used car market you know, this is a good balance deal.

Supra.

First thing I'm doing is repainting it though.

Or selling it if that's an option, but only to buy another Supra that isn't quite as built, or gaudy.

Never liked supras, so I chose the 'rari

You guys get a lot of cool shit but you get reamed hard on Jap cars, you can get manual MK4's here for 35k kangaroobucks, they are going up though, there was a time they were 25k.

Why would I want an ugly pigfat ricebox? The 2JZ is a great engine, but an engine itself doesn't make a car good. Plus, I'd be able to sell the Ferrari and get quite a bit of money out of it, since their prices are going up.

nailed it

Prelude

If one is automatic, that one.
If both are automatic, the Toyota because parts are cheaper.
If both are manual, the Ferrari because it would look better in the driveway.

I hate people like you thinking the engine is the only good thing about the car, it's not.

THere was an actual single turbo supra used for a lot of the filming. The na one you were thinking of was likely one of the spares that got sold last year

The engine literally is the only exceptional part. The supra gets out handled and weighs more than most of its JDM rivals. Every review of the supra circlejerks over how amazing the engine is (cast iron block so not really). Its really not hard to see that the mk4 supra without a JZ motor is worthless to most unless they want to swap in a 2jzgte.

I know, its hard to accept that your car waifu is just a pretty face with hardly any substance inside of her. Its okay, just spool up her turbo.

Also Ferrari over supra.

do modern Supra owners opt for modern twinscroll turbos? TTs were always a hassle

>The supra gets out handled and weighs more than most of its JDM rivals
Haha, what a story, Mark.

>Uses dated information from 1993
>Calls my post a story

In your mind the supra is OP, its not. Any track/autox event would prove that to you.

Your waifu is still trash.

Supras are so boring, looks ugly, and sounds like shit compared to the Ferrari.

Ferrari easily.

delete

>dated information
>the most valuable, period comparisons where no modifications are involved

Really.

nu

>ugly
>sounds like shit
These are your opinions, mah dude.

youtu.be/h46wlM_A2X4?t=10m30s

Good job stating the obvious retard. Guess they're objectively boring though, huh?

>Missing cars like STI, EVO, and GTR
>Most valuable information would come from the manufacturers test data. Not a 3rd party company trying to get you to buy magazines.

I don't even dislike the supra, I just dislike your mentality about that cars status.
Tell me, do you defend the non-turbo supras as well?

Not him but here you go, EVO, STI, and GTR included.

>they're objectively x
I've been on Veeky Forums long enough to know that's what they believe, yes. Surprised you haven't noticed people bandying about subjectivity as fact, it's everywhere.

>would come from the manufacturers test data. Not a 3rd party company trying to get you to buy magazines.
Yeah dude, no conflict of interests there. No incentive to falsify information.

How does the last one have a faster time in red than the blue time?

Isn't the blue one supposed to be the fastest lap while the red one is the average time?

Neither.

probably the Supra if I can save the paintjob and what not. want it stock.

if not, the Ferrari.

>I don't even dislike the supra, I just dislike your mentality about that cars status.
What am I doing? I hate most of the fans as well, but the people hating on it are just as obnoxious, and I'm sick of hearing about it. That's my stance. My bad if I'm rubbing you the wrong way, but this constant shitfest on the car pisses me off, especially when there's bonafide dis and misinformation.

>Tell me, do you defend the non-turbo supras as well?
No, do you?

Left is best lap and right is time attack.

>modified
>different drivers

what a terrible fucking shitpost.

I'm sorry Supra fangirl, but anyone with a brain would take the relatively common bimmer over some overrated jap unicorn.

again, what a terrible fucking shitpost.

Your bait is decently strong. Keep it up, you have potential.

Whatever helps you boyo, I don't even like Supras.

Only Supras that will hold value are USDM ones, cause theyre way lower production numbers. Turbo manual LHD Supras in good condition are increasing in value like crazy

>his dream car is a modified jap car

What's 1, 5, and 8?

>his dream car is an unmodified italo rust bucket

Evo VI
Civic R
Integra R

1 is EVO

>outlapped an FD
Really makes you think.

Imagine being this much of a delusional wannabe.

I own a MK3, the slightly heavier, worse handling brother of the MKIv, I've driven the rivals such as the S14, S13 and FD.

Yeah, the car is heavy, but honestly it throws its weight around really nicely and is very controllable, I actually found the S14, though much lighter, to be a worse handling car. Obviously the FD is the benchmark for nimble sports cars but honestly the Supra does compare reasonably to it, when I compare it to my friend's BMW 330ci I find it a much nicer car to drive

Imagine being this salt

This. Only people who have actually driven the cars know what they're talking about, and no one really shit talks it. Just kids over the internet being contrarian. Thank you.

youtube.com/watch?v=TAAvTplSzJE

FUARK

Incorrect

I used to drive a Testarossa. I will never DD a Ferrari ever again.

A riced SUpra is probably a better DD, but it will still be shit, especially if it's lowered with low profile tyres.

I would rather take the bus.

ferrari, no question.

this

The supra. Id take the ferrari but the retail on one of those is more than I can afford, pal.

>neither, for am i sophisticate

arent u cool

>teleports behind you

Hey why not get the Ferrari and put it up for rental? That way easy shekels will come and can pay off insurance ad well. Hey op said no sell for profit. He did not say that you can't lend it for profit

>there are people who toss on bigger turbos and upgrade the fuel setup and push 900 rwhp on the stock internals. They are beastly engines.

Wow sounds like any GM junkyard truck engine from 98 up

>F355 is a shit Ferrari

Would take the Supra because if its the movie car its 9 sec and will only break if i push it really hard in a race. If the normal NA Supra I'd take it anyway because I have plans for a Supra body. (No its not a shitty LS)

>because italians are known for their quality and longevity of their vehicles
Supra anyday simply because I can daily it without losing $150 for ever mile

So not trying to start any arguments, just out of curiosity, is reliability your only incentive?

the left one

its prettier and the bonnet is shorter and it seems to generally have better ergonomics

No, the F355 is straight up just a bad Ferrari lol

Look at it this way though, you could have fun in a Supra, and if something breaks you could fix it without much worry because >peasant car

The Ferrari if it breaks (which it will because italian) chances are you wouldnt touch it but rather let Ferrari do it.

Also I think the Supra looks better, even if it is fast and furioused out (im being honest, but i'd still make it less conspicuous)

Also lets be honest you wouldnt mod a ferrari, but a Supra...

>peasant car

More than you can afford, pal.

>Also lets be honest you wouldnt mod a ferrari
speak for yourself

>bmw e60
I almost bought one but jesus fuck they are unreliable
I would rather stick with merc where shit breaks but it costs me 10 euros for a new part

Unfathomably ugly.

Awww why ruin it?

kys

>two words
to be expected from a two digit IQ
at the end of the day toyota's 3500 lb soapbar can't be rectified by any amount of modifications in terms of appearance

>I find thing ugly
>"Ah, that must mean he finds other thing beautiful"

Nice conclusion jumping, Columbo.

>in terms of appearance
>mention weight

Can't even keep your insults straight.

looking at the side profile, i think the nose is a bit too long

i decided to try and edit it to be shorter, and its not perfect, but i think it looks cool, and not wonky and misshapen

Shit idk I sort of like the long nose, reminds me of an F40 (even though yes I know the F40 nose is short)

>how much the insurance on that Ferrari will cost
About $600 a year.

the what?