/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Eldritch Truth Edition

Melted down in blood, but not reborn: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>tfw no Doll gf

I want to smell Iosefka's feet

>summon dies immediately after coming through the fog

Why are there so many saw spear hunters in the chalice dungeons?

Can someone explain how instability frames work, to someone who has only played the 3 Dark Souls games? Like, if you fuck up a dodge and get hit during recovery frames, does it do bonus damage? Or do they exist at all outside of getting parried?

Doujinshi of bestial Gascoigne raping his daughters where?

Someone please help me with the undead giant.

Pass is 1010

It's the remnants of all the shitters that died there using this shit weapon.

I always assumed the Executioners were just rebellious Cainhurst servants that got tired of their master's shit and rose up. The religious side of their group is either just propeganda after they wiped out the Vilebloods and joined back with the main city of Yharnam, or because they were proselytized to as servants and motivated to rise up by those teachings in a pseudo-leninist revolt (except theorcratic instead of marxist).

Why?
You find the Executioners set in Cainhurst, which makes sense because the Executioners fought the Vilebloods there.
But you also find the Executioner's gloves, which explicitly mention belonging to Cainhurst servants from a foreign land. The Executioner's Gloves use the same blood-soul magic as Logarius and the Wheel, both of which are associated with the Executioners. The naming convention here is obviously not accidental, especially because you find the two so close to each other.

Which then comes to the other point. The signature weapon of the Executioners is a wheel, a carriage wheel. Why is that interesting? Because nobility (eg. Cainhurst nobility, the vilebloods) ride the carriage, and the servants do not. The carriage is a symbol of the power and privilege of the nobles, and the fact that the Executioners literally beat Vilebloods to death with them is both symbolic, and likely implying something more. After all, if the Executioners were originally servants that rose up against their masters, they wouldn't exactly have access to proper weapons. But they would have access to improvised weapons.
In other words, all the shit in Cainhurst is implying that some crazy bastard tore a wheel off a carriage and started beating vilebloods to death with it, and inspired some of the rest of the castle's servants to grab whatever they could find and join in. This was likely Logarius himself, who then became a martyr by choosing to stay behind and keep Annalise contained while the rest escaped the castle after slaughtering their masters.

I actually think Loran is another planet. The landscape is too alien. The flora and fauna too.

>poison

YOU'VE COME TO THE WRONG DUNGEON YOU SISSY NIGGERKEK HUNTER

>joined back with the main city of Yharnam
It's implied that the king of Cainhurst ruled Yharnam before the Healing Church usurped the power.

This dungeon is finished.

i'll srrc.

Kek.
The bell is ringing again.

>The landscape is too alien. The flora and fauna too.
You mean like the Nightmare Frontier?
Fun fact: the Nightmare Frontier and Loran are both the only places where you find Coldblood Flowers. Their description mentions they only grow in a place "long abandoned," which certainly makes sense with regards to Loran as it aligns directly with other Loran-based descriptions. It does not, however, account for their presence in the Nightmare Frontier, which is a nightmare so who abandoned it and why?

Until you realize that the Lecture Hall and Nightmare of Mensis both precedent areas of the real world being drawn physically into a nightmarespace, and that this process is somehow intrinsically linked to the propagation of the beast scourge.

You mean making F, R *or* C will unlock all, or making a dungeon that's F+R+C?

Phys% gems should max out at 20%

Sharp and Heavy gems should be better at 50 stat than a % gem is to a certain point

Stam use down gems should max out at be 30% stam decrease

Healing gems should max out at +10 healing each

Rally up should be a more common additional stat instead of +flat damage and durability up useless shit considering how central to the gameplay rally is

Guidance teir 3 should be in the game properly

You should be able to convert a gems shape to one you can use for a cost of materials, echoes and or other gems

This game has alot of silly things that should be better and that's kind of why I DO want a BB sequel but at the same time, don't

If the shit area frontier is a nightmare copy of Loran then it's a really shit one
Where's the sand, where are the clerics, where are the SPIDER MAIDENS

>You mean like the Nightmare Frontier?
>Fun fact: the Nightmare Frontier and Loran are both the only places where you find Coldblood Flowers.
Exactly.
Nightmare Frontier is a mirror of Loran like Hunter's Nightmare is a mirror of Yharnam.

