drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/c6LHM.
clyp.it/sg35qvuo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tMGwMkwas
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-04-dark-souls-3-how-to-complete-every-npc-quest-in-one-playthrough-4045
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a video of someone two-shotting him. One-shot might be a bit harder due to raw HP differences.

>Which is exactly what 2 does.
Wrong. Chain aggro and the multitude of ambushes, for example, are not punishing your mistakes. That is just the shitter of a director falling for their own marketing.

Post cute!

>having this much of a double standard

are you having trouble cumming again? is that why you came back for more abuse?

>Getting blowin the fuck out
>Resorts to insults
Busted your bitch ass

>Chain aggro and the multitude of ambushes
Lol wut?
Why people always lie like that about das2?

Are you really to the point where you are going to pretend that DaS2 wasn't full of ambushes?

>DS1
>not having endless ambushes and hoards of enemies

The only areas that felt like they crossed the line of fairness were Iron Keep and pre-patch Amana, that's it. If I got through the rest of the game with ease and a bit of patience then so must everyone else in this thread.

Also speaking of punishing mistakes the webm you posted is a prime example. You waited too long to heal so Fume Knight instantly cooled down and attacked from range.

Alright, bully me.

Had a few pictures, so rather than posting them one by one I made a collection on imgur: imgur.com/a/c6LHM.

So my first +15 weapon in Dark Souls was the Claymore

>no pikachu ears or scholar's candlestick
it's like you don't wanna do damage

Cute pics

There were plenty that felt unfair, even if they were easy.

>Also speaking of punishing mistakes the webm you posted is a prime example. You waited too long to heal so Fume Knight instantly cooled down and attacked from range.

The fuck are you talking about? I healed successfully in that WebM.

pikachu ears are an affront to fashion

>ywn have Gwyndolin laugh at you
why live

clyp.it/sg35qvuo

>Le the other game XD
Kys

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tMGwMkwas

>sunlight straight sword WA gives damage buff (don't know by how much)
>deep protection
he uses yorksha chime because it has the highest spell buff? I don't know how miracles and spell buffs work, so I don't know if this makes a difference whatsoever with deep protection
>lightning blade on the fugs
>power within
>dragon torso stone
>lightning clutch, flynn and red tearstone
>99 str, 40 dex, 65 fth
no morion needed because he's SL 187

This one is less viable because we don't know if you can 1 shot champion gundyr at a reasonable sl, even if you use morion blade. But it could be possible I guess.

Does fatty armor really have a larger hitbox than non-fatty armor?

>DS2 and DS3 are worse than DS1
>because the encounters are the same but the gameplay is better

getting ready to play ds3 for the first time
are there decent physical weapons that double as catalysts? That was probably the highlight of 2 for me

>The fuck are you talking about? I healed successfully in that WebM.

Wasn't my point. General rule is heal straight after an enemy has finished attacking, everyone knows this. Some scrublet who can't roll properly would have died there as a direct result of waiting too long.

Alright how do I git gud with Gotthard Twinswords?
Everyone destroy me in a trade and the WA doesn't have hyperarmor

Shut up, game is garbage and it doesn't punish mistakes it's just forces artificial difficulty unlike others games in the series

it's not a lie, it's hypocrisy and a double standard

DS1 and DS3 gets away with bullshit because they look pretty

woah hold up we're hitting critical meme density mass here

any more trigger words and the general might explode!

>artificial difficulty

What the fuck does this even mean? The only argument I ever see is muh mob ganks ignoring that the other games are full of them too

So your argument is that DaS2 is tough but fair, except for all those ambushes which aren't fair but don't count because reasons, and DaS2 punishes your mistakes except I "made a mistake" and the game didn't punish me for it?

In ds and ds3 you can just run past mobes if something went wrong
In ds2 they actually block your path sometimes, so you forced to learn how not aggro everyone in the room
Different systems

use it like a normal straightsword

Lucy turns off his trip to samefag
Just how much pathetic someone can be?

form an argument that doesn't resort to "it doesn't count because it's not DS1".

You can't even explain specifics why you dislike DS2 other than whining that it's not DS1 and using vague terms you stole from matthewmemetosis

Looking to make a 80-100 Dex char

Should I put 26 in star or am I better if putting into faith for dmb?

I actually support him because it triggers sub humans like you

what weapon?

You need 40-60 faith for dark moon blade to be worth anything, so 26/40 sharp infusion with resins is probably best.

>So your argument is that DaS2 is tough but fair

No it's a fairly easy game that people whinge about because they can't pull everything one by one any more. So what if 5 enemies attack you at once, they all die in a couple of hits just don't be retarded.

