Touhou general - /2hug/ - #29

We wuz vampires Edition
Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html

>Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

DEMO LINKS:
Four seasons:
mega.nz/#!hIZTTapC!1A4MTSueiirqFTfLkMeSab3cd6B9b5s4uITU-DlUs2c

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

eraTohoK (plus other era engine games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed) (embed) (embed)

Touhou is Touhou and we are we.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/183185267/#q183327105
docs.google.com/document/d/101ttpNOmt9N5B9Dz11ZolkA9sFKfkIAxWUWYeVoPfcc/edit#heading=h.iz64syuft5bf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw someone says something nice to me

This is a nice thread

Seija is nice but she cant compete with alien girl

The vampire contract is basically welfare.
Remilia is basically living on welfare.
Discuss.

Reminder that when Remilia said she was descended from Count Vlad Tepes Dracula, that was a mistranslation.
Her true ancestor is Count Vlad Tepes Blacula.

The most obvious answer would be the human village girls (Kosuzu, Akyuu, Keine)
Kosuzu is probably the most approachable, but is the most likely to get the two of you into trouble. Almost certainly not worth the effort unless you want to take over her family's shop for financial gain.
Akyuu would be a lovely person to date, but approaching and meeting her would be difficult due to her position, both as a Child of Miare and as a wealthy daughter of a powerful family. Even if you did start dating her, you would have to accept quickly that she won't be with you for very long.
Keine, despite what that other user said, would be a good choice. She's perfectly rational as a were-hakutaku, from what we see during IN, so really she's just a decently strong human who can become a super strong beast like human during the full moon. Probably the easiest girl to have a long term, committed relationship with in the series.

Reimu is an option as well, but she lives far off from the human village, and it may take a while to earn her trust.
Marisa would be nice, but meeting her in the first place would be tough thanks to her home being in the middle of a dangerous forest. Same goes for Alice, with the added downside of the whole different species with different lifespans thing.

Mokou could be an option as well, while she lives in the Bamboo Forest she usually helps lost people get out or leads them to Eintei so finding her wouldnt be that hard. The main issue is that while she listens to what others have to say on the route to Eintei she usually doesnt care to form a relationship or at least doesnt want to due to the inmortality aspect of her that might make her scared of forming bounds with others out of fear of them just dying away.
But yeah she is pretty easy modo.

who would be the hardest touhou to make fall in love with you? I imagine one of the servant characters like Sakuya ir Youmu

Koishi seems pretty hard.

Well yeah, she literally can't think

I considered that, but as you said she's very unlikely to open up to someone who's not immortal, and she probably has serious daddy issues which are always a no-no.
Plus she's in the Bamboo Forest, which is a very dangerous place for humans to go. If you really want to date someone from there, Kagerou is probably a slightly easier choice, even with the werewolf thing.

Actually, those two wouldn't be so hard relatively.
Getting to the SDM is the only really tough part about Sakuya. Once you get a job there, just impress Remilia and she might even give you Sakuya. Regardless, simply working there and spending time with her could be enough to win her over.
As for Youmu, it's a bit more complicated. Obviously, you can't live in the Netherworld, and she can't live in the living world. Aside from that hurdle, she's a stupid and impressionable young girl, and would actually be really easy to get into a relationship with if you had the time and means. Yuyuko might be a problem, though.

Hardest girl would be the more ancient, hidden away youkai and gods. So beings like Yukari and Eirin would be near impossible to impress. Eirin has a special bonus of being both a dedicated servant, and far too old and powerful to be impressed by you, which is a double whammy right there. There's also answers like Ran and Chen, who are basically impossible because they're more or less just spirits possessing youkai being controlled by Yukari.

That's would make it easier, not harder.
She's instinctual, and is far less likely to let societal inhibitions prevent her from partaking in certain acts with you. If you want a long term relationship, you would have to find a way to open her third eye, and that in and of itself would be a difficult task.
Also finding her in the first place would be really tough, even if she were literally right behind you.

>she probably has serious daddy issues which are always a no-no.
I really hope Keine has fixed some of those already.
>Plus she's in the Bamboo Forest, which is a very dangerous place for humans to go
Going to Eientei too constantly just to be with her and try to make her your 2hu doesnt seem too bad. Might be too grindy to open her up but would be worth it.
>There's also answers like Ran and Chen, who are basically impossible because they're more or less just spirits possessing youkai being controlled by Yukari.
You wouldnt put your dick on C A T P U S S Y, would you user?
She has the mental age of a 3 year old child since she only works with the subconciousness and she wouldnt do normal couple things like ******* hands or fugging or kissing or hugging so is like having a relationship with a brain dead mental retarded person, it simply wouldnt work.

Speaking of Koishi, it seems to me that she is the character ZUN placed more mental gymnastic while developing it her character.

>she wouldnt do normal couple things like (...) fugging
I'm going to have to argue on that point. While she is mentally basically a child, she's physically a woman, and as such would most certainly be able to feel natural urges to breed just as any animal would.
Well ok maybe she wouldn't as a youkai. It's really up to debate.
Not to mention, she can read the subconscious, and would most certainly feel, say, your lust for her as you stared at her provocative, yet innocent form. There's no telling what effect that would have on her.

