In the next few months I'll be in the market for a new (or slightly used) truck...

In the next few months I'll be in the market for a new (or slightly used) truck, and after doing some research I stumbled upon a truck I COMPLETELY forgot came out a while back, the Titan XD diesel.

These things look to be a really good deal from what I can see. I found some used ones for low 30's with 10-15k miles on them with the Cummins engine, and that includes leather, heated seats, all the good stuff. I never see any on the road, but they seem to be a REALLY good deal. What does Veeky Forums pickup owners think of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-qKXmPs0yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nissan Pickups in general aren't the best. I say stick with a basic Tacoma/tundra or a pickup from GM

>say stick with a basic Tacoma/tundra
yes

>or a pickup from GM
hell no. hopefully you're talking about the ones that date back to 2000 through 2006

Yeah. What i've heard is that the new pickups from GM aren't the best and are super complicated

Kinda hard to go wrong though with a 30k bumper to bumper warranty and a 100k mile powertrain warranty on a diesel, though. I've wanted a diesel for a loooong time but the '''''domestic''''' (The XD and Tundra are both more American than the GM twins) diesels are so fucking expensive it's crazy. Also, from doing a little research it seems like Nissan dealerships are offering even better warranty on top of the factory warranty in an effort to see the XDs.

Also, gas mileage is a consideration for me. The Tundra's engine is indeed bulletproof, but there's no escaping that horrible MPG. I just can't believe that Toyota, the company known for pretty good fuel economy, can't make a fuel efficient and reliable V8.

The XD gets pretty good MPG (17-20 mixed, mid 20s highway) from what I've seen.

They're priced low for a reason, but in my opinion if you want a good and reliable pickup just buy yourself a tacoma/tundra, it's up to you though, if you can afford it i don't see why not

Why don't you buy a new truck now and sell it to yourself in 6 months time?

>can't get extended cab Colorado/Canyon with a diesel, only the crew cab
What the FUCK is wrong with American pickup manufacturers and American pickup buyers?

Might be something to do with a difference in the frames.

>XD
fuck off

IMO the Titan XD is a ludicrously underrated truck. The XD will blow any half ton out of the water in towing capability, it's not even close. The XD is much closer to the 3/4 class than a lot of people think, and the 5.0 ISV diesel is a very stout platform. The supposed 12k towing rating is a little low for what this truck is capable of.

The extended cab long bed and crew cab short bed have the exact same wheelbase, so GM are probably using the same frame for them. It's just the usual shittery of car manufacturers tying equipment to bodystyles and trims for no reason despite fitting elsewhere.

Dude, he's interested in a full size truck with a diesel, why the fuck do you keep talking about a Tacoma?

>nissan pickup
>any japanese pickup

>kinda hard to go wrong with a 100k bumper to bumper warranty

It's still a pain in the dick to have to go in for repairs, and that's assuming the warranty isn't filled with jew language designed to get them out of covering anything that actually goes wrong with the car. Give me a more dependable truck any day.

you're a retard

Just buy an LBZ Duramax.

Can't go wrong with a dirtymax

All of Toyota’s high power engines guzzle fuel
>t. Lexus GS F owner

All these fags knocking the titan wih absolutely nothing to back it up is hilarious.

It's the same frame. GM doesn't sell many of the extended cab LB configurations so they didn't even bother with a diesel. Like 98% of regular Canyon/Colo's are crew cab shortboxes. It's what the people want I guess.

I don't know of the diesel is even worth it though. I've heard bad things.

It doesn't have enough power, even as a mid size truck.

Didn't know the Corvette and GT-R are trucks now

I would never buy a 10 year old truck with 150k miles for $25k (quick cars.com search for an LTZ). If anything goes wrong with the engine or turbo, I'm boned. I know the LBZ has a good track record, but with a high mileage used diesel you never know who used it or how hard they beat it. Also, cheap GM plastic is a big nono.

Consider why they're cheap. They haven't proven to be great.

It's more than enough with 300hp and a 8 speed for getting groceries or towing a really small camper or boat. If you tow a 6000lb travel trailer on the reg then a full size truck will be the better choice.

Nah I'm talking about the little Dmax that only has 181 HP. What a fucking joke. The V6 is a dramatically better engine and honestly I don't even know why they offer the little Dmax. Waaaaaay underpowered, even for a mid size.

It dyno's at ~180hp and 350 something TQ at the wheels which is okay but still a bad power to weight ratio. A beefed up version of the 8 speed might help. Unless you do mainly highway towing the diesel is useless unless it responds well to tuning. Though with the things I've heard about it stock and the fact that it's an Italian motor would make me weary.

youtube.com/watch?v=8-qKXmPs0yM

The big tow monster 7.3 IDI diesel only had 180 HP and 340 TQ.

Its a Nissan, have fun

What's wrong with Nissan? The entire truck was designed and built in America, and the engine is made by a company known for reliable diesel engines.

Sounds like pickups in general aren't for you.

I currently drive a 13' F150 6.2L. Feels plenty quick to me.

Way to completely miss the point

What's your point, then?

My point is if you're prioritising speed out of a truck, then a truck is probably not what you're after.
Regardless, 180 hp and the 380lb/ft from 2000rpm makes a midsize plenty fast enough.

>What's wrong with Nissan?
You need to ask?
An engine doesn't rescue a car, just ask Ssanyong.

So again, what's wrong with Nissan? They're using American engineers, the same engineers that could have gone to Ford, Chevy, or RAM.

desu OP, I don't know why but people bash on the XD for being 'slow'. If you take a test drive you'll see if its true, but all the dynos I've seen on youtube show the Cummins as a little bit underrated power wise. It's putting out VERY similar numbers to a stock 6.4 Powerstroke while weighing about the same, and the 6.4 Powerstroke my friend had years back never felt slow, even when it was stock.

Nissan makes up about 40% of the work that comes through my workplace, they sure as shit don't make up 40% of the marketplace. Buy one but, workshops will thank you.

[citation needed]

>Toyota
>Diesel

Stay the fuck away.

-9001/10

Yeah, lemme just head into work on christmas eve and go through the invoices for the last 6 months to tally up for ya.
As I said, go for your life, we make good money off Nissans.

>we make good money off our confirmation bias swayed anecdotes

Heh, it's ok to be sore mate, I'm pretty happy desu, it's been a bad time in the industry but Navaras particularly are absolute gold for workshops.

That's different. The rest of Nissan's vehicles shouldn't be judged on the literal grenades disguised as YD25s and ZD30s.

It's hard not to desu, I probably shouldn't but given that I see and work on them day in day out they ruined my opinion of Nissan.

I drove my uncle's diesel crew cab. Its Okay. I don't like the modern shit like the crazy amounts of buttons and electric steering. He has had to go in a couple time for warranty repairs as well. I prefer driving my 06 f150 or 05 duramax 2500 but I prefer older rides.
Just drive one, if you like it go with it. I wouldn't but thats just me.