Other urls found in this thread:

godotengine.org/article/dev-snapshot-godot-3-0-alpha-1
kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/index.php
vocaroo.com/i/s00kZFQXfsmE
clyp.it/sxapfjjy
angryfishstudios.com/2011/04/adventures-in-bitmasking/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No fake 1MA allowed

Reminder that Godot 3.0a1 is out, go test it.
godotengine.org/article/dev-snapshot-godot-3-0-alpha-1

for anyone underestimating the time and money that went into KoFXIII's sprites

kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/index.php

Reposting
vocaroo.com/i/s00kZFQXfsmE

You used to only be able to use wooden stair blocks to go up now, not only can I place blocks that go up along a wall, but boku is able to go up 1 space up as long as a tile is up there so it doesn't always need to be wooden stairs.

So if 1MA is a pipe dream, why don't you guys get together and produce something only multiple individuals can make? Where else will you find a like-minded group of people like here?

what will i need for making/failing for my first game? i got unity and blender what else would i need and for it to do what?

this only proves my point.

A single guy won't be able to match such quality.

my bad, i didnt read the argument, i was just assuming i was being told that i was dumb for pointing out how intensive those sprites were

because most people here are 20 year something with not skill.

if they would be skilled they would be holding a job then hiring people to help them.

professionals cost money.

>navel gazing this hard
>taking the time to make images like this
Not going to make it but you already know that.

because everyone here is too bitter to make friends with other people here

Make sure you have an itchio account so you can upload the game, get no downloads, then wrongly declare that site is to blame.

Because people prefer believing in a pipe dream.

At the end there's a very slight chance of becoming rich, and if that happens, nobody would want to share the cut with other fags from here.

Because everyone here wants to use Unity or UE4.
I'll only collab with someone using Godot.

have you ever been ghosted online

hello what's your expertise

>pointless drama for 1ma
>the dinosaur crawls
>keikaku dori

Tweaking pickups vanish timers.
Most pickups should spawn at melee range and the ones that don't will force the player to either reposition or lose it.

Why do you need indie games to be AAA? Shut up. Too insecure about being an indie dev? Don't make a game, and go away.

Do you want someone to tell you you failed because you were 1MA? There's no way for us to know that. It's far more likely that you just aren't gifted or skilled or disciplined enough to make a simple game, which is a very fulfilling experience that you'll never have because being indie makes your penis feel small.

lol is that really a thing?

is your game kino?

I decided I'll distribute my engine's code as part of the game when it ships. From what I see there are two options:
1) Distribute the full source with the binaries, with a clause asking not to distribute them before a specific time has passed. This is what the handmade hero vaporware is doing, I think it'd work because those who have the knowledge to build such a project would probably not be the typical pirate scum.
2) Only give the engine and not the game specific code (I plan to reuse it for other kinds of games, so far it's been quite robust when tried with several types). Maybe do like id and distribute full source a few years later.

This is a pretty retarded question, but babby's first game (basically a mario clone, 2d platformer) so I'm trying to figure this out; am I supposed to have a box collider for each tile on the ground? Will having a figurative billion (couple hundred probably?) 2D box colliders impact the game's performance any? Tutorials I've seen so far just have the guy taking one tile and stretching it to make the floor.
This is Unity, if it matters any

Idea guys, give me some ideas about a volleyball game.

it's ludo

What are you using for your vision cone. Ray casting?

anime girls

step aside cunts

What makes it a better choice than all the other free frameworks/engines?

Gogem's way of thinking has tainted you.

What this user said is the truth

Does unity support quad trees?
If yes its the answer.

go on

Do people gave a fuck about the new game of Pixel?

He's remembered by Cave story, he though he could make it as a 1MA.

But he was famous because his game was the first.

But now, his games are simply another pixelshit platformer.

Most of the public will see AAA games and then will, because they WILL, compare your indie shit with games made by AAA companies.

Do anyone outside indiedevs care about indie games made by 1MA?

Have you seen them at the E3?

No.

google "ooblets"

I want to say nothing because there are plenty of engines out there that are subpar too but I don't see why that'd prevent them from being distributed. However mine builds very fast and the source is very clear and hackable for games that use 2D foregrounds with 3D backgrounds.

I'm drawing primitives to a surface based on every LoS blocker's angle between itself and the player, and then drawing that surface to the screen.

oh heck it's happening

nah, even thousands are not a problem

godot 3.0 is finally starting to happen?
i remember them teasing it forever ago. good to know its growing

>source is very clear and hackable
well that is not up to you to decide. post the code so I can shit on it

>google says it has a developer that implies a team

Pretty much anything other than unity or UE handles tilemaps in a efficient way. GM2 supports multiple tile layers, with no actual need for collision masks if you are clever with your code. I would assume godot probably does too.

what did u just say

this is my art, my programming and my music, tell me i wont make it again i dare u

clyp.it/sxapfjjy

>starting to happen
They have been working on it nonstop since forever, dozens of commits every day.