>C A T P U S S Y
Pussy pussy?

She's a dumbass who can read your subconscious thoughts and has a permanent SEP field around her person, what's the issue?

>new thread before bump limit
>blacked Remilia
The OP sucks. I knew I shouldn't trust /2hug/ in making the new thread.

>blacked Remilia
But user we discussed this like two threads before. Remilia is a nigger.

I was there for the entire thread two threads ago but don't remember any blacked Remi.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/183185267/#q183327105
It was just a silly discussion that popped up when someone started trying to find a possible origin for Remilia's name.

>She's a dumbass who can read your subconscious thoughts and has a permanent SEP field around her person, what's the issue?
Everything in 2hu sounds dumb if you oversimplify it and still I dont think there is other 2hu as overtought as her.
>Theme was made so it could be reversed and sound "properly" or something
>Spellcards are all direct or indirect psychology references
>Most interesting gimmick for a Extra Stage Boss
Nah fuck you
Actually it all started because someone wanted to know from which part of Europe the scarlet vampires came from.

No I mean Koishi is a dumbass. That's not an attack on her concept, or the work ZUN put into making her. It's just an observation. Koishi is not a very bright individual.

Its not her fault she Casca´d herself

That tends to be the impression people get when your thoughts are physically incapable of influencing your actions.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the biggest baka of them all?

(You)

No u

rekt

Sanae could have helped her loli granny.

Suwako is like 7 years old user

There's no helping stupidity of that magnitude.

Forever jailbait
Its the tadpole destiny to be that stupid

My taste in 2hu is THIS high while /2hug/'s taste is THIS low

What is tadpole destiny anyway?

>Remilia is a name that originated in 1940s america
>Remilia has been lying this whole time and is actually from queens
There's no evidence for the contrary so this is my new headcanon

Black Remilia doujin when?

I'm surprised no one has made a touhou tabletop game yet

Here

This is my harem

Less than a minute in Google
docs.google.com/document/d/101ttpNOmt9N5B9Dz11ZolkA9sFKfkIAxWUWYeVoPfcc/edit#heading=h.iz64syuft5bf

Alternatively, you could just play a homebre D&D campaign set in Gensokyo

I want a 2hu to look at me as if I were a thrash

I'm sure you can find pictures like that easily.

Sakuya is beautifl

all 2hus are beautiful in their own way

except Marisa

rude

Rinnosuke is my boyfriend

why are these things so wierd

they're cute, CUTE!

I actually think Remilia wouldn't be too hard.
Once you get to the SDM you can just start working there. The standards for employment seem to be pretty low when you consider how useless the fairy maids are said to be.
After that it's just a matter of time until Remilia gets interested in the human from the outside world who works at her mansion. The hard part from there is making sure that she stays interested.

but you've just proven it

make fun of Marisa all you want, but if you talk shit about yukkuris I'll have to kick your ass

Yukkuri is cute, but the problem is there's way too many gore version of it. Hell, even the non-gore pictures where the yukkuri got physically hurt, hungry, homeless, sad, ect caused me unease to the very core.

If Yukkuri is dying I'm blame all the stupid fucking gore artists.

Which one of you nonces is dumping NSFW 2hus in that thread on /v/ that hasn't been 404'd for some reason?

let them vent, I know if yukkuri were real I'd be their protector

Who the hell goes on /v/ these days?

me

I'll be honest, I was waiting for this thread to die so that I can make a new non-shitty OP.

Are you guys mad because of the nigger Remilia?

wich 2hu wud be desperate enough to date me?

Should have said so earlier I wouldn't have bumped it

>D&D campaign set in gensokyo
Unless your characters start at level 20, all they are going to do is fairy wars.

There's an entire class in D&D that's basically "Yukari: The Class", not to mention that most of the monsters in D&D are eldritch horrors that only 2hus with incredibly broken abilities like Yuyuko's could deal with easily

>most of the monsters in D&D are eldritch horrors that only 2hus with incredibly broken abilities like Yuyuko's could deal with easily

D&D powerlevels aren't that high, unless you go high into epic levels or 5E completely changed everything that was established about the multiverse in the prior editions.

>"Yukari: The Class"
You know that Yukari is borderline omnipotent, right? A class like that would be even stronger than a regular level 20. Actually, almost every touhou would be stronger than a regular level 20.

The thing with D&D monsters is that quite a few monsters have really broken abilities like 2hus, but unlike 2hus, they don't have a reason for not using them, so they're retarded

He's probably referring to planeswalkers, but they aren't even a class

>borderline omnipotent
I don't think you know what that word means user, Yukari is neither all powerful nor God

I don't think you know what is Yukari's power. She IS borderline omnipotent. Even Akyuu recognized her ability to be "comparable to gods".

>Akyuu
You mean the person who's basically Yukari's fuckbuddy?
The one who lets Yukari edit her books?