Okay. Go to SL120. Take off Magic Clutch ring and replace it with FAP+3. Lower end to 26. Lower vit to 36. Raise str and dex enough to weild MLGS or atleast a flamberge.

baka
he only got to kill my phantom at the end

Going for edgy char, figure try washing pole

The entire discussion is about the series punishing your mistakes rather than just having a bunch of shit rush you down or just outright cheating in general.

Gaping Dragon had better be the most boring boss in this game because holy fuck was that the definition of tedious. Not even challenging, just time-consuming.

Nope. Not by a long shot. There's at least one more boss that's even worse.

Cuteness is subjective. Firekeeper is eternal.

>multitude of ambushes
Don't pretend like ambushes weren't an integral part of Souls combat since Demon's Souls. Fuck, the first sequence in 1-1 already has Dreglings ambushing you from behind those barricades.

Why is it that the most defense you can have is around 33% absorption?

You'd think it would get to 50 at least with the heavier armors.

I haven't played Dark Souls 3 since launch. Is it worth coming back for the DLC and the balance changes? Do longswords still outclass literally every other 1hand weapon? Is poise still worthless?

Because Miyazaki was raped by a man cosplaying as Havel and ever since he's hated heavy armor and poise with a passion.

>play during European time
>ganksquads
>no fun allowed
>salty messages, even when 4v1'ing
>literal children screaming in their mics
>90% is a melee build

>American time
>fun cosplays
>confident players, often letting you 1v1
>just a lot of random little things, people take the game a lot less serious
>much more creative approaches to invading and co-oping
>many hybrid or even pure caster builds

I'm European myself btw.

Absorption means fuck all anyway

>Do longswords still outclass literally every other 1hand weapon?
Yes, but not by a huge amount anymore

>Is poise still worthless?
Nope, it's the main way to play anything larger than a longsword.

> Is it worth coming back for the DLC and the balance changes?
That's up to you. The PvP is not (and will never be) very competitive or deep. It's still just ganksquads and a shitty half-assed arena mode. The DLC has a lot of good weapons and spells, and +3 rings, so if you do seriously play the pvp (don't) you basically need the DLC. Bosses in the DLC are good but it's a mixed bag, definitely not as good as previous game's DLC.

>Worth coming back for DLC
DLC1 was medoicre at best, DLC2 is pretty gud, worth playing.
>Straightsword still OP
Yes
>Poise
It's not DS1 poise, but it's... functional now, on certain weapons anyway.

>is poise still worthless?
Poise /super armor got balanced after AoA and it made weapon classes like hammers useful. Refined infusion has been nerfed

Honestly no matter what time I play it's all shitters, all the time. Bad cosplays, 'funny' faces, password havelmonsters literally clearing the level while the host sits at the bonfire, summoners, the occasional ganksquad.

European or American, no exceptions. It's ALL shitters.

Now that DaS3 is released, is linking the first flame considered the one true, canon ending to DaS? Since the Kaathe path in DaS is akin to the Usurper ending in DaS3, and we assume that the usurper ending is the true ending to the dark souls series, then that implies that Kaathe has never before achieved his ambition of letting the dark take over.

I know this is retroactively applying reasoning to something to which the devs never considered at the time of making DaS, but its the best we can do. Especially when its implied that we never killed Gwyndolin in DaS and he survived up until the events of DaS3.

Following this line of logic, and considering the Firekeeper's words at the end of the "End of Fire" ending. Could it be implied that the "End of Fire" is not actually an end, but a reset to the world, waiting for the First flame to pop up again?

Will there ever be a game released that will be as good or even better than the original Darksouls?

Bloodborne 2

the DLC for Bloodborne 1 is also on a equal level of quality compared to the first half of Dark Souls 1, IMO

Bloodborne.

Why can Reds attack one another in invasions? Just for trolling purposes?

And getting rushed down by a bunch of shit is a direct consequence of trying to faceroll groups of mobs. See pic - base adaptability, shit weapons, multiple NG+ bosses, die to everything in one hit and STILL the game didn't feel cheap.

It punishes the #1 mistake players make throughout, lack of patience.

>breezing through Blighttown
>find way behind red tentacle monstrosity
>this must be the weak point, right?
>it's immune to damage from that angle
>it twerks its ass and one-shots me
Magnificent design.

>And getting rushed down by a bunch of shit is a direct consequence of trying to faceroll groups of mobs.

Wrong. Nothing you can do except face roll them when you get shoved into an ambush or they chain aggro.

>GS Hyperarmor
>Greatclub R2 move-set
>Halberd R1 move-set
>Standard Dark damage
>Faith and Strenght scaling
>Buffable
>Perseverance WA
>Bloodletter force WA
>Allahu akbar WA
>first WA L2 has a 100% chance to stun

What the hell were they thinking?