No.

I am rather curious for what on earth that code could be used for.

you need the legs to move up more as they're going from back to front. also the tail is looking weird since it only moves every 2 steps instead of every step.
otherwise looks good user

I-I don't even know what this means.

Thanks.

I'm quite confident I'm right. You'll be able to once it gets released.

shows how much ive been out of the loop then

thats it
fuck volleyball btw

what's wrong with volleyball

Check DoA volleyball

Ok bokudev I have to ask wtf is wrong with your face and eyes here in your pic just curious?

its stupid upside-down basketball

It's the least efficient way to deal with bitmasking, it's essentially link below, but with the diagonal values added aswell, and then they had to be mapped to a tileset I already had, so I just spaghettied it manually.

angryfishstudios.com/2011/04/adventures-in-bitmasking/

Hey knightdev, I've been racking my brain as to how you put that 3D chair into a recent scene you posted. Any hints? I like to work things out for myself, if you could just point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

>xD he shows his face on the internet he looks sooo awkward guys xDD

You can do it, /agdg/!

Can you show us a practical use for the dash?

JUST

this is why all the yesdevs abandon agdg

i just realized there is a AGDG clone in infinitechan, its like the opposite of AGDG. everyone is nice and polite, they have a huge ammount of cool games with progress posts every second. how can we even compete?

Thats an ugly guy

>they have a huge ammount of cool games with progress posts every second
>implying more than 2 people use *ch

>every second
more like every monthth

literally who? am I supposed to care about this or something?

go and stay go

>be ugly
>try to look cute
kill yourself bokudev

Got it, thank you.

Thanks user.
But I don't know if I can. I fell for the 3D meme and I'm starting to realize it's actually hard. There's so many models I have to make, and texture, and rig and animate. I'm still new to modeling, will I get faster? Is 3D really worth it?

Sad but true. Their /agdg/ would be so much better than this wretched hive of shitposting if it wasn't dead as fuck.

It's actually suppa simple:
1- Take this sprite (Each 12x12 square is one sub-image)
2- Center the origin (6x6)
3- Create an object with that sprite as its sprite index
4- Put this on its draw event:
for(var i=0; i

>first writes "progress posts every second"
>then admits it's dead as fuck in the very next post

Huh. I just scrolled through and found this image more interesting than anything else there. I think it may have been a banner ad. I fucking love me some choc wafers.

>Is 3D really worth it?
Preparing 3D assets is more complex and time consuming than creating 2D assets. But 3D assets are much more flexible than 2D. Meaning that once you do have those 3D assets, you can do a lot more with them than you can with 2D ones.

So yeah, I'd say its worth it.

Why do you think I'm him?

Post em!

Whats wrong with this? Not sure what you see wrong with his face?

A scholar and a gentleman. Deceptively simple solution. You've got my $5-$20 when you release my friend.

is this ludum dare?

3D isn't for bitches, that's why every indie game is 2D.

Are you a bitch?

What website is this

Its just shitposting honestly.

I don't think you understand. As something gets more popular more shitposters will start posting there.
If their /agdg/ were as popular they would have shitposting too. Maybe they would have dedicated mods to ban those shitposters, but a strict moderation isn't what I want from an anonymous board, I want peoples unfiltered opinions on my game and gamedev topics in general.

People don't seem to realize there is actually a lot of progress posted here. They just ignore it and decide to shitpost about shitposters instead of posting their own progress. It's a retarded cycle.

Just post progress or gamedev related things instead of contributing to nonsense posts.

your face when you realize 3d is easyer than 2d.

LD39
Final round, guys!

Yeah I suppose you're right.

N-No I'm not a bitch!

I kind of like the idea of combining moving fortress & running out of power.

Machines +1
Everything else -1

I want to see mecha games.

>le 2D is ez meme
2D is more laborious than 3D, user.

Why do you think the game industry shifted to 3D in the 90s? Because its more cost-effective.

They switched to 3D because it was the current year.

3d may scale better for large teams, but for 1mas and small indies, 2d is simpler and cheaper. 2d has the advantage of translating directly from photoshop to your engine, without worrying about rigging, texturing, etc.

>I want peoples unfiltered opinions on my game and gamedev topics in general
nobody is gonna filter shit opinions.
they are gonna filter out absolute pointless shits like sourcedev.
it's the ultimate shitposting.

I love the complexity of old 2d programming. It still amazes me how much they managed to fit on snes carts etc. Really inspired me to get a good grasp of binary operations and using bit flags to keep everything as efficient as possible. Fucking magicians they were.

Make a game based on that vote: A game about a guy with his cancer bag. (El Terrorista)
>idea guy