Anyway, unlimited potential =/= unlimited power. Yukari can potentially affect anything, but she's been shown to not have unlimited power in the past.

Yukari's power is limited. Wasn't she unable to make a portal to the moon in one of the mangas and had to wait until a full moon?

Yup, she's also lost to the Watatsuki Bitches and may be lesser to Eiki. And that's not even mentioning Hecatia, who's implicitly stated to be stronger, and the Dragon God, who'd pretty much have to be stronger for his story to check out.

For not being a god she is pretty powerful and could compete both in raw power and in spellcard battles, and while she is not at the same level as the gods she isnt left too far either.

>muh gods.
Gonna stop you right there, you keep bringing up gods like some sort of impressive benchmark, when in reality the Shinto concept of a "god" is so different from our understanding of the term that using god as a translation strikes me as, frankly, questionable at best. Kami are more like divine spirits that personify various concepts or objects, are ridiculously numerous, and are typically not all that strong individually outside of the big shots like Amaterasu. Comparing Yukari to kami is like comparing yourself to youkai as a whole, it makes no sense because the power spectrum is so god damn huge.

Also of note: Minoriko and Shizuha are gods.

They are not strong at all.

>Reimu was following the rules when she killed the fortune teller
>Makes exceptions on same rules when it suits her
Im not mad anymore I swear

>Love Live! School Idol Festival General - /llsifg/ #1310: fuck aqours edition
>Mentions almost all generals
>5 spammed already
Are we under yet another attack by spammers?

Nani?

Not the same, they weren't human to start with.

So if it's faith that makes things strong in the 2hu world, does that mean that the judeo christian god is the most powerful thing in existence

Her duty was to protect the balance of Gensokyo. She truly thinks that a human becoming a Youkai would upset the balance.

I mean to be fair, being a human in Gensokyo would be pretty shitty considering they are in constant fear of getting eaten by Youkai.

So if the villagers know there's a possible way to become a Youkai, then probably most of them would do it. If most people do it, then surely it would effect the balance.

To prevent this from happening, Reimu execute the Fortune teller before the public knew it was possible for a human to become Youkai.

Oh, apparently some retard got mad in the Love Live general (I dont know why there is a Love Live general) so he made a shitton of spam threads to get the whole general killed like /ks*g/

Eh? What about Islam? They worship the same God, YHWH.

Why the * ?

/ksg/

Considering Touhou is in/near Japan where Taoism, Shinto and Budhism have a large following nearby the powers of Christian God wouldnt be that powerful there but at the same time Japan has a considerable amount of Christians so IDK why christian related doesnt appear.
Or maybe theres a Gensokyo in the West where god and supernatural parts from christianity live together.
The missing letter is a "p", apparently mentioning said general autosages threads and Ive seen people get autobanned/blocked for just mentioning it.
They fucked up beyond repair

That depends on if God exists in Touhou.
It's possible that the various splits in his worship base could also hurt his overall faith gains, but it's hard to say for certain.

At least nip gods exist in 2hu, in SSIB Reimu and the Moongirl were able to have the gods inhabit their bodies so they could use their powers.

>Be Human
>Become Hermit
>????
>Profit

Found yer loophole.

Of course they do, MoF alone confirms that.

Hermits are not youkai, and the path to becoming one is far more arduous.
Hell, youkai consider hermits a delicacy, giving them far more to fear from youkai.

It was never stated how much she can actually do with her powers. As far as we know the limitations in her powers aren't that many, she already did crazy shit like turning both day and night into one thing by removing the border between day and night.

Making a portal to the moon wasn't hard because it was far, but because the moon is protected, so it was hard for her, but not an impossible task either.
Traveling to the heavens also had some shenanigans to it iirc, since she couldn't simply make a portal there.

>Watatsuki bitches
Toyohime is one of the strongest touhou characters ever, she literally has the power of being lucky, which means she never faced a single adversity in her life because she was lucky enough to nothing bad to happen to her, if you try to do something against her, you won't be able to do it due to luck.

And that's when things starts to get weird, because Yukari is stronger than Suika, but Suika managed to fucking shatter the moon by simply punching the sky, so either it wasn't the same moon as the lunarians live in, or the protection on the moon is purely magical.

I wonder how silly 2hu Yahweh's hat is.

Suika shattered an illusionary moon, and it's possible that Suika has more raw destructive potential than Yukari because "power" isn't this linear, easily measured thing like DBZ would make you autists believe.

Thing is though, Hermits are naturally more powerful than Youkai. Youkai like eating Hermits because, on top of evidently tasting good, they get a massive power boost from doing so. And if an average animal eats a Hermit, then they become a Youkai on the spot.

That is true, but again just becoming a hermit is far too difficult for the average human, and hermits are less likely to throw of the balance of Gensokyo.

Don't forget, a Kishin from hell will come to assassinate you too, plus the strong Youkai. The way to become and to stay as a hermit is way too tedious and too much work for a normal human.

I think the Kishin was just after Seiga, not Hermits in general. Seiga is kinda blatantly evil, so it makes sense that they want her dead.