Why the FUCK can't reputable light manufacturers make 1157 LED bulbs in red and amber...

why the FUCK can't reputable light manufacturers make 1157 LED bulbs in red and amber? They usually only come in (((white))) which makes the tail light look purple and indicators bright yellow.
Why are their LED headlights not in the white ~4000K range, but blinding >6500K spectral type O hypergiants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Dc--yXsJl4?t=46s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit, that's why some cars have those exceptionally ugly tail lights?
>the more you know

bump

Because only the cheapest LEDs find use in aftermarket car shit and most normies do not fucking care.

If you want that, get the right LEDs and solder your shit together yourself.

Yeah seems to be an issue across the board with LED's, Ive tried to use LED spotties hunting but they're so blue you can't actually see anything and regular halogens end up being better.

PIAA makes 1157 bulbs which cost like $250 a pop, but of course they're white

>wanting led headlights
Y tho

they're better and more efficient than projectors granted you don't buy stuff soldered in some chink sweatshop

Halogen, nigga.
Or certified LED bulbs from Philips or Osram...

Laser

Oh boy can't wait for these to hit the road. Literally lasers. I'm going to need to wear a welding mask to drive at night.

As long as the cars using them have adaptive brightness like on Mazdas then it should be ok.

LEDfags are the fucking worst, especially those hillbilly ass niggers that put in bright as fuck LEDs with no shield in their halogen housings so it blinds the fuck out of anyone nearby. Also people who use off-road light bars around traffic deserve to be ran off the road.

>100 meter low beam
Fuck these dickwaving contests about having the farthest shining low beams. It leads to them angling the lights too high so it shins in my eyes and mirrors anyway, defeating the purpose of the low beam.

no it fucking won't be ok. That kind of shit never takes away the extra annoyance of the ultrafuckbrite lights.
>cars start getting fuckbrite HIDs
>"as long as the projectors have a cutoff height it will stay out of people's eyes and it will be okay"
>but then when the road isn't perfectly flat they shine up into the air and blind everyone anyway
>"well then we will add auto-leveling. then the car will adjust itself and it will be ok. oh and we can shine them higher too now so you can see farther with your low beam and still not blind people"
>but they don't adjust fast enough so every bump in the road makes it like a fucking strobe light in my mirrors
>plus people put the lights in reflectors not fit for it anyway

I know I'm super autistic about lights but there is really no need for these "improvements." They just make it annoying to drive at night unless you drive a lifted truck that sits 20 feet off the ground.

There's literally nothing wrong with a 55/60W halogen bulb in a good reflector. They shine light where it needs to be in a color that actually makes things visible and isn't painful for other traffic to look at. Making the low beams brighter is especially retarded since making it brighter doesn't make you able to see farther.

I hate this shit. My seating position is low, no I'm not a stancefaggot my car is low from the factory, and I get my night vision wrecked by some faggot with aftermarket headlights or some douche in a bro truck regularly. I've considered putting some off road lights on my car like the ones on my land cruiser and flashing them at people whose stupid lightbars and aftermarket headlights dazzle me but I'm too lazy.

>don't buy stuff soldered in some chink sweatshop
The problem is that those bulbs assembled in the USA out of chinese LED chips cost a lot for each single bulb. Those companies test each chinese batch with burn in tests to verify the chips are statistically stable and don't burn out after a month of usage. The chinese know that customers don't inspect the individual chips on their bulbs after a month of usage. If they did, they would also have to wear dimming goggles or welder mask to see each of the LED chips mounted on the pedestal or stalk inside the bulb assembly. After a month, one or more of the chips might be burned out on the cheap bulbs shipped from China.

Yeah. I drive a fucking camry and constantly get headlights right in the retinas. Even stock cars now are coming with the lights angled high enough to go into my wing mirrors, and above eye level if there is any curvature to the road at all.

I actually bought some cheap spotlights to do that but I don't want to cut holes in my bumper for them.

red and amber LEDs look so sexy on older models with diffused lenses

>don't buy stuff soldered in some chink sweatshop
This isn't common knowledge by now?

Float into their lane like you're going to head-on them while flashing your lights.

You know, since you can't see. It's fucking entertaining.

I would but I'd be afraid of actually hitting them since I actually can't see the road

While you're both in the hospital your insurance company's lawyer could be asking about those unapproved LED headlights from "UltraBrightLEDsDirect.com" that they had installed.

Don't be scarred. Buy an old Suburban and join the fun.

would it help if I had a dash cam with audio recording and started shouting "fuck i can't see turn that shit off!" as I approach them?

just use warm white led you stupid fuck.

that's the whole point of this thread retard, white looks horrible

100% mate. Only if you can sound convincing.

>red and amber LEDs look so sexy on older models with diffused lenses

I hope this is a funpost.

>Better
No
>more efficient
Who cares?

In a housing that isn't designed for them the light pattern is shit and you'll be driving blind at night

No you fucktard I said adaptive.

since you obviously didn't understand my post, the point was that it never adapts fast enough or accurately enough to actually avoid annoying/blinding/glaring other people

Those are high beams....r...right guys?

You can't adapt faster than the speed of radar.

Are you bring retarded on purpose?

I can see headlights coming over hills and around corners and react accordingly. I also don't drive around with my high beams on around other cars so it doesn't fucking matter.

Your original post says NOTHING about radar-guided adaptive brightness. You just go on about leveling and "cutoff height". This system literally DETECTS VEHICLES and does not shine the light on that object.

I meant bulbs, not an autistic housing

yes

even in this pic it is shining into the left side mirror of the red car

>low beams shining 15 feet in the air
yeah that's fucking great man

youtu.be/0Dc--yXsJl4?t=46s

well miats have pretty high headlights

BMW has had these since 2012. They're not legal in the US so all of the functions are disabled and the microshutters aren't put into the US headlight assemblies.

One of these days I'm going to kamikaze into one of you assholes.

aim the down you faggot

This, LEDs put out shitty light
Period.
OH IT'S SO BRIGHT
Doesn't matter how bright it is if you can't fucking make out any detail or focus on anything.