This is getting too out of control.

You need all 3 rites to unlock all roots with rites.

There's a spider gentleman, is that not enough for you? Incidentally, that would imply that Patches is the last sane inhabitant of Loran. Too bad he's a cunt and won't tell us about the lore.

Most of the beasts live underground in the maze of ruins of what was once their home. They stick to what they know, just like the beasts in Old Yharnam who don't attempt to leave.

Also there's fucking Amygdala on the surface and beasts don't want to fuck with that.

Are you saying the beasts dindu nuffin?

The spiders are Mensis dudes, which is why they're all the fuck over Mergo's loft.
Patches got into the Frontier from the Lecture Hall (which is from Byrgenwerth, by the way).

>implying the loran beasts wouldn't absolutely trash frontier amygdala
Imagine fighting against 20 loran silverbeasts on 4 legs

>not making your character sit down when you leave the game for a bit to get a drink or snack

Mensis dudes in every fucking chalice dungeon?

>not making them stare at a vista and enjoy the view

They do show up in Loran much more than in any other dungeon, though.

>not making them sit down and look at a vista

anyone wanna bully Maria?
shoot me a (you) if you do

I'll ring again.

The bell ladies ring them in, same as the ones in Yhar'gul ring in villagers.
The people bound to the bell maidens aren't still alive. They were sacrifices. The original bodies of the Mensis scholars are all sitting dead and rotting in Yhar'gul's Advent Plaza, sacrificed to the ritual in order to enter the nightmare.

yes, pass?

Yes, friend, where at and password

When you think about it, maybe the Hintertombs run under Forbidden Woods considering that both Forbidden Woods and hintertomb are host to a metric shitton of snakes and the poison pools in hintertombs have trees in them and kinda feel like the poison shithole in the cave.

Fuck, maybe the IRL Hintertomb is accessed through the BurgerKing basement.

Ill join, even though maria is my waifu and my build isnt optimized yet

Yeah, I can imagine that. Three seconds of flamethrowing and they're all deadity dead.

By the lamp, password is bbg
First come first serve

>sacrificed to the ritual in order to enter the nightmare.
Wouldn't be so sure about that. They were delivered into the Nightmare, as the hat description states, while their brains were stillborn, whatever that means (but it was certainly rather lethal).

That would make sense. The Hintertombs are basically an ever-expanding network of pointless tunnels snaking out from the central labyrinth because mindless Watchers were given the order to build them and never told to stop.
Byrgenwerth probably encountered the outskirts of the Hintertombs first and gradually spelunked their way inwards until they discovered the actual Pthumeru Labyrinth at its core.

Ringing

Okay now I need to see this.

>implying shitdala has a flamethrower
fucker is supposed to be this all smart and celestial god yet he fucking pukes all over the place

Maria is full, we are starting

Anyone joined yet?

By stillborn I assume it refers to their advent as great ones. They failed to be reborn as beings of unlimited perception like they intended.

IIRC one description or another gestures towards the Mensis Brain (which would by extension include the Winter Lanterns) being a collection of ascended Mensis scholars. I can't recall which though so that might not be right.

What are they going to do?
Amygdala's legs take like 4 damage from anything and the Silverbeasts can't exactly reach any higher.

He has a lazor of death that the stupid silverbeasts won't know how to dodge.
>fucker is supposed to be this all smart and celestial god yet he fucking pukes all over the place
Celestial god =/= smart. Rom is literally called The Retarded Spider in the Japanese version.

Wtf, how did they join before me

Thanks Emma and Dih for the help
Well bullied

Rom was just a dumb bitch that turned into a dumb potato
Amygdala was born like this

Anyone wanna help a 97 at lower loran l2 abho beast? glyp is irhi.

I'm slowly losing my motivation to start/continue any more hunters past my current one, especially in the face of gem farming for another Str and a Str/Blt. Should I just go for NG+ with my main hunter? He's fully gemmed.

It's only mentioned in the Living String description, which states that the scholars found it in the nightmare and that it was basically a piece of trash that they still dragged to their castle because they were huge greateoneboos.

