Why do you support the inferior transportation mode, Veeky Forums?

why do you support the inferior transportation mode, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/03/why-dont-young-americans-buy-cars/255001/
hetccv.nl/onderwerpen/geweld-in-het-openbaar-vervoer/
cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6631a9.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to avoid the violence and odor of public transport

The same reason your cock is in your hand.
It's fun.

American problems. Of course no one but violent minorities and nutbags are going to use public transport if you only route public transport into the ghetto and ban nutbags from getting drivers licenses in car centric urban planning. Your public transport is garbage because you've made it that way and because your society is garbage.

>American problems
is your homeland negro-free?

My homeland even with minorities has lower violence and crime rates than American whites.

>American whites
American whites have the same crime rate as Belgium.

Which is easily the highest in western Europe, and still considerably lower than the one of American whites, at least in regards to homicides. Not going to look up dozens of crime statistics now.

Wew laddy, come and see the Netherlands. Bus drivers and those people who check train tickets regularly get beaten to within an inch of their life. Bus drivers often don't even get mugged or otherwise have shit stolen, cultural enrichers just don't like having to pay for a ticket.

Busses and trains tend to be smelly, dirty and neglected. Also,
>pay way too much money for public transport
>have to be cold while waiting on PT
>have to be cold and rained on after PT on your way to work or so

or

>pay a bit more
>warm and comfy in your shitbox from door to door without proletarians and otherwise unwanted smell, dirt and other shit
Hard choice, huh?

Because i'd rather not have to deal with bus stops every five miles, nor do i want the limitations of trains, and taking at taxi everyday is not exactly economic.
moreover i don't wanna sit among poor people, pensioners, children and students, all of which are the main users of public transport here.
Additionally i don't want to time my day some some government cunts transport time-scheme, i'll drive where i want when i want.
Only hippies use public transport by choice and not necessity.
There's a reason that the term "Peoples Car" exists, people want cars, they are desirable objects.
You don't hear 16 year old kids in america wishing for a fucking buspass, they wish for a car.
Now the argument about peoples choice of car for their needs is a whole different issue, but more legitimate than OP's issue.

Only piece ill give is that trains are pretty alright for trips between countries here in Europe, but that's only if the plane ticket isn't cheaper, which it in most cases is.

I actually don't, I'm a huge supporter of efficient public transport.

Less dumb normies in the streets == less traffic, less mandated safety features, better driving experience for enthusiasts

>Bus drivers and those people who check train tickets regularly get beaten to within an inch of their life.
Huge exaggeration. Two or three cases don't make it a rule.

>pay a bit more
Huge understatement. People lose hundreds of bucks a month to all associated costs of car ownership. You also forgot "stuck in traffic for ages and wasting ungodly amounts of time searching for a parking spot".

>You don't hear 16 year old kids in america wishing for a fucking buspass, they wish for a car.
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/03/why-dont-young-americans-buy-cars/255001/

inb4 volcanic eruptions about soyboys

Public transport is perfect for urban environments, but unfortunately when you have large area and low population density in most of it, you need personal transport

They're missing the point, young people don't want to buy cars and houses because they cost an arm and a leg at a point in life where you're trying to set up your future career and stability

And more unfortunately yet people in urban environments still insist on using cars because they think they can emulate the benefits of a rural lifestyle with none of the drawbacks in suburbia.

Lmao m8 7% of all public transport employees have been physically abused in 2016. 31% has been threatened.
Sauce on the info, in dutch unfortunately: hetccv.nl/onderwerpen/geweld-in-het-openbaar-vervoer/

Hundreds of bucks per month, my ass. I drive a 2010 polo, 1.4L comfortline and my total costs are roughly 0,30 euro per km.
>hurr durr luxury car muh comfort
We're talking about public transport which is bottom of the barrel quality, basic bitch cars are pretty much the same in creature comforts. Of course if you'll want a 535d the costs will rise. Commuting roughly 85 km daily, I don't encounter much traffic but I leave near Groningen and not in New Arabi- ehh amsterdam so that might be different. Nor do I encounter problems with finding a parking spot

Because America is cold. And that's where I live.

This looks insanely comfy. I wish my city was this well planned out

>cultural enrichers just don't like having to pay for a ticket
But they don't like paying for cars either.

LAfags, explain to a europoor like me. How long is the average commute in a clusterfuck like this?

I love cars and they give me lots of enjoyment.
Having said that i still use my motorbike/bicycle/bus for transportation because gas prices are disgusting.

If gas was free, i would drive everywhere fuck the environment

That's Houston actually, as is the OP pic if I recall correctly. Depicted is the widest highway in the world, which ironically got more clogged after the expansion than before thanks to induced demand.

Los Angeles has seen the errors of its ways and is currently invested in overhauling its building codes and zoning to increase density and walkability, and expanding its public transport, first and foremost the light rail network, to decrease car dependency.