>BB2

Maybe in 2020 as a side project, assuming the company is still around.

there are probably 10-15 games released every year better than the original dark souls

Dark Souls isn't even that good, it's not From's best game, it's not the best game of 2011. And until it was released on PC it wasn't even From's most successful game

still can't beat old in and out from a proper dex fag

bandai told them to add more reasons to buy the DLC since AoA sales were disappointing

proper dexfags don't exist, though.

i exist, i'll fuck you up ese

when I say I love DS1 I mean "I love everything in the first half plus the archives, and I love that I get to skip the depths and most of blighttown every playthrough

I hate most of the rest of the game, I'm not even that fond of AotA

hi casual fan here

is dark souls 2 fully canon and integrated into the lore of 1 and 3, or is it the odd one out?

i've done a lot of playthroughs of 1, beaten 2 just once, and as i'm going through 3 i'm seeing callbacks to 1 but none to 2

>skipping depths/blighttown

if they were going to make it optional with the master key they should have at least put some good loot there. what's even worth getting aside from the ember right at the start?

I've never met anyone who doesn't think the quality gets dropped after beating Kenan & Kel.

I hate Lost Izalith more than I hate having diabeetus.
I hate New Londo almost as much.

It's fully canon and integrated.

The main reason DaS3 is written the way it is, is because it's the definition of "playing it safe," and the surefire way of doing that is by referencing the first game as much as possible.

do we know when and where it takes place relative to 2?

i figure it's safe to assume it happens after 1?

this

Most of it is more or less canon and you're right that it doesn't get nearly as many "dude remember this thing"s as DS1 does, but it's canon. Any inconsistencies, like the great souls being incarnation of the lord souls, can be chalked up to "le convoluted flow of time ecks dee"

The games take place in this order
1-2-3

Spider Shield, Fire Keeper Soul, and iaito

Anyone know the slider for this cutie?

Why do we keep playing these games if they're so badly designed and written?

it's canon but the overarching plot is more of a story within the universe as opposed to 1 & 3 being directly about the universe.

aldia is really the only character with strong ties to the flame cycle.

Dark Souls 3 threw out any notion of a unified canon in the games by bringing back characters and locations in ways that made no sense. DS2 did that to some extent, but it was always on a separate continent so there was some plausible deniability that it was just a reference, not an actual canon re-occurance. DS3 straight-up re-uses locations though so you can't create a single canon.

Now it's best to think of each game as their own story, with loosely related themes and ideas between them.

See above. DS1 and DS2 are their own separate stories but they share some themes and ideas (like the 4 lord souls). DS3's lore is sort of a "what iff" scenario using characters and locations from DS1, but does a lot that violates DS1's story and makes no sense if it were to be an actual sequel.

Heard the sliders differ from platform so mines on ps4

No, stop asking. The guy who posted it probably doesn't browse /dsg/ anymore, and there are better sliders if you bother looking or trying.

Because they occupy their own niche and no other copycat has succeeded in doing it better.

because there aren't any other games in its niche
what other action RPGs let me use a rapier, or a halberd, and have a moveset that actually fucking makes sense for a rapier or halberd

Because it's the closest I'll get to a decent Berserk game.

>tfw Berserk Souls would sell gangbusters but any adaptation of Berserk into another form of media is cursed to fail

Alright then bitch, just axing.

no joke this is why i started playing

you wouldn't even have to change much to pass off DaS1 as a story taking place in the same world but way later or something

anor londo could be post-fade falconia, etc

Bosses you thought you'd die alot but turned out to be a pushover?

I heard so much shit about O&S and then unceremoniously beat them on my third or fourth try. Didn't summon, wasn't over-leveled or over-geared, nothing. I just got a feel for pre-dodging Smough's shit coming in from off-screen while focusing Ornstein and that was that. Maybe it was just a lucky run but whatever.

It's reasonably safe to assume that both 2 and 3 take place after 1, and there's a few things that suggest 3 takes place after 2 but it's less certain.

champion gundyr
Yeah, he's fast and attacks a lot but he also has very reliable openings where you can get an attack in. Don't be greedy, l2roll, if you can parry even better but he's still easy if you know dark souls fundamentals.

But who did you kill first

That is the real question

you're not surprised by that at all are you?

I'm finally getting around to the DS3 DLC, but I want to do all the NPC quests I fucked up on before. Is there a good guide for that? The checklist in the OP seems good, but it doesn't cover anything in order.

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-04-dark-souls-3-how-to-complete-every-npc-quest-in-one-playthrough-4045
I found this one but it says "there are a lot of routing variables no one knows about" which seems like the author didn't try very hard.

No, 2 almost certainly takes place before 3. The item descriptions on things like the Shield of Want and the Dragonrider Bow, and Gilligan's corpse in the Profaned Capital highly suggest that.

this man likes to eat cereal that has had dicks in it.