>he never saw silverbeasts jumping

>one description or another gestures towards the Mensis Brain (which would by extension include the Winter Lanterns) being a collection of ascended Mensis scholar
Nope
>The immense brain that Mensis retrieved from the nightmare was indeed lined with eyes on the inside, but they were of an evil sort, and the brain itself was terrible rotten.
>But even still, it was a legitimate Great One, and left a relic. A living relic, at that, which is a precious thing indeed
Funny, because brain itself didn't felt very evil for me

Silverbeasts are found in Mensis, too

>FRCs are bullshit because everything can one-shot you, unlike the rest of the game :^]

Mensis is part of the Nightmare Frontier. You can actually see them from each other. They're connected like the Hunter's Nightmare and Fishing Hamlet are.

pw is bbg

of course, good hunting to you

No, man, you're reading it wrong. His eyes were evil eyes, like the evil eyes from the folklore that give you curses. In the game, the brain's gaze gives you frenzy. Seems like something an evil eye would do.

This is nice

Please respond.

Good night version of Yahargul

Okay, good night /bbg/, see you tomorrow.

>if you fuck up a dodge and get hit during recovery frames, does it do bonus damage?
Yes it definitely does.

You can see the Hamlet from Frontier, too, is Hamlet part of Frontier?

i'll srrc

Instability = Counter from any other Souls game

You take Instability damage during the startup and recover of rolls, while attack, and while sprinting. What you take while interrupted is different; the modifier is way higher.

Literally never heard anybody call them "instability frames" before...

Wait I just realized
>Great Ones are supposed to leave behind a Relic when they die.
>Mensis Brain leaves Living String
>Ebi leaves the Isz chalice
>Amygdala leaves Loran chalice
>Rom only leaves Kin Coldblood because it's a shitter Great One
>Orphan leaves a Kos Parasite
>Yharnam leaves her stone
Yharnam achieved Great One status because she, like the others, lost her child (thanks to you)

>thanks to you
I did her a fucking favor.

Can't get to connect

The nightmare is one huge dimension where the great ones can turn the dreams of certain hosts into reality. Isz chalice mentions some "transcendental planes of though" that the Great Ones function on, I think this was referring to the nightmare. It's another plane of existence, it's shaped by the thoughts of the host, and it's transcendental in that your body can remain in the material world or even die there while your consciousness is transported into the nightmare.

Blood-Starved Beasts leaves a Pthumeru Chalice. Blood-Starved Beast wuz Great One

Re-ringing.

It's part of the nightmare, yeah.
Kin are weak to Bolt
Kin are ascended humans
Ascending to Kin status requires baiting a great one with a bastard halfbreed
Loran was cursed by a great one for fucking around with bastard halfbreeds
Loran's beasts naturally have the bolt attribute

There's a great one who shares the bolt attribute and is also involved in curses
This great one is also present in the nightmare-world. It's Kos

DEEPEST LORE

>the music at the elevator that takes you to ebrietas

true immersion

>have audience with small lady, therefore time for corruption
>treat child with care, oh, I can't wait... hee hee...
/bbg/'s handiwork I assume.

I shouldn't have tried that augur, Hib. Sorry about that.

Pthumeru chalice is different because it's stated in game to have already been retrieved in the past, and it's found by the player in the Church of the Good Chalice. Clearly, the chalice was found, brought to Yharnam and enshrined. BSB was just an obstacle to getting it.

The Choir is stated to have accessed the Isz dingeon only after they successfully made contact with Ebrietas. They didn't have a chalice to break the labyrinth's seal themselves. They relied on the good graces of a benevolent great one to break it for them. When killed, ebi leaves behind a relic that grants the wielder the same power.

>be at top of stairs
>see message
>"Time for wheelchairs"
>mfw

Just run up the elevator.

Much love to the feds.

Love,
Squidward

I'll give you a yip for abhorrent beast next time. Dodge 2 o'clock and you'll be safe 80% of a time.

>The Choir is stated to have accessed the Isz dingeon only after they successfully made contact with Ebrietas.
You got that backwards.
>It was also the first Great Chalice brought back to the surface since the time of Byrgenwerth, and allowed the Choir to have audience with Ebrietas.

Micolash just parried me twice in a row

Why is the Beast Cutter so fucking good? Why are all the Old Hunter weapons so good?

Stop attacking head-on into augarspam

See I was fucking that up so I was trying 9 before you showed up.