Imagine having to drive around lot to lot to find parking and then walk 15 minutes to your big tall office building. Looks horrible to me.

Those white crime rates are boosted by hispanics and arabs.

Because it's enjoyable and I can afford to drive the car I want.

I was referring to non-hispanic whites.

I've had a ~50 mile, 1 hour trip from LA back to Irvine take me 5 hours because every accident had to happen and the whole fucking city had to be bottlenecked into a couple lanes. Usually that 1 hour trip is extended to about 2 if you go at rush hour.

You normally have a parking structure and maybe even your own space to park in if you work in a city office.

Hours.

Because I would get robbed by the state daily if I had to drive into the city everyday.

the fecal bacteria count on the bus seats is about the same world-wide, very high

This picture is probably from the 80s or some shit. Here's Dallas in 1987...

...and in 2016.

US land values make no sense. In one spot land is expensive enough to justify a 40 story skyscraper. Across the street it's a flat, free parking lot.

That's almost the same as before, the biggest change are more trees.

So where do people park now?

Underground, or they take the DART.

The more recent photos are of a different area.

>texans taking public transport
Times have changed.

>implying busses don't have a cost of ownership
It's called 50% of your paycheck bub

You know how when two people take one car and it becomes cheaper for them than each person taking their own car? Buses are 40 people taking one car. You also don't have to build highways with six lanes in each direction for buses. All the costs get downsized.

Because people in Toronto are cheap and don't want to pay property taxes.

This is the supposed subway map for December 2017. Mind you the Downsview to Vaughn metro centre extension was supposed to be open but still isn't.

And this is the London underground map for comparison.

Toronto is covered by snow 4-6 months of the year but city council and the residents are still fighting each other about digging more tunnels.

When you file your taxes there a little box that allows you to contribute more than you owe. Have you ever done it?

>refuses to provide proof for his claim
opinion discarded

>7% have been physically abused
Yeah, and 7% of women were sexually molested, because a guy in a club tried to grab their butt while dancing.

Sadly, cars are outdated as fuck. Soon they will only be owned by enthusiasts and that will boost their prices, so your average Veeky Forums user won't be able to buy them.

For fun, and I can't afford tracks

auto>suburban train>tram>shit>pee>buses

Come see Canada, you'll feel grateful America isn't a shitheap.

cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6631a9.htm

>In 2015, homicide rates were 5.7 deaths per 100,000 for the total population, 20.9 for non-Hispanic blacks, 4.9 for Hispanics, and 2.6 for non-Hispanic whites.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

>149 Belgium 1.96

The closest matches for American non-Hispanic white murder rate are Bangladesh, the country Georgia and Libya (the one with the civil war a few years ago and still partially dysfunctional government).

If you deport all the Asians and shitskins in my country, I'll be happy to catch a bus.

Such comparisons are useless while the American government actively inflates white crime numbers

Bullshit. How would they get away with that?

Because people don't care? This is a country that denies Asians and whites university positions and jobs to favour lower performing blacks and mestizos

Nope because I was audited by the revenue agency twice before I was 22. Apparently a 16 year old white kid in suburbia making $10.25/hour and working 32 hours a week is suspicious.

Obviously I was dealing drugs so they audited me again after minimum wage went up when I was 20.

Greedy assholes can't fathom someone's parents making them pay for their own shit.

If you think people are being greedy by not wanting to pay higher property taxes then why don't you pay more than required? Just tick the box and send the IRS a bigger check

>there are actually people who prefer to live stacked on top of other people with little to no privacy, no peace and quiet, no space of their own as opposed to living in a standalone house with a yard and a garden

>if you don't like that others don't pay more, pay more yourself goy!
Sound logic you got there dipshit

So you're a hypocrite. If you think raising property taxes is good, and you can't get others to do it, why don't you at least start with yourself?

Why don't you? Why do you like telling others how to think and behave?

Because I don't believe higher taxes are good. You obviously do. So why not give a little extra to the government next year?

>Bitchin that people don't want to pay property taxes
followed with
>Why don't you? Why do you like telling others how to think and behave?
unironically and seriously commit sudoku

>implying the bus actually runs on time
>implying the company actually fucking maintains the fleet
>implying the government isn't looking solely to cut service
>implying the people who ride the bus have the most basic of manners
>implying anyone would willingly sit on a bus for more than 10 minutes with five dozen other people on board

Since when did I say higher taxes are a good thing?

>ban nutbags from getting drivers licenses
You don't know America.

It was implied in your first post here

You mean this one that wasn't me?

Then why are you butting into my conversation with that guy?

FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKER

Because fuck you, that's why

This is me
By greedy assholes I meant revenue Canada. The corporate tax rate is stupid low for the small amount of foreign investment. I'm not saying companies should pay for my healthcare and stuff but I don't trust a government that goes after the little guy in hopes of catching me scamming them when I barely made $14 k. They're bigger fish to fry.
I used to live in Oakville Ontario. Then came to Toronto and was shocked by how little it was in comparison. Even my sis so is a realtor can't believe how low it is. Then the population bitches about the shitty Gardner expressway falling apart, but don't want to pay to repair it but also don't want it torn down since all other highways are clogged. 401 is the busiest highway in North America 24 hours a day.

Because try getting anywhere in Texas using public transportation. Not even fucking possible.

Why should we give a shit about a few parking lots? Have you seen how much open real estate we have in America? Fuck outta here eurocuck, go guzzle some circumcised cock from your jewish overlords.

You see it as an obstacle, I see it as a challenge

>there are actually people who think you can build a city housing millions in detached houses with gardens without the infrastructure becoming a complete shitfest and resource usage and therefore costs spiraling out of control
When have you ever read that places like Phoenix, Las Vegas or Houston have a high quality of life? All the cities with the happiest residents are built comparatively compact with good public transport and good opportunities for walking and biking. Antisocial suburbia is a complete fucking dead end in urban planning.

Belgium is an absolute shithole btw

It's even better on a road map. Literally only covers a handful of streets, is always late, and the price keeps going up despite no service improvements.

If you're from out of the city and planning to go downtown - and ONLY downtown - then by all means park on the outskirts and take it in, instead of trying to park in the core. But if you're going literally anywhere else? Drive.

Older map to show how nothing has changed in decades.

Those houses have no yards, they have a tiny strip of grass between them. It is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to have good public transport anywhere but a city, and living in a "compact" place sucks mule dicks.

>All the cities with the happiest residents are built comparatively compact

This is the story that all (((developers))) tell us so they can cram 8 houses on an acre. The same developers that have a tennis court and swimming pool on their lots.

It's literally impossible to have good public transport in American "cities" where it takes two miles of cul de sac mazes just to get out of your neighborhood.

I don't. I fucking hate bicycles.

this guy isn't exagerating about the CRA. Canada hates entrepreneurs.

sounds like a failure of american city planning rather than a failure of public transport as a concept

>walk to bus stop
>get on bus
why do americans think the bus has to go right to everyone's doorstep or has to be some horrible el-rail/subway abomination?

>Canada hates entrepreneurs.
only because they hate Quebec and entrepreneurs trigger their PTSD over Quebec ever trying to do anything ever

regards, bombardier + softimage

>American "cities" where it takes two miles of cul de sac mazes just to get out of your neighborhood.
You moron you've just described a fucking suburb, that is by definition not a city, not an urban area.

>>walk to bus stop
>>get on bus
>why do americans think the bus has to go right to everyone's doorstep or has to be some horrible el-rail/subway abomination?
Why are citycucks so geographically ignorant that they think everyone lives in or right next to a megacity? There's literally no public transport where I live, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have this wonderful thing called a car which allows me to go where I want when I please without restriction.

>sounds like a failure of american city planning rather than a failure of public transport as a concept
Again, you don't seem to understand that some people live in a place that isn't a city. It's not "a failure of city planning" it just isn't a densely populated place.

>There's literally no public transport where I live,
and that means that there can never be, even in hypotheticals? You americans are really unimaginative.

>It's not "a failure of city planning"
cul-de-sac mazes are ABSOLUTELY a failure of city planning. They're tedious and take long to navigate, they preclude good distribution of public services (including things like sewage, power, irrigation, etc) the increased road area makes for a lot of heat in summer and more expensive snow-clearing and salting in winter, they're just shit, and you're gay. Even if population density is low, public transit is still possible by way of bus and/or park-and-ride commuter trains, as happens in other countries of similar size with places of similar population density like China and Canada and Russia.

>and that means that there can never be, even in hypotheticals? You americans are really unimaginative.
You stupid nigger, somehow you think it's economically feasible to have public transport in a rural area huh? Shows how much education you've completed, must've skipped economics and civics when you were in high school.

Everything that's dependent on the city for integral function is part of the city. If you take the suburbs away from the city they'll just cease to function.

>You americans are really unimaginative.
You non-americans are really stupid. Who is going to pay for your """""""hypothetical"""""" public transport running to far off routes where nobody will use it anyway because they have a car?

>You stupid nigger, somehow you think it's economically feasible to have public transport in a rural area huh?

>suburbs
>rural

>Who is going to pay
Probably the same people who pay for your water and sewage and power hookups, and who pay for the roads, and who pay for schools and local police and every other municipal-level thing.

>Who is going to pay for your """""""hypothetical"""""" public transport running to far off routes where nobody will use it anyway because they have a car?
people who buy bus and train passes

That's actually 100% something they do. Hispanics are considered white in official government documents unless noted otherwise.

the moral of this thread is that America is a shithole because Americans are shit